This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What powered the Dakara Superweapon?

To the best of my knowledge it was never explained on the show, but it came to mind when I was watching Reckoning last night. The fact that the energy wave could radiate into space around Dakara would suggest (to me at least) that it was powered by a ZPM or a power source producing an equivalent level of power.

Delete this thread if its repeating a discussion from the past.

I have often wondered about this, but if I'm remembering correctly there's no point thinking about it anymore (Counterstrike).
    sigpic
    If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
    I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

The Dakara super weapon is powered by a plot hole, similar to a blackhole but able to provide infinitatly more power

Comment

It probably wasn't a ZPM or the SGC would have stolen it. Plus, we've seen that the Ancients and even the Asgard have power sources with similar outputs to ZPM's.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by gavo2o View Post
          The Dakara super weapon is powered by a plot hole, similar to a blackhole but able to provide infinitatly more power
          Lol. Not bad at all.

Comment

My bets goes to a hamster on a wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              It probably wasn't a ZPM or the SGC would have stolen it.
              Vala,
              If they knew about it and where it was..

Comment

Originally posted by gavo2o View Post
                Every time i read that i keep laughing
                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                Anime signature in spoiler tag
                Spoiler:
                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  My bets goes to a hamster on a wheel.
                  Nope they used Magnets
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    If they knew about it and where it was..
                    They could just track it's energy signature. Which they have proved on SG-1 and Atlantis that it is possible to track ZPM energy signatures.

Vala,

Comment

They could just track it's energy signature. Which they have proved on SG-1 and Atlantis that it is possible to track ZPM energy signatures.

Vala,
                      Weren't areas of the weapon protected from the wave? The same stuff used to protect people from the wave could also stop the energy signiture being tracked if a ZPM were in one of those rooms.

Comment

It's a little off topic but still relevant to Darakarn weapon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original purpose of the machine was to seed life on a whole bunch of planets in the Milky Way galaxy. From what I understand, they dial a planet, push a few carefully placed buttons, a wave goes through the gate and over time you get life. If I am correcting in thinking all of that, how come we haven't found one in Pegasus? Should there not either be a similar device in Atlantis or on another planet?
                        sigpic
                        If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                        I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original purpose of the machine was to seed life on a whole bunch of planets in the Milky Way galaxy. From what I understand, they dial a planet, push a few carefully placed buttons, a wave goes through the gate and over time you get life. If I am correcting in thinking all of that, how come we haven't found one in Pegasus? Should there not either be a similar device in Atlantis or on another planet?
                          they either haven't found it or the wraith/asurans/other dudes destroyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post

It's only been confirmed that it was used on Earth to seed Humans and from how I understand it life already existed on Earth but they added their own DNA to the local animal life so eventually the second evolution of themselves would evolve and their species would live on. This device was not around when the Ancients first came to the galaxy so they had no problem finding worlds with life on them or terraforming many to suit their needs. Therefore there would be no need for such a device in the Pegasus galaxy other than to explain why there are Humans there and for all we know they artificially created Humans in a test tube rather than allowing them to evolve naturally.

If you think about it, this would've been the best bet for a plaque infested bunch of Ancients to recreate themselves. This way their DNA hides in the local animal life (who wouldn't have been infected by it) and by the time it evolves into something capable of being infected, the Ancients would be long gone so there is no chance of exposing your second form creations to the plaque. Where as the Ancients who went to the Pegasus galaxy were free of the plaque so they didn't have to search for a round about solution to creating a second version of themselves.

Anyway, as to the orignal question in this thread, I'd like to add geothermal energy as a possible power source. Like with the outpost on Inferno they could've utilized Dakara for it's natural source of energy. It explains why there isn't a ZPM to snatch while at the same time having a power source capable of doing everything that we've seen.

Comment

It probably wasn't a ZPM or the SGC would have stolen it. Plus, we've seen that the Ancients and even the Asgard have power sources with similar outputs to ZPM's.

Vala,
                              I agree about the stealing part but where has it ever been shown the Ancients had power sources with similar outputs to a ZPM let alone the Asgard...
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                              X