This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Asuran have true FreeWill?and..

Does Asuran have true FreeWill?and deserve the right of self determination?

Many Artificial Intelligence machine in Science Fiction are consider sentient being and people even debate about their right as living life form , may be deserve some of the "human right".

In Star Trek, Data was put on trial and declear a free officer , not a property with right of self determination .
    EMH doctor( Robert Picardo ) was declared a sentient with intelligential property right.

And in recent yr, many A.I seems to be consider more as a individal than a toaster if
    they have sex with human.
    Data had sex , EMH doctor attracted to seven of Nine.
    The Cyclon model Six was gang raped by human ,and one of them fell in love wiith Baltar, The cyclon (the Xena model ) had a threesome with six and Baltar.Boomer had a baby with human.

But the Asuran seems become more of machine than A.I lifeForm.

10 thousand yr ago after the Ancient defeat, the Wraith shut down their attack code.Since then they become a civilization , mimicking the Lanteans.
    But in many way they evolve.Even with the hatred toword their creator for their betray,some small fraction of Asuran find a way to admire and respect Lantean ,with goals of ascendsion.

After their contact with SGA, Asuran didn't make any wise decision as a collective.

Niam was probably the most open minded Asuran ,but he was Portrayed as a killer machine. when his aggression program was re-install he only acted out what he would have done by SGA's betrayal.

The Asuran collective choose to re-install the aggression program after SGA's betrayal.That was their decision ,but maybe not a wise one.

When they override the directive for not harming Lanteans, they choose to kill all the remaining Lanteans.

Now with Dr Mckay re-activated their wraith attack code , they have to attack the Wraith, in episode "Reunion" the Asuran prisoner choose to kill the Wraith and ignore the SGA .

Does Asuran still have freewill ?

Better grammar would be nice.

Don't forget The Doctor had sex with a Vidiian woman.

Comment

Humans also have instincts, genetically imprinted behaviour patterns, and personality traits that develope through time and are determined by the environment (parents, school, friends etc). These are things that you hardly can resist, still we say that humans have free will. So I guess the Asurans have just as much of a free will as we do.

Comment

Well I don't know if they have free will, some of them only to be pawns of the leader while others are able to question and learn(those that are in command). So I say there is a class system in which there are two groups, those that can question and those that can not.

Comment

I would say that they do not have true free will.
          Spoiler:
          The fact that McKay was able to make them attack the wraith with a computer program confirms this for me. It cannot count as free will if a man with a computer can make you do what he wants and not what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            Spoiler:
            The fact that McKay was able to make them attack the wraith with a computer program confirms this for me. It cannot count as free will if a man with a computer can make you do what he wants and not what you want.
            they don't have freewill because like in reunion where the asuran came out of that bubble thing it didn't even attack the atlantis crew that were firing on it
            sigpic
            [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

i think they have free will to a sertain extent but the things in there base code they have to or can not do anything else is up to them

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                Spoiler:
                I think they have free will but are still bound to the basic sub-routines of their "base-code"...
                Spoiler:
                So where the Asurans had the chioce to help the atlantis experdition or not was free will... Where as attacking the Wraith is in thier bace-code and once activated they have to obay...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                  I think they have free will but are still bound to the basic sub-routines of their "base-code"...
                  Spoiler:
                  So where the Asurans had the chioce to help the atlantis experdition or not was free will... Where as attacking the Wraith is in thier bace-code and once activated they have to obay...
                  I agree since they can destroy human worlds it proves they have free will to do as they please to follow their main base code.

Comment

no.

i think if you remove their programs they will cease to exist, becuase they have nothing to live for. they would have no purpose for anything

and them attacking and or things they do is all beacuse of the programs and codes that were intergrated into them

its like what the terminator said, that if john connor the leader of the resistance dies, he would have no purpose to exist or something like that since he was given a mission and once thats done his gone...

humans are driven by impulses and a state of mind to make choices and the feeling of whats right or wrong, the asurans would have to run a program and possible go through a list of whats bad or whats good, take that away, they would just kill and think its normal and have no logic about the killing..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
                      Better grammar would be nice.

Don't forget The Doctor had sex with a Vidiian woman.
                      People with "bad grammar" are probably from other countries and it is good enough that they are using english. Their writing might be imperfect but the posts from those of us that english is our first language will improve their skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X