• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate to be shown in Russia!

From ITAR-TASS (

http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2....5336&PageNum=0

RUSSIA

NTV television begins broadcasts round the clock

MOSCOW, October 5 (Itar-Tass) --NTV television begins broadcasts round the clock. Night broadcasts begin on October 12 with famous TV series and sports programmes included in the night NTV broadcasts, the press service of NTV television told Tass on Tuesday.

In the near future NTV will show The Stargate, The Sopranos, wild life and nature programmers, sports programmes, including soccer and billiard, and feature films, the press service said.

No special programmes produced by NTV company will be on the air at night for the time being, but such programmes are a matter of time, the press service said.

© ITAR-TASS.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Proof-Positive
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Proof-Positive

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I wonder what they'll think of the Russian team...
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

We should install spycams in russian livingrooms for the episodes "The tomb" and "watergate" ;-)

To be serious I think they will take it with humor as do I when Germany is mentioned (allways the badguys, I know^^)
      www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

Heck, some eps of Spooks/MI5 were liable to p.o Americans, I've heard some Germans weren't happy with the Nazi alien arc in Enterprise... - though if I was in charge of NTV I'd set up my own spinoff centreing on the Russian program which occasional guesting from the US characters if the budget's big enough to pay them!
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Martouf84
          We should install spycams in russian livingrooms for the episodes "The tomb" and "watergate" ;-)

To be serious I think they will take it with humor as do I when Germany is mentioned (allways the badguys, I know^^)
          two WW blamed on germany will do that. even of the first one wasn' oyur falt and the second was only kinda your falt crazy dictators are hard to stop. owell war is good fo tech no ww2 no computers
          -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
          GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
          M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
          ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
          geekcode

Comment

LOL

Having watched Russian television (in Russia, not the US satellite broadcasts) I question whether what the Russian people will see is actually "Stargate" or whether it will be a linguistically butchered/culturally confused "Stargate!" Of course, when I was there in '92, any programs/movies from the West were generally only available on video tape and most of them were pirated. I remember watching "Dances With Wolves" - the entire movie had Chinese subtitles across the bottom and there was a single Russian man speaking over everyone for all the dialogue. He was translating on the fly . . . so although I was very impressed at his ability to translate quickly, all emotion/significance/meaning was pretty lost. Then, whenever the Lakota were speaking (originally with English subtitles), you couldn't understand anything they were saying because the English subtitles were covered up by Chinese subtitles and the Russian translater didn't speak Sioux or Chinese! As beautiful and well-done as that movie was, it was boring and confusing a la Russian! The sad part was that this movie could have been an interesting cultural lesson/experience for a Russian audience since they had practically no knowledge about the "American West" and the westward expansion in the 19th century. Not to mention the Native American population and history!

So, I hope that since "Stargate" will be shown on a television network that they have gone through legal channels and worked with MGM to get the translations accurate and well-done. Much of the cultural humor is untranslatable, but hopefully they will still get across that it is supposed to be humorous and not offensive, as often happens. (unfortunately)

-tera'ngan
            nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
              From ITAR-TASS (

http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2....5336&PageNum=0

RUSSIA

NTV television begins broadcasts round the clock

MOSCOW, October 5 (Itar-Tass) --NTV television begins broadcasts round the clock. Night broadcasts begin on October 12 with famous TV series and sports programmes included in the night NTV broadcasts, the press service of NTV television told Tass on Tuesday.

In the near future NTV will show The Stargate, The Sopranos, wild life and nature programmers, sports programmes, including soccer and billiard, and feature films, the press service said.

No special programmes produced by NTV company will be on the air at night for the time being, but such programmes are a matter of time, the press service said.

© ITAR-TASS.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
              http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
              http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Proof-Positive
              http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Proof-Positive
              It says The Stargate...so does that mean SG-1 or the movie Stargate?

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Im sure they'll just lovve O'Neill in 'The Tomb'
                Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
                O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                  It says The Stargate...so does that mean SG-1 or the movie Stargate?

Ace
                  We have to assume its SG1, seeing as how the movie is a worldwide release, and the Russians have had acess to it for some time.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Well, I am Russian, living in Estonia, and I used to watch Sg-1 when it was shown on russian television for the first time. They didn't go further than Season 2 I believe, and all the episodes were dubbed, so you couldn't hear the original voices of the cast. I doubt it will be much different this time around.

As for the impression itself, I think it's a great series, and I've watched every single episode up today (I download it of course, but no other choice really since it's never shown in Estonia). "Russian" episodes are of course amusing to watch from my point of view since even SG-1 couldn't resist the temptation to present the steretypical "cold war" view of russian military. But can't blame them really - you should have watched some russian series with the same approach to "dumb americans". It's all a matter of perspective

The funniest bit of this "russian" theme was when two russian seamen discovered a replicator (Can't remember the name of the episode), and one of the said in russian "Ah, that's the bug from the previous episode!"

Comment

LOL....is that REALLY what he said? I always wondered, but I didn't take Russian long enough to be able to follow what's said on TV past "my god" or "hello", and those are obvious because of what would be happening on the screen...
                      - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
                      THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
                      BM: "Aren't they all?"
                      www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
                      www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcazmo The Clown
                        LOL....is that REALLY what he said?
                        Yep... They even say so on the audio commentary on the DVD.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Meto
                          "Ah, that's the bug from the previous episode!"
                          LOL. I just love that.

That and the translation of the Goa'uld message, from another thread, about roses and red violets. And something about how the wheels on the bus go round and round... Hysterical.
                          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Meto View Post
                            As for the impression itself, I think it's a great series, and I've watched every single episode up today (I download it of course, but no other choice really since it's never shown in Estonia).
                            It was shown on TV3 in 2000 or something. And now it's being shown on TV6.
                            sigpic

Comment

World war 3 after camelot
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X