This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-302/a & F-302/B ???

Does anybody know why the FX guys changed the appearance of the F-302 during the 2./3. SGA season and 9./10. SG1 season?

Last edited by Einheitskanzler; 01 November 2007, 01:59 PM.

Originally posted by Einheitskanzler View Post
    Does anybody know why the FX guys changed the appearance of the F-302 during the 2./3. SGA season and 9./10. SG1 season?

The ones used in Atlantis don't have the hyperdrive thinger..

Comment

Possibly they are different production models, from different companies.

The F-302 did evolve over time. It could have been possible that design differences, minor, would be explained by the variances in functions.

However, we see above that the differences concern fighters which should have been the same.

Difference in production models is an issue that afflicts all ships. Prometheus, hiveship, puddle jumper, etc.

It's a pity that the different designs are not the fruit of the will, but just a matter of fluke.

Only the ha'taks, as far as I can tell, were modified around season 4 to introduce a new model on purpose.

We did saw the old model in It's Good to be King, even if the hyperspace shot was made using the new models.

That, and the mirror shot, which show with asymetrical designs (304s and their com towers for example). I hate when they do that, especially since it offers no gain in drama, style or else.

But it surely kills credibility.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

the X-302 had the rectangle in the middle.

the F-302 had the triangle in the middle.

the x-302 had a hyperdrive in it, which was scrapped for the first fleet of f-302 to be made.

The second fleet of f302's were made for the daedalus in the pegasus galaxy.

Maybe made with better power systems and rail guns attached.
        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
          The ones used in Atlantis don't have the hyperdrive thinger..
          Ehm, the 2nd lower pic is from the Odyssey squadron.
          And only the X-302 had a hyperdrive as far as I know.
          Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          the x-302 had a hyperdrive in it, which was scrapped for the first fleet of f-302 to be made.

The one with the rectangle is from SGA season 3. So it can't be the X-302.
          Last edited by Einheitskanzler; 01 November 2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Einheitskanzler View Post
            Ehm, the 2nd lower pic is from the Odyssey squadron.
            And only the X-302 had a hyperdrive as far as I know.

The one with the rectangle is from SGA season 3. So it can't be the X-302.
            I'm pretty sure the triangle thing on the bottom was the hyperdrive thinger.

Comment

All of the 302s we've seen in SG-1 are like the ones in his first two pics as far as I know.

Comment

unitll season 9 or 10, all the 302's in sg1, both the x and f, had the triangle undercairrage. In all of Atlantis and SG-1 season 9 and 10, the 302's had the flattened undercairage. There have also been some revisions since, leaving us with three different models.

As for why the model has changed over time, we don't know. It was never said in the show that they stopped putting hyperdrives in 302's. And at least one production 302 did have a hyperdrive.

Comment

I never noticed this before so thanks for pointing it out. I think it's just another case of the writers/special effects guys changing the model just for fun thinking no one would notice. It's just like when the Prometheus suddenly got hangar bays like the Daedalus in season 9 when before those were the hyperdrive engines.

Vala,

Comment

Thank you so so so much, i thought i was just going mad and hear random letters in weird places.
                    Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by ebethman
                    Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                    Originally posted by Bray
                    *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

I think I got the triangle and the rectangle mixed up. I would have to go back and rewatch the episodes.

But I'm too lazy to do so right now.
                      Visit my Website

Comment

The pictures show that for the same battle, the CGI models used between two different episodes were different.
                        They're not supposed to be different fighters.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I think that each 302 is outfitted for different circumstances. Maybe they just advanced little bits and peices as they go. Personally, I like the atlantis season 3, 302's better.
                          All of My Written Works
                          Books I'm Reading:
                          The Andromeda Strain (Michael Crichton)
                          2001: A Space Odyssey (Arthur C. Clarke)

Comment

Originally posted by cooky View Post
                            unitll season 9 or 10, all the 302's in sg1, both the x and f, had the triangle undercairrage. In all of Atlantis and SG-1 season 9 and 10, the 302's had the flattened undercairage.
                            That's what I said.

Originally posted by cooky View Post
                            As for why the model has changed over time, we don't know.
                            That's what I asked.

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                            Possibly they are different production models, from different companies.

The F-302 did evolve over time. It could have been possible that design differences, minor, would be explained by the variances in functions.

Difference in production models is an issue that afflicts all ships. Prometheus, hiveship, puddle jumper, etc.

But it surely kills credibility.
                            Yeah.

Comment

Working...
                            X