This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Signs Detector in Travelers

Larrin using a life signs detector? how was that possible? she doesn't have the ata gene.
    Patito

Originally posted by JDeus01 View Post
    Larrin using a life signs detector? how was that possible? she doesn't have the ata gene.
    1.) She may have it and not even realize it.

2.) Someone with the gene could have activated it first? I'm not sure if that's one of the activation-for-all-users items though.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      1.) She may have it and not even realize it.

2.) Someone with the gene could have activated it first? I'm not sure if that's one of the activation-for-all-users items though.
      1) None of them have it otherwise they wouldn't have spent around 2 months screwing with the Aurora trying to activate it.

2) The LCS doesn't work like that. In 'The Siege II'. Shep states that you need the gene to use it & Everett says he already had the gene therapy done.

Simple answer: Another plot hole to add to the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        1) None of them have it otherwise they wouldn't have spent around 2 months screwing with the Aurora trying to activate it.

2) The LCS doesn't work like that. In 'The Siege II'. Shep states that you need the gene to use it & Everett says he already had the gene therapy done.

Simple answer: Another plot hole to add to the list!
        lol plot holes....

or
        3) the device somehow is different then the siege II and only requires activation
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I could have sworn that Sheppard had it first, then activated it, and then she took it.

Comment

Plot hole

Comment

Sheppard does tell the Colonel in The Siege that you "need the gene" to make it work, but that was in the context of a power struggle with the new guy.

Sheppard may have meant that you need the gene to initialise the device, that the new guy wasn't going to get the tech working without Sheppard first helping him out (implying that the new guy would have to show just a little bit of respect towards Sheppard first)

Comment

Like the shield worn by Lucius, it's possible that Sheppard using it was all that needed to be done for someone else to use it.

However Mallozi did say Zelenka wasn't using a scanner in "Reunion" despite it being one, so it's possible that they magically used the same looking, yet not an actual scanner device.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                  lol plot holes....

or
                  3) the device somehow is different then the siege II and only requires activation
                  Why would the Lanteans build a device that requires the gene to operate, then magically screw with the concept of which it doesn't need the gene to work any longer!

It's the exact same thing with the personal shield. In cthe 1st instance, we see McKay wearing it. Shep goes over to touch him gently & the shields blocks the contact. We see Grodin try to punch him - blocks it again. In the 2nd instance, we see a Genni soldier reach over & forcefully grab Lucius. The shield being active, doesn't block his touch.

They are all nothing more than plot holes to allow the writers ways around their problems. Rather than the old fashioned way of smarter writing, they throw in the simplest way to get the story to move along, regardless of what has gone on before!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    However Mallozi did say Zelenka wasn't using a scanner in "Reunion" despite it being one, so it's possible that they magically used the same looking, yet not an actual scanner device.
                    How convienent...

Comment

It was a first generation detector. Which didn't need the gene activation. Thats how i would explain it.

Comment

I'm going to stick with how the writters have seen to have bent things, ancient tech needs the ATA gene to be initiated then after anyone can use it. Maybe just not as efficiently, (like in the case of lucius it didnt give him full access to the true power of the shield.) Its just a theory though.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Sheppard activated it then gave it to her and since it was already activated she could use it

Comment

Dont forget she was working on the interface for ancient tech, so she must of got it partially working or something, or sheppard just initialized it.

Comment

I wouldn't put too much towards it, The Siege was years ago, they might have found away around it or the Ancients had different versions of their tech. I mean, if you tell an alien you have an 8800GTS 340MB and a 640MB, he won't see the difference, yet they have different capabilities.

Comment

Working...
                              X