X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo : The Fall of Reach News/Speculation/Discussion

I can't wait for this one!!!!!
    Prep work on the Halo film continues, according to Kamins, mostly thanks to the involvement of executive producers Jackson and Walsh. Most of the pre-production is being done at their visual effects studios in New Zealand, Weta Digital and Weta Workshop, so there will be no stalling.
    Link: http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360...00000000000350
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

has anyone seen landfall its a short live action halo film by Neill Blomkamp- was picked as director for the halo movie its on xbox live or you can download it here http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...news&cid=12901

Comment

if this does happen itll be the first sci-fi film in well over a decade that'll probably actually like..go peter jackson!
      Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
      Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I really hope it is made. it would be awsome if it ends up being like those live action battle scenes that were made for the run up to the third being released.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

You got to hand it to these guys they must really love Halo

Comment

Any word on the plot? Will it be based off of the books or just start where the games started?
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
              Any word on the plot? Will it be based off of the books or just start where the games started?
              From IMDb.com

Plot Outline:
              After they crash-land on an artificial ring-world called "Halo", a navy captain, his surviving marines, and a genetically-and-surgically-enhanced supersoldier called "Master Chief" must find out what the Covenant, the genocidal alien race they are at war with, are looking for on the ring. However, Halo holds more secrets than either side imagined.
              BUT IMDb still has the movie as 'Officially canceled?'. So that info may be bad but it is the only plot news I have heard.
              Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I really don't understand the Halo hype. At all. I've played the second and third games, single- and multiplayer, at a friend's house. They're really nothing to write home about. More of an exercise in stunning mediocrity and unoriginality of ideas that have been done years before both in the sci-fi genre and in the FPS genre....

To condense all of my Halo-related feelings to one entertaining image...

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
                if this does happen itll be the first sci-fi film in well over a decade that'll probably actually like..go peter jackson!
                Methinks you're not looking hard enough If I could impose to make some recommendations...

- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
                - Terminator 2: Judgement Day

1992...skip 1992

- Jurassic Park

- Stargate (...duh )

- Species
                - Twelve Monkeys

- Star Trek: First Contact

- Contact
                - Event Horizon (to this day, one of the best SF/horror films I've seen)
                - The Fifth Element (harmless fun)
                - Gattaca
                - Starship Troopers (lol)

- Deep Impact

- Galaxy Quest (harmless fun)
                - The Matrix

- X-Men

- A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (just..don't watch the last 5-10 mins or so of the movie and it's gold)

- 28 Days Later
                - Minority Report
                - Resident Evil (harmless fun)

- Matrix Reloaded (I don't care what anyone says, as good if not better than the first)

- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

- The Island (harmless fun)
                - Serenity

- Children of Men
                - V for Vendetta

- Transformers (harmless fun)

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                BUT IMDb still has the movie as 'Officially canceled?'. So that info may be bad but it is the only plot news I have heard.
                IMDb is user submitted much like Wikipedia is, that may be why.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I really don't understand the Halo hype. At all. I've played the second and third games, single- and multiplayer, at a friend's house. They're really nothing to write home about. More of an exercise in stunning mediocrity and unoriginality of ideas that have been done years before both in the sci-fi genre and in the FPS genre....

To condense all of my Halo-related feelings to one entertaining image...

Methinks you're not looking hard enough If I could impose to make some recommendations...

- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
                  - Terminator 2: Judgement Day

1992...skip 1992

- Jurassic Park

- Stargate (...duh )

- Species
                  - Twelve Monkeys

- Star Trek: First Contact

- Contact
                  - Event Horizon (to this day, one of the best SF/horror films I've seen)
                  - The Fifth Element (harmless fun)
                  - Gattaca
                  - Starship Troopers (lol)

- Deep Impact

- Galaxy Quest (harmless fun)
                  - The Matrix

- X-Men

- A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (just..don't watch the last 5-10 mins or so of the movie and it's gold)

- 28 Days Later
                  - Minority Report
                  - Resident Evil (harmless fun)

- Matrix Reloaded (I don't care what anyone says, as good if not better than the first)

- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

- The Island (harmless fun)
                  - Serenity

- Children of Men
                  - V for Vendetta

- Transformers (harmless fun)

IMDb is user submitted much like Wikipedia is, that may be why.
                  lol, love the pic, after Unreal/UT, HL is my fave FPS series, halo is way down the bottom somewhere

and the Matrix sequals are only good if you watch them together, and you should have gone back a year to include Total Recall, and i think Independence Day, Alien3 and eXistenZ, or even Men in Black and Alien Resurrection are better than some of the films you have on your list, but oh well, each to theyre own, maybe i just have low standards
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    ... maybe i just have low standards
                    Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. lol
                    Doze Out...

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                      1- and the Matrix sequals are only good if you watch them together,

2- and you should have gone back a year to include Total Recall,

3- and i think Independence Day, Alien3 and eXistenZ, or even Men in Black and Alien Resurrection are better than some of the films you have on your list, but oh well, each to theyre own, maybe i just have low standards
                      1 - I agree, they work better as a pair, mostly because of the end of Reloaded. But there's something that was just missing from Revolutions, that I can't quite put my finger on even four years later. That's why I didn't include it.

2 - Great movie, but I had to draw the line somewhere. I also thought it was out earlier than that...oh well, guess I was wrong.

3 - ID4 and MIB were decent movies, yeah. Certainly flashy and high budget, I probably should've included them too. I seem to be in the minority of people who actually like Alien3, I just think it fell victim to the standards set by the first two films. That popular disdain is really the only reason I didn't include it... Alien Resurrection, IMO, was an absolute abortion of a film and I wouldn't include it in any list resembling 'good'... And eXistenZ, I have heard good things about, but I never got around to seeing it so, I didn't include it since I didn't really have a valid opinion on it
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        1 - I agree, they work better as a pair, mostly because of the end of Reloaded. But there's something that was just missing from Revolutions, that I can't quite put my finger on even four years later. That's why I didn't include it.

2 - Great movie, but I had to draw the line somewhere. I also thought it was out earlier than that...oh well, guess I was wrong.

3 - ID4 and MIB were decent movies, yeah. Certainly flashy and high budget, I probably should've included them too. I seem to be in the minority of people who actually like Alien3, I just think it fell victim to the standards set by the first two films. That popular disdain is really the only reason I didn't include it... Alien Resurrection, IMO, was an absolute abortion of a film and I wouldn't include it in any list resembling 'good'... And eXistenZ, I have heard good things about, but I never got around to seeing it so, I didn't include it since I didn't really have a valid opinion on it

have you watched the directors cut's of either alien 3 or 4? they are 10 times better, like the difference between daredevil and daredevil directors cut, but more
                        eXistenZ is awesome though! totally recommend it
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

I've got the Alien DVD box set so yeah... I still liked 3, I just know that most people don't. And no amount of directorial or acting skill could have saved 4, the script was just an absolute disgrace. I have no doubt they tried to make the best of what they were given, which was unfortunately not much.

I'll definitely have to give eXistenZ a shot though. Jude Law, Willem Dafoe, Ian Holm, Chris Eccleston, and Sarah Polley (drool)? Absolutely.

Comment

and directed by David Cronenburg, it is one of the best, weirdest, non-action (except a little bit) sci-fi's in a long time, difinately up there with GATTACA and Children of Men.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

Excellent, I hope they do go ahead with the Halo film(s)...it's about time we got a decent spce opera at the movies again. Im sure with Peter Jackson behind it, it'll definately get somewhere.

I've said it before, but i ave to agree, Alien 3 was really good!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X