PDA

View Full Version : Ronon's hair

Steve_the_Wraith
October 28th, 2007, 06:57 PM
According to Joe Mallozzi

To those of you asking - yes, Jason did cut his hair. The dreads were becoming a bit of a pain and he asked us if he could go ahead and lose them. Paul and I wanted to accommodate him but were a little concerned given that the first episode of season 5 will pretty much pick up events as we leave them in the final episode of season 4, and we figured the fans might notice the not-so-subtle change in hairstyle....
.....A couple of weeks prior to the start of principal photography for season five, they would be reattached in a procedure that would take approximately four hours, and he would have them back for premiere. Thus, Jason is happy and continuity is maintained. As for the ultimate fate of those dreads - that, among many other things, is up for discussion this week.

So Ronon is probably loosing his dreads, yet more signs that the show is Dooomed!!! :P

dec55
October 28th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Millitary crew cut? That would be cool, and he should probably be influenced by the Marines..;)

Daniel Jackson
October 28th, 2007, 07:09 PM
While the dreadlocks give Ronan the bad boy look, I'm glad he's going with shorter hair. It'll help him transition from the rouge warrior look to fitting in with the expedition. This reminds me of when DJ got his hair cut towards the end of SG-1 Season 2.

ShadowMaat
October 28th, 2007, 07:11 PM
What's the point of keeping him around if he doesn't have his freaky alien warrior dreads? :P

(yes, I'm kidding... mostly ;))

parisindy
October 28th, 2007, 07:20 PM
a moment of silence for the hair

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/candle.gif

Vapor
October 28th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I'll definitely miss the dreads, since they're such a distinctive part of his physical character. However, I'm looking forward to seeing him in a new look. Personally, I'm hoping he just shaves it short and even.

ShadowMaat
October 28th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Does this mean he's going to spend the first few eps careening around Atlantis all off-balance from the sudden weight loss? ;) Will he be experiencing phantom dred syndrome? :eek:

WingedPegasus
October 28th, 2007, 07:34 PM
For all of you wondering what a dread-less Ronon looks like . . . http://www.egs-avatars.com/e_gs_images/series/jasonmomoa/fond.jpg

PG15
October 28th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Oh my God...he looks like such a dork. :D

But dorks (and geeks, and nerds) are cool here, so it's a compliment. :)

ShadowMaat
October 28th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Not looking so geeky here. (http://imalbum.aufeminin.com/album/D20041227/74790_SRVXJOXOTLXQWZBBIKRSNB1MIXU4FF_69529_wtkmjkkzedhrs8uqnjlz3xgiepda1g_109501 012720_h132808_l_H170815_L.jpg)

Wow, I think I like him better with the short hair. Maybe not enough to watch, but it'll be a double dose of thunky goodness when I tune in for a Lorne ep. :D

SaberBlade
October 28th, 2007, 07:49 PM
That should make my girlfriend happy. She see's Ronan and thinks he should be on Lost instead.

I however will think it's going to be really weird. In the photo posted above, he looks like even I could take him instead of being this big badass. But as long as he keeps the goatee, everything should be fine.

Not looking so geeky here. (http://imalbum.aufeminin.com/album/D20041227/74790_SRVXJOXOTLXQWZBBIKRSNB1MIXU4FF_69529_wtkmjkkzedhrs8uqnjlz3xgiepda1g_109501 012720_h132808_l_H170815_L.jpg)

Wow, I think I like him better with the short hair. Maybe not enough to watch, but it'll be a double dose of thunky goodness when I tune in for a Lorne ep. :D

Doesn't work for me (due to firefox). Firefox users, try this instead.
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8872/pic07qm5.th.jpg (http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8872/pic07qm5.jpg)

I still say I could take him

ShadowMaat
October 28th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Well, I think he may have put on more muscle since the pic was taken. I'm assuming it's a pre-dread pic.

SaberBlade
October 28th, 2007, 07:56 PM
It is a pre-dread picture I believe as it's his look from Baywatch. Whoever I bet some of our female fans would be more than happier to compare that image and this one to see if he's added muscle.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9624/pic01gn7.th.jpg (http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9624/pic01gn7.jpg)

Ruined_puzzle
October 28th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Still hot either way.

Vapor
October 28th, 2007, 08:03 PM
The best way for him to get his haircut is for him to get captured and tortured by somebody, and part of the humiliation is to painfully remove his hair and screw him up.

If his new hair is in any way spikey, I could become homicidal. >_>

Vala_M
October 28th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I'm very sad to hear this. I hope he at least continues to wear them on the show though. And in this picture
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9624/pic01gn7.jpg

His dread locks look way thinner there than they do now. Why is that?

Vala,

parisindy
October 28th, 2007, 08:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/jason_momoa_shorthair.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/JasonMomoa-2.jpg

Jason looks lovely and is lovely either way
though i did have a fondness for the dreds

ShadowMaat
October 28th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I assume he's only wearing them through the premiere to keep with continuity and then Ronon's getting a haircut. :)

PG15
October 28th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I'm very sad to hear this. I hope he at least continues to wear them on the show though. And in this picture
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9624/pic01gn7.jpg

His dread locks look way thinner there than they do now. Why is that?

Vala,

I guess his hair grew between that pic and now. ;)

prion
October 29th, 2007, 04:15 AM
I assume he's only wearing them through the premiere to keep with continuity and then Ronon's getting a haircut. :)

Nah, alien boll weevils infest his head and eat 'em off. It's a tragic tale... ;)

talyn2k1
October 29th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Quote from JM's blog

To those of you asking - yes, Jason did cut his hair. The dreads were becoming a bit of a pain and he asked us if he could go ahead and lose them. Paul and I wanted to accommodate him but were a little concerned given that the first episode of season 5 will pretty much pick up events as we leave them in the final episode of season 4, and we figured the fans might notice the not-so-subtle change in hairstyle. Well, after getting on the phone with Jason’s hair expert (no kidding), we arrived at a solution. Jason could lose the dreads provided he held on to them. A couple of weeks prior to the start of principal photography for season five, they would be reattached in a procedure that would take approximately four hours, and he would have them back for premiere. Thus, Jason is happy and continuity is maintained. As for the ultimate fate of those dreads - that, among many other things, is up for discussion this week.

So its not definite that they will be going for good. I`m sure PTB would rather keep them as they are a rather important part of Ronon's appearance, but if Jason really wants to get rid of them I`ll sure they will facilitate him.
I think if he loses them we`ll get used to it. CJ was a slaphead for 8 years and never failed to look particularly dangerous and imposing when he needed to.

ShadowMaat
October 29th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Maybe the team will be infested with parasites and EVERYONE will need to shave their heads. Poor Teyla. :P

maxbo
October 29th, 2007, 05:44 AM

Indeed.

Vala_M
October 29th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I guess his hair grew between that pic and now. ;)

Yeah, I knew that but why would they get thicker? Shouldn't they stay the same thickness?

Vala,

Niteshadow
October 29th, 2007, 08:00 AM
i so hope he finally loses that hair.

tjmitchem
October 29th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I knew that but why would they get thicker? Shouldn't they stay the same thickness?

Vala,

Depends on how they're maintained. They definitely don't have to remain the same thickness.

Also, I'm going to miss the dreads :( I thought they added a lot to Ronon's imposing look.

sweetsamurai
October 29th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Oh my! Best news for today!

I just saw him without his dreads and boy does he look gorgeous.

I am so happy those dreads are going!!!! Oh yes!

It's good to have change in style on the show.

Just like Daniel when he had long hair in Stargate and chopped it off at the start of Season 3 - just looked hot!-

Yeh!! Ronan will be the hunk of Stargate!

October 29th, 2007, 08:38 AM
would be cool if he looses all his hair in an explosion, all facial hair burned away :P

Ruffles
October 29th, 2007, 08:41 AM

Someone needs his eyesight checked.

Still hot either way.

Oh, my yes.

Depends on how they're maintained. They definitely don't have to remain the same thickness.

Also, I'm going to miss the dreads :( I thought they added a lot to Ronon's imposing look.

Agreed. They were distinctly Ronon.

Maybe the team will be infested with parasites and EVERYONE will need to shave their heads. Poor Teyla. :P

Don't even THINK such things.

prion
October 29th, 2007, 08:43 AM

Yeah, that's why so many women have lusted after him when he did Baywatch Hawaii ;) ;)

prion
October 29th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Oh my! Best news for today!

I just saw him without his dreads and boy does he look gorgeous.

I am so happy those dreads are going!!!! Oh yes!

It's good to have change in style on the show.

Just like Daniel when he had long hair in Stargate and chopped it off at the start of Season 3 - just looked hot!-

Yeh!! Ronan will be the hunk of Stargate!

What length is his hair now?

prion
October 29th, 2007, 08:57 AM
taken from the JM blog thread as it'll eventually get lost when the next post gets discussed.

:lol: 100 ways for Ronon to lose his hair! ;)

100. The team gets stranded on a cold planet, run out of firewood and need something to burn.
99. Alien boll weevils ravage his scalp. (my favorite)
98. Ronon decides to change his hair color, but instead, his dreads fall out.
97. The team gets drunk on a planet. When Ronon wakes up, his dreads are gone - and glued to McKay's head (and the scientist promptly gets hysterical, until the alien women hit on him).
96. During an escape, his dreads get caught in a door. He must hack 'em off to survive.
95. One word: LICE!
94. Alas, angry aliens shooting burning arrows at team. One grazes Ronon's head and well, poof!
93. Ronon loses them in a poker game with Carter.

Next! ;)

stclare
October 29th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Where's Ronan gonna keep his spare knives???? ((shudders))

Shipperahoy
October 29th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I don't mind the loss of the dreds but what I'm wondering is if he's keeping his facial hair? Perhaps he'll just stun his enemies into immoblity with the sheer force of his dimples.;)

Ripple in Space
October 29th, 2007, 10:07 AM

I think the dreads are the only imposing part of his look. Momoa's not an imposing looking guy, he's just tall...

I always thought it was a little silly that everyone was intimidated by him, and that he could take out a full team of the best US Marines. He doesn't look especially tough to me.

Ruined_puzzle
October 29th, 2007, 10:09 AM

One less plot device for tptb to use.;)

MIZA
October 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM
i would love to see him a new shorter hair, just don't shave the beard 'k

Actionhank
October 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM
taken from the JM blog thread as it'll eventually get lost when the next post gets discussed.

100. The team gets stranded on a cold planet, run out of firewood and need something to burn.
99. Alien boll weevils ravage his scalp. (my favorite)
98. Ronon decides to change his hair color, but instead, his dreads fall out.
97. The team gets drunk on a planet. When Ronon wakes up, his dreads are gone - and glued to McKay's head (and the scientist promptly gets hysterical, until the alien women hit on him).
96. During an escape, his dreads get caught in a door. He must hack 'em off to survive.
95. One word: LICE!
94. Alas, angry aliens shooting burning arrows at team. One grazes Ronon's head and well, poof!
93. Ronon loses them in a poker game with Carter.

Next! ;)
92. He falls down the stair and gone they are. :)
91. It's a cold day on Atlantis - he looks out the window as he gets caught by sharp breeze and "swoosh" they are goners.
90. Angry space squirrels need material for their nest...
89. On a mission his hair gets populated with crazy little intelligent whatevers and to not harm them his hair is donated.
88. Ronan goes to those paint kids with Zelenka again - he falls asleep and history they are.
87. McKay takes revenge on Ronon for sth. by modifying the gate for Ronan to lose his clothes (Rikers academy transporter trick) but accidently he loses all dead tissue - hohoho, what a fun.
86. His hair is used by Colonel O'Neil in a very MacGuyverish way to make some explosives on an important mission.
85. They come close by a black hole so everybody has to lose some weight in order to escape.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 29th, 2007, 12:41 PM
But he'll lose the Chewie look. Well, if he is losing the dreads he has to lose the beard as well. Well, he will look more military.

SaberBlade
October 29th, 2007, 01:06 PM
92. He falls down the stair and gone they are. :)
91. It's a cold day on Atlantis - he looks out the window as he gets caught by sharp breeze and "swoosh" they are goners.
89. On a mission his hair gets populated with crazy little intelligent whatevers and to not harm them his hair is donated.
88. Ronan goes to those paint kids with Zelenka again - he falls asleep and history they are.
87. McKay takes revenge on Ronon for sth. by modifying the gate for Ronan to lose his clothes (Rikers academy transporter trick) but accidently he loses all dead tissue - hohoho, what a fun.
86. His hair is used by Colonel O'Neil in a very MacGuyverish way to make some explosives on an important mission.
85. They come close by a black hole so everybody has to lose some weight in order to escape.

84. He gets it stuck in an Atlantis transporter door and it gets beamed to a different part of the city.
83. He gets infect with a medusa virus and they turn to snakes so need to be cut off
82. He turned around so fast, it hit 3 SF's and sent them flying.
81. While still spinning, he takes flight.
80. Caldwell got jealus and cut them off during the night.
79. They need to use his dreads to create a protective shield over the city
78. His hair is made up of the same material as Linnea's power source so they decide to use his hair to power Atlantis.

---

Post 3000.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 29th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Congrats!

WingedPegasus
October 29th, 2007, 01:22 PM
84. He gets it stuck in an Atlantis transporter door and it gets beamed to a different part of the city.
83. He gets infect with a medusa virus and they turn to snakes so need to be cut off
82. He turned around so fast, it hit 3 SF's and sent them flying.
81. While still spinning, he takes flight.
80. Caldwell got jealus and cut them off during the night.
79. They need to use his dreads to create a protective shield over the city
78. His hair is made up of the same material as Linnea's power source so they decide to use his hair to power Atlantis.

---

Post 3000.

:lol:

ShadowMaat
October 29th, 2007, 01:44 PM
But he'll lose the Chewie look.
AHA! Concrete proof that Chewie is an insult to Hawaiians! Lose the dreads, lose the insult! :P

*runs away*

Missster.Freeman
October 29th, 2007, 02:04 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/candle.gif77. Hold a candle too close to his hair. *WOOOOF!* :D

Seriously though, it's going to take me some time to get used to seeing Ronon without the dreads. Hope it doesn't nerf him, Samson style. ;)

OobeDoobBenubi
October 29th, 2007, 02:52 PM
They need to have Teal'C come back because he would have a field day with Ronons new hair cut ;)

ShadowMaat
October 29th, 2007, 04:19 PM
76. Ronon was on Planet Kid after someone (probably Zelenka) fed them a bunch of bubblegum and... the inevitable happened.

Ruffles
October 29th, 2007, 05:41 PM

*love*

76. Ronon was on Planet Kid after someone (probably Zelenka) fed them a bunch of bubblegum and... the inevitable happened.

75. Has to cut them in honor of a Satedan tradition (30th birthday, marriage ceremony, take your pic)
74. Loses a really bad poker hand to Richard Woolsey
73. Forgets where he put that knife before falling asleep

garhkal
October 30th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I'll definitely miss the dreads, since they're such a distinctive part of his physical character. However, I'm looking forward to seeing him in a new look. Personally, I'm hoping he just shaves it short and even.

Same here. BUT i do feel we need to be more supportive of the actors decision to remove them..

Gate gal
October 30th, 2007, 08:36 PM
*love*

75. Has to cut them in honor of a Satedan tradition (30th birthday, marriage ceremony, take your pic)
74. Loses a really bad poker hand to Richard Woolsey
73. Forgets where he put that knife before falling asleep

72. During a team game night, he chooses Dare when he really should have chosen Truth.
71. Becomes a father and decides to go for a little less aggressive look (sorry, I know I shouldn't have gone there).
70. Requires brain surgery and has to have his head shaved.

Honestly, I'm glad we've got a thread discussing Ronan's dreads, since it kindof implies he'll still be alive and on the show next season.

AutumnDream
October 31st, 2007, 03:02 AM
Ugh. He looks so plain and dull without his rad hair. =_=

(And insanely cool with it.)

prion
November 2nd, 2007, 04:33 PM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

72. During a team game night, he chooses Dare when he really should have chosen Truth.

My favs from the latest bunch! Ooh, the squirrel one is sooooo funy.

Yay4CarsonBeckett
November 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Cracking up laughing here.

101 - He sees something that scares the crap out of him (Rodney naked or something) and his hair turns white overnight, giving him a Doc Emmet Brown on steroids look.

McKayManiacs92
November 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM
:ronan:I'm kind of going to miss the hair....he's just not going to be the same without them...

Ltcolshepjumper
November 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
well, he could become SGA's Wolverine.

SaberBlade
November 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
But you never know, you could end up linking haircut Ronan more http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/484/ronan27bup7.png / :ronan:

Ltcolshepjumper
November 2nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
lol. I guess his name won't be Chewie anymore. It'll be Wolvy, hopefully.

Mitchell82
November 2nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Not a big deal I'm sure he'll look fine though since I don't look for that. Still I'm sure they are getting frustrated with him making decisions without talking to them first.

the fifth man
November 2nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
:ronan:I'm kind of going to miss the hair....he's just not going to be the same without them...

It'll be an adjustment, sure. But I'll get used to it, just like I did when Teal'c got hair in Season 8. It's different at first, but after a while, you barely notice.

Mitchell82
November 2nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
It'll be an adjustment, sure. But I'll get used to it, just like I did when Teal'c got hair in Season 8. It's different at first, but after a while, you barely notice.

Good comparison there. Now when I watch the old seasons I keep thinking something is missing. They are still great seasons but it's hard to see him without hair.

McKayManiacs92
November 2nd, 2007, 08:47 PM

That is true....I never really thought about it that way. Hopefully it will just take time to get use to!

Not a big deal I'm sure he'll look fine though since I don't look for that. Still I'm sure they are getting frustrated with him making decisions without talking to them first.
Didn't I read that Jason did ask before he completely did it? To me and this decision, it kind of made sense for him to be want/do it (if he really was uncomfortable it wouldn't be fair for the production to force a actor to keep a hair style because after all it was his life he had to live in that hair!)

hisg1fans
November 3rd, 2007, 03:42 AM
Didn't I read that Jason did ask before he completely did it? To me and this decision, it kind of made sense for him to be want/do it (if he really was uncomfortable it wouldn't be fair for the production to force a actor to keep a hair style because after all it was his life he had to live in that hair!)

Didn't Chris Judge have to write his own episode explaning the circumstances why Teal'c grew his hair out? (Trutonin, from Changeling I think)

That says a lot about he power of 'the production' staff I think.

SaberBlade
November 3rd, 2007, 05:02 AM
I don't think Teal'c ever explained why he grew hair, or the golden worm on his chin. I just remember O'Neill asking with a puzzled look on his face "Teal'c, what's with the hair?" and his chin worm, I am not sure if that Judge's bad idea or not.

CalmStorm
November 3rd, 2007, 12:50 PM
So its not definite that they will be going for good.

It would seem odd to cut them off and then spend 4 hours having them re-attached, then taking them off, then having them re-attached. Nothing is impossible though. You would think that if the look were that important and they planned on keeping it for the entire season, that they could accommodate him with a wig and not a 4 hour proceedure.

I don't mind the loss of the dreds but what I'm wondering is if he's keeping his facial hair? Perhaps he'll just stun his enemies into immoblity with the sheer force of his dimples.;)

I'd love so see him clean shaven and with short hair. :)

Mitchell82
November 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
That is true....I never really thought about it that way. Hopefully it will just take time to get use to!

He may have I may have read it wrong. THough I know he didn't ask in regards to the tattoo.

arjumand
November 5th, 2007, 07:46 AM
He may have I may have read it wrong. THough I know he didn't ask in regards to the tattoo.

AFAIK at the top if this thread it says (from Mallozzi's blog) that he did ask, and after consideration, was told that he could cut them, as long as he kept the dreads, at which point they would decide what to do in the season opener, which would be the conclusion to the usual cliff-hanger.

I myself would like to see Ronon without them - apart from the long list of jokey ways he could lose the hair, I think it could make an interesting plot-point: kept prisoner: has hair cut by captors to prevent hidden knives/ the dreads were a Satedan thing, but Sateda's gone, etc etc.

I laughed really loud when I read the mention of Teal'c's 'golden chin-worm' - I too hated that thing and found it difficult to take Season 2 (?) eps seriously because of it.

No, Ronon, don't get the chin-worm! It solves nothing!

wraith form Replicator
November 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
who cares about the cool hair (and i know it is) as long as he still has that bad ass way of doing thing it all good.:ronananime16:

Mitchell82
November 6th, 2007, 12:29 PM
AFAIK at the top if this thread it says (from Mallozzi's blog) that he did ask, and after consideration, was told that he could cut them, as long as he kept the dreads, at which point they would decide what to do in the season opener, which would be the conclusion to the usual cliff-hanger.
I knew about the season opener thing and having to figure out a way to get it in the story just missed the first part.:o

I myself would like to see Ronon without them - apart from the long list of jokey ways he could lose the hair, I think it could make an interesting plot-point: kept prisoner: has hair cut by captors to prevent hidden knives/ the dreads were a Satedan thing, but Sateda's gone, etc etc.
Well as much as I liked the way they did Teal'c in season 8 (Jack: T? What's with the hair?) They need do do a bit more since it's quite different.

I laughed really loud when I read the mention of Teal'c's 'golden chin-worm' - I too hated that thing and found it difficult to take Season 2 (?) eps seriously because of it.

No, Ronon, don't get the chin-worm! It solves nothing!
Ha! I missed that! The chin worm was in season 4 and while I too hated it and while it was only for 9 eps (he shaved it for the 10th which is "Beneath the Surface") the first 9 were some great eps so I just overlook it.

Gaeth
November 12th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I think he should put his hair in corn rows, then he can have it short and still look exotic.

Mitchell82
November 13th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I think he should put his hair in corn rows, then he can have it short and still look exotic.

Except corn rows arent exotic alot of people have them.

ShadowMaat
November 13th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Except corn rows arent exotic alot of people have them.
Ah, but they'd be alien corn rows! That'd make them exotic! ;)

marty2006
November 13th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Alot of people coming out of the closet in this thread. It will be strange at first but he will still be as badass as ever.

the fifth man
November 13th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Alot of people coming out of the closet in this thread. It will be strange at first but he will still be as badass as ever.

He'll be lighter on his feet.;)

marty2006
November 13th, 2007, 06:35 PM
He'll be lighter on his feet.;)

LOL.

SG13-NightOps
November 14th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Gonna have to see it to comment on how it will suit the Ronon character.

Thankfully, my 'bestie' is going to Collectormania (http://www.collectormaniagmex.co.uk/), she can send me photos! So Jealous :(

I am not going to tell her now! :D

Mister Oragahn
November 14th, 2007, 05:15 AM
A Major Change for Ronon in Season 5!!! ;)

At least some characted devlopment.

Wombatbaby
November 14th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I don't think Teal'c ever explained why he grew hair, or the golden worm on his chin. I just remember O'Neill asking with a puzzled look on his face "Teal'c, what's with the hair?" and his chin worm, I am not sure if that Judge's bad idea or not.

Actually, CJ had the small beard in season 4 after saving Thor. Daniel gave a curious look, but Jack stopped him from commenting. In season 8, after Jack was revived, he asked 'What's with the hair?' and never received an answer.

*Wakes in a daze* What the...? Oh no! My Inner Geek is getting lose! Must Stop Geekyness!!

:jonas16::teyla25:

McKaysLady
November 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I'm surprised that your little face wasn't crying too. ;0D

McKaysLady
November 14th, 2007, 01:48 PM
How can Rodney call him "the Caveman" now? ;0D

lirenel
November 14th, 2007, 02:06 PM
How can Rodney call him "the Caveman" now? ;0D

Actually, that could be an interesting way of introducing the new hair!

McKay: *notices lack o'dreds and sputters* Wha...? Oh my gosh, what...
Ronon: What?
McKay: Your hair! Where did it go? It's all...not there!
Ronon: *rolls his eyes and walks away*
Sheppard: Maybe he got tired of you referring to him as "The Caveman"
McKay: Oh, and 'Chewie' was so much better?
*banterbanterbanter*
Sheppard: What do you think happened to the hair, Teyla?
Teyla: I believe Dr. Zelenka mentioned chewing gum and the children on M7G-677...

Freekzilla
November 14th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I say, to account for the new do, that he should somehow be close to an explosion and it burns off a large part of his dreads. With no way of fixing it, he decides to cut them off. Then, have it part of a bonding moment where someone, say Rodney, gets to cut them off. It could also be used as a moment where Ronon sheds his "Hunted Rebellious Warrior" past and finally fully embraces his new home and family. If done right, it could be a really good bonding moment for the team and cast. They could even make the dreads to have some sort of meaning to Ronon, like a "badge of honor" for Satedans, like, perhaps, only the top warrior could have them, or something like that. This way, in cutting them off, he would be symbolically cutting away his past and his horrors. And in having one of the team members doing the cutting, would be really fitting.

ShadowMaat
November 14th, 2007, 03:58 PM
He cuts of his dreads for charity- the Satedan Orphans Organization or something. ;)

Freekzilla
November 14th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Ah, but they'd be alien corn rows! That'd make them exotic! ;)

Then why have corn rows? Instead, why not have potato rows, or perhaps pumpkin rows, or even wheat rows? lol. *tongue in cheek*

CalmStorm
November 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Then why have corn rows? Instead, why not have potato rows, or perhaps pumpkin rows, or even wheat rows? lol. *tongue in cheek*

Why must there be rows at all? :P

prion
November 14th, 2007, 05:37 PM
If you haven't seen already, pictures of Jason with short hair here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7328381&postcount=39189

wheresmyfroggy
November 14th, 2007, 08:22 PM

Is that a pink razor he's holding? Maybe that should be part of the character transformation. Although it could overshadow the lost dreads.

Mckay: "Ronon! What happened to your- wait a second. Is that a *pink* razor? What the heck is up with you? Stealing Teyla's phone, shame on you!"
Teyla: "I believe he stole it from Dr. Zelenka."
*everyone turns to Dr. Z*
Zelenka: "What? I've been told it brings out my eyes!"

Yay4CarsonBeckett
November 15th, 2007, 02:43 AM
I get the distinct feeling that tptb are reading this thread with great interest LOL.

SaberBlade
November 15th, 2007, 03:16 AM
I can't i'm liking his new style.

That said, it's not a great angle because you can't really see it proper, it just looks to be a big ball of hair on his head so i'm hoping that when it's combed or styled differently i'll be able to make a more observed decision.

Alipeeps
November 15th, 2007, 04:06 AM

Oh noes! Good point! :S

As said above, he did ask first. According to JM's blog he asked if he could lose the dreads and, after a conference with Jason and his hair consultant (or some such!) they agreed he could cut them off as long as he kept them and that they could be sewn back on prior to filming on Season 5. From what JM said, Ronon has to have dreads in the first ep of Season 5 because the story will be picking up from right after the events of the Season 4 finale (like with First Strike and Adrift).

It would seem odd to cut them off and then spend 4 hours having them re-attached, then taking them off, then having them re-attached. Nothing is impossible though. You would think that if the look were that important and they planned on keeping it for the entire season, that they could accommodate him with a wig and not a 4 hour proceedure.

JM corrected himself and said it wasn't a 4 hour procedure to sew the dreads back on - it would actuall take a few days! From my understanding, it wouldn't be a case of attaching the dreads each day.. they would be sewn on and stay on for as long as needed. If you've ever watched Red Dwarf.. Craig Charles had the dreads (which he hated!) sewn on at the beginning of filming and kept them until filming finished. It would effectively be.. well, not so much a wig.. more like a weave I guess...

Thankfully, my 'bestie' is going to Collectormania (http://www.collectormaniagmex.co.uk/), she can send me photos! So Jealous :(

Me too! :D I'll be able to share photos on Saturday evening! :D *bounces*

Is that a pink razor he's holding? Maybe that should be part of the character transformation. Although it could overshadow the lost dreads.

Mckay: "Ronon! What happened to your- wait a second. Is that a *pink* razor? What the heck is up with you? Stealing Teyla's phone, shame on you!"

Hey. If the photos on JM's blog are anything to go by, Jason probably bought the Razr to match his pink cadillac! :D

Ranlier
November 15th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Had anyone considered that Sheppard might get him into the US Air Force? He is an experienced soldier with refugee status (homeland obliterated). I think he'd make a fine officer.

It would explain the lack of facial hair/dreadlocks (military regulations) as well as just being bad ass.

CalmStorm
November 15th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Had anyone considered that Sheppard might get him into the US Air Force? He is an experienced soldier with refugee status (homeland obliterated). I think he'd make a fine officer.

It would explain the lack of facial hair/dreadlocks (military regulations) as well as just being bad ass.

That seems highly unlikely.

WingedPegasus
November 15th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Thanks! He still doesn't look quite civilized. I view this as a good thing. :D

LOL! That's just wrong. :D

Hey. If the photos on JM's blog are anything to go by, Jason probably bought the Razr to match his pink cadillac! :D

His . . . what? :S

Ruffles
November 15th, 2007, 01:50 PM

A Razr is a cell phone.

SG13-NightOps
November 15th, 2007, 02:39 PM

That's actually, not horrible. The angle is not good though so here is waiting for the weekend!

Me too! :D I'll be able to share photos on Saturday evening! :D *bounces*

Yes, I saw you at the forum! I am not a member but its fun to Stalk her :D LOL! Still jealous :( Being an Aussie can suck sometimes. Our con's are crap in comparison.

BoyNamedSue
November 15th, 2007, 03:00 PM
i was expecting a much bigger change :( oh well

Dreadless or not, he's still hot! ;) But seriously, Ronon is such a well established character by now, and Jason is doing such a fantastic job portraying him, that the fact the dreads are gone will not make a difference in how I view Ronon. Apparently, the dreads will be reattached for the beginning of season 5 (that's why he's keeping his hair semi-long), and then the hair will be cut shorter. But that's all musings for now.

If you want to see more and better pictures of Jason post-dreads, look here (his official website forum): http://jasonmomoa.com/phpBB2old2/viewtopic.php?t=317

Alipeeps
November 15th, 2007, 03:55 PM

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/DSC04458.jpg

I'd post you the full size pic but it won't seem to open properly. You can see the post about it here (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/05/may-1-2007.html).

Mitchell82
November 15th, 2007, 05:38 PM

That is extremely unlikely. The military would never accept an Alien in the military. He is more than welcome in the program but they would never allow it.

Mitchell82
November 15th, 2007, 05:40 PM
That's actually, not horrible. The angle is not good though so here is waiting for the weekend!

It's not bad at all I'm sure it will fit in fine.

SG13-NightOps
November 16th, 2007, 02:01 AM
It's not bad at all I'm sure it will fit in fine.

I think so long as its not the case of the vanishing hair, it will work great. Like for example, Ronon gets caught by the hair in something and has to cut it off to get free at the last possible moment.

eri-chan
November 16th, 2007, 06:29 AM
i was wonder what he was going to look like dreadless and the baywatch pics makes him look like a pansy. but judging from the latest pics of him, ahhh it's all good. :ronan::ronan:

i can totally see ronon working that hair now. and hopefully more character development for ronon from the caveman image.

Mitchell82
November 16th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I think so long as its not the case of the vanishing hair, it will work great. Like for example, Ronon gets caught by the hair in something and has to cut it off to get free at the last possible moment.

What would be hilarious is if Rodney does it while Ronon is asleep to get back at him for something. I can just imagine Ronon's reaction.

SG13-NightOps
November 16th, 2007, 04:39 PM
What would be hilarious is if Rodney does it while Ronon is asleep to get back at him for something. I can just imagine Ronon's reaction.

LOL! Rodney accidentally causing its demise is totally believable too!

athough Spoiler for some future episode, I am not sure which
I was watching the Jewel Staite Q&A on Scifi and
Right at the beginning he and Keller seem to be getting cosy. If he cuts it off for a chick, I am going to scream!

Mitchell82
November 16th, 2007, 05:51 PM
LOL! Rodney accidentally causing its demise is totally believable too!

athough Spoiler for some future episode, I am not sure which
I was watching the Jewel Staite Q&A on Scifi and
Right at the beginning he and Keller seem to be getting cosy. If he cuts it off for a chick, I am going to scream!

I don't know that might be interesting.I know I did a few things to make a woman notice me.;)

Ranlier
November 28th, 2007, 07:12 AM
That is extremely unlikely. The military would never accept an Alien in the military. He is more than welcome in the program but they would never allow it.

You have to consider this is essentially an alternate universe where alien life has been included and invaluable in the past (Teal'c, Vala)

Jumper_One
November 28th, 2007, 07:39 AM
You have to consider this is essentially an alternate universe where alien life has been included and invaluable in the past (Teal'c, Vala)

true. however I think Mitchell82 was talking about aliens being in the AF which is very unlikely. Teal'c and Vala are on SG-1 yes, but they're not part of the military

Dalario
November 28th, 2007, 08:06 PM
true. however I think Mitchell82 was talking about aliens being in the AF which is very unlikely. Teal'c and Vala are on SG-1 yes, but they're not part of the military

Well, with carter in charge of the base, things will probably get more "millitary" so he will have to fit with the uniform and cut his hairs/beard... *shudder*

sg8man
November 28th, 2007, 08:57 PM
For all of you wondering what a dread-less Ronon looks like . . . http://www.egs-avatars.com/e_gs_images/series/jasonmomoa/fond.jpg

Sweet Merciful God!

PG15
January 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
What to do, what to do...

Spoke to Jason last night about the hair situation. He’s feeling a lot better without the dreads and I’m sure is not looking forward to the two full days he’ll have to spend getting them re-attached for the start of the new season (continuity’s sake and all). Jason is of two minds. On the one hand, he is happy to be free of the heavy dreads that were causing him great discomfort. On the other hand, he is aware that the character of Ronon is distinguished by his unique do. I suggested he consider compromising and trim them, but he didn’t seem too thrilled with the idea. To be honest, I’m not sure if that’s even possible (It’s been years since I’ve had dreads so I can‘t remember. I cut them off shortly after my reggae career came to an ugly end. But that’s a story for another time).

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/january-17-2008-bam-bam-vs-brunhilda-jason-vs-his-dreads-john-n-smith-vs-lemon-meringue-pie/

Mitchell82
January 17th, 2008, 10:22 PM

Yes that's what I meant.

Mitchell82
January 17th, 2008, 10:23 PM
What to do, what to do...

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/january-17-2008-bam-bam-vs-brunhilda-jason-vs-his-dreads-john-n-smith-vs-lemon-meringue-pie/

It's going to be interesting how they work it into the show.

PG15
January 18th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Ok, I'm just gonna use this thread for anything pertaining to Jason's hair:

Lisa S. writes: “Couldn’t some kind of wig or something be fashioned for Jason if he feels the dreads are really part of Ronon’s character?”

Answer: I don’t think a wig would look anywhere near as good as the real thing. If it came down to a choice between wigging Jason and losing the dreads, I’d rather lose the dreads.

Sue writes: “Do you plan to write that into the script; since we never got Daniels reason for cutting hair hopefully there is reason why dreads are gone from Ronan?”

Answer: I’ve left the ultimate fate of those dreads in Jason’s hand. I have already scripted an appropriate scene should he choose to do away with them.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/18/january-18-2008-almostthereand-paul-gets-carled/

Fenrir Foxz
January 18th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Ok, I'm just gonna use this thread for anything pertaining to Jason's hair:

Lisa S. writes: “Couldn’t some kind of wig or something be fashioned for Jason if he feels the dreads are really part of Ronon’s character?”

Answer: I don’t think a wig would look anywhere near as good as the real thing. If it came down to a choice between wigging Jason and losing the dreads, I’d rather lose the dreads.

Sue writes: “Do you plan to write that into the script; since we never got Daniels reason for cutting hair hopefully there is reason why dreads are gone from Ronan?”

Answer: I’ve left the ultimate fate of those dreads in Jason’s hand. I have already scripted an appropriate scene should he choose to do away with them.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/18/january-18-2008-almostthereand-paul-gets-carled/

I hope they do give us a reason, for Ronon loosing his dreads, it would be awful if he just appears in S5 with them gone :S

Mitchell82
January 18th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I hope they do give us a reason, for Ronon loosing his dreads, it would be awful if he just appears in S5 with them gone :S

They won't. JM is trying to make it logical. Jason has to wear a wig in the first two eps for continuities sake.

PG15
January 18th, 2008, 09:38 PM
No, he's having his dreads re-attached for the first few episodes.

Platschu
January 19th, 2008, 01:20 AM
A Major Change for Ronon in Season 5?

(S)He will be called as Ronina after an accident at the barber. :lol:

Fenrir Foxz
January 19th, 2008, 01:51 AM
They won't. JM is trying to make it logical. Jason has to wear a wig in the first two eps for continuities sake.

Yeah, what I ment is to save Ronon suddenly appearing without his dreads in S5, they put something in one of the stories to allow the loss of the dreads to have an SGA reason behind it...

...For example Ronon gets his dreads stuck in some machine that unless the team cut them off it is going to make mincemeat of him...
It doesn't have to be dramatic, just some reason for the character to lose/decide to get rid of his dreads...

That what I thought they would do, at least until they decide to deal with wether to get rid of the dreads all together or not...

(S)He will be called as Ronina after an accident at the barber. :lol:

*And a trip to the Gender reassignment clinic aswell by the sound of it :P*

Mitchell82
January 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM

Ah I thought it was just a wig.

Fenrir Foxz
January 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Ah I thought it was just a wig.

:lol: That would be funny, I can just imagine the blooper reels...

When I first saw something about Jason M getting rid of his dreads it also mentioned about the possibility that he would have them reattached for S5...

Raven56
January 19th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I hope he'll at least keep it shoulder length - doesn't need to be dreads, but with the short hair he's just another good looking guy - and we have plenty of those already.

KikeGate
January 19th, 2008, 06:38 PM
That means he won't be the brutal force for Atlantis anymore. By switching sides He'll problably have something more sustancial to do ,besides the tough guy in Shepp's team, as a great antagonist to Atlantis. He is so lost in The heavy oriented science and tech episodes that he considers to learn some science. ( As he mentioned in SGA S3: Submersion ).
I think the actor sees his character seating idle in many Episodes risking to go in Weir's direction and changes are needed to give him a new dimension. My bet is:
his Satedan past will hunt him down again and a decision to make about his loyalty to Atlantis or his people.It's done before but next time there won't be a turning back. He problably finds a remanant of his people roaming around from planet to planet trying to find a place to settle down and Atlantis would be just what they need,so Ronon will join to the Siege. (It's also been done so in SGA S1: The storm and the eye, but then we'll have Ronons people instead of the Genii).

atfan
February 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM
heh here's an idea while Sheppard and him are sparring he loses concentration because Keller has just walked in and Sheppard cuts some of the braids with his knife. Ronan gets mad and hacks the rest off. Hey it could happen lol.:o

Pharaoh Atem
February 13th, 2008, 07:11 PM
pic of jason with new hair http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/dsc04434.jpg

wheresmyfroggy
February 13th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I so hope he loses the dreds. Actually, I'd love it if he took it all the way and shaved the beard, too. I think Ronon's character is strong enough to stand on it's own, without using the 'trademark' dreds and beard.

I don't think he'll lose the beard though. :(

MattSilver 3k
February 13th, 2008, 08:41 PM
The new hair looks good. I was expecting something like really short, but it's still got a certain amount of Ronon-tude in it, even if it isn't the dreads.

Lt Sara
February 14th, 2008, 07:26 AM
wow he cut his hair ......major change

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 09:33 AM
The new hair looks good. I was expecting something like really short, but it's still got a certain amount of Ronon-tude in it, even if it isn't the dreads.

yeah I thought it'd be way shorter but this looks fine imo

Lahela
March 3rd, 2008, 05:32 AM
He's had them taken off again - too heavy! But they have been dispatched to a wig maker so he can either keep continuity for the first few eps until Ronon loses them, or keep them and just wear the wig all season... I don't think that has been finally decided yet... the info comes from his mum on his official fan site :)

crowmagnumman
March 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Well, the new pics of Ronon look fine to me. I think it's good that he's losing the dreads, but keeping the overall look. He definitely needs to keep the facial hair. I've seen those pics of him without it and they creeped me out. That beard is part of his identity now. He needs to keep it at least.

aquagirl
March 14th, 2008, 04:33 AM
I think it's going to be a mayor change in Ronon. I'm skeptical. Ronon was defined by the dreadlocks and now everything is going to change. I don't think I'm ready for that just yet.
But maybe the change is going to be the fresh air the show needs about now. Because it's becoming a little boring. Everybody is so good and they are doing good for the galaxy. We need some bad guys like Michael is. Things are going to be a little more interesting with more bad guys or good guys gone bad.;)

Bray
March 14th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Wah? Who stole his hair! I'll kill them! :mad:

Bagpuss
March 14th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Ronon's appearance was defined to a certain extent by the Dredlocks ,but during the off-season ,Jason Momoa had them cut off due to getting beaten around by his own hair in fight sequences and suffering neck pain .

Jason kept the locks and had them reattached to begin filming Season 5.
Whether he'll keep the "look" is apparently up to him ,from what I've read of con reports ,and from Joe M's blog recently.

So steady on ,Bray ! Don't kill the stylist ! :D

rarocks24
March 14th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Ronon's appearance was defined to a certain extent by the Dredlocks ,but during the off-season ,Jason Momoa had them cut off due to getting beaten around by his own hair in fight sequences and suffering neck pain .

Jason kept the locks and had them reattached to begin filming Season 5.
Whether he'll keep the "look" is apparently up to him ,from what I've read of con reports ,and from Joe M's blog recently.

They depart from Ronon's head in Broken Ties. He cuts them off during the torture by the Wraith.

Bagpuss
March 14th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Spoiler (And spec) for S5 :
From what I've seen of the shorter hair during the winter ,he'll still look mean,lean and the SGA's Fighting machine .Also he'll be pain-free and that's always good,imo ! :D

Bray
March 14th, 2008, 08:01 AM

If they manage to make a good storey out of them rather than, "Ronon went to the barbers while you weren't watching" then I may spare their lives....maybe....if i'm in a good mood on that particular day :D

Bagpuss
March 14th, 2008, 08:48 AM
That seems like a plan ...:D

Pharaoh Atem
March 14th, 2008, 09:10 AM
pic ofnew hair cut http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/dsc04434.jpg

aquagirl
March 14th, 2008, 09:16 AM
thanks for the picture

Bagpuss
March 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM
pic ofnew hair cut http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/dsc04434.jpg
Looks great imo ! :cool:

aquagirl
March 14th, 2008, 09:46 AM
jes it does look great:)

LoneStar1836
March 14th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Where is he going to hide all those knives! :D

It will be kind of strange to see him without them.

marty2006
March 14th, 2008, 09:49 AM
He still looks badass

Bagpuss
March 14th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Where is he going to hide all those knives! :D

It will be kind of strange to see him without them.

Hmm.Good point about the knives.Maybe he'll go back to wearing the big coat ? That almost has to have extra pockets inside . :D

gpaste
March 14th, 2008, 10:02 AM
If they manage to make a good storey out of them rather than, "Ronon went to the barbers while you weren't watching" then I may spare their lives....maybe....if i'm in a good mood on that particular day :D

actually the 3rd or 4th episode of season 5 will show ronon cut his hair of in the episode after he is caught by the wraith and they torture him until he is on the brink of death and he ends up having a darker side about him for a few eps after read the season 5 episode guide to find out

jenks
March 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Jason cut them of after season 4, it wasn't the producers decision.

Sailornova
March 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I think he looks good! I guess no more calling him Chewie, huh?;)

Detox
March 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM

Is it just me, or does he look like Steve Bacic now?

PG15
March 14th, 2008, 09:17 PM
That's exactly what I thought when I saw that.

So...Tyr has become Rhade. ;)

KindlyKeller
March 14th, 2008, 11:11 PM

Thanks for posting a spoiler without tags.

kymeric
March 15th, 2008, 06:13 AM

Like how tealc had time to shave the sides of his head between camelot and the start of season 10.

Amalthea
March 15th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I like it... it looks like it's still "wild man" but with less. Jason must feel so much lighter! I hope he's enjoying his new 'do.

Luciana
March 15th, 2008, 07:38 AM
http://img3.myimg.de/Jason3b480.jpg (http://www.myimg.de)

http://img3.myimg.de/Jason20and20guitarfc998.jpg (http://www.myimg.de)

:)

Mitchell82
March 15th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Jason cut them of after season 4, it wasn't the producers decision.

If I remember correctly he did ask their permission.

jenks
March 15th, 2008, 02:51 PM
If I remember correctly he never.

Killdeer
March 15th, 2008, 03:11 PM
From JM's blog - October 28th (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2007/10/28/october-28-2007/):

To those of you asking - yes, Jason did cut his hair. The dreads were becoming a bit of a pain and he asked us if he could go ahead and lose them. Paul and I wanted to accommodate him but were a little concerned given that the first episode of season 5 will pretty much pick up events as we leave them in the final episode of season 4, and we figured the fans might notice the not-so-subtle change in hairstyle. Well, after getting on the phone with Jason’s hair expert (no kidding), we arrived at a solution. Jason could lose the dreads provided he held on to them. A couple of weeks prior to the start of principal photography for season five, they would be reattached in a procedure that would take approximately four hours, and he would have them back for premiere. Thus, Jason is happy and continuity is maintained.

Oma Yksilo
March 15th, 2008, 03:24 PM
It's different.. but not the uber-major-change I expected. He's kept the lenght in the hair and he still looks like Ronan. I was thinking when they started talking about him getting a cut that he was going for a tight short cut.

aquagirl
March 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Whatever was their intention he still looks great. He looked great whit the dreadlocks and now without the dreadlocks. He looks great period(.):)

Krissie678
March 15th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Ronon looks hot either way!

Mitchell82
March 15th, 2008, 06:11 PM
From JM's blog - October 28th (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2007/10/28/october-28-2007/):

Thought I remembered that.

wheresmyfroggy
March 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'm just wondering what Jason's gonna do between seasons 5 and 6. Between 3 and 4 he got the tattoo, and between 4 and 5 he lost the dreds. Now what crazy plan is he concocting?

Bray
March 18th, 2008, 06:12 AM
For some reason he reminds me of Baal now :S

Between 5 - 6 I hear he is going to be cutting a leg off...just becasuse he can :p

GoSpikey
March 18th, 2008, 04:00 PM
For some reason he reminds me of Baal now :S

Between 5 - 6 I hear he is going to be cutting a leg off...just because he can :p

Then I'd like to say that life's probably hard without the two bigger ones... :o

Chris B.
April 12th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Hi guys,
Even though Jason Momoa did cut is dreads off, it seems like he is going to wear a wig: the pictures fom Ghost in the Machine (5x05) show a dreadlocked Ronon. So, unless the order of the episode changes, looks like our Satedan will keep his dreads... I guess we'll see soon enough.

Fenrir Foxz
April 12th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Hi guys,
Even though Jason Momoa did cut is dreads off, it seems like he is going to wear a wig: the pictures fom Ghost in the Machine (5x05) show a dreadlocked Ronon. So, unless the order of the episode changes, looks like our Satedan will keep his dreads... I guess we'll see soon enough.

Yeah I saw those pics earlier... that is weird :S

I'm not sure what is going on there, Ronon is supposed to loose his dreads in S5 ep 3 'Broken Ties' or so I though :confused:

Cam_Mitchell
April 14th, 2008, 05:43 AM

I Will Second That!

Bray
April 14th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Hi guys,

hmmm interesting...maybe they come back from the dead for one last romp.

GoSpikey
April 14th, 2008, 07:27 AM
He had the option of losing them in Broken Ties, depending on what Jason wanted to do. Joe M knew that maybe the 'cutting of the dreadlocks' scene wasn't going to be used, so maybe he was smart enough to have an alternate scene instead, of one that got extended.

;)

PG15
April 14th, 2008, 07:37 PM
It's settled:

Zona writes: “I just realized that in your shots from ‘Ghost in the Machine’ Ronon still has his signature dreadlocks. Did the plan for them to go in ‘Broken Ties’ change or is it simple a case of things still being shot out of sequence?”

Answer: After much discussion it was decided that while Jason could lose his dreads, the character of Ronon would be keeping his.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/14/april-14-2008-f-paul-wilsons-the-keep/

Ltcolshepjumper
April 15th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Well, Ronon is still Ronon.

jenks
April 15th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Fin

Mitchell82
April 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM
It's settled:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/14/april-14-2008-f-paul-wilsons-the-keep/

I guess a wig would be less hassle.

Anubis21
May 13th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Does anyone have a picture of what Ronan Dex's new hair looks like?

Lycan
May 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM
he is geting a new hair dew!?!?!?!?
sweet

Skydiver
May 13th, 2008, 05:20 PM
i normally don't edit thread titles but....it's Hairdo

Lahela
May 13th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Does anyone have a picture of what Ronan Dex's new hair looks like?

These are all with the wig (a bit hard to see properly but it's all we've got so far)

Click!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/th_dsc06181crop.jpg (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/dsc06181crop.jpg)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/th_dsc04745crop-1.jpg (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/dsc04745crop-1.jpg)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/th_dsc05655crop-1.jpg (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/dsc05655crop-1.jpg)

Jeff O'Connor
May 14th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Not bad, not bad at all, Mr. Momoa.

Raziel
May 14th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Still the handsome Satedan we know....
Hot hot hot!!!!!!.....

:ronananime28:

Mitchell82
May 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM
These are all with the wig (a bit hard to see properly but it's all we've got so far)

Click!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/th_dsc06181crop.jpg (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/dsc06181crop.jpg)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/th_dsc04745crop-1.jpg (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/dsc04745crop-1.jpg)

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/th_dsc05655crop-1.jpg (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/dsc05655crop-1.jpg)

It doesn't look all that different at all.

Lahela
May 14th, 2008, 10:09 PM
It doesn't look all that different at all.

Nope! But I guess at $10,000 they didn't want it to!

inLimeneSideroum
May 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking he should have to shave it off after losing a bet with Sheppard.

aquagirl
May 20th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I'm thinking he should have to shave it off after losing a bet with Sheppard.

MechaThor
May 20th, 2008, 12:21 PM
This is a shame that Ronan may be leaving as I really like his character, Its also a shame that alot of the Atlantis cast seem to come and go so fast. But i guess it just shows that Atlantis is strong enough to support an always changing cast. As long as John, Mckay & Teyla stay I am happy! I say make Lorne team member number 4!

I hope however when he dose go, they for once Kill someone off for good! That way it will make it all that more shocking! We have enough old cast members running around Pegasus already (Ford, Weir, Beckett). I say they should do what they did with Fraiser in SG-1, and give it a powerful meaning. Thats IF they kill him off.

Pharaoh Atem
May 27th, 2008, 05:18 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/05/momoa_the_dreads_stay_put.shtml

article on jason's hair

Constanza
May 27th, 2008, 11:18 AM

True! I would have never imagined a wig could cost that much money! It is insane!

Lahela
May 27th, 2008, 11:27 AM
True! I would have never imagined a wig could cost that much money! It is insane!

Rachel has been wearing wigs in that price range the whole time! I was as surprised as you are!

Lahela
May 27th, 2008, 11:30 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/05/momoa_the_dreads_stay_put.shtml

article on jason's hair

It's interesting the stress that article puts on Skiffy's influence - Jason has said all along that he didn't want Ronon to lose his dreads either, but it seems the focus has shifted. I wonder if that pressure is part of the background to his recent statement about his future on SGA.

Mitchell82
May 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM

:lol: How true.

Mitchell82
May 27th, 2008, 11:53 AM
This is a shame that Ronan may be leaving as I really like his character, Its also a shame that alot of the Atlantis cast seem to come and go so fast. But i guess it just shows that Atlantis is strong enough to support an always changing cast. As long as John, Mckay & Teyla stay I am happy! I say make Lorne team member number 4!

I hope however when he dose go, they for once Kill someone off for good! That way it will make it all that more shocking! We have enough old cast members running around Pegasus already (Ford, Weir, Beckett). I say they should do what they did with Fraiser in SG-1, and give it a powerful meaning. Thats IF they kill him off.
The rumor of him leaving is a vague rumor for season 7 if the show lasts that long.

myhelix
June 23rd, 2008, 09:13 AM
Anyone else think that the attached dreadlocks look stupid on Jason (Ronon)?
SciFi should have let him cut his hair, his new style looks much better than the fake dreads ! :ronan:!

moongirl11
June 23rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
OMG.....the wig looks SO fake! I heard it was quite expensive to make too. You'd think they'd do a better job. Sci-fi should just let him film with his own hair now that he's cut it, it would look much more natural.

naamiaiset
June 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
try this thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48224

taffy rose
June 23rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Anyone else think that the attached dreadlocks look stupid on Jason (Ronon)?
SciFi should have let him cut his hair, his new style looks much better than the fake dreads ! :ronan:!

I agree .. I don't know why he just can't have the shorter locks:rolleyes:. What's the big deal anyway ? He looks HOT & SEXY whether long or short and it makes no difference !

Kimberly

myhelix
June 24th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Thanks naamiaiset! :)

myhelix
June 24th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Maybe we should start a petiton, like the Carson fans! Something like "Jason looks good without a wig "!) ;) assume that Atlantis gets another Season.

prion
June 24th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I agree .. I don't know why he just can't have the shorter locks:rolleyes:. What's the big deal anyway ? He looks HOT & SEXY whether long or short and it makes no difference !

Kimberly

You're dealing with network execs, probably some focus groups, too. Network execs are strange people with even stranger ideas.

ManiacMike
June 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
OMG.....the wig looks SO fake! I heard it was quite expensive to make too. You'd think they'd do a better job. Sci-fi should just let him film with his own hair now that he's cut it, it would look much more natural.

I could of sworn they said they used his original dreads to make the wig?

PG15
June 25th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Some of it, yeah.

myhelix
June 26th, 2008, 09:03 AM
using the original dreads seems to be an good idea , but attached to Jason, original it has looked awesome, but now.... :(

Dax
June 26th, 2008, 09:43 AM
This could potentially be a great script titled 'Bad Hair Day'.

griffindorgirl
June 26th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I think that the powers that be at Atlantis should write an episode that Ronan has to loose his dreads some how. Jason looks so fine with out the dreads. The wig is a stupid idea and it looks fake.:ronan:

lunchbox
July 31st, 2008, 06:47 PM
anyone have any pics of what Ronon is gonna look like when he chops his dreadlocks off?

I understand it's supposed to be happening sometime this season.

naamiaiset
July 31st, 2008, 06:54 PM
plans changed. ronon cut his dreads off for health reasons, but sci-fi decided ronon needed to keep them, so a 10 000$ wig was made for him to wear.

without dreads:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/RodneyisGodney/David%20Hewlett/dreads-1.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/naamiaiset/sga/ronon/dsc04434.jpg

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48224

lunchbox
July 31st, 2008, 06:58 PM
well that kinda stinks. I mean, do other Satedans have dreads? No, none that we've seen. You'd think by the way the producers are handling it, it's a cultural thing with him.

Thanks for the info.

jelgate
July 31st, 2008, 06:59 PM
I liked him without the dreads. Their was a scene showing the lost of dreads in BT but then SciFi changed their minds.

naamiaiset
July 31st, 2008, 07:01 PM
I think sci-fi did it because the dreads are a big part of ronon's character/image... if I remember right.

I would've liked a new look for him.

Cree
July 31st, 2008, 08:49 PM
well that kinda stinks. I mean, do other Satedans have dreads? No, none that we've seen. You'd think by the way the producers are handling it, it's a cultural thing with him.

Thanks for the info.

true, but as far as im aware it wasnt the producers who made the choice about his loosing the dreads it was MGM. i think he looks cool without them :D

Bobcat
July 31st, 2008, 08:54 PM
I just feel bad for a actor whose network seems to think that his entire character is wrapped up in hair. Dang!

Kezia
July 31st, 2008, 09:41 PM
I just feel bad for a actor whose network seems to think that his entire character is wrapped up in hair. Dang!

Added to the fact that he has carry five extra pounds of deadweight around on his head. Poor guy

ussrelativity
August 1st, 2008, 01:23 AM
I certainly would have accepted him losing the dreads on camera.

Skydiver
August 1st, 2008, 04:47 AM
you know, it IS all about the hair ;)

GateGipsy
August 1st, 2008, 05:06 AM
They let Chris grow his hair back, and sport that silly caterpillar. Why not let Ronan get rid of the wig?

ToasterOnFire
August 1st, 2008, 09:20 AM
And the perfectly cliched time for Ronon to cut off his dreads would have been at the end of Broken Ties!

Killdeer
August 1st, 2008, 09:23 AM
They let Chris grow his hair back, and sport that silly caterpillar. Why not let Ronan get rid of the wig?

Exactly!!! :D

PG15
August 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM

Well, the caterpiller happened before SciFi took over, and Chris only got allowed hair after 7 years.

Still, I'd've liked to see the hair cut for dramatic and health reasons.

miniglik
August 1st, 2008, 10:21 AM
plans changed. ronon cut his dreads off for health reasons, but sci-fi decided ronon needed to keep them, so a 10 000$ wig was made for him to wear.

without dreads:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/RodneyisGodney/David%20Hewlett/dreads-1.jpg
<snip>

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48224

Dang but he's fine in that first picture. I thought I liked the dreads, but without all the hair obscuring his face....

So, for shallow reasons, I'm sad about the wig thing. Plus, the wig looks so unnatural -- or, at least, what they did the first three episodes looked weird. (I don't think he's worn the $10,000 wig yet. Maybe it won't be so unnatural-looking.)

carrollwoman
August 1st, 2008, 11:00 AM
I love Jason Momoa in Atlantis and i just hope they let him do what makes him comfortable so he stays around. He looks hot either way!

wkw427
August 1st, 2008, 11:02 AM
Health reasons? Why did he need to loose the hair?

Mitchell82
August 1st, 2008, 11:03 AM
true, but as far as im aware it wasnt the producers who made the choice about his loosing the dreads it was MGM. i think he looks cool without them :D

As far as I know it was scifi not MGM or the producers.

PG15
August 1st, 2008, 11:04 AM
Health reasons? Why did he need to loose the hair?

The dreads weighed 6 pounds and were hurting his neck.

SG2012
August 1st, 2008, 11:28 AM
He looks just as good without them as he does with them.:ronan:

jckfan55
August 1st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Dang but he's fine in that first picture. I thought I liked the dreads, but without all the hair obscuring his face....

I agree. I don't see why the company is so obsessed with the hair, esp. since there are health reasons NOT to do the heavy dreads. :(
On the other hand, it may be the first time a show has been concerned about a man's hairstyle. ;)

rarocks24
August 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM
Isn't the wig supposed to be significantly lighter than his original dreads?

I think SciFi made a stupid decision. I think if Sam was allowed to change her hair every other episode, so should Ronon be allowed to at least lose the dreads.

jelgate
August 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
SciFi and stupid decisions go together like peanut butter and jelly

Kezia
August 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Isn't the wig supposed to be significantly lighter than his original dreads?
It's the other way round, unfortunately

SciFi and stupid decisions go together like peanut butter and jelly
I wholeheartedly agree.

Atlantis Warrior
August 2nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
I personally think he looks alright either way. They should have stuck to the original plan and let him cut off the dreads in "Broken Ties". It sucks that they are making him wear a wig but what can ya do.

GoSpikey
August 2nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
Quit after your contract expires... ;)

Majicwand123
August 2nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
I've got dreads - they're heavy - especially when they get wet and it takes forever for them to dry after a shampoo.

Majicwand123
August 2nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
I agree he looks good without them. And as I said - I have locks and I know they can sometimes be a big pain in the butt. But he would look good in shorter locks or just as he is. A "Bad Hair" day situation could solve the problem of his heavy looking fake dread locks.

Ripple in Space
August 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Two funny ways to deal with it (had they not made the $10k wig):

1.) Reveal that Ronon had been wearing a wig all along, due to embarrassment over a receding hair line.

2.) Have him wear one of those Rastafarian hats with Dreads hanging from it: http://www.fun-shop.com/show_image.php?im=/img/08/81069.jpg&size=300

Lenas
August 3rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Well, I just can't imagine Ronon without the dreads, they make him stand out and ads to his hottness!!
Even though, the wig?? Surely they could have done better considering what it cost:confused:
But if Jason decides to leave for whatever reasons, maybe the hair issue being one? Please oblige him, no SGA without Ronon:ronan:

Vala_M
August 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
The expensive new wig looks great and I probably wouldn't have noticed a different bewteen his real dreadlocks and the expensive wig if I didn't know about them. However, last week's wig looked totally fake and I would have noticed that regardless as something odd. The only inaccuracy is that the dreadlocks on the wig are longer than his actual dreadlocks were and don't have the lighter tips, they're all one color.

Vala,

Dr. Selene Ankarres
October 9th, 2009, 08:11 AM
i don't think i could picture ronon without his wicked dreds !!!

Everlovin
October 20th, 2009, 05:06 AM
When - if - Stargate Extinction gets made, I hope that they lose the dead spider wig. For crying out loud! The dreads aren't what makes Ronon. Jason is.

xMetalDetectorx
March 1st, 2010, 01:15 AM
In the future, it wouldn't be a bad decision to lose the dreds, but it will take some getting used to. Just like how Teal'c started bald, but ended up having hair. Ronon will be Ronon with or without his hair

Saquist
March 1st, 2010, 04:51 AM
I know it's interesting that a thread has gone for even this long on the characters' hair alone.
I don't care about his hair.

Ragitsu
July 19th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I wonder if any other hair on his body is in dreadlocks.

Teyla-Joy
September 9th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I thought they were fake and I remember see a pic of him wih sholder link curly hair & he wore glasses lol :)

Thorthewraith
December 12th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Much rather see the dreadlocks!! he looks like the average beachboy with the short hair. Rather have the rough look. And if he should have short hair, at least he should have the beard. Ronon isn't Ronon with the beard.

Stalinorgel
February 7th, 2012, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=Thorthewraith;12155010]Much rather see the dreadlocks!! he looks like the average beachboy with the short hair. QUOTE]what he said. I also prefer DJ with longer hair.
Looks are a very imortant part of the illusion. People who say looks aren't important, why do you watch SciFi in the first place then :P