This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard ships

Well after the episode unending earth now has all the asgard data, so wouldn't that include how to build onell class ships? As far as i know onell class ships would be better then the ones that earth has now...and maybe earth can find some way to combine the energy beams that the asgard added on the earth ship to the onell class ship. Either way, if you send one onell class ship to the pegasus galaxy i am pretty sure you could wipe out the wraith because they dont have a real defense against energy based weapons.
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Earth doesn't have the abilities to create ships like that. The Asgard database did tell us how to build those ships, but that doesn't mean it's in a language we understand or even in a science we understand. Some stuff could possibly be added to future 304 Class ships and incorporated into future X-Class ships but we don't have the resources to do all that.

sigpic

Comment

It's not like they gave us the blueprints with numbers and step by step procedures. Its all in one big haystack. Plus they used differnt metals then we used and like saberblade mentioned a totally different science.

And I don't think it was intended for a base on which are civilation would be constructed but just some helpfull advice to guide us in the right direction.

Comment

that also brings up the question, if you cant build the ships on earth, how about using one the planets the asgard left behind? unless they built all there ships on the planet they blew up they must have a ship making place that has a automated process, cause i dont picture the asgard doing manual labor...
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I just wish they would of given us all of their ships before they blew themselves up. I mean if they were going to end it all why not let us have the stuff so we could continue to use them in our war against the Ori and the Wraith. Heck who is to say if a Oniel class ship wouldn't be a match for one of the pegasus replicator ships with it's anti replicator weapons. It could wipe out all the replicators inside and we could take the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCgrunt View Post
            I just wish they would of given us all of their ships before they blew themselves up. I mean if they were going to end it all why not let us have the stuff so we could continue to use them in our war against the Ori and the Wraith. Heck who is to say if a Oniel class ship wouldn't be a match for one of the pegasus replicator ships with it's anti replicator weapons. It could wipe out all the replicators inside and we could take the ship.
            yah many people are wondering the same thing...what happened to all there ships and stuff on other worlds O_o
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
              that also brings up the question, if you cant build the ships on earth, how about using one the planets the asgard left behind? unless they built all there ships on the planet they blew up they must have a ship making place that has a automated process, cause i dont picture the asgard doing manual labor...
              Persumably they destroyed everything throughout the galaxy before they all retreated to their homeworld. If they were so worried about their knowledge falling into enemy hands they would not have made a point to blow up their world (they could've found other ways to kill themselves - blowing up the entire planet only serves as a quick way to get rid of any technology that may be on it) but leave things behind elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                Persumably they destroyed everything throughout the galaxy before they all retreated to their homeworld. If they were so worried about their knowledge falling into enemy hands they would not have made a point to blow up their world (they could've found other ways to kill themselves - blowing up the entire planet only serves as a quick way to get rid of any technology that may be on it) but leave things behind elsewhere.
                true but there was no mention of this, i am sure if they started to blow up all the planets/ships/things, someone would of noticed...
                Spoiler:

Comment

The asgard had two choices, give us a finite amount of O'Neills and spend many months training us to use them or they give us the information and upgraded our own ship which we already understand.
                  Disliked a recent episode?
                  Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                  The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

The barrier to us building Asgard ships isn't a technology one, it's a material one; we simply don't have any Neutronium resources, which is the main base material used in the construction of Asgard technology.

That's why the Asgard found it so difficult to find a new homeworld after Othala was destroyed; the new planet needed to be sufficiently rich in Neutronium for them to construct new buildings, ships, etc.

Comment

An Oneill with the new asgard beams wouldn't be any better than the Odysessy with the asgard beams, infact it would probably be worse. It would be a bigger target and lack the ZPM to power it.

Also it's delusional to think that a single asgard vessel could take on the entire Wraith armada let alone the Asurans! The Wraith beat a galaxy full of ancient warships and you think a single ship could handle them
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

You have to remember that like 70% of the Asgard fleet were killed by the replicators. And its not like they can easily repopulate themselves.

They decided to kill themselves off because they were so far gone, with the majority of their fleet gone, and so little in numbers.

Facing the Ori was not an option.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          An Oneill with the new asgard beams wouldn't be any better than the Odysessy with the asgard beams, infact it would probably be worse. It would be a bigger target and lack the ZPM to power it.

Also it's delusional to think that a single asgard vessel could take on the entire Wraith armada let alone the Asurans! The Wraith beat a galaxy full of ancient warships and you think a single ship could handle them
                          Even if that was true which I don't agree with you having many ships as opposed to just a few is always better. Asguard ships would of made our trips back and forth to the pegasus galaxy much faster. We could of assigned just one of them to cargo duty to take things to Atlantis. I also think that a few Asguard ships would give the wraith a run for their money. Take the Apollo, Daedalus and a few Oniel's and the wraith would have a serious fight on their hands. I would rather have 5 Asguard ships along with the ships we currently have to defend earth than just our ships any day.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCgrunt View Post
                            Even if that was true which I don't agree with you having many ships as opposed to just a few is always better. Asguard ships would of made our trips back and forth to the pegasus galaxy much faster. We could of assigned just one of them to cargo duty to take things to Atlantis. I also think that a few Asguard ships would give the wraith a run for their money. Take the Apollo, Daedalus and a few Oniel's and the wraith would have a serious fight on their hands. I would rather have 5 Asguard ships along with the ships we currently have to defend earth than just our ships any day.
                            I never said Asgard ships wouldn't be an asset but my point was that a fully upgraded Asgard vessels with all the tech of the Unending Odyssey would be no better than the Odyssey itself.

A few Asgard ships wouldn't stand a chance against the Wraith. We know that the Lanteans had probably dozens of ships to fight the Wraith and they lost. With that flee we could take on isolated hives etc...but what about fleets like in the siege with a dozen hive ships and 20 odd cruisers a few Asgrd Oneills wouldn't make a difference.
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              I never said Asgard ships wouldn't be an asset but my point was that a fully upgraded Asgard vessels with all the tech of the Unending Odyssey would be no better than the Odyssey itself.

A few Asgard ships wouldn't stand a chance against the Wraith. We know that the Lanteans had probably dozens of ships to fight the Wraith and they lost. With that flee we could take on isolated hives etc...but what about fleets like in the siege with a dozen hive ships and 20 odd cruisers a few Asgrd Oneills wouldn't make a difference.
                              they would be better they would be faster like in season 8 of sg1 did u see how quick the Asgard ship traveled to a different galaxy
                              sigpic
                              [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Working...
                              X