X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronon's Gun (MAJOR spoilers)

... is a Traveller's gun!

OMG.

And, as if that wasn't enough, a few other awesome tidbits of information were revealed in this ep:

1) Aurora class ships are equipped with Control Chairs, referred to by Larrin as a "weapons control platform", posibly signifying that the PRIMARY purpose of a chair is for weapons delivery and control - this also implies that the powerplant of an Aurora class warship is capable of higher output than a Mark II Naquadah reactor.

2) Rodney mentioned that Drones could potentially be deflected by shields, which seems to go against the whole "drones go through anything" viewpoint held by some.

3) Shepherd apparently has enough knowledge of Ancient technology to repair the drone chair's control circuit.
    Last edited by Dev Corvin; 26 October 2007, 10:32 PM.

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post

OMG.

And, as if that wasn't enough, a few other awesome tidbits of information were revealed in this ep:

1) Aurora class ships are equipped with Control Chairs, referred to by Larrin as a "weapons control platform", posibly signifying that the PRIMARY purpose of a chair is for weapons delivery and control - this also implies that the powerplant of an Aurora class warship is capable of higher output than a Mark II Naquadah reactor.

2) Rodney mentioned that Drones could potentially be deflected by shields, which seems to go against the whole "drones go through anything" viewpoint held by some.

3) Shepherd apparently has enough knowledge of Ancient technology to repair the drone chair's control circuit.
    I think all we know is that the Travellers use the same type of gun, we don't know if they originated the technology or got it from somewhere else.

1) Well yeah we haven't seen the chairs used for much else besides controlling drones, and of course an Aurora is going to have higher power capabilities than a measly Mk II.

2) We've seen drones bounce off Ancient shields before.

3) Surprising that someone smart enough or MENSA could pick up a thing or two isn't it.
    Last edited by jds1982; 27 October 2007, 01:06 AM.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Also that a couple dozen shots of ronan's gun can make holes in walls, and needs to be recharged or replaced. (implies that the gun recharges when idle). And we should still have the tria somewhere, until said otherwise its possible its still around.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Well we've seen the chair on Atlantis being used for a number of things, flying the city, redistributing power to the city & of course Drone control. But I'm sure that is in Atlantis' case & I'm sure the control chair on Atlantis could do a lot more than we've seen.
        sigpic
        "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
        Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by wilson359 View Post
          Well we've seen the chair on Atlantis being used for a number of things, flying the city, redistributing power to the city & of course Drone control. But I'm sure that is in Atlantis' case & I'm sure the control chair on Atlantis could do a lot more than we've seen.
          It would be great if we found out a control chairs primary purpose is giving back massages.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

When they first mentioned the Travelers episode, I knew it was going to be Ronon's gun epsidoe, 6 months ago or so.

I think most people knew.

John should have stolen some of them at least. And WTF does the Atlantis not have any energy weapons that can kill?

Comment

Lol, if anyboy thought that a naquadah generator produced more power than a 2/3/4/5km long Ancient warship that can fire 1000's of Drones as well as raise shields, hyperdrive etc, then they need help. I doubt these warships go into battle against multiple Wraith ships, then run out of power because they can only fire a couple dozen Drones.

A bunch of naquadah genny's couldn't raise the shields on Atlantis or a few of the key systems. A MKII is the same as 6 MKI's, so isn't nothing. An 'Aurora' probably has a power output closer to a ZPM than a naquadah generator. It has to fight, it's armoury probably contains 1000's of Drones & it must have the power capabilities to fire every single one of them in a fight, as well as the ability to keep the shield raised & absorb enemy weapons fire at the same time. So for all that, you need some pretty serious power.

Comment

OMG.

1.) Agreed, but that was fairly obvious.

2.) All that implies is that an alien shield we know nothing about could potentially deflect drones. That just proves that unknown technology could defeat ours... which is obvious. As for the bouncing in "Return"... I'd still like better CGI for proof, but I'm willing to speculate that Ancient shields (and Ancient shields alone) can deflect drones.

3.) I liked seeing that he's learned something, too.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think it's obvious they invented the guns, all their personnel had them as well as the energy being red fired from the gun and their shields were red as well. Normally in Stargate, things match up like that.

Vala,

Comment

The ancients were tactically dumb. Not outright stupid. They wouldnt design a weapon like that that could be used against them.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                      I think it's obvious they invented the guns, all their personnel had them as well as the energy being red fired from the gun and their shields were red as well. Normally in Stargate, things match up like that.

Vala,
                      Yes because the fact that SG teams carry zats and Wraith stunners means its obvious we invented them.

Comment

I think TPTB meant for the Travelers to have made them. Even if they were not the orignal creators, they manufacture them now.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          Yes because the fact that SG teams carry zats and Wraith stunners means its obvious we invented them.
                          What Vala is trying to say is basically the type of energy that is shown when a shield is stressed(hit in other words,) or the look of the blast may be almost unique to the race's technology.

We (Tau'ri) use projectiles, not energy weapons as our main weaponry. Zats have the Naq. supply, its basically the Jaffa's side-arm. Its like we have the P-90's and well (possibly) the Glocks or whatever they get. The Goa'uld version of that setup would be the Staff and the Zat. Compare the shielding as well. We have physical shielding, eg the Kevlar and those other plates that should help, the goa'uld shields kind of match the Staff weapon in terms of firepower to shieldpower.

Asgard technology (in certain phases) is a great bloody example of what Vala is saying. Their shields looked Blue-ish in colour, and the big honkin' ship guns fired beams that had a tinge in blue.

As Shepjump said, they weren't the originators for those uber-guns, but they make them, which from what I've read, the Travelers are essentially gatherers, so it'd be possible that they got blueprints for the assembly of the shiny toys from a planet Ronon visited when he was forced into being a Runner. In the s2 episode, Runner, Ronon didn't have his toy yet, so it'd be an safe thing to say that he found it off another planet. Plus, the Wraith wouldn't give someone a weapon to be used against them.

Also, because I live in Australia and S4 won't air here until a long time away(>1 year), can someone post a few piccies of the guns, and if there are any good angles, i'd be happy to see them.

Comment

Still left wondering how exactly Ronon got his gun. Presumably he didn't meet the Travelers first hand. If he did, he probably wouldn't be running & instead have hooked up with them. Leading their away parties for missions.

Can see only 2 ways how he got his hands on one.

1) He was on a planet, Travelers had been there first. Maybe battled with the Wraith or whatever & lost some people. He comes through while still a runner. Finds the weapon on a dead body & takes it.

2) The other one is what Larrin said. That they had to leave people behind on the ground. So it's possible that Ronon came across some of these people & maybe done a deal to get one of them.

That leaves the major factor of how exactly does he get new power cells when the old one runs out? If the Atlantis mission were real, they would have reverse-engineered that gun & would all be using it now instead of handguns or stunners.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                              And WTF does the Atlantis not have any energy weapons that can kill?
                              Persumably they took all weapons and anything that wasn't bolted down back to Earth with them. However, like with a hotel room you always forget something - The personal defense shield.

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                              Still left wondering how exactly Ronon got his gun. Presumably he didn't meet the Travelers first hand. If he did, he probably wouldn't be running & instead have hooked up with them. Leading their away parties for missions.
                              I don't think he met them either, but had he I seriously doubt he would've hooked up with them. That's one more of their own people they'd have to drop on a planet in favor of him and they had no need for a crazed wildman who can fight the Wraith since they make a business of hiding, not launching offworld missions. I doubt they would even want to take the risk of trying to remove his tracking device and Ronon certainly wouldn't want to make a life of sitting on ships that go from planet to planet all the time.

That leaves the major factor of how exactly does he get new power cells when the old one runs out?
                              In Joe's blog he says they are self recharging in reponse to a question that asked how many power cells does he have since at one point we see him changing them. So he probably as the two and by the time the second runs of power too the first is ready to go again.

If the Atlantis mission were real, they would have reverse-engineered that gun & would all be using it now instead of handguns or stunners.
                              Ronon is not going to let them take apart his only gun so they can study it.
                              Last edited by Xaeden; 27 October 2007, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X