This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Guide to Atlantis

I was watching some old Atlantis episodes and I thought of the new people that came off the Daedalus. Those poor newbies don't know what hit them. So, I thought, why not create a list for the newest newbies. This list could be posted in the mess hall and common areas, as well as sent through the Atlantis laptop network.

Welcome to your new posting. You've all read the mission reports, so you know what to expect in the Pegasus Galaxy. Now you need to know about living in Atlantis.

Check this list frequently. We are still exploring this city, and still learning to live together. This list will help you avoid those pitfalls us veterans have made.

Learn from our experience.

1. The Stargate may not be used for ordering Dominoes pizza.
    ---a. yes, even though we have the gatebridge and would not be using an obscene amount of energy
    ---b. there is something inherently neuron-frying about thinking of a pizza arriving still-hot after travelling across the vast intergalactic distance
    ---c. we are supposed to be semi-cut-off, people

2. The Ancients were a bunch of arrogant, irresponsible geniuses.
    ---a. Rodney McKay is probably a descended Ancient
    ---b. only John Sheppard thinks this is funny

3. "Oops" is never a good thing.
    Last edited by JJSNgadget; 12 February 2008, 07:24 AM.
    sigpic
    Doctor Who and Top Gear
    The only thing better would be if I won the lottery.

4. Mission reports must be written in English. (should be in ancient font)
    ---a. Mission reports must be written in English.
    ---b. the Pentagon did not appreciate having to decipher the reports we sent back.
    sigpic
    Doctor Who and Top Gear

Comment

Do NOT get between Dr. McKay and the coffee pot. Same goes with a plate of brownies, any cookies or on sundae night.
      sigpic
      Sig by im_meli
      More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

6. Here in Atlantis, we have two truths: what really happened, and what we tell Earth really happened.

7. Ronan is reminded to please remove all weapons from his dreadlocks before arriving at the Slumber parties.
        ---7a. the women doing your hair would like to keep their fingers intact, if you don't mind.
        sigpic
        Doctor Who and Top Gear

Comment

8. If the emergency alarm sounds count the number of days you have been on Atlantis, subtract your distance from the stargate and that is your survival probability.
          8a. If you are on an away mission, stay close to Ronan.
          Truth is a torch that gleams through the fog without dispelling it.

Comment

Sheppard: Insulting teh hair is a good way to get a one-way ticket to T-Rex planet.

Teyla: The sparring sticks are called "bantos rods," not "twigs of doom." Unless you want to get up close and personal with the gym floor, I'd suggest remembering this.

Ronon: Medusa is not a fitting nickname for someone with dreadlocks. They make the perfect place for hiding all sorts of sharp and pointy objects. (Ahem.)

Rodney: Do NOT play with the ancient devices in his lab. As cheif science officer, he has direct access to the hot and cold water supply system.
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

13. There are no nude beaches on the mainland.
              ---13a. or on Atlantis
              ---13b. but there should be
              ---13c. Ronon didn't seem to mind

14. Follow proper proceedure when discovering new technology.
              ---14a. proper proceedure does not include pushing all the buttons to see what they do
              ---14b. or thinking "on" at it

15. The Atlantis expedition does not discriminate based on religious preference.
              ---15a. however, under no circumstances are you allowed to worship the wraith
              ---15b. Ronon will not take kindly to that
              ---15c. the CMO would like to tell you that any injuries sustained are your own fault
              sigpic
              Doctor Who and Top Gear

Comment

16. Any form of ego boosting towrds Dr. Mckay must be strictly regulated.
                16a. Hugging Dr. McKay after dousing yourself in orange oil is highly suggested.

Comment

17. If you, during an offworld mission, starts aging quite quickly - A Wraith may be feeding upon you. Please avoid this.

18. Do not feed the whales.
                  sigpic

Comment

19. When going hunting on Mainland with Ronan leave all devices at base, or Ronan will make you the bait.

Comment

20. Bazookas, while efficient at dispatching wraith, are viewed as overkill by the tacticians and accountants back on Earth.

21. Underware is to be worn at all times.
                      ---21a. Col. Carter does not care if you enjoy your kilt's updraft.

22. There is an exception to every rule.
                      ---22a. John Sheppard is that exception
                      sigpic
                      Doctor Who and Top Gear

Comment

23. Ronan is the extracurricular to rule #22... he may go flesh toned.
                        23a. Kavenough is required to be in five yards of fabric at all times... even in the shower.

Comment

24. If you work in or around the science labs make sure Dr.Mckay eats a PowerBar every 2 hrs. Hypoglycemia is not a joke.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

25. Zedpms and naquada generators are NOT toys!
                            26. Never sit in THE CHAIR without permission.
                            27. No matter what Sheppard says, Dr. McKay is generally a very happy person.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

28. Mission reports may not start "Once upon a time."
                              29. Spoiling the natives is not the official Atlantis sport.
                              ---29a. It's kind of odd when Ronon goes from not understanding the appeal of television to knowing a movie by reference before having watched it.
                              sigpic
                              Doctor Who and Top Gear

Comment

Working...
                              X