This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Uniforms for Season 5?

I think that if ths show is going to a S5 they MUST get new uniforms, or go back to the old ones Or even go really retro and let the military people wear real military uniforms and let the scientist wear whatever they want (business casual you know).

Whos with me on this?

Also, any and all leather and spandex must be restricted to the occasional leather jacket and standard workout gear... I mean if someone is biking or playing basketball then a little underarmor is acceptable.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    I think that if ths show is going to a S5 they MUST get new uniforms, or go back to the old ones Or even go really retro and let the military people wear real military uniforms and let the scientist wear whatever they want (business casual you know).

Whos with me on this?

Also, any and all leather and spandex must be restricted to the occasional leather jacket and standard workout gear... I mean if someone is biking or playing basketball then a little underarmor is acceptable.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new uniforms aren't flattering (particularly on Carter). Sheppard's got the best as it's basic BDU format but the rest look like retro 60s/70s scifi. Spandex should be BANNED (leave that for tackier scifi shows) and leather used sparingly, or restricted only to 'aliens' from the PG.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post

Whos with me on this?

I'm with you.

Even Genii uniforms would be better than all that leather/spandex/wathever even the scientists are using. Since when my geeky-yummy needed such thing? He's hot on his own!

Comment

I like the new uniforms they wear on base but yeah I want the BDU's back, not liking the leather, particularly not on Mckay, it just looks silly lol. Wouldn't mind seeing Ronon in a BDU for once even though that'll probs never happen.

Comment

(I'm just going to change the title of this thread to help encourage discussion.)
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Oh PLEASE!!!

All the leather is getting incredibly annoying.

Comment

That I would think is better, the military wear military uniform and scientists wear the business casual followed by the lab coat (who could resist the lab coats!)

However, the military... well so many of them from various countries, there will be even more uniforms, so I guess maybe it's best to go back to the Atlantis military uniform of Seasons 1-3

Comment

I rather like the idea of Atlantis having its own uniform/dress code - given the mix of nationalities, and of members of the military and civilians, a shared uniform isn't necessarily a bad idea but I think they need to ditch spandex and seriously restrict leather.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I didn't even notice the new uniforms at first. for s5 I'd bring back the old ones or keep the s4 ones. to introduce another uniform type would be too much change imo
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I haven't liked the constant changes in the SGA Fashion parade uniforms,but I rather liked the S2 "look",as it seemed far more practical.

Not loving the leather,and the tight suits in S4.I can't think of tight jackets on Carter and Keller as being anything more than sexing-up the characters,and the outfits don't look comfortable to wear .

As I'm on a bit of a roll..why the wide sleeve cuffs ? All that does is catch on objects ,and gather dirt ,lol !
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

For the ladies, unless you naturally have a derrière, I think it would be uncomfortable wearing the new Season 4 uniforms, but then, in this day and age the phrase: "clothes wear people and not people wear clothes" seems very appropriate with Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new uniforms aren't flattering (particularly on Carter). Sheppard's got the best as it's basic BDU format but the rest look like retro 60s/70s scifi. Spandex should be BANNED (leave that for tackier scifi shows) and leather used sparingly, or restricted only to 'aliens' from the PG.
                        I'm right there with you! The Wraith wear enough leather for everyone in PG. Also, it's sort of odd that only select characters have the new season 4 uniforms. As was mentioned in another thread, Lorne and others are still wearing the old SGA BDUs in the grey instead of the black (with black leather jackets). Guess funding didn't get approved this year at the SGC.

And I agree about Spandex. Let it die.

Comment

If you ever look at the uniforms on Babylon 5 they are very practical they have pockets theres a over coat and a undershirt. This lets them show people on the job when in uniform or dressed down after work coat off or in non uniforms to show when people aren't working.

Granted I don't think Atlantis will ever get the much of the out of uniform look.
                          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

the military should wear the jump suits like there do in sg1. and the mckay and everyone else should go back to season 1 uniforms ....

me "anti leather"

Comment

I did prefer the BDU's though i admit that sheps leather bomber jacket is very cool. I don't really mind the new spandex uniforms. I suspect that wasn't really what they were going for, they were just wanting something that looked good on screen. Though even then i prefer the old season 1/season 2 look. The leather may be a bit much but since we haven't seen an ep with them wearing a ton of leather yet i can't really judge.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X