This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who I DO want in season 5 - except for Keller, Carter and Weir

This is the thread for those who us who would really like to see Ford return in Season 5!

Discuss away!!!

I figured since Weir and Ford get one of these threads, Beckett should too!

So everyones gettin all excited about Season 5 on SaveCarson.com and finding ways we can get him back perminently!

Got any ideas that could help?

Other ideas:
    - Letters (nice ones! be professional!)
    sigpic

Comment

Well seeing as....

Spoiler:
      He is returning for two episodes in Season 4 we have to see how that pans out before speculating on his role in Season 5

Although I remember reading that its been left open for a role in a possible Season 5
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

yeah I'd like to see SuperFord again. I just hope they give him a happy ending. Cure him and have him dicharged and sent home with his family. I wouldn't mind if he stayed 'out there' for a while but I would atleast want him to apear once a season from now on and then in a couple of years have his story resolved like that.

Perfecto!

Comment

If they dont bring ford back in season 5 they mights as well never bring him back i hope he is in season 5 show a bit of loyalty to the actor
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

I hope he goes back to full-time, but I would prefer it happen either at the end (of the finale story), or after they fix the lose ends with the S4 Finale. Unless, of course, they can sensibly and with great story telling - get him in the first episode.

Comment

i want to see him but now all the time. i would like to see a wrap up of his arc. and have him return to earth.

ie a happy ending....oh and that ford ronon fight we been wanting

Comment

Season four has been agonizing to watch without the heart of Atlantis. I'm hoping tptb will reward the fans SGA already had with the return of Paul as Carson as part of the main cast. (My wish is for tptb to stop taking established fans for granted in the hopes of luring possible new ones!) The treatment both Paul and his fans received was nothing short of shabby.

I'm already looking forward to seeing his return in The Kindred. Bringing him back for season five would make me ecstatic.
                Last edited by erb; 24 October 2007, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that Carson's 2 episode arc comes as episodes 18 & 19 of the season, gives me a lot of hope for the possibility of bringing him back for season 5. It seems, to me anyway, that it might be easier to continue his story and bring him back in with his episodes at the end of the season rather than at the beginning (or stuffed in the middle). Seems it might be an easier transition. I don't know. *shrugs*

Buy yeah, here's to Beckett back in s5!!!

Cheers!
                  Last edited by cshawzye; 24 October 2007, 08:59 PM.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                  "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

As much as I want to see SuperFord again I doubt it will happen. But we can always hope. BTW I'd love to see a Ronon/Superford battle.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

As much as I'd love to see him back full time only if they can find a way to accomidate both Carson and Keller.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm with cshawzye in regard with the two-episode arc being at the very end of the season. This means that they definitely don't have to really get rid of him again by the end of 'Kindred II' and find an explanation for him being missing for the rest of the season. For all I know, they could say he went back to Earth for psychological assessment and a holiday with his family (although I doubt they'd let him see his family anytime soon, for what do they want to tell them without endangering their secrecy ) for a few weeks and then he could return to Atlantis for the fifth season; possibly after the cliffhanger.

Or he could really be involved in the cliffhanger since Joe Mallozzi said 'Kindred' would lead into the last ep. Maybe in kind of a cameo at the very end and TPTB just don't want to spill the beans early. I wouldn't be too surprised if Beckett was perhaps the last man (okay that's wishful thinking but it would be awesome)!

Long story short: I totally convinced that we can do it, get Carson Beckett back for season five! I'm pretty sure TPTB are aware of the fact that the SaveCarsonBeckett campaign has done a lot to support their franchise and keep them going despite having axed our beloved Scot. We have rallied like hell to let them see what we're aiming at, have given them a whole lot of free publicity and been very loyal to the programme even though we felt that something extremely important was missing after Carson's untimely demise.

After all the things the campaign has done and achieved for THEM it's time for TPTB to show their appreciation by giving US Beckett back for good in season five. And although I'm strongly promoting regular status for Paul McGillion again because he deserves this, I'd even take a strong recurring role like in the first season if they give him quality screen-time then.

It's not a secret that A LOT of lines and screen-time he had while being officially labelled a main character, were not even half-hearted attempts to give him something decent. For the most part, the wonderful character of Beckett was under-utilized and wasted in cameo spots for minor B- or C-plots. I give Paul McGillion's passionate performance and acting skills the credit for being able to give the character depths in spite of being mostly ignored or given only half a thought by writers.

Especially season three with only 13 out of 20 episodes was a slap in the face for a supposedly regular of the show. 'Condemned' or 'Trinity' anyone? Those were two adjacent episodes, and Beckett never appeared or was mentioned in 'Condemned' and had a ridiculously wasted cameo in 'Trinity'. After having heard of Paul McGillion's promotion to main cast, I went to rent the DVD with 'Condemned' and 'Trinity' to see how much they had extended the role of Carson Beckett for this. No need to tell you that my jaw dropped abysmally watching these episodes. They were good episodes, no doubt, but I was massively disappointed after that. (You know what I thought was most ridiculous about it: Until and including 'Duet', in which Paul McGillion was part of the main plot, they used the old credits of season one without him. So 'Condemned' and 'Trinity' were the first eps PM appeared in the credits but was not to be seen except for one unimportant scene in the second episode... tsk!) And it clearly shows that promoting someone out of a hunch because they are fan-favourites just doesn't work if they don't change their way of thinking about that particular character and really do integrate him more thoroughly.

I've already sent in three SCB letters today, and I will not stop until they sign Paul McGillion on for season five. Joe Mallozzi has always treated us, the campaign, with respect and we have done more than our fair share of support and promotion. I'm positive that both sides win if they bring Carson back for the fifth season.

Now, PTP, you have this one chance to do the right thing, don't waste the opportunity!
                        twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                        sigpic

Comment

^

Amen my sista!!!

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!

And keep an eye out for any campaign updates, cause it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

sigpic
                          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I sure hope we get at least a little bit of Beckett in Season 5. I'm sure they could fit him into an episode or two, at least.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              As much as I want to see SuperFord again I doubt it will happen. But we can always hope. BTW I'd love to see a Ronon/Superford battle.
                              I'd love to see Ford pop up again too. To at least give his story a proper ending, one way or the other. Sadly though, my hopes aren't that high it'll happen. I just think that TPTB have other things in mind.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X