PDA

View Full Version : Who I DO want in season 5 - except for Keller, Carter and Weir

Mattathias2.0
October 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
This is the thread for those who us who would really like to see Ford return in Season 5!

Discuss away!!!

Tippy
October 24th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I figured since Weir and Ford get one of these threads, Beckett should too!

So everyones gettin all excited about Season 5 on SaveCarson.com and finding ways we can get him back perminently!

Got any ideas that could help?

Other ideas:
- Letters (nice ones! be professional!)

The_Carpenter
October 24th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Well seeing as....

He is returning for two episodes in Season 4 we have to see how that pans out before speculating on his role in Season 5

Although I remember reading that its been left open for a role in a possible Season 5

Major_Griff
October 24th, 2007, 01:36 PM
yeah I'd like to see SuperFord again. I just hope they give him a happy ending. Cure him and have him dicharged and sent home with his family. I wouldn't mind if he stayed 'out there' for a while but I would atleast want him to apear once a season from now on and then in a couple of years have his story resolved like that.

Promethius30
October 24th, 2007, 01:40 PM
If they dont bring ford back in season 5 they mights as well never bring him back i hope he is in season 5 show a bit of loyalty to the actor :ford:

Mattathias2.0
October 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I hope he goes back to full-time, but I would prefer it happen either at the end (of the finale story), or after they fix the lose ends with the S4 Finale. Unless, of course, they can sensibly and with great story telling - get him in the first episode.

Niteshadow
October 24th, 2007, 02:31 PM
i want to see him but now all the time. i would like to see a wrap up of his arc. and have him return to earth.

ie a happy ending....oh and that ford ronon fight we been wanting :D

erb
October 24th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Season four has been agonizing to watch without the heart of Atlantis. I'm hoping tptb will reward the fans SGA already had with the return of Paul as Carson as part of the main cast. (My wish is for tptb to stop taking established fans for granted in the hopes of luring possible new ones!) The treatment both Paul and his fans received was nothing short of shabby.

I'm already looking forward to seeing his return in The Kindred. Bringing him back for season five would make me ecstatic.

cshawzye
October 24th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that Carson's 2 episode arc comes as episodes 18 & 19 of the season, gives me a lot of hope for the possibility of bringing him back for season 5. It seems, to me anyway, that it might be easier to continue his story and bring him back in with his episodes at the end of the season rather than at the beginning (or stuffed in the middle). Seems it might be an easier transition. I don't know. *shrugs*

Buy yeah, here's to Beckett back in s5!!!

Cheers!

Mitchell82
October 24th, 2007, 06:43 PM
As much as I want to see SuperFord again I doubt it will happen. But we can always hope. BTW I'd love to see a Ronon/Superford battle.

Mitchell82
October 24th, 2007, 07:06 PM
As much as I'd love to see him back full time only if they can find a way to accomidate both Carson and Keller.

twinchaosblade
October 24th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'm with cshawzye in regard with the two-episode arc being at the very end of the season. This means that they definitely don't have to really get rid of him again by the end of 'Kindred II' and find an explanation for him being missing for the rest of the season. For all I know, they could say he went back to Earth for psychological assessment and a holiday with his family (although I doubt they'd let him see his family anytime soon, for what do they want to tell them without endangering their secrecy :confused:) for a few weeks and then he could return to Atlantis for the fifth season; possibly after the cliffhanger.

Or he could really be involved in the cliffhanger since Joe Mallozzi said 'Kindred' would lead into the last ep. Maybe in kind of a cameo at the very end and TPTB just don't want to spill the beans early. I wouldn't be too surprised if Beckett was perhaps the last man (okay that's wishful thinking but it would be awesome)!

Long story short: I totally convinced that we can do it, get Carson Beckett back for season five! I'm pretty sure TPTB are aware of the fact that the SaveCarsonBeckett campaign has done a lot to support their franchise and keep them going despite having axed our beloved Scot. We have rallied like hell to let them see what we're aiming at, have given them a whole lot of free publicity and been very loyal to the programme even though we felt that something extremely important was missing after Carson's untimely demise.

After all the things the campaign has done and achieved for THEM it's time for TPTB to show their appreciation by giving US Beckett back for good in season five. And although I'm strongly promoting regular status for Paul McGillion again because he deserves this, I'd even take a strong recurring role like in the first season if they give him quality screen-time then.

It's not a secret that A LOT of lines and screen-time he had while being officially labelled a main character, were not even half-hearted attempts to give him something decent. For the most part, the wonderful character of Beckett was under-utilized and wasted in cameo spots for minor B- or C-plots. I give Paul McGillion's passionate performance and acting skills the credit for being able to give the character depths in spite of being mostly ignored or given only half a thought by writers.

Especially season three with only 13 out of 20 episodes was a slap in the face for a supposedly regular of the show. 'Condemned' or 'Trinity' anyone? Those were two adjacent episodes, and Beckett never appeared or was mentioned in 'Condemned' and had a ridiculously wasted cameo in 'Trinity'. After having heard of Paul McGillion's promotion to main cast, I went to rent the DVD with 'Condemned' and 'Trinity' to see how much they had extended the role of Carson Beckett for this. No need to tell you that my jaw dropped abysmally watching these episodes. They were good episodes, no doubt, but I was massively disappointed after that. (You know what I thought was most ridiculous about it: Until and including 'Duet', in which Paul McGillion was part of the main plot, they used the old credits of season one without him. So 'Condemned' and 'Trinity' were the first eps PM appeared in the credits but was not to be seen except for one unimportant scene in the second episode... tsk!) And it clearly shows that promoting someone out of a hunch because they are fan-favourites just doesn't work if they don't change their way of thinking about that particular character and really do integrate him more thoroughly.

I've already sent in three SCB letters today, and I will not stop until they sign Paul McGillion on for season five. Joe Mallozzi has always treated us, the campaign, with respect and we have done more than our fair share of support and promotion. I'm positive that both sides win if they bring Carson back for the fifth season.

Now, PTP, you have this one chance to do the right thing, don't waste the opportunity!

Jenner8675309
October 24th, 2007, 07:19 PM
^

Amen my sista!!!

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!

And keep an eye out for any campaign updates, cause it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

the fifth man
October 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM
I sure hope we get at least a little bit of Beckett in Season 5. I'm sure they could fit him into an episode or two, at least.

the fifth man
October 24th, 2007, 07:29 PM
As much as I want to see SuperFord again I doubt it will happen. But we can always hope. BTW I'd love to see a Ronon/Superford battle.

I'd love to see Ford pop up again too. To at least give his story a proper ending, one way or the other. Sadly though, my hopes aren't that high it'll happen. I just think that TPTB have other things in mind.

twinchaosblade
October 24th, 2007, 07:33 PM
As much as I'd love to see him back full time only if they can find a way to accomidate both Carson and Keller.

I actually think that having both of them on the show would be great and also convincing. To my mind Keller would make a wonderful progeny to Carson. There is absolutely no need to dump either of the two. The writers just have to get their wits together and integrate both characters. I think there is plenty of room for two doctors. Why not have Keller actually learn something from Beckett. I think he would be a fantastic mentor. And to be honest, the character of Keller could use one (no offense).

We must also keep in mind that depending on the way they want to bring Beckett back into the show that maybe he's not willing or able to retake his position as CMO but has to look for other ways of finding a place among the expedition again. And having him get back to normal without any repercussions for the character (like one day he returns and the very next day he assumes his duties again, acting like he hadn't been away for at least a year) would simply be LAME. There has to be some kind of development. This of course doesn't mean he can't be an important part of the team.

I certainly don't want them to boot Jewel Staite but if it was an either or decision I'd choose Beckett over Keller any day because they shouldn't have axed both the character and actor so mercilessly in the first place. Therefore my predominant loyalty lies with Carson.

But it's not only that, in my humble opinion Beckett was the better character, not a stereotype and "usual" genius. Carson Beckett has caught my attention (and not from a female point of view) within mere seconds. He was a wonderful, original character, especially for a male. It was really a refreshing difference to the more often than not average and stereotypical characters one comes across on TV. This, plus Paul McGillions's heartwarming performance, was what won Beckett so many fans. And I simply don't think the character of Keller is filling the shoes of her predecessor, much less would be considered an improvement. What I have seen of her so far, hasn't impressed me and definitely not caught my attention. Maybe her character will develop further and I actually start to really care for her but this hasn't happed up to now. As I mentioned in some other threads before, TPTB should have had the decency to make Keller a really unique character of her own by being refreshingly different from Carson. Leaving aside her insecurity, which clearly bothers me because they wouldn't have appointed her CMO if she wasn't able to get over that, Keller is mostly just a shadow of Beckett's character. I think Ms. Staite is simply misused to attract more viewers through her outward appearance and the fact that she is of roughly the same age as their most valued audience, which is IMO very unfair to Jewel Staite as well.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM
They could easily do that, similar to how Zelenka and Mckay are both major scientists.

erb
October 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM
^

Amen my sista!!!

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!

And keep an eye out for any campaign updates, cause it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Amen sistas! I'm so very proud of your intelligence, passion, determination, loyalty, and hard work. Paul McGillion couldn't ask for better fans.

And I know we feel we couldn't ask for a character more worthy of being the focus of those qualities than Carson Beckett. A person we'd all wish to have as a friend.

GateMan2000
October 24th, 2007, 09:25 PM
This is the thread for those who us who would really like to see Daniel in Season 5!

Discuss away!!!

GateMan2000
October 24th, 2007, 09:26 PM
This is the thread for those who us who would really like to see Teal'c in Season 5!

Discuss away!!!

GateMan2000
October 24th, 2007, 09:26 PM
This is the thread for those who us who would really like to see Jack in Season 5!

Discuss away!!!

PG15
October 24th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Awww, and I wanted to create the parody threads. :p

AutumnDream
October 24th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Wow. Really desperate to make a popular thread, eh? ;)

Oranos
October 24th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'd love to see Ford back again. I believe Aiden and Ronon have a fight to finish. :cool:

AutumnDream
October 24th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Ford was rad. More please.

PhatChance
October 24th, 2007, 11:19 PM

Carson coming back will have found a new journey hopefully and leave that med lab stuff to tend in Keller's hand.

It will be an arc of it own. That'd be wicked cool. Having seen the universe the last year.

And NO I do not want Beckett return only to stuck in that lab for C plot. A new A plot and arc must serve as the reason for his return and it must evolve through the series.

Jeff O'Connor
October 25th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Has anyone in the production team said anything whatsoever about the possibility of bringing Ford back for an episode or two within the past year, even? I was absent from updates and literally missed the third season of Atlantis/tenth season of SG-1 (have a lot of catching-up to do, there) so I don't know the deal. Any news at all?

I'd really love to see him back, if only for, like, the first few episodes, or the mid-season two-parter for the fifth year, or whatever.

Jeff O'Connor
October 25th, 2007, 12:51 AM
twinchaosblade, that was incredibly moving.

If TPTB don't bring our beloved Scot back on some level for the fifth season after that kind of power talk, there's something frakking wrong with them.

Skydiver
October 25th, 2007, 05:32 AM
This whole multiple thread stuff has gotten beyond out of hand. This thread is for ALL those folks you want to see in season five. Except for Carter and Keller...those two characters are such a hot button issue, they have thier own threads.

FOR THE TIME BEING Weir has her own thread, but this is for all those recurring/minor characters you'd like to see in season five

Jenner8675309
October 25th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Hey, who changed this thread??? It was PRO BECKETT in S5! I am indifferent to the other changes. I'm not to keen that my opinions and the others who posted in that thread have now been associated with this. If I had an opinion on Weir, Carter and Keller I would have said it.

Carson was a regular character and deserves his own thread. Not to mention there is actually a chance of it happening.

Jenner8675309
October 25th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Mods: PLEASE do not close or merge this thread.

Dr. Carson Beckett was a regular cast member who many would like to be reinstated. This is not a Keller issue, but a Beckett issue!!! Joe Mallozzi has stated that his return will be "our Carson" and that the door to his return will be left open for more. With "The Kindred I & II" airing as eps. 18 & 19 and with The Last Man (finale) being confirmed as "dovetail" to the Kindred, it is entire plausible and possible for our Dr.'s return. His return and Keller's ousting are not one in the same.

EDIT: Well thanks for not merging my new thread. Anyone else care to back me up on my argument. Pro Beckett in S5 is a valid thread.

ussrelativity
October 25th, 2007, 08:16 AM
What I really want is to see Ford back.

Falcon Horus
October 25th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I want to see Ford back and I would like it if they finished his storyline. At least let us find out if he survived that Wraith ship that went boom.
Could be some interesting storytelling.

I'd like to see Beckett in some capacity, but not at the cost of loosing Keller cause I like her too.

Weir has her own thread...

If there's a possibility, and I don't really care how TPTB spin it, I'd like to see Heightmeyer again.

ussrelativity
October 25th, 2007, 09:23 AM
With regards to Heightmeyer, probably an AU storyline or something else.

Falcon Horus
October 25th, 2007, 09:33 AM
With regards to Heightmeyer, probably an AU storyline or something else.

As I said I don't care. If they can bring Beckett back, who went boom, then they can easily do the same with Kate. :D

twinchaosblade
October 25th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Hey, who changed this thread??? It was PRO BECKETT in S5! I am indifferent to the other changes. I'm not to keen that my opinions and the others who posted in that thread have now been associated with this. If I had an opinion on Weir, Carter and Keller I would have said it.

Carson was a regular character and deserves his own thread. Not to mention there is actually a chance of it happening.

Mods: PLEASE do not close or merge this thread.

Dr. Carson Beckett was a regular cast member who many would like to be reinstated. This is not a Keller issue, but a Beckett issue!!! Joe Mallozzi has stated that his return will be "our Carson" and that the door to his return will be left open for more. With "The Kindred I & II" airing as eps. 18 & 19 and with The Last Man (finale) being confirmed as "dovetail" to the Kindred, it is entire plausible and possible for our Dr.'s return. His return and Keller's ousting are not one in the same.

EDIT: Well thanks for not merging my new thread. Anyone else care to back me up on my argument. Pro Beckett in S5 is a valid thread.

I'm right beside you, Jenner!
I mean WTF? I was positively shocked to find THIS thread under my suscriptions. I too think that Beckett coming back in season five is a VERY valid argument and discussion. Plus, as Jenner already pointed out, Carson has been a regular character and is in no way minor or recurring.

Furthermore, I have nothing to do with the other characters that are promoted here and this way it's simply extremely confusing.

And thank you very much for spoiling Kate's death for me! :beckettanime12: This what happens when threads are merged that have nothing in common.

Just as I agree that Elizabeth Weir deserves to have her own thread to promote her return, Carson Beckett deserves the same. He has never been a minor or irrelevant character, so he shouldn't be treated like one by letting this thread be merged with so many others.

Should this thread not be made its own thread again, I won't post in here again. I'm not PRO or ANTI any other character but Beckett. And this here is ridiculous for everybody!

Kanetsidohi
October 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM
We have this saying "There's no deceiving in asking," so:

1. Zelenka. More of Zelenka. Lots and lots of him. There would never be enough of Geeky-Yummy! :D

2. Bates. Hard-headed, sometimes brute military man but I loved him. :)

3. Ford. In season 1 he was this sweet young boy, even being a marine, and he was impressive as the crazy junkie of season 2.

4. Beckett. I missed him a lot! The brogue. The sweetness. The contradictions!!! Even better if he gets back with Cadman. I can't care less about Keller.

5. The original, bad to the bone, Wraith!!!

6. Cadman. She was fun and her relationship with Rodney and Carson was great to watch.

7. Michael. Katie Brown. The Hoffans!

erb
October 25th, 2007, 06:29 PM
We have this saying "There's no deceiving in asking," so:

1. Zelenka. More of Zelenka. Lots and lots of him. There would never be enough of Geeky-Yummy! :D

2. Bates. Hard-headed, sometimes brute military man but I loved him. :)

3. Ford. In season 1 he was this sweet young boy, even being a marine, and he was impressive as the crazy junkie of season 2.

4. Beckett. I missed him a lot! The brogue. The sweetness. The contradictions!!! Even better if he gets back with Cadman. I can't care less about Keller.

5. The original, bad to the bone, Wraith!!!

6. Cadman. She was fun and her relationship with Rodney and Carson was great to watch.

7. Michael. Katie Brown. The Hoffans!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I think you and I could be great friends!

1. Zelenka. He is so fun to watch.

2. Bates. I loved the tension he provided amongst the characters and can't believe he was just dropped from sight. Head of security should be a hardass and mistrusting.

3. Ford. I miss the boyish enthusiasm.

4. Carson. The reason I didn't want to miss an episode.

5. More wraith.

6. Cadman. Interesting as well as cute.

7. Michael. A character who will make us question our actions. And I like Katie too.

:):):)

blue-skyz
October 25th, 2007, 08:44 PM
If Larrin lives up to the previews, I think she and the rag, tag scavengers she travels with would be very interesting to have around frequently in season 5.

More non-primitive people please. More Genii. Kolya!

Jedi Knight Cameron Mitchell
October 28th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I'd like to see Heightmeyer again.

Yeah I agree IMO it was unfair that she got killed, she deserves to stay longer

we need to start a petition to save Kate Heightmeyer

Falcon Horus
October 28th, 2007, 04:15 PM
we need to start a petition to save Kate Heightmeyer

Mmm....might be a very short petition. :) (I'm afraid)

JennyJ
October 28th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I want Carson back!!!!!!!

And besides, I'd be very happy for a crossover with Mitchell - he must be so good with Shep :D