This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate (Filter?)

I dont know if this is already answerd or if they explain it in any episode i never watched. I got to things i wonder.
    1. When they dail space from a planet.
    The presshure in space is zero so shouldnt the stargate suck out the air from the planet when a gate in space is dailed.

2. In one epsiode Russia dails an underwater gate. Why didnt it drown earth with the living water. And. They got a sample trough but the high presshure of the entire ocean wont be pushed through the stargate.

I just dont get it.
    Puddle Jumpers

The stargate is able to detect when something is trying to pass through it or not.

From watergate:
    DM: We had to push the engines a little harder to get through the gate, but I suspected it was a countermeasure intended to keep the water from flowing through the gate.

SAM: It's possible. My research indicated that the gate actually has the ability to measure density & molecular structure and the force being exerted on the event horizon to determine whether something is trying to pass through.

Comment

a convenient truth, more likely a plot idea that is binding to the rest of the shows, better still, to save money on the FX budget by not having water comming crashing through the gate.
      sigpic
      In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Of course it is a Plot Device to prevent that. But it works well and the Ancients are intelligent, of course that would be a thought in its design.
        Disliked a recent episode?
        Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
        The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

For your point 1:

If you're meaning a SpaceGate being dialled, not being dialled to, then the receiving world wouldn't get the vacuum of space, as there is no movement of the vacuum. If you're talking about a SpaceGate being dialled to however, air, or the lack of it would be particles, and a particle can't travel through a wormhole that isn't going in their direction(incoming/outgoing.)

The "water" in the Watergate episode wasn't really water, more like an entity that resembled it.

I don't see much logic in your questions though....

Comment

well air seems to be one of those things that doesn't pass through a gate, like light. It very easily could've been built in as a feature of the gate. As for the water, I think it's as one of the above posters described.
            Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
            Check out my Flickr

Comment

Well the gate was designed to be versatile...i mean i can work in a blackhole, whats space or water to it?
              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
              Anime signature in spoiler tag
              Spoiler:
              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Working...
              X