the only reason it got season 5 was so the powers that be could make more
money in syndication... and the sci fi channels got nothing else to show

its certainly not because of the ratings
and its certainly not because its a good show anymore
its gone so far down hill

its lost its integrity

elbo
October 24th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Yes, i have some complaints about S5, but i don't want to go into details to spoil the show for people who didn't saw the first episodes yet.

Anyway, in S5 Epx02

Daedalus is destroyed by an asteroid.

kiwigater
October 24th, 2007, 01:42 AM
um, season 5 hasn't been scripted yet, let alone filmed or aired. Did you mean s4 which is airing now?

Also, this has been specified as an ANTI s5 thread - please keep it on topic. I've already had to delete half the thread, which doesn't bode well...

Reefgirl
October 24th, 2007, 01:42 AM
They're renewing it after 4 lackluster episodes, what are TPTB on and can I have some or is it only avaliable on prescription

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Yeah, count me in!

So, Paris, I take it you're not leaving GW just yet?

Let's continue the happy anti-movement!! :D

stclare
October 24th, 2007, 03:12 AM
my anti season 5'ness will depend on what the cast is for that season and how the rest of season 4 goes. :cool:

dana
October 24th, 2007, 03:21 AM
*joins anti-s5 movement*

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2007, 03:29 AM
my anti season 5'ness will depend on what the cast is for that season and how the rest of season 4 goes. :cool:

There's already one cast-member not coming back, so yes, I'm anti-season 5. And I'm pretty sure you can add another one to the list and maybe even two...and who else they decide to whack in the remainder of season 4.

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 03:33 AM
I'm here as well!!!

Anti all the way... this crappy show, crappy TPTB, certain crappy characters.... none of TPTB have said anything of bringing back all the great characters they ruined but have indicated that a certain horrible one will be back. What's to be happy about then?

So, the ratings are just above 1.0 at the beginning of s4, wonder what they'll be like in s5... 0.0004? LOL

dana
October 24th, 2007, 03:39 AM
If certain changes didn't happen before s4, I'd be happy for the renewal. Now, I don't really care. I think SGA s4 & s5 = SG-1 s9 & s10. I hope, for the sake of some of my friends, that Carter won't return in s5. Wishful thinking much? ;)

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2007, 03:43 AM
If certain changes didn't happen before s4, I'd be happy for the renewal. Now, I don't really care. I think SGA s4 & s5 = SG-1 s9 & s10. I hope, for the sake of some of my friends, that Carter won't return in s5. Wishful thinking much? ;)

I wasn't fond of season 9, other than the first 5 episodes. And I loved season 10 (except for 1 episode)... Thank you Vala/CB for that.

Maybe who knows (wishful thinking I know) season 5 might be likeable... big might here.

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Same here, I'd be happily posting in the pro thread if it weren't for the cast changes and some other stuff...

dana
October 24th, 2007, 03:48 AM
I wasn't fond of season 9, other than the first 5 episodes. And I loved season 10 (except for 1 episode)... Thank you Vala/CB for that.

Maybe who knows (wishful thinking I know) season 5 might be likeable... big might here.

Might is the correct word. I'm not holding my breath though. ;)

I think (am sure) that Elizabeth won't be in s5. Why not? Was Ford in season 3? ;)

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2007, 03:49 AM
I think (am sure) that Elizabeth won't be in s5. Why not? Was Ford in season 3? ;)

Good point!

P-90_177
October 24th, 2007, 04:04 AM
There's already one cast-member not coming back, so yes, I'm anti-season 5. And I'm pretty sure you can add another one to the list and maybe even two...and who else they decide to whack in the remainder of season 4.

do you mean weir? or is someone else not going to be back?

dana
October 24th, 2007, 04:11 AM

I think she means the person whose demise we could see in Doppelganger. ;)

justhere1971
October 24th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Same here, I'd be happily posting in the pro thread if it weren't for the cast changes and some other stuff...

I agree with you.

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Now they have one more season to kill off SGA characters or mess them up and bring over SG-1 ones. Parrrrtyyyy for tptb!

justhere1971
October 24th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Might is the correct word. I'm not holding my breath though. ;)

*fingers in my ears* singing La-la-la Can't hear Dana! ;)

In my world of delusion, there's still a chance of Weir in S5. :S

justhere1971
October 24th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Now they have one more season to kill off SGA characters or mess them up and bring over SG-1 ones. Parrrrtyyyy for tptb!

Let's predict who will go next? My vote is Ronon.

silkie
October 24th, 2007, 04:39 AM

Teyla - she dies giving birth...

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Could be him... or Teyla? She's useless. I hope John doesn't go... McKay is safe, that's for sure.

silkie
October 24th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Could be him... or Teyla? She's useless. I hope John doesn't go... McKay is safe, that's for sure.

And Carter's safe too...

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 04:41 AM
That could happen but don't you think that that would be a too believable, realistic death for TPTB? They work with exploding tumors and dying while dreaming, remember? LOL

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 04:43 AM
And Carter's safe too...
I was only talking about SGA characters, Carter isn't that for me. ;) But that would be one death I'd be happy about!

silkie
October 24th, 2007, 04:47 AM
That could happen but don't you think that that would be a too believable, realistic death for TPTB? They work with exploding tumors and dying while dreaming, remember? LOL

Well, maybe an exploding baby then... :D

I was only talking about SGA characters, Carter isn't that for me. ;) But that would be one death I'd be happy about!

I don't wish her dead only to go to Washington to tend to her hubby :jack:

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 04:52 AM
haha that would be more TPTB-like. ;P

I don't wish her dead only to go to Washington to tend to her hubby :jack:
It doesn't matter to me, really, as long as she isn't on Atlantis.

alyssa
October 24th, 2007, 04:52 AM

Well, Jason did shave his head. It's apparently been confirmed by his mother. I don't know about you, but I don't see Ronon going bald....

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2007, 04:59 AM

No! *points downward*

I think she means the person whose demise we could see in Doppelganger. ;)

Exactly the one I meant. I was always looking forward of maybe catching a glimpse from her again in a nice story and preferably in relation to Teyla (but that was optional), but TPTB killed that spark.

prion
October 24th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Well, Jason did shave his head. It's apparently been confirmed by his mother. I don't know about you, but I don't see Ronon going bald....

One word: hairpiece. Yes, if Rachel can do, so can Jason!

This reminds me a lot of ANDROMEDA when Tyr (sp) went from dreadlocks to real short. The thing is, after four years of dreadlocks, if not more, it might have gotten to the point he needed to start over. I mean, keep hair braided like that constantly ain't good for it.

But wow, putting hands to eyes, can't envision Ronon without the dreads, heck, without hair!

Reefgirl
October 24th, 2007, 05:03 AM
I think Teyla will be the next to go, all she is now is decoration

If Sheppard bites the dust I might start watching again

alyssa
October 24th, 2007, 05:05 AM
But wow, putting hands to eyes, can't envision Ronon without the dreads

They look rancid IMO. I don't understand how anyone can want to have hair like that!

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Anti for one more year? I'm not sure if I can do it, but hey, let's give it a try. It's a worthy cause. ;)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117974591.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

"'Atlantis' truly came out from under the shadow of its sister series this year and proved that it's a hit in its own right," said Sci Fi's Mark Stern, exec veep of original programming. The show's predecessor, "Stargate SG-1," ran for 10 seasons on Sci Fi before completing its run last year.

Heh, what the heck is Mr. Stern drinking? :D

FoolishPleasure
October 24th, 2007, 05:45 AM
I haven't bonded with season 4, and only watched one episode "live" so far (saw these other ways at later times). Can't say I'll be anti-5 because I probably won't even be watching. *shrug*

prion
October 24th, 2007, 06:11 AM
They look rancid IMO. I don't understand how anyone can want to have hair like that!

Well, dreads are, according to one site, 'suspectible to breakage and lint'. Lint? Like in the dryer? But I just see dreads and think, gawd, think how many deer ticks can get in there. I come from Lyme Disease country so long hair equals tick condos in my eyes ;)

I saw him in one movie with his hair non-dreaded and long and wooh boy, ah, NICE.

but I'm OT so I'll go now.

Suzotchka
October 24th, 2007, 06:13 AM
WHOO! A S5 anti thread! I think we need furniture... :P

FoolishPleasure
October 24th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Do you think we should ask the mods for a poll?

"Who will TPTB kill off in season 5?"

Sheppard
McKay
Carter
Teyla
Ronon
Keller
Zelenka
Lorne
Chuck
Other

Edit: Maybe we should have a poll for who we WANT to see killed off in season 5. *LOL*

dana
October 24th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Or who will TPTB NOT kill in s5? ;)

Skydiver
October 24th, 2007, 06:35 AM
There will be no endless warnings here.

Folks, LEAVE THE ANTI"S ALONE

This is their sanctuary to complain to their hearts content. You don't have to agree with them, but you DO have to respect them.

Don't troll this thread.

if you don't agree with them, go play elsewhere

Skydiver
October 24th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Do you think we should ask the mods for a poll?

"Who will TPTB kill off in season 5?"

Sheppard
McKay
Carter
Teyla
Ronon
Keller
Zelenka
Lorne
Chuck
Other

Edit: Maybe we should have a poll for who we WANT to see killed off in season 5. *LOL*
we can make a poll for who you think will be the next to go. Although, personally, i'm not crazy about 'who we want to kill' as a topic. The whole killing thing really makes me uncomfortable. Write out, get rid of, go away, those things are okay. but the whole killing thing kinda makes my skin crawl

FoolishPleasure
October 24th, 2007, 06:39 AM

Its Keller's influence. She's cleaning him up - tru wuv, don't ya know. :mckay:

FoolishPleasure
October 24th, 2007, 06:41 AM
we can make a poll for who you think will be the next to go. Although, personally, i'm not crazy about 'who we want to kill' as a topic. The whole killing thing really makes me uncomfortable. Write out, get rid of, go away, those things are okay. but the whole killing thing kinda makes my skin crawl

You are right. It probably should read, "Who do you think TPTB will write out in season 5?"

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 06:43 AM

Ronan is Ken now:

Aqua - Barbie Girl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEzh10_xoqw)

:S

alyssa
October 24th, 2007, 06:45 AM

He has to turn into Ronon College Boy so he can be with the cute cheerleader girl.

parisindy
October 24th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Yeah, count me in!

So, Paris, I take it you're not leaving GW just yet?

jury's still out ;)

I'm here as well!!!

Anti all the way... this crappy show, crappy TPTB, certain crappy characters.... none of TPTB have said anything of bringing back all the great characters they ruined but have indicated that a certain horrible one will be back. What's to be happy about then?

So, the ratings are just above 1.0 at the beginning of s4, wonder what they'll be like in s5... 0.0004? LOL

LOL!

that would be awesome!

agreed!

LOL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One word: hairpiece. Yes, if Rachel can do, so can Jason!

This reminds me a lot of ANDROMEDA when Tyr (sp) went from dreadlocks to real short. The thing is, after four years of dreadlocks, if not more, it might have gotten to the point he needed to start over. I mean, keep hair braided like that constantly ain't good for it.

But wow, putting hands to eyes, can't envision Ronon without the dreads, heck, without hair!

GAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

GAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 07:25 AM
So, ya think MGM had to make too many concessions to get s5, or Skiffy was so desperate for "original" programming (writers' strike etc.) that they were forced to renew SGA?

This particular article caught my attention yesterday:

http://www.syfyportal.com/news424341.html

Landers
October 24th, 2007, 07:28 AM
I hope TPTB don't take season 5 as an opportunity to bring more SG1 characters to SGA. JM has talked about how nice it would be to have Daniel come over, or RDA. That isn't right. This isn't SG1 and I don't even want to see SG1 crossover guest appearances. I don't like that Keller doctor either, but I don't think she is going anywhere.

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Anti for one more year? I'm not sure if I can do it, but hey, let's give it a try. It's a worthy cause. ;)

"'Atlantis' truly came out from under the shadow of its sister series this year and proved that it's a hit in its own right," said Sci Fi's Mark Stern, exec veep of original programming. The show's predecessor, "Stargate SG-1," ran for 10 seasons on Sci Fi before completing its run last year.

A very good question indeed. ;) That is in no way true. You can understand the guy, he has to spin it somehow, what is he supposed to say really? He's in a very tough position here, this show has no legitimate grounds for being renewed, are ratings that good? I don't think so and ratings should play a part in deciding whether to renew or cancel a show. He can't just come out and say that all their programming sucks so much (just as much) that they can't afford not to renew it.

I haven't bonded with season 4, and only watched one episode "live" so far (saw these other ways at later times). Can't say I'll be anti-5 because I probably won't even be watching. *shrug*
I'm watching the Torri episodes only and I'm capable of being anti. I won't be watching s5 either if there is no Torri.

So, ya think MGM had to make too many concessions to get s5, or Skiffy was so desperate for "original" programming (writers' strike etc.) that they were forced to renew SGA?

'Forced', yes, that's the key word. :S

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 08:37 AM
A very good question indeed. ;) That is in no way true. You can understand the guy, he has to spin it somehow, what is he supposed to say really? He's in a very tough position here, this show has no legitimate grounds for being renewed, are ratings that good? I don't think so and ratings should play a part in deciding whether to renew or cancel a show. He can't just come out and say that all their programming sucks so much (just as much) that they can't afford not to renew it.

Oh, but the best is yet to come. Let's see how JM & Co. spin it. :D

ses110
October 24th, 2007, 08:48 AM
A season 5 was in the bag from the start. TPTB want to get to 100 eps just like they wanted to get to 200 for SG-1. The season just started and the ratings not good and the show gets renewed?

ToasterOnFire
October 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Since it's so early for this thread IMO, I may pop in here later (read: months and months later) to post my irks when we know more about s5. I may not though, I might not be as active in the fandom when the new season rolls around. :)

One thing is pretty clear though, TPTB aren't going to have a massive shakedown in terms of changing showrunners or adding writers. So if I haven't been pleased with their "creative decisions" then I don't see things changing substantially in s5.

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Oh, but the best is yet to come. Let's see how JM & Co. spin it. :D
Especially they don't have much to celebrate if they care about the show at all, they know all the circumstances in which the renewal happened, it wasn't because of any high ratings, it wasn't because of the quality writing... they can only celebrate the new paychecks that will be arriving with the new season. I guess it's all that matters to them. Certainly not the quality of the show because without Weir and Carson and turning it into SG-1 it sucks.

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Hey, is Variety the only news outlet reporting SGA's renewal? Still nothing on Sci Fi Wire or GW. :beckettanime14:

Briangate78
October 24th, 2007, 09:10 AM

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but if you read what Mark Stern said. SGA 's 4th season has averaged 1.8 million viewers vs the 1.3 million viewer average for their primetime slots. Remember when they announced the premiere, it only had 1.7 million viewers? DVR was finally factored into the equation and the networks are looking at that number since the C3 report shows that cable networks don't have too many people FF through the commercials. So in the end SGA has been averaging truthfully about a 1.3 to 1.4! The top show for the network is averaging a 1.4 and that is Ghost Hunters at the moment. So was just answering your question to why it was renewed. Not being Pro or Anti. :)

Celcool
October 24th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Hey, is Variety the only news outlet reporting SGA's renewal? Still nothing on Sci Fi Wire or GW. :beckettanime14:
Nothing on Sci Fi Wire? Maybe they're having second thoughts. LOL

nowvoyager908
October 24th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Ooooh, goodie . . . a new place to play in. LOL.

Okay so now we know that SGA is being graded on a curve. As I've said before (just a few hours ago actually), when you aim low enough, you are sure to meet your goals.

What do you think will be the next low point to celebrate? A less than 1.0 rating? Adding yet another SG1 character to RepliAtlantis? Or perhaps the elimination of another SGA original either by death or fording (which is worse than death if you ask me). And I am not referring to Elizabeth, who's fate is still to be revealed.

Or maybe they'll dig really deep and sign a cast member from yet another canceled sci fi show. My vote is Bill Mumy - you'll get both the Lost in Space and B5 crowds. Or maybe they can get that Tardis thingy from Dr. Who to pay a crossover visit. The ratings will go through the roof. :eek:

Oh, the possibilities. ;)

dana
October 24th, 2007, 09:27 AM

Maybe it's a spoof and it's actually opposite? :D

Briangate78
October 24th, 2007, 09:33 AM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=44970

Ruined_puzzle
October 24th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Question peeps. Can Scifi cancel the order of s5 if the ratings are really really low. Like Painkiller Jane low. I know network shows cancel new shows after just 3 episodes sometimes if the ratings are bad. Can they do that with SGA?

dana
October 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Hmmm, I don't see why they couldn't.

Reefgirl
October 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Now, what do I fill the Sky+ box with now I won't be setting it for Atlantis

New Top Gear (Always assuming Richard Hammond doesn't maim himself, again)
Old Top Gear (Watching Jeremy Clarkson set fire to a caravan is always fun to watch)
Endless repeats of M*A*S*H (Only the ones with Frank Burns tho)
Jasper Carrott (Especially when he jams with Tony Iommi)
New Torchwood (It can't be worse than old Torchwood)
I'd even watch EastEnders if I was desperate enough

But then I could always knit myself a new jumper whilst listening to the radio

dana
October 24th, 2007, 10:01 AM
*snip*
But then I could always knit myself a new jumper whilst listening to the radio

:lol:

I don't knit, so either I'd make some artwork, read a book, write fanfic and such. :D

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Maybe it's a spoof and it's actually opposite? :D

Nope, this is spoof:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6009/spoofoz8.png (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=44970)

Question peeps. Can Scifi cancel the order of s5 if the ratings are really really low. Like Painkiller Jane low. I know network shows cancel new shows after just 3 episodes sometimes if the ratings are bad. Can they do that with SGA?

Apparently, Skiffy has nothing else to air, but I guess anything is possible, especially if SGA dives bellow 1.0.

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2007, 10:08 AM

I'd say absynthe or something. And he's definitely smoking something illegal as well.

MediaSavant
October 24th, 2007, 10:10 AM

They can. Most of these contracts have out clauses.

SciFi renewed Farscape for two years. There was a big announcement about it going into their Season 4. But, before the 2nd year would have started, they used an out clause and canceled it. Fans were stunned and never saw it coming.

Witness these recent announcements from Hollywood Reporter regarding other shows:

Production on Fox's midseason drama "New Amsterdam" has been shut down indefinitely.

With seven episodes of supernatural drama in the can, the network's executives have decided to take a look and decide whether to order additional segments, something considered unlikely.

This follows Fox's decision Friday to cut the order for midseason comedy "The Return of Jezebel James" from 13 to 7. (HR 10/15)

Out clause.

ToasterOnFire
October 24th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Ooooh, goodie . . . a new place to play in. LOL.
Hee, who's moving over the couches? :D ;)

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Hee, who's moving over the couches? :D ;)

We get new ones, damn it! Off to Ikea to shop! :p

dana
October 24th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Anti s5 couch #1.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/samjack_girl/68110_PE182194_S4.jpg

:D

ToasterOnFire
October 24th, 2007, 10:25 AM
That should be a tagline!

New Season.
New Anti Thread.
New Couches.

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 10:31 AM
This one is cool too. What do you think?

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7167/couchii8.jpg

New Season.
New Anti Thread.
New Couches.

And same complaints. :D

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Oh look at the pwetty couches!! :D

parisindy
October 24th, 2007, 10:36 AM

Oh wow thats brilliant! but its faux leather right ;)
we don't need anymore death in our atlantis...
a few disapperances though of select characters would be good lol

dana
October 24th, 2007, 10:38 AM

That's a cool one! Though I'm not too fond of leather. Especially in summer. ;)

parisindy
October 24th, 2007, 10:38 AM
They can. Most of these contracts have out clauses.

SciFi renewed Farscape for two years. There was a big announcement about it going into their Season 4. But, before the 2nd year would have started, they used an out clause and canceled it. Fans were stunned and never saw it coming.

Witness these recent announcements from Hollywood Reporter regarding other shows:

Out clause.

okay what! thats not the show 'Supernatural' is it!? *wheeze*

kimaken
October 24th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Oh look at the pwetty couches!! :D

Wow! I call dibs on one of the recliner sections! Of course, I realize that IF Carson is brought back full time as the CMO, where he rightfully belongs, I may have to give up my cushy seat for the ottoman or a floor pillow.

FoolishPleasure
October 24th, 2007, 10:42 AM

Oooh, I like the recliners. Get your feet up, and have a glass of wine. We could have Wine and Whine meetings! ;)

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but if you read what Mark Stern said. SGA 's 4th season has averaged 1.8 million viewers vs the 1.3 million viewer average for their primetime slots.

Don't forget - Skiffy's other prime time slots have completely tanked. Trash Gordon, Pain-in-the-neck Jane, StupidHero. Fridays used to be Skiffy's highest night for ratings, now its one of their worst. Tuesday's Eureka is #1 on their roster - pulling 1.7ish ratings and was the only show to surpass ECW. So, yes - SGA's 1.1 DOES look good compared to Trash and Jane ratings of .7. SGA's numbers are still crummy, no matter how Stern and Hammer try to spin it.

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Oh wow thats brilliant! but its faux leather right ;)
we don't need anymore death in our atlantis...
a few disapperances though of select characters would be good lol

I hope so. If it's not faux leather, we'll just ditch the freaking couch. :D

ToasterOnFire
October 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Oooh, I like the recliners. Get your feet up, and have a glass of wine. We could have Wine and Whine meetings! ;)
And I'm sure SGA will supply plenty of cheese!! :D

ses110
October 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Well said. It should be no surprise to anyone Atlantis was picked up. IMO it was a done deal. The ratings had to have been record low's for the show not to get picked up.

justhere1971
October 24th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I will be hanging out in both pro & anti S5 thread. Just so you all know. I think you all know my feelings.

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I will be hanging out in both pro & anti S5 thread. Just so you all know. I think you all know my feelings.

I tried that for season 4, not an experience I want to repeat any time soon.

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Cool! You'll be our very own anti-spy. :D

kirmit
October 24th, 2007, 12:16 PM
So SG-1 has a brilliant 10th season with alright ratings, plenty more story to tell and gets canned yet Atlantis has a mediocre start and worse ratings yet gets renewel, what a messed up world. In it's current state Atlantis makes alright viewing for me, not brilliant and certainly not good enough for another season. However that said the next episode looks good so I'm with holding my judgement.

Erised
October 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Not watching!

mcbarr
October 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM
So SG-1 has a brilliant 10th season with alright ratings, plenty more story to tell and gets canned yet Atlantis has a mediocre start and worse ratings yet gets renewel, what a messed up world. In it's current state Atlantis makes alright viewing for me, not brilliant and certainly not good enough for another season. However that said the next episode looks good so I'm with holding my judgement.

I don't think season 10 of SG-1 was brilliant, but I see your point.

Briangate78
October 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM

Don't forget - Skiffy's other prime time slots have completely tanked. Trash Gordon, Pain-in-the-neck Jane, StupidHero. Fridays used to be Skiffy's highest night for ratings, now its one of their worst. Tuesday's Eureka is #1 on their roster - pulling 1.7ish ratings and was the only show to surpass ECW. So, yes - SGA's 1.1 DOES look good compared to Trash and Jane ratings of .7. SGA's numbers are still crummy, no matter how Stern and Hammer try to spin it.

Well unlike Flash and PKJ, SGA has a very high DVR Bleedoff. Adrift lost well over 300,000 of it's live viewers, so did "Lifeline"! In the final number Adrift got about a 1.5 after the (Live +7) and Lifeline probably got about a 1.3 if the trend continued! When the top show barely makes it over a 1.5, something is not right. A 1.1 or 1.2 or are no longer crummy ratings. I would not even look at the live ratings anymore. The entire TV industry is being affected by as much as 20%. SGA is being affected about 15%+.

BTW, I laughed out loud for your renamed shows! "Pain in the neck" :D

Vale_Sg1
October 24th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Guys, I turn my head for a couple of hours to pack my suitcase and I find 5 pages worth of anti-S5 rants to read!! You're worse than the fruitcakes!!! *luffs the fruitcakes*

DVR? Again? My eyes twitch when I see the word. I might just get violent.:mckayanime07:

I tried that for season 4, not an experience I want to repeat any time soon.

I can't even fathom how ugly it must have been. I'd tell you something funny about my experience on the anti-S10 thread, but the mods are in a <snip>py mood today.

Irish Eyes
October 24th, 2007, 10:15 PM

New Season.
New Anti Thread.
New Couches.

okay what! thats not the show 'Supernatural' is it!? *wheeze*

Breath Paris! They're talking about New Amsterdam. Our beloved Winchesters are just fine. :)

parisindy
October 24th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Breath Paris! They're talking about New Amsterdam. Our beloved Winchesters are just fine. :)

Oh thank goodness! way to give a girl a heart attack!

never heard of new Amsterdam but i'll watch it if the winchester boys are in it
...not that i'm shallow ;)

david2708
October 25th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Season 5!
More tales of Lucius.
Even more recycled unfunny McKay moments
Who can complain!!

Reefgirl
October 25th, 2007, 03:37 AM
The only thing that would make me watch series 5 would be if they got rid of Sheppard, maybe Rodney too and gave their posts to Lorne and Zelenka

dana
October 25th, 2007, 03:38 AM
I'd watch if they got rid of McKay, Carter and Keller and would bring Carson and Elizabeth back as regulars. :D (so the answer is never gonna watch again ;) )

Reefgirl
October 25th, 2007, 04:34 AM
I can happily live without Weir and Carson

mcbarr
October 25th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Season 5!
More tales of Lucius.
Even more recycled unfunny McKay moments
Who can complain!!

That's very likely.

FoolishPleasure
October 25th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Well unlike Flash and PKJ, SGA has a very high DVR Bleedoff.

I can't vouch for individuals recording, but last year SG1 and SGA were both in the top 20 for TIVO's weekly download ratings, sometimes slipping into the top 10. SG1 is gone and I checked TIVO's list last week (Lifeline's episode) and SGA wasn't even on the list. If SGA has slipped off the radar in TIVO-land, it must be sliding on DVR's as well.

I've read a few articles yesterday and it seems with the writer's strike looming, and NBC having already cancelled shows, they (NBC) are intending to pull popular shows from some of the lesser "sister" networks for prime time (Monk, 4400 have been named as possibilities). BSG was also listed as possibly going to NBC directly. Funny how SciFi loses one of its biggest shows, and the same day decides to renew SGA. Now, that wouldn't be because they need to fill an empty slot on their schedule next year, would it? ;)

BTW, I laughed out loud for your renamed shows! "Pain in the neck" :D Go to Skiffy's forum. FG is referred to as "Flush". *LOL*

mcbarr
October 25th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I've read a few articles yesterday and it seems with the writer's strike looming, and NBC having already cancelled shows, they (NBC) are intending to pull popular shows from some of the lesser "sister" networks for prime time (Monk, 4400 have been named as possibilities). BSG was also listed as possibly going to NBC directly. Funny how SciFi loses one of its biggest shows, and the same day decides to renew SGA. Now, that wouldn't be because they need to fill an empty slot on their schedule next year, would it? ;)

I've read such articles too.

2 + 2 = 4 ;)

Briangate78
October 25th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I can't vouch for individuals recording, but last year SG1 and SGA were both in the top 20 for TIVO's weekly download ratings, sometimes slipping into the top 10. SG1 is gone and I checked TIVO's list last week (Lifeline's episode) and SGA wasn't even on the list. If SGA has slipped off the radar in TIVO-land, it must be sliding on DVR's as well.

Go to Skiffy's forum. FG is referred to as "Flush". *LOL*

Well from the report I read from Mark Stern. SGA averaged a 1.84 million viewers between Adrift and Lifeline. Now Live + 7 has not been factored into this. It will probably bump it up to like a 1.9 million season average, I think. Which puts it around a high 1.3 or low 1.4 season average! No one is getting ratings like they once did. Look at the past several weeks. No show has gotten over a 1.5, and in fact Premiere week, no one got over a 1.4! This is for live ratings. I think people are surprised about the renewal because they don't realize how much TV ratings are hurting. Look at Eureka dropped to a 1.9 to a 1.2 in a matter of a week. If Eureka was still airing now, I would gurantee it would get ratings around a 1.2 to 1.3! It got a 1.4 most recently because it was a season finale. Also Itunes and other downloading is hurting TV shows. So that is my theory to why SGA got renewed. As per your feelings towards SGA it stinks when people lose interest. :( But I respect everyone's opinion. :)

BTW, why do you think GH is doing so well this month? :S That one is mind-boggling to me. I would guess because it's the Halloween season? :S
<mod snip>

mcbarr
October 25th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Well from the report I read from Mark Stern. SGA averaged a 1.84 million viewers between Adrift and Lifeline. Now Live + 7 has not been factored into this. It will probably bump it up to like a 1.9 million season average, I think. Which puts it around a high 1.3 or low 1.4 season average! No one is getting ratings like they once did. Look at the past several weeks. No show has gotten over a 1.5, and in fact Premiere week, no one got over a 1.4! This is for live ratings. I think people are surprised about the renewal because they don't realize how much TV ratings are hurting. Look at Eureka dropped to a 1.9 to a 1.2 in a matter of a week. If Eureka was still airing now, I would gurantee it would get ratings around a 1.2 to 1.3! It got a 1.4 most recently because it was a season finale. Also Itunes and other downloading is hurting TV shows. So that is my theory to why SGA got renewed. As per your feelings towards SGA it stinks when people lose interest. :( But I respect everyone's opinion. :)

Dude, you're annoying. :)

Briangate78
October 25th, 2007, 07:43 AM

Yeah I know! :p

dana
October 25th, 2007, 07:46 AM

Yeah I know! :p

:lol: I'm glad we all agree! :D :weiranime20:

Falcon Horus
October 25th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Also Itunes and other downloading is hurting TV shows.

iTunes doesn't get the episodes until they have aired on Skiffy. Unless you refer to the mix-up with Adrift/Doppelganger. I mean, NBC does offer Stargate to iTunes, right.

The other downloading, the more illegal way, I think you'd be surprised to the numbers. I think 75% (give or take a few) of people are those who can't watch live anyway or those that don't live in the States at all. I for one don't have the patience to wait another 2 years for new episodes to air in my tiny country. (We're at the end of season 2 at the moment, missed Michael on tv last week)

FireCat
October 25th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Well from the report I read from Mark Stern.

Mark Stern could spin dog poo into gold. I don't believe a word he says after the SG1 cancellation.

I don't like the turn season 4 has taken (Carter and Keller specifically), and I can't see season 5 being any better. But TPTB will probably bring over more SG1 characters into a show where they don't belong.

Briangate78
October 25th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Mark Stern could spin dog poo into gold. I don't believe a word he says after the SG1 cancellation.

Well I think we got a better clarification from Robert Cooper to why SG-1 was cancelled. Ratings did not seem to be the issue. Also, after the Farscape incident, Sci-fi has really lost a lot of the fan's respect.

Jumper_One
October 25th, 2007, 08:47 AM
But TPTB will probably bring over more SG1 characters into a show where they don't belong.

I really doubt that

Vale_Sg1
October 25th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I really doubt that

If Shanks says yes, Daniel will appear in S5, JM was clear about that.

ussrelativity
October 25th, 2007, 09:24 AM

Here's hoping he's up for it!

Briangate78
I really doubt that

I think they meant Full-time. I do not see anyone from SG-1 coming onto SGA full-time, I mean enough is enough. Even Sci-fi said SGA has come out from the shadows of it's Brother show SG-1 to shine on it's own! If they add anymore people from SG-1 fulltime......save me a spot on the Anti-Couch, will ya? :p

P.S. Guest spots are ok.

Jumper_One

true but he would only appear in 1 or 2 episodes. what I meant was I really doubt they would bring him to Atlantis as a regular or recurring character

Falcon Horus
October 25th, 2007, 09:37 AM

I will gladly skip that episode in that case, cause I can't really stand Daniel.

Even Sci-fi said SGA has come out from the shadows of it's Brother show SG-1 to shine on it's own!

Which is not difficult since they are turning it into that sister/brother show.

mcbarr
October 25th, 2007, 09:38 AM
true but he would only appear in 1 or 2 episodes. what I meant was I really doubt they would bring him to Atlantis as a regular or recurring character

I wouldn't bet on it.

FoolishPleasure
October 25th, 2007, 09:39 AM

Carter was originally going to be in a few SGA episodes. Then 10, then 14, now she is second in the credits.

If JM wants Daniel on SGA, it will be more than 1 or 2 episodes. People are already screaming all over his blog to bring Daniel to SGA full time. You know the guy is considering it.

Falcon Horus
October 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM
If Daniel were to be coming to Atlantis full-time, then this little lemming will stop watching, even if they bring back Kate in some weird AU-tale... Okay, maybe that one episode I could suffer his presence.

mcbarr
October 25th, 2007, 09:54 AM
You know, one has got to respect RDA for saying enough is enough. Some people just don't get a clue. :S

Vale_Sg1
October 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I think they meant Full-time. I do not see anyone from SG-1 coming onto SGA full-time, I mean enough is enough.

All this time I thought you were serious and you were just being subtly ironic!! ;)

Even Sci-fi said SGA has come out from the shadows of it's Brother show SG-1 to shine on it's own! If they add anymore people from SG-1 fulltime......save me a spot on the Anti-Couch, will ya? :p

P.S. Guest spots are ok.

Sci-fi insisted that the show that was going to take Farscape's place was going to be great. I believe it was canceled after two months.

Guest spots are okay, unless they make all the episode about the guest character. There were 6 regulars in S10, plus Rick. If everyone of them were to have a guest spot, half the season would be about SG1.

I will gladly skip that episode in that case, cause I can't really stand Daniel.

There was a time when I would have been delighted to see him on Atlantis, if only to interact with Elizabeth, but Elizabeth and Daniel don't exist anymore. We have Carter and Action Jackson instead. *sighs*

mcbarr
October 25th, 2007, 10:18 AM
There was a time when I would have been delighted to see him on Atlantis, if only to interact with Elizabeth, but Elizabeth and Daniel don't exist anymore. We have Carter and Action Jackson instead. *sighs*

And soon Action McKay. Wait and see. :D

Falcon Horus
October 25th, 2007, 10:50 AM
We have Carter and Action Jackson instead. *sighs*

Daniel was my fave character when he was just Daniel the archaeological geek. I even have a Michael Shanks mousepad to proof my love for the guy. :p

But not anymore... Well, I have nothing against MS (still using the mousepad) but I do have an issue with Jackson.

And soon Action McKay. Wait and see. :D

Holy hannah, what will that be?

Maybe I should manip that somehow. *ponders*

stclare
October 25th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Daniel was my fave character when he was just Daniel the archaeological geek. I even have a Michael Shanks mousepad to proof my love for the guy. :p

But not anymore... Well, I have nothing against MS (still using the mousepad) but I do have an issue with Jackson.

Holy hannah, what will that be?

Maybe I should manip that somehow. *ponders*

mckay as rambo.....please on bended knee here.

although maybe mckay is to articulate to be rambo..ponders????

Falcon Horus
October 25th, 2007, 12:09 PM
mckay as rambo.....please on bended knee here.

although maybe mckay is to articulate to be rambo..ponders????

Mmmm.... :p

BoyNamedSue
October 25th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Wow - good one!

Well, one that will return for sure is Keller - they wouldn't be so keen on her just to let her go. Methinks Weir will not be back and they'll kill off Zelenka and Lorne in the first five episodes of s. 5. Then, of course, Sheppard will meet some unexplained fate (maybe one of his Ancient girlfriends will ascend him..?).

The only thing that would make me watch series 5 would be if they got rid of Sheppard, maybe Rodney too and gave their posts to Lorne and Zelenka

Actually, I think these two should get a SG series of their own. ;)

don't get me wrong - I love the characters, the first three seasons (up to Sunday) were great, but TPTB are totally loosing focus...

dana
October 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Wow - good one!

Well, one that will return for sure is Keller - they wouldn't be so keen on her just to let her go. Methinks Weir will not be back and they'll kill off Zelenka and Lorne in the first five episodes of s. 5. Then, of course, Sheppard will meet some unexplained fate (maybe one of his Ancient girlfriends will ascend him..?).
*snip*

He will run off with Elizabeth who would infect him with nanites. :D

BoyNamedSue
October 25th, 2007, 12:56 PM

And together they'll be the King and Queen of the Pegasus Replicators ;)

Someone earlier mentioned that SGA was renewed for 5th season because of the 100 episode theory - that a show, in order to be profitable and in syndication, needs to have a run of at least 100 episodes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_episodes

Well, that may not be true in all cases:

(...)Where a series is expected to do well in syndication but ends up with disappointing ratings and revenue. Reasons include dated references in early seasons, or plotlines in later seasons that fall flat, causing the series to end up being defined by that one plotline or season rather than as a whole, changing the audience's perception.

If season 4 continue the way it's going, that may just come true for SGA. Take that TPTB! ***Evil Laugh***

FoolishPleasure
October 25th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Even Sci-fi said SGA has come out from the shadows of it's Brother show SG-1 to shine on it's own!

Ya see, you are listening to Mark Stern and, well, this diddy is from an interview he did in Jan. 2007:

"From provocative visions of the future here on Earth and elsewhere to quirky and imaginative explorations of the intriguing unknown, SCI FI original programming continues to offer the boldest and most thought provoking in modern science fiction fare. SCI FI originals continue to push the boundaries of imagination to help us envision and explore a reality and a future far beyond the scope of our experience," said Stern. "From provocative screen adaptations of science fiction bestsellers to futurist action thrillers and off-beat, Earth-based human dramas, SCI FI offers an inventive range of originals that reflect the genre's ever-broadening appeal."

Of course, Mr. Stern was promoting "Painkiller Jane" premier at the time, along with info on skiffy's upcoming show "Flash Gordon" and a new season of "Who wants to be a Super Hero".

See how it works with Mr. Stern? "Bull" is his middle name. ;)

silkie
October 25th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Ya see, you are listening to Mark Stern and, well, this diddy is from an interview he did in Jan. 2007:

"From provocative visions of the future here on Earth and elsewhere to quirky and imaginative explorations of the intriguing unknown, SCI FI original programming continues to offer the boldest and most thought provoking in modern science fiction fare. SCI FI originals continue to push the boundaries of imagination to help us envision and explore a reality and a future far beyond the scope of our experience," said Stern. "From provocative screen adaptations of science fiction bestsellers to futurist action thrillers and off-beat, Earth-based human dramas, SCI FI offers an inventive range of originals that reflect the genre's ever-broadening appeal."

Of course, Mr. Stern was promoting "Painkiller Jane" premier at the time, along with info on skiffy's upcoming show "Flash Gordon" and a new season of "Who wants to be a Super Hero".

He might be on NBC/Sci-fi payroll...

dana
October 25th, 2007, 01:14 PM

*snip*

Yay! And have repli-babiez! -> http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/samjack_girl/smilies/shreiwfam01.gif

silkie
October 25th, 2007, 01:17 PM

Yay! And have repli-babiez! -> http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/samjack_girl/smilies/shreiwfam01.gif

Hey stop giving JM ideas! He hasn't written S5 scripts yet!!!

dana
October 25th, 2007, 01:43 PM

*grins* Who says I don't want that to happen? *whistles* ;)

FoolishPleasure
October 25th, 2007, 01:55 PM
He might be on NBC/Sci-fi payroll...

Mark Stern is the programming director of SciFi. He's the guy who killed SG1, and who jerked Ron Moore around last spring with the BSG renewal. Mark also shelved "Caprica" after his spat with Moore. But BSG was so popular, Mark HAD to renew it, but he is still threatening to let them film 20 episodes, but only show 10 in 2008, leaving the last 10 to show. . .who knows when. He's a scum bag. I don't believe a word that comes out of that guy's mouth - good or bad.

ses110
October 25th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Talk about BS. It cannot be the same Scifi channel I have that was described in the interview.

BoyNamedSue
October 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM

Gosh, if he'd only listen to what we have to say, maybe this thread wouldn't even exist ;)

Dana, nice little visual of Shep/Weir repli-babiez ;)

AutumnDream
October 25th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Mark also shelved "Caprica" after his spat with Moore.

Huh? Source please.

nowvoyager908
October 25th, 2007, 05:35 PM

I have to laugh when I read these comments. What Sci Fi channel is this guy is talking about? It certainly isn't the one offered by my cable provider. LOL. If it wasn't for their Enterprise block on Monday's nights, I would never watch Sci Fi. And I've loved the genre since I was a kid (which is a long, long time ago). The only really memorable programming they've offered that I can remember was Taken (but then again it was produced by DreamWorks). If this was the Sci Fi mission statement, they have failed miserably (shakes head sadly).

Briangate78
October 25th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Mark Stern is the programming director of SciFi. He's the guy who killed SG1, and who jerked Ron Moore around last spring with the BSG renewal. Mark also shelved "Caprica" after his spat with Moore. But BSG was so popular, Mark HAD to renew it, but he is still threatening to let them film 20 episodes, but only show 10 in 2008, leaving the last 10 to show. . .who knows when. He's a scum bag. I don't believe a word that comes out of that guy's mouth - good or bad.

Wow you are not kidding. Did you hear the latest? Season 4 is not going to start till April. :S

mcbarr
October 25th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Wow you are not kidding. Did you hear the latest? Season 4 is not going to start till April. :S

When will the last episode of s4 air?

ToasterOnFire
October 25th, 2007, 07:53 PM
2017. O_O

Naw, just kidding. It's probably going to be 2009. Maybe. If we're lucky.

But at this rate BSG can outlast SGA. High five! :D ;)

scififreak23
October 25th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Well, since season five's renewal came out this early it put's me in a odd position. I've spent the past few months hating this show that i don't know if i should be pro/or anti season five. I guess until furthur information come out and i can decide on a proper course of action i'll be both. One of the things that would seriously piss me off in season five is if they don't get daniel to be in the 100th episode.I know how people feel about bringing in sg-1 characters into atlantis but he was the one who found atlantis and He deserves to be in the 100th episode because of that.

Falcon Horus
October 26th, 2007, 06:56 AM
The 100th eposide will be the season's (and maybe the series' finale)... I'd prefer if they would stick to a story in the Pegasus Galaxy.

I'm sorry but Daniel's presence equals Earth matters and that's not what Atlantis is about.

My opinion btw and yes, this is influenced by me not liking the Daniel-character.

Briangate78
October 26th, 2007, 07:08 AM
When will the last episode of s4 air?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/08/preliminary_schedule_for_iatlant.shtml

Sept. 28 - "Adrift"
Oct. 5 - "Lifeline"
Oct. 12 - "Reunion"
Oct. 19 - "Doppelganger"
Oct. 26 - "Travelers"
Nov. 2 - "Tabula Rasa"
Nov. 9 - "Missing"
Nov. 16 - "The Seer"
Nov. 23 - No new episode
Nov. 30 - "Miller's Crossing"
Dec. 7 - "This Mortal Coil" (Mid-season finale)
Dec. 14 - No new episode
Dec. 21 - No new episode
Dec. 28 - No new episode
Jan. 4 - "Be All My Sins Remember'd"
Jan. 11 - "Spoils of War"
Jan. 18 - "Quarantine"
Jan. 25 - "Outcast"
Feb. 1 - "Midway"
Feb. 8 - "Trio"
Feb. 15 - "Harmony"
Feb. 22 - "The Kindred, Part 1"
Feb. 29 - "The Kindred, Part 2"
Mar. 7 - "The Last Man"

SGFerrit
October 26th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Wasn't mcbarr reffering to BSG?

FoolishPleasure
October 26th, 2007, 07:23 AM

Prowl around the BSG forum at SciFi. BSG "might" be back on the schedule in April 2008, at the earliest, and run through next fall, IF skiffy doesn't "hold" the last 10 episodes for 2009 like they are threatening to.

Briangate78
October 26th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Prowl around the BSG forum at SciFi. BSG "might" be back on the schedule in April 2008, at the earliest, and run through next fall, IF skiffy doesn't "hold" the last 10 episodes for 2009 like they are threatening to.

That would be really messed up if they did that. Now the biggest question is, when will SGA return for the 5th season? Do you think the network is happy with the Fall season slot? I know if SGA premiered in the summer it would do a little better in live ratings. I love BSG and SGA, and I hope I don't have to wait till 2009 to see the rest of BSG. :S That would just stink.

Strix varia
October 26th, 2007, 09:37 AM
The 100th eposide will be the season's (and maybe the series' finale)... I'd prefer if they would stick to a story in the Pegasus Galaxy.

I'm sorry but Daniel's presence equals Earth matters and that's not what Atlantis is about.

My opinion btw and yes, this is influenced by me not liking the Daniel-character.

So, Atlantis is not about Earth? Funny, but if it wasn't about Earth, the writers would never have reestablished contact with Earth, and they have repeatedly stated that they never intended to keep Atlantis isolated from Earth indefinitely. Earth has always been a driving force and motivation in Atlantis, even in their isolation from it.

I appreciate that many don't like the increased contact with Earth, and that's fine. I frankly like the continuity that it provides as well as the expanded flexibility for potential storylines (such as bringing back McKay's sister). So for me, Earth is very much a part of "what Atlantis is about." Of course, I remain somewhat cynical about the writers' ability to do good things with these potential storylines...

mcbarr
October 26th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Wasn't mcbarr reffering to BSG?

Yeah, I was. Atlantis' schedule, on the other hand, also explains why s4 of BSG "is not going to start till April".

ToasterOnFire
October 26th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I was. Atlantis' schedule, on the other hand, also explains why s4 of BSG "is not going to start till April".
I can see it now:

2007 September to March - SGA s4
2008 April to July-ish -part 1 of BSG s4
2008 September to March - SGA s5
2009 April to July-ish - part 2 of BSG s4

So BSG may really finish after SGA, since I'm banking that SGA's s5 will be the last season. Simultaneously funny and pathetic. :S

On topic, I'm worried about the possibility that Daniel will appear in s5. If Carter stays on full-time (and I see no reason why she won't) and Daniel shows up for too many eps then I fear it's going to be SG1 overload. No thank you.

And I hope that the 100th ep doesn't feature SG1 heavily or is some "witty" Wormhole Extreme spinoff mockmentary or something. Ick.

Briangate78
October 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM
What the scary part is, Eureka and SGA will have runned 2 full seasons each before BSG even makes it one if they go through with this split. I think a lot of people are not going to be watching BSG on Sci-fi.

BTW, I don't think Season 5 will be the last!

*runs out of thread to avoid flying objects* :p You guys are cool! :D

mcbarr
October 26th, 2007, 06:37 PM
And I hope that the 100th ep doesn't feature SG1 heavily or is some "witty" Wormhole Extreme spinoff mockmentary or something. Ick.

*remembers last episode of Enterprise with Riker and Troi* :rolleyes:

ToasterOnFire
October 26th, 2007, 07:03 PM
*remembers last episode of Enterprise with Riker and Troi* :rolleyes:
But if TPTB keep on killing characters there will be no one left to pull a Trip! :eek:

mcbarr
October 26th, 2007, 07:15 PM
But if TPTB keep on killing characters there will be no one left to pull a Trip! :eek:

McKay reminds me of Tucker. There are many similarities between those two characters, IMO.

Briangate78
October 27th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Hey Mcbarr you don't stop by the Skiffy forums anymore. The SEW campaign thread could use your support. :) Laters!

mcbarr
October 27th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Hey Mcbarr you don't stop by the Skiffy forums anymore. The SEW campaign thread could use your support. :) Laters!

Nah, the moderation is relentless there. :p ;)

Briangate78
October 27th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Nah, the moderation is relentless there. :p ;)

Hey hey, I take offense to that. ;) :p

cajuncayenne
October 27th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I am not happy so far with season 4. From cast purging to poor fitting characters. As well as some bad writing/plots. My fear is that this will continue on into season 5. I was split 50-50 for cancelling /renewing. My only reason for wanting s5 was the possible return of Beckett.

Joe M hopes to continue with Carter and Keller :(. No mention of Beckett or Weir. He want to continue to explore the relationships between the characters. This is what the problem is. They never do and then they kill and/or throw away character. Season 5 will just continue this trend of misery.

Falcon Horus
October 27th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Joe M hopes to continue with Carter and Keller :(. No mention of Beckett or Weir. He want to continue to explore the relationships between the characters. This is what the problem is. They never do and then they kill and/or throw away character. Season 5 will just continue this trend of misery.

Then we make him aware... damn it! :p

parisindy
October 27th, 2007, 12:58 PM

making him aware will do no good... he just mocks all who don't treat him as God

Falcon Horus
October 27th, 2007, 01:07 PM
making him aware will do no good... he just mocks all who don't treat him as God

I don't worship at his altar. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. :p

Bwoahahaha....we're pagans. *snort*

parisindy
October 27th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I don't worship at his altar. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. :p

Bwoahahaha....we're pagans. *snort*

hallowed is the JM :rolleyes:

dana
October 27th, 2007, 01:37 PM
hallowed is the JM :rolleyes:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/samjack_girl/smilies/ms_2268.gif
??

Falcon Horus
October 27th, 2007, 01:49 PM
??

Frak, I can't green you!! This is so green-worthy!!

dana
October 27th, 2007, 01:52 PM

LOL! I consider myself greened. Thanks! (I turned the ratings off)

nowvoyager908
October 27th, 2007, 01:58 PM
??

LMAO. :eek:

mcbarr
October 28th, 2007, 06:41 AM
??

Bow before your God. :D

parisindy
October 28th, 2007, 11:31 AM
lol!

BoyNamedSue
October 28th, 2007, 12:34 PM

OMG, does he mean the relationship between Carter and Keller?!!! That would be the death of SGA... As those are tack-on characters and not part of the original concept.

Right, when the Wraith stop to feed...

Yep, yep, yep... Maybe that's the problem...

Re JM's musings of Daniel Jackson coming in for a guest spot - well, GAG ME NOW!!! First O'Neill (which I didn't mind) visits, then Carter takes over, then Teal'c shows up to coach Ronon, and now DANIEL!!! Is this SG-1 redux?

nowvoyager908
October 28th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Re JM's musings of Daniel Jackson coming in for a guest spot - well, GAG ME NOW!!! First O'Neill (which I didn't mind) visits, then Carter takes over, then Teal'c shows up to coach Ronon, and now DANIEL!!! Is this SG-1 redux?

Unfortunately, pretty much yes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they added another SG1 character next season, and another SGA original is sacrified to make room (be it main cast or recurring). It will be the Stargate version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. LOL.

I guess all these changes are a window into the minds of TPTB. :S They likely never envisioned the two shows as being entirely separate to begin with and may have planned from the get go to somehow merge them at a future point. IMHO, that is exactly what they are doing now. They can just bring over as many SG1 characters as they want and create SG1:A New Beginning. ;)

Falcon Horus
October 28th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Which in my opinion is a serious smack in the face for the original cast of Atlantis. Knowing you will never live up to the cast of SG1.

*big supportive huggles for the original cast*

ShaneMcC
October 28th, 2007, 06:04 PM
??

GREEN from me and for you as well Falcon Horus.

Falcon Horus
October 28th, 2007, 06:13 PM
GREEN from me and for you as well Falcon Horus.

That's nice of you. :)

ShaneMcC
October 28th, 2007, 06:28 PM
That's nice of you. :)

I lurk alot. Always enjoy your posts. It's the least I could do. :)

parisindy
October 29th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Which in my opinion is a serious smack in the face for the original cast of Atlantis. Knowing you will never live up to the cast of SG1.

*big supportive huggles for the original cast*

agreed!!!

sexy_penguin
October 29th, 2007, 06:55 AM
If Carter's in season 5, h£ll that's a good enough reason for me to be anti - season 5...

Count me in!

mcbarr
October 29th, 2007, 11:22 AM
If Carter's in season 5, h£ll that's a good enough reason for me to be anti - season 5...

Count me in!

Welcome! :)

silkie
October 29th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Count me in!

Ditto! Carter go home to your hubby!!! :jack:
Poor guy...

mcbarr
October 29th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Ditto! Carter go home to your hubby!!!

:comeon:

ses110
October 29th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I see Joe is talking tough about the Anti's again on his Blog.

Smiley Face06 writes: “On the GW forum, there are already anti season 5 threads. That makes absolutely no sense to me, for various reasons.”

Answer: Yeah, I found those hilarious. (Yeah, I said hilarious.) Criticizing a show you are watching is one thing, but actively campaigning against the production of a show that other fans are enjoying is, well, idiotic. “Yeah, I said idiotic.)

parisindy
October 29th, 2007, 10:13 PM
maybe he should make a less idiotic product then :rolleyes:
things were good till he took over....

Willow'sCat
October 29th, 2007, 11:14 PM

Smiley Face06 writes: “On the GW forum, there are already anti season 5 threads. That makes absolutely no sense to me, for various reasons.”

Answer: Yeah, I found those hilarious. (Yeah, I said hilarious.) Criticizing a show you are watching is one thing, but actively campaigning against the production of a show that other fans are enjoying is, well, idiotic. “Yeah, I said idiotic.)Makes you feel loved don't it. ;) So he does lurk. *waves to Joe* :P:D Pity he dosen't seem to listen.

g.o.d
October 30th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Unfortunately, pretty much yes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they added another SG1 character next season, and another SGA original is sacrified to make room (be it main cast or recurring). It will be the Stargate version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. LOL.

Stargate Atlantis: SG-1. It would be great! and bring the Ori back!!!

Reefgirl
October 30th, 2007, 01:35 AM

Answer: Yeah, I found those hilarious. (Yeah, I said hilarious.) Criticizing a show you are watching is one thing, but actively campaigning against the production of a show that other fans are enjoying is, well, idiotic. “Yeah, I said idiotic.)
Sounds more like he's sticking his fingers in his ears and going "LALALALALALALA can't hear you"

g.o.d
October 30th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Sounds more like he's sticking his fingers in his ears and going "LALALALALALALA can't hear you"

are you suprised?:)

Reefgirl
October 30th, 2007, 01:55 AM
are you suprised?:)
Nope, not at all

mcbarr
October 30th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Looks like Joe is finally figuring out the Anti threads are just the tip of the iceberg. :cool:

Reefgirl
October 30th, 2007, 06:07 AM
And look what happened when the 'Unsinkable Ship' met the Iceberg.

Take note Mr M they said the Titanic wouldn't sink either

sexy_penguin
October 30th, 2007, 06:54 AM

oooh I didn't realise I was campaigning against the production of a show, I thought I was just stating I wouldn't watch the show if it had Carter in it...

Suddenly I feel all important.

dana
October 30th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Fancy that, we're famous! :D http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/samjack_girl/smilies/alc.gif

ses110
October 30th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Indeed. I'm not sure why Joe is soo worried about the Anti's. He has such a great show. He should not have to insult the Anti's to prove the shows greatness. Then again maybe he has too. If you love the show great, Why worry about what the Anti's are thinking and saying. Unless you think they may have a point?

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I have to admit, as much as I am a pro, optomistic, show loving hopeful bas**rd! That was over the top for Joe to say that. I hear where he is coming from, but to call a fandom idiots? I dunno, not too cool. :S

ses110
October 30th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks. I have no problem with anyone who is pro Atlantis and is positive and wants the show to go on. I have no problem if people disagree with the Anti's. The only problem I have is when joe or anyone else insults the Anti's.

Falcon Horus
October 30th, 2007, 07:38 AM
It's also not such a nice gesture towards the rest of the fandom. Cause there are enough problems between pro and anti people.

Someone who would call the anti's idiots and is then called for it, can say "Joe M did, why can't I?".

I love the pro's (almost all of them, that is) and I am very glad they still find things about the show that they like (as do I, although I have to look harder these days). And I love the anti's for seeing the same flaws or different flaws altogether and for being able to discuss these flaws without having to worry about someone else telling what an idiot I am for not liking the show. (Yes, it has happened and sometimes you'll get lucky and a nice discussion evolves from it, and sometimes you're not and you're chased away)

Anyway, I felt like I should say something... And now I'm hungry! *goes hunting for chocolate*

nowvoyager908
October 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM

First of all, WHAT CAMPAIGN? Do we have flyers and fancy slogans? Have we voted on a platform? LOL.

Personal rant:

I don’t hate Atlantis, I hate the JM vision of it. I hate that TPTB took a strong, complex character and chucked her out like yesterday’s trash just so they could practice some old-fashioned cronyism. And, I hate that they took a warm, funny character and blew him up so they could indulge in an cliche-ridden teenage fantasy. GMAFB. :cool:

g.o.d
October 30th, 2007, 08:03 AM
I really don't care about JM and his words.It's his problem that he doesn't like anti's. I don't like SGA. I really don't care:)

I have more important things to do than complaining about his words, for example complain about S4 :-D Why should I care about words of one TPTB? If he thinks we're idiots, then so be it. I think S4 is idiotic.

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Thanks. I have no problem with anyone who is pro Atlantis and is positive and wants the show to go on. I have no problem if people disagree with the Anti's. The only problem I have is when joe or anyone else insults the Anti's.

It's also not such a nice gesture towards the rest of the fandom. Cause there are enough problems between pro and anti people.

Someone who would call the anti's idiots and is then called for it, can say "Joe M did, why can't I?".

I love the pro's (almost all of them, that is) and I am very glad they still find things about the show that they like (as do I, although I have to look harder these days). And I love the anti's for seeing the same flaws or different flaws altogether and for being able to discuss these flaws without having to worry about someone else telling what an idiot I am for not liking the show. (Yes, it has happened and sometimes you'll get lucky and a nice discussion evolves from it, and sometimes you're not and you're chased away)

Anyway, I felt like I should say something... And now I'm hungry! *goes hunting for chocolate*

Not to defend Joe here, he has a decent point but he could of said it a lot better. I think his complaint is that there has been nothing said about Season 5, not a peep, and people are condemning the season.

You know what will be funny, if he brings back Weir now in S5, just to spite the Anti's, lol. Well if Weir has any role in S5, I will buy you all a steak dinner. :p

mcbarr
October 30th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Let's do a little recap... According to JM, fans who oppose his vision for Stargate Atlantis lack true insight (1), and are shrill (2), ill-informed (3), cretin (4), hilarious (5), idiotic (6), lemmings (7) who don't have anything better to do (8). Oh boy, I can't wait for the next compliment! Bring it on! :)

Falcon Horus
October 30th, 2007, 08:23 AM
You know what will be funny, if he brings back Weir now in S5, just to spite the Anti's, lol. Well if Weir has any role in S5, I will buy you all a steak dinner. :p

I'll hold you to that... Even though it will be long distance. :p

Let's do a little recap... According to JM, fans who oppose his vision for Stargate Atlantis lack true insight (1), and are shrill (2), ill-informed (3), cretin (4), hilarious (5), idiotic (6), lemmings (7) who don't have anything better to do (8). Oh boy, I can't wait for the next compliment! Bring it on! :)

LOL :lol: !! Do you think we will have to sign autographs soon? :p

If it makes him feel better than by all means... But I think he feels a little bitter his show isn't getting the praise he hoped it would get. At least not from every single fan.

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I'll hold you to that... Even though it will be long distance. :p

LOL, no problem. Well since this is an Anti-thread. I have to tell you a little story. You saw some of those video clips right? So I was in the mood to watch some old eps. I put in Season one's "The Storm" and "The Eye" don't know if you guys enjoyed that ep, it was one of my favorites. I tell people who don't think SGA is a serious show to watch those two eps.

Anyway, to not have Weir back next season at all would be a crime. She has become an amazing character. A fully developed character, imo. We know a lot about Weir and how she ticks. As much as I am loving this season, the fact that Weir is not around or only has a couples eps left to go is upsetting me. I feel she is a strong enough and great enough character not to be given the Ford treatment. So, I am gonna to keep posting to Joe to not rule her out 100 percent. I mean at least a few guest eps, is that asking too much? :S

Falcon Horus
October 30th, 2007, 08:35 AM
LOL, no problem. Well since this is an Anti-thread. I have to tell you a little story. You saw some of those video clips right? So I was in the mood to watch some old eps. I put in Season one's "The Storm" and "The Eye" don't know if you guys enjoyed that ep, it was one of my favorites. I tell people who don't think SGA is a serious show to watch those two eps.

The Storm and The Eye is my most favorite two-parter of all the two-parters I have seen in SGA or SG1. Never has another two-parter of Atlantis reached that level of awesomeness. They literally blew me away.

Anyway, to not have Weir back next season at all would be a crime. She has become an amazing character. A fully developed character, imo. We know a lot about Weir and how she ticks. As much as I am loving this season, the fact that Weir is not around or only has a couples eps left to go is upsetting me. I feel she is a strong enough and great enough character not to be given the Ford treatment. So, I am gonna to keep posting to Joe to not rule her out 100 percent. I mean at least a few guest eps, is that asking too much? :S

Let's hope so. I'd say we start with 20 episodes and start the bargaining from there.

g.o.d
October 30th, 2007, 08:41 AM
The Storm and The Eye is my most favorite two-parter of all the two-parters I have seen in SGA or SG1. Never has another two-parter of Atlantis reached that level of awesomeness. They literally blew me away.

Siege 1+2+3 were ok too

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 08:57 AM

Let's hope so. I'd say we start with 20 episodes and start the bargaining from there.

I think "This Mortal Coil" is going to have something similar, like a Sheppard and Weir moment, but from the vibes I don't think the end result will make Weir fans too happy. :S

I think that Two part ep "The eye" and "The Storm" was one of the best 2 part eps of the series. The character interaction, the acting, and the special effects were just amazing.

dana
October 30th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I absolutely *love* TS/TE. They are among my most favorites of the whole show.

And as for Elizabeth being in s5, I kind of am in a doubt. S5 and S4 speculation:
Since JM said on the question whether Weir will be in s5 that the answer is somewhere in the late s4, I'm not too optimistic. My speculation:

1. In This Mortal Coil, she will somehow save the team, sacrificing herself. Think Ford in The Hive. She disappears from then on.

2. The Asurans get wiped out later in s4. Sheppard's team knowing she is on one of the ships before it goes kaboom. RIP. :sheppardanime32:
=
3. No Weir in s5.

As much as it kills me...:sheppardanime32:

gange57
October 30th, 2007, 09:13 AM

Don't forget the "oxygen-wasters (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/search?q=oxygen-wasters)." :)

mcbarr
October 30th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Don't forget the "oxygen-wasters (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/search?q=oxygen-wasters)." :)

Oops, my bad! :p

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I absolutely *love* TS/TE. They are among my most favorites of the whole show.

And as for Elizabeth being in s5, I kind of am in a doubt. S5 and S4 speculation:
Since JM said on the question whether Weir will be in s5 that the answer is somewhere in the late s4, I'm not too optimistic. My speculation:

1. In This Mortal Coil, she will somehow save the team, sacrificing herself. Think Ford in The Hive. She disappears from then on.

2. The Asurans get wiped out later in s4. Sheppard's team knowing she is on one of the ships before it goes kaboom. RIP. :sheppardanime32:
=
3. No Weir in s5.

As much as it kills me...:sheppardanime32:

I also had a theory that she will Ascend, leaving her character open like Joe M said it would be. So she can possibly return to regular human form in Season 5. That is just my speculation. Hey I am the guy that predicted Season 5 would happen. :p

I also think Carson will return and Keller may get the Jonas boot or he'll at least be in a bunch of eps next season while Keller is still active recurring role.

prion
October 30th, 2007, 09:36 AM

You forgot 'brainless' ;)

ToasterOnFire
October 30th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Eh, Joe M's antics have become predictable and boring, much like his episodes. It's not even worth getting angry or upset, I just :rolleyes: and wait for the next little ranty rant. ;)

oooh I didn't realise I was campaigning against the production of a show, I thought I was just stating I wouldn't watch the show if it had Carter in it...

Suddenly I feel all important.
Yeah, what campaign? All I've seen is a few posters state how they hope SGA is canceled because they think its current state stinks. I haven't seen anything organized like letter writing campaigns or massive boycotts or whatnot.

Those that are outraged against a supposed campaign are playing the strawman argument to get pity points or something.

And to keep on topic, I predict that these rantyfests will continue into s5 and be much of the same. ;)

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 09:44 AM

You left out *annoying*

*runs and hides to avoid flying objects* :p

Kidding! :D

Falcon Horus
October 30th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Siege 1+2+3 were ok too

The best three-parter! :D

mcbarr
October 30th, 2007, 09:48 AM

Ok, let's do it again... According to JM, fans who oppose his vision for Stargate Atlantis lack true insight (1), and are shrill (2), ill-informed (3), cretin (4), hilarious (5), idiotic (6), brainless (7), oxygen-wasters (8), lemmings (9) who don't have anything better to do (10).

If something is missing, please add. :)

g.o.d
October 30th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Yeah, what campaign? All I've seen is a few posters state how they hope SGA is canceled because they think its current state stinks. I haven't seen anything organized like letter writing campaigns or massive boycotts or whatnot.

exactly, there's no such thing as a campaign.I wonder where JM saw it:rolleyes: I don't know any other hard-core complainers here on GW (those who want a cancellation, like I do). Maybe JM can write a list with names:)

g.o.d
October 30th, 2007, 09:51 AM
The best three-parter! :D
that's because it was the only one :D

ToasterOnFire
October 30th, 2007, 10:01 AM
exactly, there's no such thing as a campaign.I wonder where JM saw it:rolleyes: I don't know any other hard-core complainers here on GW (those who want a cancellation, like I do). Maybe JM can write a list with names:)
Don't encourage him - he's called out fans by their usernames before. :mckay:

I can think of only a handful of posters who have stated here that they want SGA to be canceled or that they would be happy if SGA was canceled. Hardly a campaign!

g.o.d
October 30th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I can think of only a handful of posters who have stated here that they want SGA to be canceled or that they would be happy if SGA was canceled. Hardly a campaign!

who are they?

prion
October 30th, 2007, 10:08 AM

someone posted on JM's board: "On the GW forum, there are already anti season 5 threads. That makes absolutely no sense to me, for various reasons." to which JM replied "Answer: Yeah, I found those hilarious. (Yeah, I said hilarious.) Criticizing a show you are watching is one thing, but actively campaigning against the production of a show that other fans are enjoying is, well, idiotic. “Yeah, I said idiotic.)"

So, JM is the one who is obviously mistaken about the campaign.No one said campaign, just a thread. And a handful of people just griping or making non-sensical posts does not constitute a campaign. I won't comment on the the context of what he said, as well, he obviously knows very little about campaigns.

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 10:12 AM
someone posted on JM's board: "On the GW forum, there are already anti season 5 threads. That makes absolutely no sense to me, for various reasons." to which JM replied "Answer: Yeah, I found those hilarious. (Yeah, I said hilarious.) Criticizing a show you are watching is one thing, but actively campaigning against the production of a show that other fans are enjoying is, well, idiotic. “Yeah, I said idiotic.)"

So, JM is the one who is obviously mistaken about the campaign.No one said campaign, just a thread. And a handful of people just griping or making non-sensical posts does not constitute a campaign. I won't comment on the the context of what he said, as well, he obviously knows very little about campaigns.

I think Joe is just annoyed with the fact people are condemning a season that has no disucssion, direction, spoilers, and whatnot. We don't even know who will return or leave next season. Still, even if I do tend to agree with where he is coming from, he should of said it in a different tone and not an offensive tone like he did.

Falcon Horus
October 30th, 2007, 10:31 AM
that's because it was the only one :D

Also true. :)

stclare
October 30th, 2007, 11:10 AM
I think Joe is just annoyed with the fact people are condemning a season that has no disucssion, direction, spoilers, and whatnot. We don't even know who will return or leave next season. Still, even if I do tend to agree with where he is coming from, he should of said it in a different tone and not an offensive tone like he did.

But it does have discussion. weve talked about possible cast changes ect. the anti 5 thread to me, is a place to discuss things i would not like to see or to see certain things changed, with speculation turning to fact as and when spoilers come out as im sure the pro five thread is also discussing such things.

i realy dont see where hes coming from at all?

this is why i find the labeling truly annoying im posting in the anti threads so that means im against season 5? which is just not true. perhaps jm should have seen the content of this thread before making such claims. unless there is another anti 5 thread which has such content? i suppose thats possible but i havent seen it.

:o:(

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 11:40 AM
But it does have discussion. weve talked about possible cast changes ect. the anti 5 thread to me, is a place to discuss things i would not like to see or to see certain things changed, with speculation turning to fact as and when spoilers come out as im sure the pro five thread is also discussing such things.

i realy dont see where hes coming from at all?

this is why i find the labeling truly annoying im posting in the anti threads so that means im against season 5? which is just not true. perhaps jm should have seen the content of this thread before making such claims. unless there is another anti 5 thread which has such content? i suppose thats possible but i havent seen it.

:o:(

I totally hear ya. Take myself for an example. My main complaint is Weir's fate. I feel just when her character has become deeper and great, (which really has been to me since day one), they are possibly giving her the Ford treatment. Now when I watch S4 and if I said it was awful, I would be lying to myself and everyone here, because this season has been one of the best starts to me. I just hate the fact that Weir may be officially gone by the mid-season. :S

sexy_penguin
October 30th, 2007, 12:06 PM

A campaign would only give him publicity

ToasterOnFire
October 30th, 2007, 12:09 PM
who are they?
Um...I don't want to name them in the off chance that I'm wrong about their opinions. :o Plus, openly hoping for cancellation is the worst of the worst for some pro fans and I don't want to contribute to some sort of "ding list". My advice would be to dig through the recent (weeks/month) posts in the anti s4 thread - people there have stated their views on cancellation when they've talked about the ratings, especially for Adrift. :)

this is why i find the labeling truly annoying im posting in the anti threads so that means im against season 5? which is just not true. perhaps jm should have seen the content of this thread before making such claims.
I completely agree. This is the problem with having "anti s4" and "pro s4" threads. The titles imply that the posters within are either completely against or for an entire season. It implies that these posters have no middle ground - that they either have nothing but complaints or nothing but praise. And as one knows who actually posts in such threads, that's just not the case. I still can't find this mythical poster who hates everything and everyone in s4. Mostly negative sure, but even the most unhappy posters in the anti threads have stated that they're looking forward to something, such as the Weir or Carson eps. And the same but reversed goes for pro posters.

It's easier to generalize, unfortunately. "All the antis hate the show and the actors and have awful, depressing lives." "All the pros love the show, play sycophant to TPTB, and couldn't critically analyze an ep if their lives depended on it." :S I've seen comments similar to the above more than I'd like, and it's really frustrating. It fuels this nonstop feud and isolates those fans who lean neither toward anti or pro. They don't feel like they're "anti enough" to post in the anti thread or "pro enough" to post in the pro threads.

SMB_BOOKS
October 30th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Hello All - I visited JM's blog today and saw all the posters sharing their opinions about the anti-S5 thread. I don't normally post here, but I do visit occasionally. I decided to post on JM's blog, but also wanted to share my post here - I just felt like it would be appropriate for you all to see what I wrote. It was not my intention to speak on behalf of a thread, just to illustrate a different point of view to the whole "anti" and "pro" thing.....

Just throwing some things out there for discussion on the blog, since there have been several comments/opinions posted on JM's blog about GW threads.

Currently, their exists both a "Pro S5" and a "Anti S5" thread on GW.

And, while I don't really "play" in either thread, I do visit each occasionally.

I believe, the Pro thread is for fans to discuss what they hope happens in S5, what they are excited about for S5, etc. For me that would be "Gosh, I really hope Elizabeth is back home on Atlantis in S5".

And, I believe, the Anti thread is for fans to discuss what worries them about S5 or what they hope doesn't happen in S5. For me that would be "Gosh, I hope Elizabeth isn't dead in S4 with no hope of return for S5."

Granted, as with any online forum, there will be posters who take things off-topic, or too far, or go over the top, etc. (i.e. there may be some Pro S5 posters who think anything that happens in S5 will be great, no matter what and there will be some Anti S5 posters who are convinced that S5 will be bad, no matter what).

I don't support either extreme, but figure different folks have different ways of expressing themselves.

I'm not sure what I'm asking that we discuss here, perhaps I just wanted to make a point that not all people who post in the "Pro S5" thread on GW fit into one category just like not all people who post in the "Anti S5" thread fit into one category, either.

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Hey SMB, I don't post on this thread really either, I just wanted to express my opinion of what was said, because most of the Anti's only are against an aspect here and there. That was a nice question you asked. :) I think the main complaint from Joe was about the people who want the show to be cancelled and will make comments like "Oh Sci-fi will pull a Farscape on SGA" or "SGA should be cancelled with their low ratings".

I think my biggest complaint is the fate of Weir. Doesn't mean I can't still love the season so far, which I am.

Falcon Horus
October 30th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I think my biggest complaint is the fate of Weir. Doesn't mean I can't still love the season so far, which I am.

If that gives you an anti-feeling or something alike, then by all means you are most welcome here. You have a misgiving, a complaint or a anti-feeling ... then the anti-thread is the place to be to express your opinion and find like-minded people.

Or am I completely missing the point again? :S

g.o.d
October 30th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Um...I don't want to name them in the off chance that I'm wrong about their opinions. :o Plus, openly hoping for cancellation is the worst of the worst for some pro fans and I don't want to contribute to some sort of "ding list". My advice would be to dig through the recent (weeks/month) posts in the anti s4 thread - people there have stated their views on cancellation when they've talked about the ratings, especially for Adrift. :)

I'm too lazy to do it. I want to know who the other banditos are :)

prion
October 30th, 2007, 04:48 PM

I can understand that, but JM sure knows how to put his foot in his mouth in regards to dealing with fans.

What JM needs to realize that Stargate is like a pizza. For years, we had cheese pizza, then a new pizza was created and fans were like "what? pepperoni on pizza?! eeeeu!" or "oh yeah" (aka SGA). Every change to a show is like changing the topping; some folks are gonna like, others aren't. Season five is yet another evolution of the pizza, and if you haven't been happy with all of the chef's creations, you can be leery of another pizza.

prion
October 30th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Yeah, I do wonder if the writers will capably handle Weir's fate, one way or the other, and not just lose her or blow her up like they did with Ford. I'm not anti-Season 5 - I want another season - but I want a GOOD season. I want resolution with Weir (possibly a return, if nothing else in a guest role), no replicators (please, NO MORE REPLICATORS!). If carter didn't come back as commander, it wouldn't bother me (no, I'm not anti-carter but thus far am not overly impressed with how the writers have portrayed her in SGA).

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I can understand that, but JM sure knows how to put his foot in his mouth in regards to dealing with fans.

What JM needs to realize that Stargate is like a pizza. For years, we had cheese pizza, then a new pizza was created and fans were like "what? pepperoni on pizza?! eeeeu!" or "oh yeah" (aka SGA). Every change to a show is like changing the topping; some folks are gonna like, others aren't. Season five is yet another evolution of the pizza, and if you haven't been happy with all of the chef's creations, you can be leery of another pizza.

and if a show did not change people would say it would be boring. Remember that little show called Farscape? How many times did Moya's crew change?

Yeah, I do wonder if the writers will capably handle Weir's fate, one way or the other, and not just lose her or blow her up like they did with Ford. I'm not anti-Season 5 - I want another season - but I want a GOOD season. I want resolution with Weir (possibly a return, if nothing else in a guest role), no replicators (please, NO MORE REPLICATORS!). If carter didn't come back as commander, it wouldn't bother me (no, I'm not anti-carter but thus far am not overly impressed with how the writers have portrayed her in SGA).

I feel Weir has made such an impact the past 3 years, to just let her go would be a sin.

Falcon Horus
October 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM
and if a show did not change people would say it would be boring. Remember that little show called Farscape? How many times did Moya's crew change?

I still wonder where Granny came from... :p

Briangate78
October 30th, 2007, 05:15 PM

Granny freaked me out at first! :p Who would think Scorpious would be a crew member on Moya! LOL!

parisindy
October 30th, 2007, 05:37 PM

I love farscape... i used to love atlantis, but some of the fans have ruined it for me as much as tptb

for me its how things were happened.. in farscape i never heard of the actor's being dis'ed like i feel they were on atlantis....

plus they didn't bring new characters over from the muppet show to replace pilot because they wanted a muppet with better boobs or something ... okay wait...that analogy didn't come out exactly like i had hoped :lol:

anyways lol

i would watch season 5 if... weir was back and carson was back... if keller was gone or carson's helper and if carter was only a very very very minor reoccurring character

Falcon Horus
October 30th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I love farscape...

It's a frellin' awesome show.

plus they didn't bring new characters over from the muppet show to replace pilot because they wanted a muppet with better boobs or something ... okay wait...that analogy didn't come out exactly like i had hoped :lol:

Bwoahahahaha.... Imagine Miss Piggy as the new Pilot. *snort*

i would watch season 5 if... weir was back and carson was back... if keller was gone or carson's helper and if carter was only a very very very minor reoccurring character

Otherwise you will have to stick to my version of season 5, I guess. DG without Carter is almost finished. It's a good ten minutes shorter than the original. And without Keller it will be another 10 minutes I'm guessing.

kali1
October 30th, 2007, 09:04 PM

:weiranime20: Vision? That's funny. I think the "vision" has turned into college frat boy T&A

Sorry. I had to say that...hehehe:weiranime20:

mcbarr
October 31st, 2007, 07:06 AM
:weiranime20: Vision? That's funny. I think the "vision" has turned into college frat boy T&A

:weiranime17:

prion
October 31st, 2007, 07:06 AM

I feel Weir has made such an impact the past 3 years, to just let her go would be a sin.

There's nothing wrong with change, with evolution, but killing off characters just to boost the ratings is lame.

Alas, don't think the writers agree with you regarding Weir....

BoyNamedSue
October 31st, 2007, 07:57 AM
Makes you feel loved don't it. ;) So he does lurk. *waves to Joe* :P:D Pity he dosen't seem to listen.

*joins in waving to Joe* :D

Couldn't have put it better myself, WC!

BoyNamedSue
October 31st, 2007, 08:30 AM
There's nothing wrong with change, with evolution, but killing off characters just to boost the ratings is lame.

And how does killing off characters boost the ratings, exactly? ;)
So far, since Adrift aired, the ratings are progressively plummeting... Take that, JM - so much for the best season ever. :S

:weiranime17:

I just find it hilarious (did I just say 'hilarious'?) that he's peeved with the anti threads and people posting there - that he is actually moved (in the worst way) by what we have to say. I would consider it constructive criticism, don't you?

And like so many of you already said so eloquently, I'm not anti-s.5. I'm just voicing my misgivings about the turn it will possibly take in the hands of no other than JM. I adore the characters they created (with ONE GLARING exception of Keller), I love the way they developed over the first 3 seasons, I'm just not impressed with how s.4 has been handled so far, and therefore am worried about s.5. There. But I'm not sure if this fills the definition of a campaign.

I'm joining others in :weiranime17:

Briangate78
October 31st, 2007, 08:35 AM

Alas, don't think the writers agree with you regarding Weir....

Having big guest stars like RDA to boost ratings is cool if it is done right. The Return was done very well. Killing off people for no reason but to boost ratings is lame.

mcbarr
October 31st, 2007, 08:48 AM
Having big guest stars like RDA to boost ratings is cool if it is done right. The Return was done very well. Killing off people for no reason but to boost ratings is lame.

Killing off people, and yet failing to boost ratings is idiotic. ;)

Briangate78
October 31st, 2007, 08:50 AM
Killing off people, and yet failing to boost ratings is idiotic. ;)

Sunday pulled in a 1.1 which was the series low! ;) Well that seems to be a very good number now, lol. :S

prion
October 31st, 2007, 09:08 AM

Stuntcasting can be dangerous; might pull in a tiny increase but then the viewers leave again. Better that the writers churn out a quality product, than rely on quick patch jobs (casting, killing off characters, etc.)

Reefgirl
October 31st, 2007, 09:14 AM
While RDA is a cool guest star he's not exactly a big guest star compaired to the quality of people who have starred in Dr Who (Yes sorry to bring it up again) we've had the likes of Derek Jacobi, Penelope Wilton, Simon Pegg, Simon Callow, Maureen Lipman, Kylie Minogue, Richard Wilson, Catherine Tate and if rumours are to be believed
David Bowie

Where are the big movie and TV stars queuing up to appear in Stargate. If the big stars are queuing to star in your show, you don't have to try

BoyNamedSue
October 31st, 2007, 11:09 AM

Yep - I'm appalled at how they've dealt with Weir's departure (and I wasn't a big Weir fan - so that tells you something). I mean, do you remember the scene between Sheppard and Teyla en route to Sateda, when he painfully tells her that he'd die for any of them? Fast-forward to Reunion and this exchange:

SHEPPARD: You know, for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn’t over yet. She’s still out there.

CARTER: You really believe there’s a chance she’s still alive?

SHEPPARD: There’s only one way to know for sure.

Now this doesn't seem like a BIG effort to rescue Weir... :mckay:
This is why I'm here... Or rather I should be in the anti-s.4 thread... oh, wait, I'm there too ;) I just think that a LOT of characters/plots are being handled very carelessly by TPTB ***JM, you're one of them*** and this is only hurting the show in the long run. We dare to criticize, because we care.

DG without Carter is almost finished. It's a good ten minutes shorter than the original. And without Keller it will be another 10 minutes I'm guessing.

OMG, sounds like Falcon's cut will be miles better than the original DG - can I please have a peek when you're done? ;)

Briangate78
October 31st, 2007, 11:14 AM
Yep - I'm appalled at how they've dealt with Weir's departure (and I wasn't a big Weir fan - so that tells you something). I mean, do you remember the scene between Sheppard and Teyla en route to Sateda, when he painfully tells her that he'd die for any of them. Fast-forward to Reunion and this exchange:

SHEPPARD: You know, for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn’t over yet. She’s still out there.

Now this doesn't seem like a BIG effort to rescue Weir... :mckay:
This is why I'm here... Or rather I should be in the anti-s.4 thread... oh, wait, I'm there too ;) I just think that a LOT of characters/plots are being handled very carelessly by TPTB ***JM, you're one of them*** and this is only hurting the show in the long run. We dare to criticize, because we care.

Yeah I remember that, but also Sheppard was willing to go on a suicide mission, Carter refused the order. You can tell he was upset about it. I was glad they mentioned this and did not forget what happened to Weir. I think there will be a lot of tension a little down the road with this. Either they will make contact with Weir or Sheppard will have a plan, and maybe Carter will not want to go through with it, causing even more tension. I am really looking forward to "This Mortal Coil". This episode and the 2nd parter I have really high hopes for. If Weir is some how killed off and it was not done too well, I'll be posting in here with you folks. :p ;)

Edit: Also I think Sheppard knows she is not dead, because of her being infected with the nanites. So he may feel he has more time to come up with a mission. The replicators will not be so rash to kill her, ya know?

dana
October 31st, 2007, 11:17 AM
*snip*
Otherwise you will have to stick to my version of season 5, I guess. DG without Carter is almost finished. It's a good ten minutes shorter than the original. And without Keller it will be another 10 minutes I'm guessing.

Hey, FH, I can't wait how you are going to snip 'The Trio'. :sheppardanime21:

SMB_BOOKS
October 31st, 2007, 11:24 AM
JM's blog from yesterday described his day from hell, which included a malfunctioning keyboard which would drop letters, or make letters stick, etc. In the spirit of Halloween, SEW and SCB, I posted this.....

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

I have a theory on your bad day...the spirits of SGA characters who've "gone on" or are "out there somewhere, missing" have joined forces to send you a message - their journey goes something like this.......

Elizabeth and her Asuran captors discover an enzymed fueled Ford during their Wraith raiding adventures. (Yep, he really DID survive that wraith hive ship explosion). Anyhoo, jonesed up on wraith enzyme, Ford convinces Elizabeth to use her diplomatic powers and her knowledge about ascension and all things spiritual to conduct a seance where she makes contact with Carson, Kate and Grodin (did I miss anyone). Elizabeth and Ford convince the dearly departed spirits to send you a message from all of them, using your laptop as the tool.

I, think, if you listen very, very closely, you might be able to hear them.......

Joooooeeeeee......dddooooo youuuuuuu heaaaarrrr uuuuuuuusssss? Bringggg uuuuuussss baaaacck, Joooooeeee. Bringgggg uuuuussssss baaaackkkkkkk....

Happy Halloween,
SMB_BOOKS

That's either going to go over well or tank like a lead balloon. I thought it was funny as hell, but that's me...... :)

Briangate78
October 31st, 2007, 11:31 AM
JM's blog from yesterday described his day from hell, which included a malfunctioning keyboard which would drop letters, or make letters stick, etc. In the spirit of Halloween, SEW and SCB, I posted this.....

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

I have a theory on your bad day...the spirits of SGA characters who've "gone on" or are "out there somewhere, missing" have joined forces to send you a message - their journey goes something like this.......

Elizabeth and her Asuran captors discover an enzymed fueled Ford during their Wraith raiding adventures. (Yep, he really DID survive that wraith hive ship explosion). Anyhoo, jonesed up on wraith enzyme, Ford convinces Elizabeth to use her diplomatic powers and her knowledge about ascension and all things spiritual to conduct a seance where she makes contact with Carson, Kate and Grodin (did I miss anyone). Elizabeth and Ford convince the dearly departed spirits to send you a message from all of them, using your laptop as the tool.

I, think, if you listen very, very closely, you might be able to hear them.......

Joooooeeeeee......dddooooo youuuuuuu heaaaarrrr uuuuuuuusssss? Bringggg uuuuuussss baaaacck, Joooooeeee. Bringgggg uuuuussssss baaaackkkkkkk....

Happy Halloween,
SMB_BOOKS

That's either going to go over well or tank like a lead balloon. I thought it was funny as hell, but that's me...... :)

Awesome Letter! You know what? Keep it up! I am going to send out some letters myself. Also using the Sci-fi forums is helpful, a lot of people view those forums. :) Hey, remember I was optomistic we would get a 5th season. So anything is possible. ;)

BoyNamedSue
October 31st, 2007, 11:54 AM

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
SMB_BOOKS

Just watch JM telling YOU to shred the ghosts and sprinkle them on you cereal... ;)

mcbarr
October 31st, 2007, 03:31 PM

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
SMB_BOOKS

It is funny, but these spirits are too forgiving if you ask me. ;)

Falcon Horus
October 31st, 2007, 05:02 PM

Even this exchange is an exact rehash of another exchange... I suggest you watch The Rising and you'll know what I mean. The words, the place where the actors are standing, the mood of the scene -> The whole thing.

OMG, sounds like Falcon's cut will be miles better than the original DG - can I please have a peek when you're done? ;)

:) Of course, you can have a peek...

Hey, FH, I can't wait how you are going to snip 'The Trio'. :sheppardanime21:

I imagine it will be very short... :p

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
SMB_BOOKS

I think it's funny. :D I would give you green but I don't seem to be able to. Gotta spread some love first!

kali1
October 31st, 2007, 06:39 PM

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
SMB_BOOKS

Ohhh my GOD! I just about peed my pants from laughing so hard...hehe!:weiranime20::weiranime17:

parisindy
October 31st, 2007, 07:41 PM

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
SMB_BOOKS

awesome!