This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Timeline What came first?

Ok from what we've seenwe know that Atlantis left earth 5million years ago .It went to the Pegas Galaxy and started a new Colony .Ok what were the Goauld doing that time .Because we seem to forget their Empires got start ed sometime after The Ancients left .Plus The Systemlord RA sent humans from earth to other planets to use as slaves but the Ancients also used Humans in their planet seeding .

I mean what happen from the time the Alterans arrive and ascended.There are so many unanswered questions.Like WHAT OR WHO ARE THE FURLINGS?Were there other races in the Pegas's Galaxy ?Where the Asgard in another Galaxy when they died or we're they in some part of ours ?
    When the Anicents return to earth where did they all go ?(ok we know some Ascended ,somedied out in a plague ,some even returned to other planest throught the gate .
    Was Camolet a earth based legend or a Camolet based one ?Imean if King Arthur was from another planet ?How did the legend get started on earth ,Also with Merlin himself on another planet?

If your sit down and realy think about the StarGate world Timeline alot of things don't add up ?

Ok what do you think?

Ok, the Ancients seeded the Galaxy after the plague some millions of years ago. The Goauld didn't evolve until 10000-15000 years ago. Ra found Earth 8000 years ago and that's when they took humans as hosts. Also around this time the Ancients in the Pegasus Galaxy came back to Earth through the gate since the war couldn't be won there. It isn't until they come back that they meet the Asgard and help form the great alliance. I assume the Asgard hadn't evolved millions of years ago when the Ancients left. The Ancients on Earth then just lived out there lives after they returned, using what they knew to influence the blossoming human civilizations outside Egypt where Ra continued enslaving humans until they revolted.

Merlin, the Ancient Moros, de-ascended and retook human form on Earth around 1000 AD so he could build the weapon against the Ori. But since he retained the knowledge he gained as an Ancient, thus breaking the rules, he was punished and his weapon destroyed. However, instead of killing or permanently descending him, they put him in stasis so someone could revive him if the Ori did become a threat. His powers most likely inspired the Arthurian legend.

Some of your questions are left unanswered or are yet to be. The Furlings? Not much has been said besides they were one of the four great races. Don't even know if they're still around. Other races in Pegasus...I'm sure we'll see in Atlantis.

Comment

The Ancients who returned to Earth 10,000 years ago gave up on rebuilding their society so they weren't going to form an alliance when they're living in primitive conditions, complaining that there is no advanced technology besides what they carried out of Atlantis with them. But even so the Asgard once told Sg-1 that the Ancients left to go to another part of the universe which suggests that the last contact they had with them was before Atlantis left and knew nothing of Ancients returning to Earth 10,000 years ago.

Obviously 50 thousand years ago the Asgard had yet to develop inter-galactic hyperdrive engines so the Ancients would've had to meet them on Ida and given them something that allowed them to travel to the Milky Way when the four races got together (they likely wouldn't have had a power source capable of powering the gate between galaxies). But if you think about it, it wouldn't be unlikely that when the Ancients met the Asgard millions of years ago they were on the level Earth is now. However, without access to massive amounts of alien technology that they could use to rush their development along they got to their current state the old fashion way.
      Last edited by Xaeden; 24 October 2007, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I'll add that while Ra was the Supreme System Lord 8000 BC, his reign only followed that of Sokar, who got kicked by an alliance against him, and put down to some powerful but less influential System Lord.

There's a website about Stargate that is very complete about that kind of info.
        It even has a chronology.
        I think it's held by the chick who also wrote the official ultimate guide for SG-1.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I believe the ancients set up some advanced human civilizations at some point long ago, maybe they didn't ALL leave for pegasus. Two examples are the tollan and perhaps Martin Lloyd's group since they have a very advanced ship with beaming technology well ahead of any other humans technology.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
            I believe the ancients set up some advanced human civilizations at some point long ago, maybe they didn't ALL leave for pegasus. Two examples are the tollan and perhaps Martin Lloyd's group since they have a very advanced ship with beaming technology well ahead of any other humans technology.
            Anyone have any ideas how these advanced civilizations occurred? Is it because they are more advanced naturally, like Jonas, so they were able to be much more advanced in an equal amount of time. However things stated in the show lead me to believe that this is not what happened.

Comment

With the exception of the Furlings, everything you've asked can be explained if you rewatch the show.

For instance, when the Ancients left for Pegasus, the Goa'uld were swimming in lakes on P3X-888 and we learnt that in season four.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                With the exception of the Furlings, everything you've asked can be explained if you rewatch the show.

For instance, when the Ancients left for Pegasus, the Goa'uld were swimming in lakes on P3X-888 and we learnt that in season four.
                Whose question are you answering?

Comment

It's the second line in the first post, "It went to the Pegas Galaxy and started a new Colony .Ok what were the Goauld doing that time". The very first question the guy asked.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    It's the second line in the first post, "It went to the Pegas Galaxy and started a new Colony .Ok what were the Goauld doing that time". The very first question the guy asked.
                    I think the goa'uld were swimming around at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                      Anyone have any ideas how these advanced civilizations occurred? Is it because they are more advanced naturally, like Jonas, so they were able to be much more advanced in an equal amount of time. However things stated in the show lead me to believe that this is not what happened.
                      Are you talking about when Daniel explains to General Hammond that a good explaination for the Tollan being more advanced than Earth is because they may not have had the Dark Ages? I remember him saying that Earth could possibly have already been colonizing space if it hadn't been for the Dark Ages.

Comment

As well as that (this is conjecture btw) they may not have had religion that stopped people from being allowed to carry out research that would stop them from advancing. Perhaps they had better luck, many of our scientific discoveries have been made through shear dumb luck and bad luck for some things where they were so close to figuring something out. It's hard to beleive that that 700 years would have made that much difference, the tollans were pretty advanced.
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
                          Where the Asgard in another Galaxy when they died or we're they in some part of ours ?
                          They are/were in another galaxy, thor says this when he says that in his home galaxy he is facing an even worse enemy. (I'm not sure on the ep.)
                          Best quotes ever:
                          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                          Thor:I like the yellow ones
                          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                            (I'm not sure on the ep.)
                            it is in fiar game(3 season) , hi siad it when jack asked whe the asgard whould not just send ships

Comment

Maybe the Alterrans made a pit stop in the Asgard galaxy first before coming to the Milky Way the first time? They seeded life in Ida which eventually led to the Asgards evolving to achieve sentience. They seeded life in our galaxy, things tooled along just fine until the whole plague thing occured, they took off and left for Pegasus, met the Wraith by accident, lost the war, returned to the Milky Way 10,000 years ago and ascended/died out.

The 4 great race alliance would have been at its peak during the time before the plague. Somehow the Furlings were either totally wiped out or ascended. The Nox somehow survived. The Dakara device would have been built when the Alterrans first landed in this galaxy millions of years ago to seed life. The Furlings and Nox probably evolved from this first attempt. Some thousands of years after they been living in Pegasus they might have sent a team back to the Milky Way to use the Dakara device to recreate life. The Tollans, Aschen, Tauri (us lowly humans) and the Goa'ulds evolved from this second attempt. The rest I think is clear.

Comment

Working...
                              X