This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Tech in Real Life Thread

I know there was another thread like this but was unable to find it. Anyway, this thread is for new recent advances in tech that are similar or setting us on the path to becoming more like the Earth we know in the Stargate franchise. So basically post links to articles of real life tech.

http://www.livescience.com/imageofth...od_071022.html
    Unique crystalline structure has unique ferroelectric properties that could allow for better memory and may open up the front for quantum computers.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

I'm no expert and do not profess to be one either, but I understand the basic principle behind crystals, in essence they can be used in computers to great advantage, and many other application also:

[] Computer memory drives, they can store information much like they could in the STU, Goa'uld ships and technology use Crystal technology to store all sorts of information, in modern aplications they could increase the capacity of a average magnetic hardrive by something like 100 fold, super computers could be a thing of the past and future computers in the home could be the hub of the home, to augment all electronic devices through the hub, all information regarding everything could be stored on a crystal.

[] Crystals I'm told can work in a simlilar priciple of great electronic capcity, making them astounding capcitors and safer to use than super conductive metals.

All in all, I think the priciple behind Crystals could be the next great step in technology, instead of Hardrives, Batteries, Microchips, the computing capacity and storage of electricity would make for a great leap in advancment.

In theory crystals or so I've read, could be used in theorectical applications for:

Positronic brains, in that they could be used for ultra fast computing similar to that of a human brain, that would not be exclusivly benificial to interface computers but could be used in simulations, where calculations are needed well beyond that of any current computer, also it could be used for articicial intelligence.

Weapons applications, with it's great capacity for storing energy, it has been theorised some crystals could be altered, to store energy in many forms, converting energy, in a military application, electonic energy could be transformed into a super powerful energy frequency, with the know how of the correct frequency, this could nullify equipment, or even in a wild theoretic apllication be used to melt objects, or even kill and/ or injure.

This application is benificial in Space, space craft with safer and far more efficient energy manipulation capabilities could in theory be the pre-cursor to phaser weapons....in theory

Building apllications, specificaly designed artificial crystals like those seen in Stargate used by the Tok'ra, as we know, crystal are very strong in many ways, in constructing super strong materials we can use them to build 100% Earthquake proof buildings, safer cars, and even use them to make or line spaceship hulls, in theory it could be possible to use designed crystals to line a hull and then apply a specific energy to it, similar way to Polarisng the hull of the early starship Enterprise in ENT!

[] Superstong human replacement bones.

[] Telecommunications technology more advanced than before.

[] Atmospheric sheilding from Harmful rays from the sun, with the capability to infuse the upper atmosphere with a specific crystal compound we could block the right degree of solar radiation and prevent Global Warming.

[] Spaceship sheilding, from harmful rays, to defensive energy sheilds from weapons.

I think this is very theoretical, but in essence crystals could be used to great effect with the right know how to advance technology well into the 21st century.

Now all we need to do is stop all this big corporation greedyness and lack of investment in new ideas, oh and infringing and self-righteous religions nonesense that would have the human race living in the darkages in fear of the universe!

sigpic
    In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar 2.0 View Post
      Atmospheric sheilding from Harmful rays from the sun, with the capability to infuse the upper atmosphere with a specific crystal compound we could block the right degree of solar radiation and prevent Global Warming.
      .....matrix.

[QUOTE] Spaceship sheilding, from harmful rays, to defensive energy sheilds from weapons.[QUOTE]

.......how?

Comment

Working...
      X