This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori's biggest mistake

Letting this Asgard ship escape. After the sensor readings, the Asgard found ways to beat the Ori.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HnDHntaunM

Fool Ori were too busy taking down Ha'taks.

The Asgard ship didn't escape - Kvasir wouldn't have been back on the Odyssey if it did. Most likely what happened was that he beamed back to his ship when the Ori came through and beamed back aboard the Odyssey just before it was destroyed.

Comment

And here I thought it was using Albinos to spread their message. I mean come on who wants to convert to a religion that is anti-tan?
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
        The Asgard ship didn't escape - Kvasir wouldn't have been back on the Odyssey if it did. Most likely what happened was that he beamed back to his ship when the Ori came through and beamed back aboard the Odyssey just before it was destroyed.
        But we dont even have proof that it was destroyed, for all we know it could have survived.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

i agree, we have no proof it didnt survive. the odessey survived afterall

Comment

his ship flew by all four ori ships and i would imagine he got the best sensor readings of all since they were firing at the same time as the asgard ship flew by.

and it only took secondary puse weapon fire not the main beam
            sigpic

Comment

There wasnt reckage anywhere it's most likely taht he sent the ship back to their own galaxy, it had a crew right? Most agard ships do unless its a suiciide mission, which msot fo the ones we've seen have ben on, but still.

Comment

IMO the Ori's biggest mistake was sending so few ships, yeah they did the job to begin with but if they travelled in bigger packs the Oddy wouldn't have done what it did in 'Unending'. As we could see it was struggling with 2 ships, anymore and it would've been a goner. I think at the end of the day it wasn't the Asgard upgrades that won the battle anyway, it was the Oddy's speed and agility. Everytime it got hit by the Ori beam it still took alot of damage, had the Ori ships not just stood there and taken the shots fired at them they would've been more successful.

Comment

So, if the Asgard ship did excape (which I doubt), then the Asgard were cowards, right?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
                    So, if the Asgard ship did excape (which I doubt), then the Asgard were cowards, right?
                    ......no........

Comment

I would'nt say cowards but they did not want to die.

And anther mistake would be putting only one main cannon on thier ship.

Comment

If you retreat from a battle you cannot win with information that could win you a war, how are you a coward? You're smart is what you are.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Personally I think the Ori's biggest mistake was not heading straight for Earth the second they got through the Supergate.

They know that:
                          1. We have developed technology that inhibits the Priors' powers.
                          2. we managed to convince Gerak to turn against them.
                          3. We are close allies with the Asgard and have the most powerful shields / hyperdrives in the galaxy.
                          4. We have had aid from the Ancients in the form of Orlin. If the Ancients will 'bend' the rules once, they might do it again.

They may have known that:
                          1. We have the Ancient Platform in the Antarctic.

The Jaffa only know how to fight fire with fire, we use a more measured scientific approach to defeat our enemies.
                          If they'd come after us straight away then there would've been no one for the Asgard to leave their Legacy to (not that the Ori could've seen that one coming), hence handing them the MW on a silver platter.

Of course, if we had been destroyed first, there would've been no one to stop Ba'al taking control of the JFN and using the Dakara Device to wipe out every living thing in the galaxy...

But imho, they should've delayed sending any ships until the 8 or so that came through in 'The Shroud' were ready. Sending their advance party just gave the Asgard time to come up with a weapon to use against them before the main fleet arrived.

I think they seriously underestimated us. All the bad guys in the universe should really stop doing that...!

Comment

No, they are just not as stupid as the Jaffa to sacrifice their lifes without even a remote chance to hurt their enemies by doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                              No, they are just not as stupid as the Jaffa to sacrifice their lifes without even a remote chance to hurt their enemies by doing that.
                              But they would leave Kvasir behind (at the very least they couldn't beam him out as they were jumping into hyperspace?) and not use their sensors to realize that the Ori ships jumped into hyperspace so maybe they should go back and search for survivors? More so, Kvasir would never agree to remain on a primitive ship in battle when he could be on a more powerful one instead (thus why I think he beamed back as his ship was being destroyed) and besides one early reference to Thor beaming the crew away when the replicators infested his ship we have not seen or heard about more than one Asgard manning a ship. Shortly after Carter got in a suit he completely disappeared and reappeared the next episode without his ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X