This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anti replicator weapons

I checked the search to see if this was asked before. NO results.

Why can't Mckay just take an Arg and change it so every time it fires, it changes its frequency by a tiny amount randomly. This means that the replicators will keep dissolving and they cant adapt.

If they do that, what's stopping them from sending in 100 Marines armed with the ARG's. Fire & take our every single Asuran they can find. Take over the control room & drop the shield. The 304 swoops in & either beams the Reps out into space or beams in a nuke & takes the city out. Do that a few times or in one huge single operation involving a few 1000 Marines over the whole planet & you have them sorted.

At least with the way they do it, they adapt quickly. Which nullifies their advantage. Once they adapt however, they simply will give the team a way to adjust the frequency & make them be able to take out Asurans again. They then counter by adapting & so on.

In real-life if they can make the handheld weapons. Use Atlantis shield & convert that to a Replicator weapon. Then do the same with a PJ's shield. They should easily be able to come up with something that allows them to take out all Reps on Asuras at the same time or at least a large percentage of the planet. Then the additional fact of having the specs for the Asgard disruptor satellite weapon now!

Will probably get to see it sometime near the end of the season.

Comment

PWARWs......nuff said.

Comment

The ARG calculations require a lot of subtle adjustments that may not be easy to just up and recalculate on the fly. It took sam a while to recalculate the anti replicator wave using the Dakara device.

Comment

Main reason they don't do that is because it will end the story to quickly. Another reason is then all of up will complain. That there copying star trek. I already think there making the same mistake voyager did with the borg. The fear factor of having replicators is gone.

Comment

because this ain't star trek.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

And whoo is to say that certain freqs will work...

Comment

I know we have a hand held version & (I'm assuming) will have a satelite version but what about a ship mounted version, much like Thor made for his ship. I mean get enough ships with the ship mounted version and take out the Asurans on their homeworld, then claim it for ourselves & turn it into a haven for any culling survivers.
                sigpic
                "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                Signature made by RJB

Comment

I don't think that the PWARW will ever be finished otherwise the Asurans would be gone forever, that would probably be the for sure series finale or a movie plot.

Unless it turns out the Asurans are on more than one planet, however, that seems unlikely.

Vala,

Comment

Not like the current frequency would work on the Asurans anyway.

Not Vala,

Comment

I thought in first strike that it was mentioned that area 51 were developing a satellite version that was capable of covering an entire planet. they could just send it through the gate and bang all of asura wiped out, swoop in take as many zpm's as they can find and we're set for a long time.

Comment

Yeah, they were. they were having problems making it though (you know, now that they have the asgard database, it should be easy to make a PWARW) If they did that, they could move Atlantis to the Asuran homeworld and protect the entire planet. Not to mention all of the ships they'd have.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          Yeah, they were. they were having problems making it though (you know, now that they have the asgard database, it should be easy to make a PWARW) If they did that, they could move Atlantis to the Asuran homeworld and protect the entire planet. Not to mention all of the ships they'd have.
                          if only the wrighters would use logic.......and pigs will fly.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                            The ARG calculations require a lot of subtle adjustments that may not be easy to just up and recalculate on the fly. It took sam a while to recalculate the anti replicator wave using the Dakara device.
                            Uh, sorry to spoil it for you, but Sam didn't re-adjust the Dakara weapon on her own, nor did she know how to do it - Ba'al (which really is pronounced like Bay-Ale) did.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I think it may be really hard to change the frequensy and might need some major ajustments and testing to work right on the replicators.
                              Puddle Jumpers

Comment

Working...
                              X