Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened with the Sarcophagus?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened with the Sarcophagus?

I know that extended use of the Sarcophagus can cause insanity, and dementia, but why not keep one in the SGC and Atlantis, to heal major injuries, illnesses, and death. But not for everything.

It would probably be too convenient though.

Because they may not be able aquire one since they are heavily guarded.

Comment

i was wondering the same thing- because it could be useful when using stasis pods for extended periods of time.

could it work?? i don't know
      sigpic
      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
        Because they may not be able aquire one since they are heavily guarded.
        They shouldn't be that guarded now since the Gou'ald are all dead (except ba'al)..

Comment

There's also probably similar tech in the asgard database, maybe even without the side effects
          we've seen them revive Hammond from death in seconds in Point of View.

Comment

That was an alternate reality (the Asgard one), so may not necessarily be in our reality.

But as a point, there were never that many Sarcophagus's around. The System Lords had them and the Higher Ranked Goa'uld. With the Replicator attack coupled with the Jaffa Uprising, it makes it is logical to say that not many survive the carnage.
            Disliked a recent episode?
            Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
            The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

I agree with the theory most of the Sarcophagus's would have been consumed by the replicators and if not all of the surviving ones are not in Baal's possesion then the remaining and smaller Goa'uld would have taken possesion. But as for the Ancient Healing Device recovered by Daniel Jackson i have no idea theres bound to be more than one out there there experiments and manipulation.
              The Goa'uld would have had more when designing the Sarcophagus.
              Pure.

Comment

It would be very useful, Too useful, recent developments wouldnt have happened, sunday anyone? But i dont agree with the Replciatro theory, the replicators took over ships, while a % of the sarcofagus's would have been destroyed, many were on the planets and bases, which we dont know if they attacked directly. Some should be leftover, FJN and Lucian allience must have some. I think they went missing with the Tokra
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

uhh... I don't think you guys are understanding what happens with a sarcophagus.

With it, sure, there may be physical side effects, but spiritually, it erodes even worse. If the SG teams were to die, and know that they'd be revived at the sarcophagus, there would be a different feel to battle. Not just "don't worry, boys! Let's just do it!" but rather there would be a less appreciation of life.

I think this is a bigger contribution to why the Goa'uld were so evil. They knew they always had a way to revive.

Comment

The Sarcophagus was introduced to increase the power of the Goa'uld and make them so much more overlording since they can't even be stopped by death.

Since the whole concept of Stargate as a franchise to to have the Earth contingent (SGC & Atlantis Exp.) completely overmatched so as to make their victories entertaining.

The sarcophagus became useless from a dramatic point of view once they were replaced by replicators and wraith (which are so numerous as to make individual death trivial).

As we've seen with Daniel Jackson, a show can't be taken as seriously without permanent death.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      It would be very useful, Too useful, recent developments wouldnt have happened, sunday anyone? But i dont agree with the Replciatro theory, the replicators took over ships, while a % of the sarcofagus's would have been destroyed, many were on the planets and bases, which we dont know if they attacked directly. Some should be leftover, FJN and Lucian allience must have some. I think they went missing with the Tokra
                      I never thought about the Lucien Alliance or the Tokra...
                      Pure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                        The Sarcophagus was introduced to increase the power of the Goa'uld and make them so much more overlording since they can't even be stopped by death.

Since the whole concept of Stargate as a franchise to to have the Earth contingent (SGC & Atlantis Exp.) completely overmatched so as to make their victories entertaining.

The sarcophagus became useless from a dramatic point of view once they were replaced by replicators and wraith (which are so numerous as to make individual death trivial).

As we've seen with Daniel Jackson, a show can't be taken as seriously without permanent death.
                        I completley agree, and i dont really thinks any ones trying to say i should be re intruduced but were just brining up ideas of were the last remaining are.
                        I mean think about its like taking Daniel out of the series with no warning or trace of were he went, an then when theres queerys its as if he never existed. We just wanna know were the heck they went? Did they grow hyperdrives and fly away? Are the reble Jaffa collecting them for bombardment? Is Vala selling them off to the galaxy?
                        Pure.

Comment

Working...
                        X