Plot oversight i just realised.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot oversight i just realised.

In reunion there's a part of the episode where ronon walks in on mckay and sam and then asks if carter was in cahrge. mckay then introduces ronon to sam as if they had never met and sam does the same.

However they HAVE met before at the end of lifelines. While they were landing atlantis in the ocean sam was in the control room along with mckay, teyla AND ronon. Additionally carter would have been on atlantis for a day or so while they were traveling in hyperspace and possibly for about another day after they landed (or there abouts) So in all taht time no one never boterhed to introduce sam and ronon and they seemingly forgot about eachother completely.

I don't know whether anyone has brought this up before but i had just realised that so i though i'd share.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    In reunion there's a part of the episode where ronon walks in on mckay and sam and then asks if carter was in cahrge. mckay then introduces ronon to sam as if they had never met and sam does the same.

However they HAVE met before at the end of lifelines. While they were landing atlantis in the ocean sam was in the control room along with mckay, teyla AND ronon. Additionally carter would have been on atlantis for a day or so while they were traveling in hyperspace and possibly for about another day after they landed (or there abouts) So in all taht time no one never boterhed to introduce sam and ronon and they seemingly forgot about eachother completely.

I don't know whether anyone has brought this up before but i had just realised that so i though i'd share.
    Good catch! That is what you get when the writing is done separately and then thrown together. Not the first minor continuity mistake on SGA and it won't be the last.
    Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Sure they've met, but did they ever introduce themselves to each other? Nope.

Plothole explained. Next!

Comment

Yeah, Ronon hasn't been informed that Sam's the new head of Atlantis...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Sure they've met, but did they ever introduce themselves to each other? Nope.

Plothole explained. Next!
          It would be if you lived in a vacuum that only contains what is shown on screen IMO. If Ronon had said something like "so I guess you are in charge now, can I bring my friends to Atlantis?" acknowledging that he has seen Carter before then it would have been better. It is only a minor continuity glitch so no big deal because as I said before, it has happened before and will happen again.
          Photo from Lifeline showing Carter with Ronon and Teyla in the background before the attempt to land on the new planet.

Spoiler:
          Last edited by Redhooks; 18 October 2007, 10:07 PM. Reason: Added Photo
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

If you take a photo of me at university, you will see a lot of people I haven't met standing/walking behind me, it makes no difference that they're there.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              If you take a photo of me at university, you will see a lot of people I haven't met standing/walking behind me, it makes no difference that they're there.
              C'mon PG15, this isn't college/university and it is not like Carter was just passing by and then gone. She was on Atlantis for hours and I'll admit she was probably too busy for introductions until after they landed, but if you believe they would not have been introduced then I have to say that I will just agree to disagree with you on this one.
              Last edited by Redhooks; 19 October 2007, 12:50 PM. Reason: Removed snarky comment :D
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Eh, Carter was probably hanging out with the science geeks trying to get all the Atlantis systems online. As soon as Ronan would have heard the gameplan he would have went back to his room or the gym.

He may not have been formerly introduced, maybe they never said a word to each other. Pretty rude of McKay if thats the case.......but McKay is a rude character in general so that tracks. Shep was too distraught to give Carter a tour. Not to mention Ronan was probably pretty depressed about Weir too, another reason for him to go hide in his room or the gym. Surely he wasnt in the mood to have a conversation with someone, especially not someone who was happy and Carter didnt have the Weir depression but probably had the helping Atlantis elation.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  I cannot tell you how many times people at my work have introduced me to other people whom I am actually working with or phoning everyday!

It wouldn't surprise me if McKay didn't realise Ronon had formally been introduced to Carter. And that maybe the point here there is a difference between meeting someone with hi, how's it hanging and a formal introduction. And McKay is at best protective of Carter, he probably feels like he should be her personal welcome wagon (well he did didn't he. ) so he felt he was needed to introduce them. Funnily enough it is proper etiquette when you are not sure if someone has been formally introduced to introduce them. At least it was when I was young.

Comment

Ronan said nothing to suggest that he had no idea who she was. His exact words were; "I hear you're in charge." Rodney then begun to introduce them and Carter replied by saying that she knew who he was in a way that someone who read through Atlantis' files would. Ronan isn't a big talker so just because they had been around each other doesn't mean they've introduced themselves (which we know they didn't given Carter's reply) and even if they had Rodney didn't necessarily have any way of knowing that. So, I don't see the problem. It's not like Ronan acted like he hadn't seen her before - He acted like he had just spoken with people who told him she was in charge now and where to find her.

Comment

I don't see this as a plot hole either. Events were very hectic during Lifeline so there probably wasn't time for anything but the most cursory introductions. Other than knowing each other's names and recognizing each other on sight, Ronon and Sam probably weren't formally introduced so I'm not surprised that Rodney decided to introduce them in Reunion.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                        I don't see this as a plot hole either. Events were very hectic during Lifeline so there probably wasn't time for anything but the most cursory introductions. Other than knowing each other's names and recognizing each other on sight, Ronon and Sam probably weren't formally introduced so I'm not surprised that Rodney decided to introduce them in Reunion.
                        Neither do I.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                          EXACTLY!!

Comment

Working...
                          X