This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from Level to Level

Ive always wondered how they move between levels on Hat'aks? We've never actually seen how they move from level to level, and im prety sure that the engine room, peltak, and everything else we've seen is on one level.
    Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Originally posted by Asuran
    We've never actually seen how they move from level to level
    simple - they fight. the more enemies they kill the more experience points they gain which they can spend on various stats till they reach the next level

Comment

I think its all one walk way, but its slanted. Kind of like a parking lot building. You keep going in one direction and you make it to the top.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Vines.

Comment

Stairs? Transporter? Ring? Ladders? Elevators?

It has never been shown, so we cannot speculate on how the move.
          Disliked a recent episode?
          Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
          The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Actually the lack of evidence provides more scope on which to speculate, I'm leaning more onto the side of the "Parking Lot" idea, corridors that spiral round and up, although you'd with one hell of a work out by doing that, the simplist of answers would be to go direct.

So a ship that big and with that level of technology would need the following:

[1] Ladders, these would be used to access vital areas that are obviously hidden out of sight, going with the universal Jeffreys Tubes of ST, it makes sense a race capable of building ship that big would include escape portals with ladders and service hatches.

[2] Elevators, a term coined here on Earth as a box that is pulled on a steel cable in a shaft, the principle of an elevator is the same where ever you go, so in a ship capable of matter re-intergration ie: Rings, the preffered method logically speaking and with the evidence and ease of which the rings are used one can safely assume that the Rings are the method on which to gain access to vital areas of the ships on all levels.

sigpic
            In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Which reminds me of an old idea that I never posted on this site, or rather a question:

Why dosen't the SGC have emergency Rings installed, we know that the Asgard transporters are more than capable, but we also know that they can be blocked by interference, the rings could be used to transport around the base in an emergency, and maybe used to transport to the ships in orbit?
              sigpic
              In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

at the end of season 6 when they saved the asgard scientist ect, didnt they have a multi-floor visual on display in the asgard lab? the one carter was guiding them from?

Comment

That's a good question. I never really thought about it, but if the Ancients and all their advancments had stairs and even ladders, then I guess the Goa'uld would as well.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by happyclappy View Post
                    at the end of season 6 when they saved the asgard scientist ect, didnt they have a multi-floor visual on display in the asgard lab? the one carter was guiding them from?
                    They did, but O'neill and Teal'c were beamed to the level they need to be then beamed out.
                    Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

I'd say that they use transport rings but have some kind of stair system for emergency use

Comment

I think they use rings. It's what Jonas had to use when Anubis' ship crashed into the ocean.

sigpic

Comment

i'd say rings too. but i'm inclined towards the ramp idea too. it seems to make sense.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

but wouldn't ramps make it unsafe if there was some sort of hull breach?

Even with blast doors, or some form of force field to stop decompression, couldn't ramps that connect multiple floors make it very unsafe if something bad happens.

sigpic

Comment

Ramps would take up to much space and materials. I am thinking they use rings and and ladders. maybe some loading elevators.

And the Q about the SGC having a set of rings. they would be too easily compromised from orbit and the out side.

Comment

Working...
                              X