PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis Action Figures - Ahhhh!!!!!

Markey2
October 4th, 2004, 01:34 PM
OMG!!!! Just read the latest news on Gateworld and am thinking this will be incredibly cool. Action figures (waves stick) Action figures!!!!! What do you think of it?

Hope you can get a Stargate to go with them!

ShadowMaat
October 4th, 2004, 01:36 PM
I want a McKay action figure. :D And Steve. And Princess Bloodfang...

Elite Anubis Guard
October 4th, 2004, 02:00 PM
wats the company making the figures?

ShadowMaat
October 4th, 2004, 02:04 PM
wats the company making the figures?
According to Gateworld's article (http://www.gateworld.net/news/productwatch.html#newsitem1096921381,61870,):

There is no word yet on just who has won the license to produce Atlantis action figures, or whether fans can expect the familiar mugs of SG-1 in plastic as well. Stay tuned to GateWorld for the latest!

Major Fischer
October 4th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I want a McKay action figure. :D

Think he'll come with his own ham sandwich prop?

ShadowMaat
October 4th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Think he'll come with his own ham sandwich prop?
Push a button on his back and he says, "Is there lemon in this??"

DJFavorite
October 4th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I want a McKay action figure. :D
But it's a "full scale" action figure you really want. ;)

ShadowMaat
October 4th, 2004, 03:38 PM
But it's a "full scale" action figure you really want. ;)
Oh yeah, with emphasis on the "action". ;) But we're not gonna go there... hehe.

*tries to look cute and innocent*

Shivan
October 4th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I think Stargate SG:1 deserves action figures much more.

MUCH MORE.

Erin
October 4th, 2004, 07:08 PM
WHAT ABOUT SG-1 ACTION FIGURES!!!!!!!!! That's what people really want! Well, that's what I want! We got to get MGM to make SG-1 actions figures!

ShadowMaat
October 4th, 2004, 07:14 PM
I don't want SG-1 action figures. The only character I WOULD want doesn't exist as far as MGM and TPTB are concerned, so I'm quite happy to stick with Atlantis and get my McKay. :D

Skydiver
October 4th, 2004, 07:21 PM
but will they be anatomically correct????? ;)

it's interesting, i'll just have to see them first before i decide if it's worth shelling out money for

ShadowMaat
October 4th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Dunno, in my experience, the figures literally molded on the actors/characters tend to be a little creepy looking.

Baalroc
October 4th, 2004, 08:18 PM
yeah action figures from movies are sometimes very freaky and dont look anything like the original characters. The article says that the actors are scanning their faces. lets see how correct they look!

Wrathox
October 4th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Don't care about the figures I just want a Stargate the lights up. Imagine a little DHD that works. Press 7 buttons and they light up on the Stargate and the big button makes the WOOOOSHHH sound FX.

ShadowMaat
October 4th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Yeah, but would it be the "classic" gate, or the Atlantis gate?? ;) If it's Atlantis figures, it should be an Atlantis gate.

Baalroc
October 4th, 2004, 08:26 PM
forget about the action figures, the stargate would provide hours and hours of fun. That is, if it actully worked...

ShadowMaat
October 4th, 2004, 09:13 PM
forget about the action figures, the stargate would provide hours and hours of fun. That is, if it actully worked...
Yeah, but unless it's big enough to squeeze through, how much fun would a Barbi Malibu Stargate really be? Short of rigging up a radio control car with a camera to act as a MALP, you're not gonna get much accomplished with a tiny gate.

Although working it in reverse, it could be just big enough for a symbiote to slip through from the other side. Maybe it's part of some grand invasion scheme- snakify the whole planet. Betcha Baal is behind it. He's all savvy and devious like that.

Lenonn
October 4th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Let's not forget there's plenty of opportunity for variant action figures, too.

Main characters, and recurring/guest characters. Probably released in waves of six to nine, based on my previous toy experience.

Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard, Aiden Ford, Teyla Emmagan and Rodney McKay are the regulars. As for others, well, plenty of those.

Hopefully, SG-1 figures are around the bend, too. Then they can release both SG-1 Teal'c without hair, SG-1 Teal'c with hair, SG-1 Teal'c without hair and with goatee, and First Prime of Apophis Teal'c action figures. :)

ShadowMaat
October 4th, 2004, 09:56 PM
STEVE! Must have Steve action figure. And the Cute Tykes from Children's Hour. They can tag after McKay and annoy the hell out of him. ;) And the Genii, of course, complete with their own bottle. I mean, bunker.

Major Fischer
October 4th, 2004, 11:03 PM
They can round out six with Beckett if they really wanted too...

Bagpuss
October 5th, 2004, 01:54 AM
I'm very interested in Atlantis and SG-1 action figures,but I just hope the quality of the figures and kit,uniforms etc are as authentic as possible ! :D

My Gatelets "woo-hoo'd" mightily,when I read the GW news release earlier on.
Also much mention was made of the possibility of Christmas /Birthday pressies,when MGM launch the range.

Edit : I hope they include the Wraith Keeper,Dr Beckett, and Steve.
For SG-1,Jonas(Like it or not, PTB/MGM,he's an ex-main character. ;) )Also,I'd like to see a full range of the Goa'uld,Asgard,etc !

*Goes off to think of the costs involved * :o

Mio
October 5th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Will McKay come with a 'Life Sized Light-up-ZPM'? Because if not, I'm not interested.

nugglebugget
October 5th, 2004, 03:55 AM
It's about time!

They should do SG-1 as well,but I'm hoping they get someone who can do these things right.I'd like to see the system lords represented as well.Maybe little rubber Thor[make a great eraser:p ].Models of the different ships & the Stargate,too.....ok,I'm getting carried away,but still.

I want a McKay with that t-shirt[I'm with genius]that he wore in "Home".That is just so him;) .

As for the SG-1 line,I'm with "ShadowMaat" about "Jonas".He should be represented[not to mention aknowledged more].I thought he was a great character & had great potential.I miss the "little alien guy"[isn't that what McKay called him once?].

Bagpuss
October 5th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Will McKay come with a 'Life Sized Light-up-ZPM'? Because if not, I'm not interested.
Now we're talkin'........ :D
(Also,he should come with a Food Hamper and an Epi-pen for his allergies ! ;) )

Liv
October 5th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Maybe little rubber Thor[make a great eraser:p ].

Aww, that's so cute.

I want a McKay with that t-shirt[I'm with genius]that he wore in "Home".That is just so him;) .
Heh, the possibilites on what to design for McKay are just about endless. He's the Ultimate Action Figure. :D

Shivan
October 5th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Don't care about the figures I just want a Stargate the lights up. Imagine a little DHD that works. Press 7 buttons and they light up on the Stargate and the big button makes the WOOOOSHHH sound FX.

They make one of those, it is a statue and you press a button on the side and each chevron glows red and makes the locking sound.

It's really cool, my friend has one, he payed like almost 1000 dollars for it.

S0f4
October 5th, 2004, 09:45 AM
there was a stargate for sale on ebay a little while back. Dont know how much it was or how well it worked though.

ShadowMaat
October 5th, 2004, 09:50 AM
The actual minigate from Ascension was auctioned off a while back. I want to say the last time I saw the price it was upwards of $5000...

Vespasianus
October 5th, 2004, 09:50 AM
STEVE! Must have Steve action figure..I agree! Steve is the best! And if they're going to make the Keeper too, then this will be a Barbie-Ken situation! :)

aschen
October 5th, 2004, 09:55 AM
I want one!!! I'll get them all... Hopefully I don't go too overboard and bguy $200 worth the Carebears. ;X

Major Fischer
October 5th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I want one!!! I'll get them all... Hopefully I don't go too overboard and bguy $200 worth the Carebears. ;X

But you seem just the sort who would have $200 worth of carebears! :eek:

LadyEm
October 5th, 2004, 12:41 PM
They should go all out like they did with the origional Star Wars. With an Atlantis and a Wraith Hive and such.

Mio
October 5th, 2004, 01:03 PM
They should go all out like they did with the origional Star Wars. With an Atlantis and a Wraith Hive and such.

An Atlantis would be great. I could then make a 3d model from it :)

JediTrilobite
October 5th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I'd like to have some SG-1 figures...

Brendan
October 7th, 2004, 12:29 AM
The Major Sheppard action figure will be purchased by myself as soon as I see it on the shelf. If SG-1 figures come out Jack O'Niell will be bought by me as well. I would love to have an Apophis action figure as well.

Ancient 1
October 8th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I think Stargate SG:1 deserves action figures much more.

MUCH MORE.
Yes, then all the Jack/Sam shippers can let them have their way with each other in the privacy of their own home.

Ancient 1
October 8th, 2004, 02:46 PM
I agree! Steve is the best! And if they're going to make the Keeper too, then this will be a Barbie-Ken situation! :)
So far, Steve comes in a variety of toys.

There's the Bobble Head, the PEZ Dispenser, and now the new action figure that says: "I will be your death," when squeezed

WraithWarrior
January 3rd, 2006, 03:06 PM
I cannot wait for the SG-1 figures. They have just announced 5 figures so far. Four in the first wave and a limited edition Special Ops O'Neill. Cant wait for the serpent guards because I can then make an army of em to fight DJ :daniel: and three O'Neill's :jack: :jack: :jack:

Just thought how kool it wud be for them to make Replicator toys

ancientalliance
January 4th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I don't understand why they are going to come out with Atlantis figures when the SG-1 one's haven't even come out yet...

bluesparrow
January 4th, 2006, 09:29 AM
They're doing the SG-1 figures first...

WraithWarrior
January 4th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I cant wait for them, but do hope they eventually release SGA figures, but for now SG-1 will be fine

ancientalliance
January 7th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I hope they actually turn out looking like the characters, cause most of the time they never look anything like the character they're supposed to look like...

WraithWarrior
January 7th, 2006, 10:56 AM
There is a thread with the pictures of all of the figures with the exception of the General O'Neill figure, but does include the Special Ops O'Neill which I think looks exactly like him, give or take a few wrinkles :lol:

Elite Anubis Guard
January 7th, 2006, 11:40 AM
The Jaffa looks to be the only one good so far...and thats with the Helmet on...I hope the Wraith figures are good.

WraithWarrior
January 7th, 2006, 11:54 AM
The Jaffa looks to be the only one good so far...and thats with the Helmet on...I hope the Wraith figures are good.

They're making Wraith figures? kool

Atlantis1
January 7th, 2006, 09:48 PM
When they put out the SGA figures I want a Sheppard one. I too hope they put out a wraith figure.

WraithWarrior
January 8th, 2006, 06:19 AM
I hope they bring out a Wraith fig and Shep fig, but I think they got make the SG-1 figs first

knightone
January 8th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Traditionally, DST has always made waves of two or three figures in ratios of either 5/3, 3/3, or 3/2/1. The SG1 figures seem to be following the 3/2/1 ratio, with the exception that only one Daniel Jackson figure has been unveiled so far. It would be sure bet that any second Jackson figure is a retailer exclusive like the Black Ops O'Neill and that the reason it has not been unveiled yet is because they haven't lined up the retailer who is going to carry him. I fully expect there to be at least two Jacksons in this wave without a doubt.

Cynicat
January 9th, 2006, 12:30 AM
I'm surprised that in all the possible accessories to give the McKay action figure, nobody has mentioned a little mug of coffee LOL

*luffs the little "Kiss The Librarian" mug'o'blood that came with her Spike figure*

I little model Puddlejumper would be funky, can you just imagine a wee remote controlled one? Zipping about the great expanses of space that are 'Gaters living room floors? :D

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Traditionally, DST has always made waves of two or three figures in ratios of either 5/3, 3/3, or 3/2/1. The SG1 figures seem to be following the 3/2/1 ratio, with the exception that only one Daniel Jackson figure has been unveiled so far. It would be sure bet that any second Jackson figure is a retailer exclusive like the Black Ops O'Neill and that the reason it has not been unveiled yet is because they haven't lined up the retailer who is going to carry him. I fully expect there to be at least two Jacksons in this wave without a doubt.

Lets hope there is another DJ figure made. The other figures have been unvailed with the exception of General O'Neill, they have been posted elsewhere, I will post them again for people who havent seen them.

I'm surprised that in all the possible accessories to give the McKay action figure, nobody has mentioned a little mug of coffee LOL

*luffs the little "Kiss The Librarian" mug'o'blood that came with her Spike figure*

I little model Puddlejumper would be funky, can you just imagine a wee remote controlled one? Zipping about the great expanses of space that are 'Gaters living room floors?

Landing on the occasional Sofa to 'check it out' and then fly back to Atlantis which just happens to be a big pile of cardboard boxes stacked in one corner of the room :D

Like I said though, I think they should concentrate on the SG-1 side of things for a few waves to establish a good customer base

Cynicat
January 9th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Landing on the occasional Sofa to 'check it out' and then fly back to Atlantis which just happens to be a big pile of cardboard boxes stacked in one corner of the room :D

Don't forget the second Jumper acting as backup on the recce mission - it's holding a stable orbit around the coffee table, and staying cloaked so as to avoid the suspicious enemy ship in the vicinity (otherwise known as the cat).

WraithWarrior
January 9th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Don't forget the second Jumper acting as backup on the recce mission - it's holding a stable orbit around the coffee table, and staying cloaked so as to avoid the suspicious enemy ship in the vicinity (otherwise known as the cat).

What if the army of Jaffa see the first Jumper and decide to take it out and the second jumper dives in there to rescue McKay and Sheppard and get chased into another galaxy far away (them stairs can be quite long you know)

HirogenGater
January 9th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I cant wait for them, but do hope they eventually release SGA figures, but for now SG-1 will be fine

Agreed, I think my wallet and my wife are going to cry once the SG-1 figures start coming out. :cameron:

Cynicat
January 9th, 2006, 06:24 PM
What if the army of Jaffa see the first Jumper and decide to take it out and the second jumper dives in there to rescue McKay and Sheppard and get chased into another galaxy far away (them stairs can be quite long you know)

It's ok, they can hole up in the Ancient outpost on the ice planet (aka the fridge) and make repairs to the Jumper while waiting for contact from the Asgard.

WraithWarrior
January 10th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Agreed, I think my wallet and my wife are going to cry once the SG-1 figures start coming out. :cameron:

:lol: my wallets gonna cry as well (my wife would but I aint got one :D)

It's ok, they can hole up in the Ancient outpost on the ice planet (aka the fridge) and make repairs to the Jumper while waiting for contact from the Asgard.

By the time the Asgard arrive, they are under attack from the Gou'ald, but Thor only just manages to beam them up to safety and the space chase begins. Thor starts the hyperdrive engine, but at the same time takes a shot from one of the surrounding Gou'ald motherships led by Anubis (who has beaten Oma) and when the team come out of hyperspace, they are in what looks like to be a different Universe (the great back garden)

:cameron:

ancientalliance
January 10th, 2006, 07:43 PM
^ oh my wallets already crying just thinking about it...

Cynicat
January 11th, 2006, 03:49 AM
By the time the Asgard arrive, they are under attack from the Gou'ald, but Thor only just manages to beam them up to safety and the space chase begins. Thor starts the hyperdrive engine, but at the same time takes a shot from one of the surrounding Gou'ald motherships led by Anubis (who has beaten Oma) and when the team come out of hyperspace, they are in what looks like to be a different Universe (the great back garden)

:cameron:

...where their scanners pick up a terrifying new threat - a vast alien warship (the lawnmower) on an intercept course! Oh noes! :ronananime16:

WraithWarrior
January 11th, 2006, 04:22 AM
...where their scanners pick up a terrifying new threat - a vast alien warship (the lawnmower) on an intercept course! Oh noes! :ronananime16:

Luckily there is an even more dangerous enemy out there that scares the alien warship away (a dog). :D The end of another episode :lol:

'You'll have to wait until next episode to see the outcome'

HirogenGater
January 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I hope DST won't release this series after SG-1, it would be great to have SGA being released between waves of SG-1.

ancientalliance
January 14th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I hope DST won't release this series after SG-1, it would be great to have SGA being released between waves of SG-1.
Yes, so there's almost constantly figues being released...:)

WraithWarrior
January 16th, 2006, 03:22 AM
It would definately be easier to get a bigger and better collection.

Imagine a half SG1 gate and half SGA gate, how kool :lol:

ancientalliance
January 16th, 2006, 07:45 AM
^ How about three different gates, one half & half, one Sg-1, and one Atlantis

HirogenGater
January 16th, 2006, 10:32 AM
^ How about three different gates, one half & half, one Sg-1, and one Atlantis

Sounds good to me. What's sad is I will probably have enough gate pieces to do this.

I wonder what will be Wave 1, hopefully Sheppard , McKay, Wraith.
What variants could they possibly do with this line? Jacket off, jacket on?

ancientalliance
January 16th, 2006, 07:39 PM
^ Positively no clue!:o I haven't seen/heard anything that's even hinting as to what might be in it, I think they'll will probably focus, at least at first, on SG-1 and see what the fan/customer response is...

prion
January 17th, 2006, 09:25 AM

This is what we should get with Atlantis figures...

Sheppard- has to have THE hair (if not, don't bother)
McKay - needs that ZPM, yup, or a cup for coffee
Teyla - sticks
Ronon - knives, plenty of 'em, or a place you can hide them in his hair
Weir - hmm, able to cross arms

Wraith - must have button you can press so it can hiss ;)

ancientalliance
January 17th, 2006, 04:33 PM

Teyla - sticks

Oh! That would be great wouldn't it? Although I like that life size ZPM thing... everyone needs one of those, or if he came with a working one we could all cut down on our energy expenses...:D

HirogenGater
January 17th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Teyla - sticks

That brings up another good point, I wonder they DST will include Ford or Ronan in the firset few waves.

ancientalliance
January 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
That brings up another good point, I wonder they DST will include Ford or Ronan in the firset few waves.

I guess it depends on whether or not they want it to look like/ come out as the curent team or start in Season One and build from there...:ford: :ronan:

knightone
January 17th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Ronon might end up like the Jaffa in wave 1. Since he only has one outfit really. Of course, that's kinda true for most of the Atlantis characters. My guess is that we won't see Atlantis figures until at least four waves of SG1 figures have been released as the longer they put it off, the more chances of more varations for the characters. But they won't put it off so long that SGA fans will be too upset over the lack of figures.

WraithWarrior
January 21st, 2006, 07:23 AM
Sounds good to me. What's sad is I will probably have enough gate pieces to do this.

Me too :cameron: ill prob have enough for gates on each planet in galaxy then you could get a real effect of the show (leave through one and come out of another) :lol:, well maybe not too many but Ill prob have more than one

HirogenGater
January 21st, 2006, 11:36 AM
Ronon might end up like the Jaffa in wave 1. Since he only has one outfit really. Of course, that's kinda true for most of the Atlantis characters. My guess is that we won't see Atlantis figures until at least four waves of SG1 figures have been released as the longer they put it off, the more chances of more varations for the characters. But they won't put it off so long that SGA fans will be too upset over the lack of figures.

Don't take offense, but I hope your wrong. I would like to see Atlantis figures being released at least after two waves of SG-1. It would be much better imo if this series was released between waves of SG-1 as I stated before. But I will try not to get my hopes up.

WraithWarrior
January 21st, 2006, 01:24 PM
Don't take offense, but I hope your wrong. I would like to see Atlantis figures being released at least after two waves of SG-1. It would be much better imo if this series was released between waves of SG-1 as I stated before. But I will try not to get my hopes up.

I dont know, I agree with you that they should make them but not too quickly (at least 3 waves) because I mean SG-1 did make 7 seasons before Atlantis was made and I think that it is only fair to create at least the most recognised characters of SG-1 (Jack, which they have made, Daniel which has also been made, Sam, Teal'c, Apophis, maybe Hammond and Fraiser) before they start to create the Atlantis figures.

But they should keep us waiting too long before releasing them

ancientalliance
January 21st, 2006, 02:13 PM
^ I hope they will release at least two waves, hopefully three by the end of the year... then Atlantis in the late part of this year,or very early part of next year...*crosses fingers* even though I'd like all of them much sooner...

WraithWarrior
January 21st, 2006, 02:18 PM
^ WOW you dont waste time do you, I mean I want the figures now but well be lucky if we get wave 2 by the end of this year according to what other people have posted about this subject (I dont know about the habits of toy companies, but other people do)

Like your thinkin!!! :D

ancientalliance
January 21st, 2006, 02:24 PM
^ Well, I don't have any other action figures really so I don't know how the usual timing of the waves goes and I'm a very impatient person! :D

WraithWarrior
January 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM
^ Me neither thats why I have taken the advice from other people and I can tell :D

ancientalliance
January 21st, 2006, 02:36 PM
^ I know from a lot of my posts it's pretty obvious!:D

WraithWarrior
January 21st, 2006, 02:37 PM
^ :lol: Im quite impatient too, I want something as soon as I think about having it

HirogenGater
January 21st, 2006, 04:24 PM
^ WOW you dont waste time do you, I mean I want the figures now but well be lucky if we get wave 2 by the end of this year according to what other people have posted about this subject (I dont know about the habits of toy companies, but other people do)

Like your thinkin!!! :D

You know what's funny? I go to Target and Wal-Mart a lot and see a bunch of new Star Wars figures in the toy aisle every few months. Why do those get pumped out so fast? It's going to be very tough for me to wait until 2007 to finish my SG team. :(

knightone
January 21st, 2006, 04:32 PM

Oh, no offense taken. I would like to see Atlantis figures as well and sooner rather than later. It's just that the reality of such things doesn't usually mesh up very well with what we would wish for. Even the Buffy figures, which became hugely popular, were around for a couple of years before they got a concurrent Angel line going. It takes time and resources to plan and expand a line. REalistically, we won't see Atlantis figures until after three or four waves of SG1 because DST doesn't know how the line will do, even if the line is hugely successful, they will need a good deal of time to coordinate a second line of Atlantis figures, and they will have to devote resources for that line as well on top of any nadditional plans for SG1.

As for wanting wave 3 by year's end, I would also like to see as many SG1 figures as they can produce in a year. But seeing how wave 1 isn't going to be out until summer/fall, and it usually take 4-6 months to get another wave out after a release I'm still saying we'll be lucky to see wave 2 by year's end. You have to keep in mind that it take 9 months minimum to get a figure from concept to manufacturing, and that's under ideal circumstances. It takes an enitre team to conceptualize and prototype a line and the team can only work on one wave at a time. As much as we would like to see more toys and figures, it's actually not a simple process and they can't just crank them out one after the other. That's just the unfortunate reality of things. Once the line gets going, though, I'm sure we'll be able to expect three, maybe four, waves per year. Since this is only the beginning, we're going to have to be patient.

You know what's funny? I go to Target and Wal-Mart a lot and see a bunch of new Star Wars figures in the toy aisle every few months. Why do those get pumped out so fast? It's going to be very tough for me to wait until 2007 to finish my SG team. :(

First, Hasbro is a major manufacturer of toys. They're second in the industry and have been around for a very long time. They have the resources and in-house personnel to pump out more product than anyone except Mattel (who's number one in the industry and Hasbro's only major cometiton). Second Star Wars is a long lived line with a large and well established customer base as well as being very appealing to young children year after year. Hasbro is able to devote more resources and people than DST even has access to or would be able to have access to even if they wanted it and Hasbro is more than willing to to so because they know SW is a sure sell no matter what. DST and their associates aren't Hasbro and don't have the resources a company like that would have. They also don't know how well the SG line is going to do yet. Also, DST never plans more than two waves ahead because they never know how well the specialty market is going to perform at any given time. Even a successful line can have the bottom drop out because the specialty toy and comic industry is having a dry spell. Hasbro's SW line doesn't have to worry as much because, between the collector's and children's market, they're covered either way. The same can be said of Hasbro's GI Joe and Transformers line, lines which also appeal to both children and collectors. DST's market is different and so their strategies and busioness practices also have to be different.

WraithWarrior
January 22nd, 2006, 03:42 AM
^ Are you an employee of some comic shop or do you just collect alot of figures, you have lots of knowledge my friend :D

You know what's funny? I go to Target and Wal-Mart a lot and see a bunch of new Star Wars figures in the toy aisle every few months. Why do those get pumped out so fast? It's going to be very tough for me to wait until 2007 to finish my SG team.

I know, but as knightone said somewhere in his post DST will eventually just pump them out very quickly when the customer base is established and they have completed a few waves of the SG figures, be patient young one :D

ancientalliance
January 22nd, 2006, 11:18 AM
^ I think it's pretty much established that anyone waiting for this stuff is going to become very impatient, very quickly...;)

HirogenGater
January 22nd, 2006, 11:33 AM
Ok, so we can expect SG-1 Wave 1 Sum/Fall 06, SG-1 Wave 2 Spring/Sum 07? Maybe SG-1 Wave 3 Winter 07?

Here's hoping that SG-1 sales are great, and DST pumps out waves of SG-1 and Atlantis quickly.

WraithWarrior
January 22nd, 2006, 12:22 PM
^Hopefully they will pump them out quicker than that but thats not too bad I suppose, its better than waiting for 2007 for wave 1 and who knows maybe they will suprise us all and they will be in stores to purchase in June (they may have taken the distribution into account when they decided a release date)

I know Ill be gettin very impatient very quickly if they arent out in June :)

knightone
January 22nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
WraithWarrior, I've been collecting toys for twenty years, since I was ten. And I don't mean I was buying toys at ten, I was collecting them. I was buying three of every toy I wanted to have one to play with (and I still do play with my toys to this day) and two to keep in the package (to have one back-up in case one is damaged or defective). Obssessive? Yes, absolutely. I'm a collector after all. I did spend a lot of time in comic shops as a teen as well as my first year or two in college (yeah, I'm a huge geek, can you tell?). After that, my collecting has been on and off. Only certain things catch my attention these days, but I've been waiting for SG toys since the first seasaon of SG1. It's been such a long wait, I figure I can wait a few months more. At this point, we know for sure they're coming, so I'm just happy someone finally picked up the license.

I think after the first wave comes out (as long as it comes out in summer/fall), we'll see wave 2 in winter '06/'07 and wave 3 by summer 2007. It should be a 4-5 month wait between waves once the line gets going. This first wave is going to take the longest just because everyone involved from MGM to the actors to DST has to get into sync working with each other. After everyone knows how to deal with each other and the line, things should start moving at a quicker pace.

HirogenGater
January 22nd, 2006, 04:13 PM
After that, my collecting has been on and off. Only certain things catch my attention these days, but I've been waiting for SG toys since the first seasaon of SG1. It's been such a long wait, I figure I can wait a few months more. At this point, we know for sure they're coming, so I'm just happy someone finally picked up the license.

As am I. I remember hearing a year or so ago on Gateworld, someone was planning on releasing Atlantis figures. Guess this is what they were referring too.

I think after the first wave comes out (as long as it comes out in summer/fall), we'll see wave 2 in winter '06/'07 and wave 3 by summer 2007. It should be a 4-5 month wait between waves once the line gets going. This first wave is going to take the longest just because everyone involved from MGM to the actors to DST has to get into sync working with each other. After everyone knows how to deal with each other and the line, things should start moving at a quicker pace.

I didn't know that first waves take the longest. That's very good news, I hope there really is roughly a 4-5 month wait between later waves.

ancientalliance
January 22nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
There is a significant difference between collecting and buying...

WraithWarrior
January 23rd, 2006, 03:18 AM
If youve been waitin for that long, I know what you mean about it doesnt matter about a couple of months, but hey I aint been waitin for that long and at least they are comin out :D

ancientalliance
January 25th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Too bad they don't make some of the talk. Imagine a Zelenka figure. :D

Oh that would be absolutely hilarious! I can think of so many good sound bites! :)

WraithWarrior
January 26th, 2006, 05:54 AM
:lol: You wouldnt be able to have a talkin McKay figure 'cos the batteries would run out very very quickly. Youd end up throwing him away 'cos of how much he talks and the fact he never shuts up

ancientalliance
January 26th, 2006, 04:55 PM
:lol: You wouldnt be able to have a talkin McKay figure 'cos the batteries would run out very very quickly. Youd end up throwing him away 'cos of how much he talks and the fact he never shuts up

that's when you pull his batteries...;)

WraithWarrior
January 27th, 2006, 05:46 AM
that's when you pull his batteries...;)

Still think id prob throw him at a wall very fast

ancientalliance
January 27th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Still think id prob throw him at a wall very fast

ROFL as stubborn as he is, he'd probably still be talking...:D

Indum'kra
January 29th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Will there be a toy deadalus with F-302 firing action? They're gotta make on eof those...or maybe a deadalus that unfolds into atlantis.

ancientalliance
January 29th, 2006, 03:49 PM
^ an Atlantis one in general would be quite neat...

HirogenGater
January 29th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Will there be a toy deadalus with F-302 firing action? They're gotta make on eof those...or maybe a deadalus that unfolds into atlantis.

It's a cool idea, and I can only see that happening if this line takes off big time. If it does maybe then we will see alot more items like Stargate Tech toys (zats, staffs, Goa'uld hand device), model ships and what not.

WraithWarrior
January 30th, 2006, 04:32 AM
*imagining it now - Atlantis in my living room* WOW

EDIT:Itll prob be bigger trhan my living room if it is figure size :lol:

knightone
January 30th, 2006, 04:27 PM
If they do make an Atlantis model, it won't be figure sized. Still, a scaled model in transluscent and metallic plastic with lights and sound would make a beautiful display, Anything figure scaled will come in the form of small playsets like the Buffy library playset (which is really just one small section of the library, perhaps expandable in the future by connecting to other playsets) and pack-ins like the SG1 stargate.

WraithWarrior
January 31st, 2006, 05:23 AM
^ Who knows...:lol:

I bet that they will release a gate room playset if the figure line takes off, I mean how kool would that be?

ancientalliance
January 31st, 2006, 03:59 PM
^ Who knows...:lol:

I bet that they will release a gate room playset if the figure line takes off, I mean how kool would that be?

cooler than cool... although I'd probably never make it out of my house in the morning if I had that set up...:jack_new_anime06:

WraithWarrior
February 1st, 2006, 06:08 AM
cooler than cool... although I'd probably never make it out of my house in the morning if I had that set up...:jack_new_anime06:

I know what you mean. You could have the gate set up in there and just imagine Hammond looking down from the top window as the team go through the gate :jack:

ancientalliance
February 1st, 2006, 03:55 PM
I know what you mean. You could have the gate set up in there and just imagine Hammond looking down from the top window as the team go through the gate :jack:

Where can you buy these again?;)

WraithWarrior
February 1st, 2006, 04:01 PM
Where can you buy these again?;)

I wish you could ;) but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens :mckay:

ancientalliance
February 1st, 2006, 04:02 PM
I wish you could ;) but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens :mckay:

:indeed: :mckay:

WraithWarrior
February 1st, 2006, 04:06 PM
:indeed: :mckay:

wonder if they'll ever release a PJ as well, that would be kool to have your figures in or maybe an F302, wot u think?

ancientalliance
February 1st, 2006, 04:09 PM
wonder if they'll ever release a PJ as well, that would be kool to have your figures in or maybe an F302, wot u think?

any and all of it would be great!:cameron:

WraithWarrior
February 1st, 2006, 04:14 PM
any and all of it would be great!:cameron:

I know, Im just tryin 2 think of any more playsets/figures/accessories they could make. Any ideas?

ancientalliance
February 1st, 2006, 04:15 PM
I know, Im just tryin 2 think of any more playsets/figures/accessories they could make. Any ideas?

Let me think on it...

WraithWarrior
February 1st, 2006, 04:19 PM
They could make the platform (i think thats what its called, where the jaffa fly the Hat'ak) of an Hatak, or maybe... no cant think of any more yet :D

ancientalliance
February 1st, 2006, 04:23 PM
They could make the platform (i think thats what its called, where the jaffa fly the Hat'ak) of an Hatak, or maybe... no cant think of any more yet :D

How about a hatak or a death glider or that cool mothership Anubis had back in season 7? or an ancient outpost set?

WraithWarrior
February 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM
How about a hatak or a death glider or that cool mothership Anubis had back in season 7? or an ancient outpost set?

The death glider would be kool and the Atlantis outpost set would be amazin but the problem with the hatak as a whole is that it wouldnt be figure sized, but that would be kool. The only problem though... They would have to make a Deadulus to attack it :D

knightone
February 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM
A figure sized death glider would still be huge considering the figures are in the 7 inche scale.

WraithWarrior
February 1st, 2006, 04:45 PM
A figure sized death glider would still be huge considering the figures are in the 7 inche scale.

Thats true, but they will still be managable and they could even come in two halves to make it easier plus they wont be anywhere near as big as a Hatak or deadulus

knightone
February 1st, 2006, 04:47 PM
Not two halves, but probably with wings you'll need to install upon opening.

WraithWarrior
February 1st, 2006, 04:49 PM
Not two halves, but probably with wings you'll need to install upon opening.

ok but you know what I mean, it will come in pieces (2,3,4, however many it takes)so it wont take up as much packaging, it will look kool when you put a serpent guard in it

knightone
February 2nd, 2006, 02:30 AM
Gotcha. It doesn't matter much at present anyway, since in the new Q&A, DST says they don't have vehicles or ships included in their license. :(

WraithWarrior
February 2nd, 2006, 02:35 AM
Gotcha. It doesn't matter much at present anyway, since in the new Q&A, DST says they don't have vehicles or ships included in their license. :(

I know. I cant believe it, but maybe in the future it will produce them (who knows)

Im happy anyway cuz 4 of my questions got answered and are on the Q&A page :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ancientalliance
February 2nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
Im happy anyway cuz 4 of my questions got answered and are on the Q&A page :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's cool!:)

WraithWarrior
February 2nd, 2006, 04:42 PM
That's cool!:)

I know, what bout you? Did you ask any questions? and more importantly, did they answer them?

ancientalliance
February 2nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
I know, what bout you? Did you ask any questions? and more importantly, did they answer them?

I asked one when they first set it up but it was never answered... I think it was something about release dates...:S

WraithWarrior
February 2nd, 2006, 04:51 PM
I asked one when they first set it up but it was never answered... I think it was something about release dates...:S

Kool, Im takin it that you know the info you wanted!?

ancientalliance
February 2nd, 2006, 04:55 PM
Kool, Im takin it that you know the info you wanted!?

not really... there isn't a specific date yet is there?

WraithWarrior
February 3rd, 2006, 03:38 AM
not really... there isn't a specific date yet is there?

Well no but they will be released in June, or so they're sayin at the moment (i think)

knightone
February 3rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah. tentative is June. Considering that's five months away and the figures are only in the early prototype stage from what we've seen, it might not make that date. We'll see what happens, though. Sometimes things just fall perfectly into place.

ancientalliance
February 3rd, 2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah. tentative is June. Considering that's five months away and the figures are only in the early prototype stage from what we've seen, it might not make that date. We'll see what happens, though. Sometimes things just fall perfectly into place.

We can hope...

knightone
February 3rd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Hope is good. Just don't let hope turn into expectation. ;)

Atlantis Team member
February 3rd, 2006, 09:01 PM

That would be so cool!!! I would hope they would do a really nice set
of action figuires 1st!!!!!! With the new cast members added like COl Caldwell,
Ronin and Dr Beckett!!!!

WraithWarrior
February 4th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Hope is good. Just don't let hope turn into expectation. ;)

Yeah cuz it would annoy you when/ if they dont release them by the given date. At least they are gonna be released unlike Alliance

HirogenGater
February 4th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah cuz it would annoy you when/ if they dont release them by the given date. At least they are gonna be released unlike Alliance

Ugghh Don't remind me about Alliance. Such a shame.

WraithWarrior
February 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Ugghh Don't remind me about Alliance. Such a shame.

Yup, Stupid MGM :jack_new_anime25: :samanime15: :tealc44: :jonas13: :hammond04: :weir44: :ronananime01: :teyla15:

ancientalliance
February 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM

Let's not speak so soon...:S

WraithWarrior
February 4th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Let's not speak so soon...:S

Good point, if they dont release the figures now, we will have to bring out the heavy artilery

Caldwell: shields at maximum, ready boosters for manuevering, charge the wet noodles

Gen. O'Neill
February 4th, 2006, 09:31 PM
i was thinking, sheppard is my favorite character, i want to know which version of sheppard do you want when the figures come out soon. i don't count rank since they dont show it on their unforms, but the unform, the grey and black, or the blue one that he use offworld? personaly i don't mind both as long as the head sculpt looks like joe, i just want to know what you think. :jack: :sheppard:

knightone
February 4th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Since DST does several variants of each character, it's a sure bet you'll see both of those versions of Shepperd. Maybe even the flightsuit he wore in the beginning of the pilot episode when he flew O'Neill in that helo as well since Atlantis figures seem to be short of variant outfits and looks at this early point in time.

WraithWarrior
February 5th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Id prefer see Shep in his off world uniform with his vest and P90, I think it looks better. But cant wait to see what the Weir figure will(when its released) look like

HirogenGater
February 6th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I am very excited about this line as well as SG-1. I hope we will see this after Wave 2 or 3 of SG-1.

WraithWarrior
February 6th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I think it will be at least 3 waves of SG1 before they start to release Atlantis figures. I mean I know I want to see them released but SG1 has been around alot longer than Atlantis

ancientalliance
February 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Caldwell: shields at maximum, ready boosters for manuevering, charge the wet noodles

ROFLMAO (especially about the wet noodles!):jack_new_anime06:

Cynicat
February 8th, 2006, 04:48 AM
A "Conversion" Sheppard would be a nifty variant :D

WraithWarrior
February 8th, 2006, 07:10 AM
A "Conversion" Sheppard would be a nifty variant :D

it would be different:) but I dont think well be seeing this till they are running out of ideas or at a very late stage after their first release

ancientalliance :lol:

HirogenGater
February 10th, 2006, 03:04 PM
There really isn't that many variants available to the Atlantis line right now. Wraithwarrior is right, we won't be seeing Atlantis figures until after a few waves of SG-1.

ancientalliance
February 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM
ancientalliance :lol:

I really love the whole wet noodle thing...:D

WraithWarrior
February 11th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I really love the whole wet noodle thing...:D

I know you do, tahts where I got it from :lol:

ancientalliance
February 12th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I know you do, tahts where I got it from :lol:

Thanks for bringing it back up again...:)

WraithWarrior
February 12th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for bringing it back up again...:)

Its my pleasure, you big wet noodle :D

HirogenGater
February 12th, 2006, 03:05 PM

Ok I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

ancientalliance
February 12th, 2006, 03:06 PM

oh! A nickname I might actually like!:D

WraithWarrior
February 12th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Hirogen Gater:It was just somethin ancientalliance said somewhere in one of her posts:)
ancientalliance:I know how kool does it sound :lol:

Demonique
April 16th, 2006, 05:31 PM

Wraith must also have the phrase "I am your death, that is all you need to know"

Demonique
April 16th, 2006, 05:32 PM

If they include Ronon he must have synthetic dreads and not plastic ones

Morgania
April 16th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I'd rather have various ship models. Puddle Jumper, Dart, ect. On second thought, a Lorne action figure would be nice.

Gen. O'Neill
April 17th, 2006, 05:51 AM
well since everyone is wondering what the atlantis line up is going to be, i thought i share what the line up would look like.
Series 1
:sheppard: John Sheppard-(blue uniform) with vest, p90, wraith stunner and life sign detector (stargate peice 1 of 4)
:mckay: DR. Mckay-(blue uniform) with vest, atlantis laptop, hand gun, dead ZPM (stargate peice 2 of 4)
:wraith: Wratih solider-with wraith stunner and freeding hand (stargate floor base)
Chase figure
:mckay: DR. Mckay-(tan uniform) withy atlantis laptop, hand gun, generator, and dead ZPM (stargate peice 2 of 4)
i think this is a good line up, since first SG-1 figures had O'Neill and Daniel together i think Sheppard and Mckay are a good match.
Series 2
:weir: DR. Weir-(with jacket) with atlantis laptop, GDO, bowl (from "before i sleep"), and backpack (stargate peice 3 of 4)
:teyla: Teyla-(blue uniform) with vest, p90, GDO, and fighting sticks (stargate peice 4 of 4)
:wraith: Wraith-either "steve" the wratih or the wratih Queen with feeding hand (stargate floor base)
Chase figure
:teyla: Training warrior Teyla-(training gear) with fighting sticks, bag, and radio
for this set i think that Weir and Teyla have a good connection and this would be a strong choice.
as for Series 3/4, well i know im missing Ford, Ronon, and Beckett, so it's up to DST where should they go. if anything :ford: Ford and :ronan: Ronon are good; especially if you want to complete sheppard's team with these two. and as for other characters, it's up to DST; but i do know that Series 1 and 2 are a good bet. so what you guys think of the line up? :jack:

knightone
April 17th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Yeah, sounds good. So good in fact, that I'd be very surprised if your lineup wasn't exactly how it will be when they finally announce the Atlantis line. Ronon and Ford sound good for wave 3. In fact, Becket could just be the chase figure for that wave using a rehash/repaint of one of the previously releases bodies (like McKay or Ford) with no or very little changes other than a new head sculpt.

Gen. O'Neill
April 17th, 2006, 10:00 AM
thanks, so what does everyone else thinks? i hope my guess is dead on, and i like the accesories i gave Sheppard. he will be a cool figure to fight off some wraith :D. and knightone, nice idea for Series 3; heres is the line up for series 3.
Series 3
:ford: Lt. Ford-(blue uniform) with vest, p90, wraith stunner and GDO
:ronon: Ronon-(with coat) with sword, gun, and knives
Geni-could be one of the characters we met like, sora, coya, etc..
Chase figure
:beckett: DR. becket-(blue uniform) with medical case, p90, and medical gear
and there you have it, a very solid line-up of the Atlantis figures, i know there is a 50/50 chance that this is what it will look like, but it's just my opinon. :jack:

HirogenGater
April 17th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I just finished my SGA Dvd set makes me want to see these even more now. Hopefully, DST will release these inbetween waves of SG-1.

WraithWarrior
April 18th, 2006, 05:04 AM
^and hopefully not make us wait too long either :D

Gen. O'Neill
April 19th, 2006, 11:20 AM
^^ since there is no word on series 3 of SG-1, then maybe DST can start selling these after series 2.

WraithWarrior
April 19th, 2006, 11:29 AM
^^ since there is no word on series 3 of SG-1, then maybe DST can start selling these after series 2.

Lets hope you are right :D

HirogenGater
April 19th, 2006, 11:41 AM
You know what character would be cool a Colm Mealeny? figure since he played the leader of the Genii. DST has a head sculpt for him (the T&T O'Brien) I know it's for Trek, but I wonder if they can use that for the Genii character he played?

Gen. O'Neill
April 19th, 2006, 12:31 PM
i don't think DST will use a head sculpt from another line, they might make a new head for him if he is made. :jack:

knightone
April 19th, 2006, 12:36 PM

I wouldn't take that as any sign. DST doesn't announce things too far in advance. I wouldn't expect to hear anything about wave 3 until wave 2 is pretty close to production. Thatr doesn't mean DST doesn't already have plans, though. They said previously to expect the first three or four waves to be based on SG1.

You know what character would be cool a Colm Mealeny? figure since he played the leader of the Genii. DST has a head sculpt for him (the T&T O'Brien) I know it's for Trek, but I wonder if they can use that for the Genii character he played?

I doubt they would use the same sculpt. In fact, I'm sure they wouldn't. AA sculpts the Trek figures and Jean St. Jean sculpts the Stargate figures. I'd expect Jean St. Jean's sculptors to want to do an all new sculpt for Colm Meaney.

HirogenGater
April 19th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't take that as any sign. DST doesn't announce things too far in advance. I wouldn't expect to hear anything about wave 3 until wave 2 is pretty close to production. Thatr doesn't mean DST doesn't already have plans, though. They said previously to expect the first three or four waves to be based on SG1.

I doubt they would use the same sculpt. In fact, I'm sure they wouldn't. AA sculpts the Trek figures and Jean St. Jean sculpts the Stargate figures. I'd expect Jean St. Jean's sculptors to want to do an all new sculpt for Colm Meaney.

Figured they couldn't since as you said different sculptors, was a good way to save money though.

ancientalliance
April 23rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
I don't know about you guys but I've been checking with the stores in my area and none of them say they are going to be carrying the first wave of sg-1 figures.... what have you found?

WraithWarrior
April 23rd, 2006, 11:50 AM
Ive just ordered mine from Forbidden Planet

ancientalliance
April 24th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Ive just ordered mine from Forbidden Planet

Where were they on the site.... I can't find them to pre-order....:mckay:

WraithWarrior
April 25th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Where were they on the site.... I can't find them to pre-order....:mckay:

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_614_1598

They are missing three variants, the black ops DJ, the desert DJ and the green camo O'Neill

EDIT: They are missing another as well now since the time I ordered mine

ancientalliance
April 25th, 2006, 04:53 PM
http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_614_1598

They are missing three variants, the black ops DJ, the desert DJ and the green camo O'Neill

EDIT: They are missing another as well now since the time I ordered mine

Thanks! btw, did you see the special O'Neill figure DST is selling right now?... It's pretty much like the rest but it has a limited production of 500...:)

WraithWarrior
April 26th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Thanks! btw, did you see the special O'Neill figure DST is selling right now?... It's pretty much like the rest but it has a limited production of 500...:)

Yep, I want it but cant get it. I emailed DST asking if they ship their products overseas and they said no and they dont have any on eBay :(

ancientalliance
April 26th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Yep, I want it but cant get it. I emailed DST asking if they ship their products overseas and they said no and they dont have any on eBay :(

bummer...;) :mckay:

WraithWarrior
April 27th, 2006, 02:43 AM
bummer...;) :mckay:

I know, I asked on the DST figures thread about someone buying it if I gave them the money for that and the P&P but no answer :(