Who Is Smarter: Wraith Scientist or Goauld Scientist[[SPOILERS]]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Is Smarter: Wraith Scientist or Goauld Scientist[[SPOILERS]]

they are both smart in their own respect, able to create tech either copying or making it themself

gouald :
    • able to make shield tech, small large or personal size
    • able to copy tech and incorprate them on ships like rings and asgard beams etc..
    • very good in the weapons department
    • able to reprogram things like DHD'S and even atlantis's failsafes
    • and among other things..

wraith:

created human crazy device(phamtoms)
    can manipulate things like the aroura mind thing
    create viruses
    other things aswell
    able to program repliactors or atleast give them directives(reunion

im talking about as a particular grup from the race not a single person.

personally i think the gouald are far more clever than the wraith..

i liked to know what you think

wise one
    sigpic

since they both live extemely long times to build up knowledge, and both utilise what is essentially a human brain for thinking, i think they are equal, however, the wraith have a bit of a one track mind, in that they live to feed, and that instict could get in the way of their ability to impliment their intelligence and imagination, so although they have equal potential for intelligence, the goau'ld are probably a little more imaginative.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Its hard to judge! As the Goa'uld took most of their tech but then changed it and where smart enought to improve and make it their own, However the Wraith seem to have made all their tech themselves (with maybe a few Ancient ideas/concepts) and they made theis in a sort amount of time (going from standard bugs to highly evolved and technological culture in not alot of galaxtic time)

One thing about the Goa'uld is that you can't really count anubis as he got his knowledge directly from the ancients there4 some of the more powerful goa'uld tech like super ha'taks, Kull super soilders, Total Recall style mind prodes may or maynot be direct from the average Goa'uld scientist and would not have built it on their own.

The Wraith seem to be more advanced however in diffrent ways.
      -Bigger and more powerful ships with an organic base.
      -More firepower and more practical beam tech (compared to rings)
      -Advanced virus programming with some AI qualities
      -Understanding of nantie technology and replicators (they won't make them however as they see them as unnatural)
      -Advanced and more successful bioengineering (iratus bug monsters, Teylas power)
      - Very Very Quick at jamming the asgard beaming tech (a Technology they would most liky not have come across before) While SG-1 can still beam onto a Ha'tak at will!
      - Could stand up to Ancients and beat them!

One hold back would be to say they have weaker hyperdrives. However this is both a plot point to keep them in their galaxy and becuase their ships are organic and so can't stay in hyperspace for very long. However i am sure they could of built better hyperdrives if they had the chance.

Overall its very close. But in a fight I recon the wraith technology and scientists would be better and win!
      .......However a Goa'uld with a wraith host is a scary idea especailly if its anubus as the goa'uld!
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Well i dont think there is any real difference in thier backgrounds however i would go with Gouald. Both types use ancient technology as a backdrop, either because they are part ancient, the humanoid wraith are descended from Iratus infected Ancients which potentially have knowledge of or built thier technology from However and this is the major difference. Goauld have genetic memories so have a much higher learning capacity, the wraith have forgotten how to repair thier technology after so long. The goauld are still learning. Plus Thoth who was the scientist who created or at least worked with the Kulls created a super soldier that was vastly superior to the wraith. Baal has supreme knowledge of the gate system. I think because the goauld have SO much knowledge, the knowledge of thier entire race, all of them do, a goauld scientist has much more potential than a wraith even if they are working from the same background which is Lantian or Ancient based technology. Though the wraith have got more unique technology they dont know how to build or repair it anymore.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I just thought of something else!

We got to learn about Gou'ald tech and sciene for 10 years! while the wraith so far only have had 3 series and 4 episodes:

During them 10 years we saw the Goa'uld grow as a culture. Like the Wraith b4 We arrived the Goa'uld had stopped at a technological level which ment they were the top dogs. There4 no longer needed to be bigger and better (until SG-1) there4 they became a culture set in stone. unable to think diffrently when SG-1 and latter the replicators (as hinted by Jacob). But when the Goa'uld noticed they needed to change a new era of Goa'ulds and Goa'uld science happened (boosted by anubis). Showing that we have an older generation of Goa'uld like Aphophis and the newer and smarter generation like Baal who embraced science rather than just power.
          This is why we have seen alot more gd exsamples of why the Goa'uld are better.

But now the wraith are facing a similar situatiuon and if Atlantis goes on for a few more years. The Wraith may grow like the Goa'uld and this argument will be alot diffrent (maybe more on the side of the wraith)

E.G. If we was to have this same discussion a six years ago compareing the older generation of Goa'uld like Cronus and Aphohis too the Wraith. I think we would all say the Wraith are Smarter by far?

(I gess the older generation of Goa'uld came from a Queen with the genetic memory built for war while Baal came from a Queens memory of science?) As they can't ALL have the same genetic memory as otherwise how dose one goa'uld share it with another gou'ald and one queen know another queens history? It must be a family thing (however this is for another thread and time)
          Last edited by MechaThor; 15 October 2007, 08:57 AM.
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me
          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

the gouald had imagination since they didnt want to eat their food like the wraith which allowed the desire to rule and beat enemies so the tech had to be upgraded everytime or improved to rule

whereas the wraith only wanted to feed and maybe thats it. so from there their tech wouldnt be at their top peek. which some would of been designed for war with the ancinets and others on improving their food.

and maybe if they didnt have to hibernate than maybe they would of surpassed that of the goauld technology
            sigpic

Comment

The Goauld's genetic memory is amazing
              We've seen them build an entire ship from scratch (Nightwalkers) all from memory.
              I'm not sure the wraith scientists are capable of that, and one thing for sure humans aren't capable of it
              I mean you can study all you want, you'll never gain as much knowledge as the Goauld have in their genetic memory. it's more than a human can learn in a life time.

Comment

No contest in it being the Wraith!

Goa'uld seemed uber advanced & formidable in the beginning. However when it started to get a few years in, that aura quickly went away.

What we've seen from the Wraith & the fact that they outdone Ancients, then they are obviously smarter. People like Ba'al etc seem smart, but I honestly doubt all Goa'uld are the same.

AnubisAnubis inhabited an Ancient, yet still could only manage to build a crappy knockoff of an Ancient shield. Which Drones ripped through with ease. We've saw a Ha'tak be destroyed with 2 Drones, whereas it takes at least a few hundred for a Hive.

I have no dounbt Wraith scientists are far smarter than their Goa'uld counterparts. After all they'd need to be to defeat actual Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post

Goa'uld seemed uber advanced & formidable in the beginning. However when it started to get a few years in, that aura quickly went away.
                  I think the question is about who is smarter not who has the better technology
                  a single Goauld can build an entire mothership from memory alone
                  I doubt however that a wraith scientist could build a hive from memory

Comment

What we've seen from the Wraith & the fact that they outdone Ancients, then they are obviously smarter. People like Ba'al etc seem smart, but I honestly doubt all Goa'uld are the same.

AnubisAnubis inhabited an Ancient, yet still could only manage to build a crappy knockoff of an Ancient shield. Which Drones ripped through with ease. We've saw a Ha'tak be destroyed with 2 Drones, whereas it takes at least a few hundred for a Hive.

I have no dounbt Wraith scientists are far smarter than their Goa'uld counterparts. After all they'd need to be to defeat actual Ancients.
                    i thought that this had been established as being only due to the fact they had superior numbers and not because they were smarter or had better tech.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
                      i thought that this had been established as being only due to the fact they had superior numbers and not because they were smarter or had better tech.
                      He never said they had better technology, but the Wraith would have to be on some kind of competitive level to be able to even challenge the lanteans. The Wraith supposedly had powers that rivaled the ancients, powers are not the same as numbers.

Also another thing to point out is that the Wraith technology responds to thought! That's very advanced in itself, the Goa'uld don't have thought controlled starships. Wraith bio engineering is also in a completely different league to the Goa'uld they're light years a head of them in that department.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The only reason that the 2 drones destoryed that Ha'tak was because it hit a CRITICAL spot, not because Ha'taks are weak. Remember in "Lost city" it took thousands of drones to destroy all the Ha'taks, not a few dozen.

Vala,

Comment

well i think the gouald existed long before the wraith was created or evolved and yet the wraith seem to be on a certain level of technology that no other race has been before...and if they didnt hibernate for those 10,000 years and would think that their tech would be quite far ahead

whereas the goauld tech seemed to reach its highest point
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                            well i think the gouald existed long before the wraith was created or evolved and yet the wraith seem to be on a certain level of technology that no other race has been before...and if they didnt hibernate for those 10,000 years and would think that their tech would be quite far ahead

not true (IMHO)!!
                            the goauld came to earth around 8000 years ago i think, the wraith defeated the alterans 10000 years ago. i can't believe the goauld had been around more than a couple of thousand years at the very most, at that point.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post

The Goa'uld have only exited for 5000 years, the Wraith for over 10000.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                              X