X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shroud: Question MIGHT BE A SPOILER Trying to play it safe

I'm not sure where everyone is episode wise so I played cautious when
    writing this post.

This question might be a spoiler so I put it in spoiler bubble.....

Spoiler:

What was the point of leaving Merlin's wepon on the Ori ship as it
    went critical passing through the supergate?

And howcome Daniel was able to knock Adria out? Won't the weapon affect her
    when it goes off? I do hope so she's a kind of a ***** and stubborn. She has
    free will, she can change the way the Ori live and act.

Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
    I'm not sure where everyone is episode wise so I played cautious when
    writing this post.

This question might be a spoiler so I put it in spoiler bubble.....

Spoiler:

What was the point of leaving Merlin's wepon on the Ori ship as it
    went critical passing through the supergate?

And howcome Daniel was able to knock Adria out? Won't the weapon affect her
    when it goes off? I do hope so she's a kind of a ***** and stubborn. She has
    free will, she can change the way the Ori live and act.
    Because the weapon was set on a timer, and it went off while inside the Ori Home Galaxy, thus negating them. I forget how the weapon was explained.

Daniel overcame the Anti-Prior Device, which allowed him to knock her out.

Which weapon? The one capable of negating Ascended Beings or the Anti-Prior Device? The Weapon capable of nagting Ascended Beings would not affect her because at that time, she was not ascended, just a living person.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
      Because the weapon was set on a timer, and it went off while inside the Ori Home Galaxy, thus negating them. I forget how the weapon was explained.

Daniel overcame the Anti-Prior Device, which allowed him to knock her out.

Which weapon? The one capable of negating Ascended Beings or the Anti-Prior Device? The Weapon capable of nagting Ascended Beings would not affect her because at that time, she was not ascended, just a living person.

And yet they let her get away.... What didn't capture her and remove
      her fancy jewelry protection thingy

Comment

Uhm Vala did try, problem was no one on the Odyssey knew that when they were beamed away and they couldnt exactly stop the ship because he Sangraal's timer was about to go off and if it went off in the MW galaxy it would have destroyed the Ascended Ancients and allowed the Ori to directly intervene in the affairs of the mortal world.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I hope the device didn't go off, it would be such a rubbish way to get rid of the Ori, we never even saw an ancient vs Ori one on one battle. Neither did we see them properly, not like Orlin or Daniel or Morgan, only the flaming face and the little whispy thing in 'Origin'.

Comment

The Ancients don't fight their own battles. They run and hide and then expect the humansa to fight for them.

Comment

But if the weapon does go off and kill Ori what happens to the Priors?

There'll be no one to tell them what to do? Is that why all those ships
              came out the gate?

Surely being untied from their bonds woudl have instilled a sense of
              freedom rather then pissing them off

Comment

came out the gate?

No because they were their gods, they'd be right peed if we managed to destroy their gods. all of the followers are devoted, they were raised to believe these were their gods and protectors, they're not going to feel a sense of freedom.

I hope the Ori did survive and sent more ships because they got peed we actually tried to use the weapon on them.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                  The Ancients don't fight their own battles. They run and hide and then expect the humansa to fight for them.
                  The Ancients know that a direct battle with the Ori would most-likely end in defeat or a pyyrhic victory at best. So they did the next best thing and shielded the Milky Way, thus hoping to avoid such a disasterous war.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

came out the gate?

The Priors would most likely continue the work regardless.

Remember that the Ori have possibly billions of worshippers, so even if we destroyed the Ori (which is not confirmed in the series), we still have their followers to deal with (Doci, Priors and Soldiers).

It took 8 years before the bulk of the Jaffa were free from their bonds to the Goa'uld. But even then, the battle was not over.
                    1. Baal became the strongest Gao'uld power (Ex Deus Machina, Stronghold, Off The Grid, Insiders and Dominion are episodic examples),
                    2. Baal brainwashed some Jaffa to join him (Stronghold),
                    3. Gerak was a bit of a threat (Origin, Beachhead and The Fourth Horseman),
                    4. The Jaffa Civil War (The Fourth Horseman),
                    5. and Ardak (Talion).

So even when the Goa'uld were defeated. That was only the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                      No because they were their gods, they'd be right peed if we managed to destroy their gods. all of the followers are devoted, they were raised to believe these were their gods and protectors, they're not going to feel a sense of freedom.

I hope the Ori did survive and sent more ships because they got peed we actually tried to use the weapon on them.
                      I'm hoping the Ori survived as well. It would be a shame to have done away with them so quickly, and off-screen like that. I'm hoping we still have them, and not just Adria and the Ori followers, to deal with in Ark of Truth.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I'm hoping the Ori survived as well. It would be a shame to have done away with them so quickly, and off-screen like that. I'm hoping we still have them, and not just Adria and the Ori followers, to deal with in Ark of Truth.
                        Unfortunately knowing TPTB they've just taken the easy way out and had the actual Ori dealt with offscreen. I mean if the Ori aren't dead then travelling about their galaxy looking for the Ark is going to be impossible as they can act there. I'd love it if there's a revelation that there's more than one Ori controlled Galaxy and the Ark would just convert the followers in that particular one but as this movie is going to rap up the storyline it seems impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                          Unfortunately knowing TPTB they've just taken the easy way out and had the actual Ori dealt with offscreen. I mean if the Ori aren't dead then travelling about their galaxy looking for the Ark is going to be impossible as they can act there. I'd love it if there's a revelation that there's more than one Ori controlled Galaxy and the Ark would just convert the followers in that particular one but as this movie is going to rap up the storyline it seems impossible.
                          Still, there is a chance the Ori weren't completely destroyed. Some may have found a way to survive. At the very least, that's what I'm hoping for. Either way though, I still feel this will be one hell of a great movie.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            The Ancients know that a direct battle with the Ori would most-likely end in defeat or a pyyrhic victory at best. So they did the next best thing and shielded the Milky Way, thus hoping to avoid such a disasterous war.
                            And demanded that the humans fight the war they are too chicken to fight, acknowledging they ran because they would lose. At the same time demanding the humans fight the war for them, because they would lose. And, not provide the humans with any requisite help.

Yep, great critters they are.

Comment

I always thought that one cool way for the Ori to avoid the Sangraal's effects was to descend into the corporeal plain and once the threat was over, ascend once again... but doubt that will happen sadly and I suspect that Adria will be the only Ori in the show now.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X