Replicator prisoner reprogrammed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicator prisoner reprogrammed?

when the replicator dropped to the floor and start marching towards the SG team while being shot at by a hail of gun fire, it looks like it gave the team a glance, stopped short of attacking the team when it was at arms lenght, then turned away and headed towards the door.

Was the replicator's pause caused as a recognition by it that the team is not the enemy? Or it's prerogative to attack the team over written when it saw the wraiths show up at the door?

If it was the first, maybe other than Rodney's reactivation of the base code to destroy the Wraith, maybe EW also had an influence on the replicators, reprogamming it not to attack the humans?

i personally think it was just the wraith programming taking over when they entered the room. If they haddn't the asuran would have killed them.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It looked to me like he just walked in an L which means that he walked down from his cage and turned left so he could walk out the door rather than walking directly towards it. In which case he may never have had any attention of bothering with them. But, anyway he couldn't see the Wraith as they were down the hallway to the left of the door so unless he can detect them non-visually he wouldn't have known that they were there.

He knew that he was in a Wraith complex though so maybe he just went off to seek the Wraith or maybe his plan was to get back to his people. Sheppard and co stopped firing on him just before he turned so maybe if they continued to fire he would've went after them where as the Wraith kept firing and were blocking his path so he took them down. Anyway that's enough maybes for one post so I'll end it by saying that I don't have a clue, but I'm looking forward to them expanding on it.

Comment

Hmm, interesting... Could it be a subtle hint that Weir has done something so that the Replicators don't attack humans? Or am I looking too much into it lol...

Afterall, we know Rodney activated the protocol to kill the Wraith, but there is NOTHING to say they still don't wish to kill humans. Or perhapse the 'Kill All Wraith!' protocol just takes priority over the 'Kill All Humans!' one?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          Hmm, interesting... Could it be a subtle hint that Weir has done something so that the Replicators don't attack humans? Or am I looking too much into it lol...

Afterall, we know Rodney activated the protocol to kill the Wraith, but there is NOTHING to say they still don't wish to kill humans. Or perhapse the 'Kill All Wraith!' protocol just takes priority over the 'Kill All Humans!' one?

i think killing wraith is their primary goal now but they certainly havnt forgotten about us

Comment

Probably looked at the team, tagged them as a lesser threat and went after the Wraith.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

The lanteans did install a 'do not harm your lantean master' program that was turn off by the replicators after Rodney screwed with the base code, giving the replicators access to their base code, so it maybe possible that when EW got linked up to the replicator network, she patched up the program together and added a 'do not harm humans' order?

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
                The lanteans did install a 'do not harm your lantean master' program that was turn off by the replicators after Rodney screwed with the base code, giving the replicators access to their base code, so it maybe possible that when EW got linked up to the replicator network, she patched up the program together and added a 'do not harm humans' order?
                dont think so man then the asurans arnt a threat to us and that wouldnt be any fun now would it

Comment

That is a big possibility... But i say lets watch and wait mroe before we speculate if it was wier that put that in..

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                    Probably looked at the team, tagged them as a lesser threat and went after the Wraith.
                    I'd probably have to go with that as being the case. It definitely seems more likely.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
                      when the replicator dropped to the floor and start marching towards the SG team while being shot at by a hail of gun fire, it looks like it gave the team a glance, stopped short of attacking the team when it was at arms lenght, then turned away and headed towards the door.

Was the replicator's pause caused as a recognition by it that the team is not the enemy? Or it's prerogative to attack the team over written when it saw the wraiths show up at the door?

If it was the first, maybe other than Rodney's reactivation of the base code to destroy the Wraith, maybe EW also had an influence on the replicators, reprogamming it not to attack the humans?
                      I think it was moreso the fact that the Wraith were higher priority. that and the Asuran was probably captured while attacking the Wraith (probably beamed up in a dart). The Asuran probably just wanted to return to asuras. Apparently he and Mdckay had a chat, according to JoeM.
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

The Asurans free will, have been neutralise once with the code activation. Now they will only work to achive that task, command. They will not attack someone else untill either the Wraith are destroy or the cod deactivated. They may became hostile to a third party, if they evaluate that party like an obstacle in their task to eliminate the Wraith. Tipical machine thinking.

I think that in 'Reunion' was ovious that. The replicator prisoner evaluate the human team like not being Wraith and their weapons not a threat and moved on. After he killed the 2 Wraith drones he continue with the task and not turning back to the humans who were watching. So the priority kill theory don't stand.

Comment

i think he was just walking to the door turned left and exited, and the programming kicked in once he saw the wraith.
                          sigpic

Comment

My interpretation was that as long as there are Wraith nearby, the Asurans are bound by their programming to kill them first before doing anything else.

Comment

I think, that Rodney same time, when he activated wraith kill-code, put something in, that saves humans from them.
                              Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Working...
                              X