PDA

View Full Version : Now Wraith know [possible spoiler]

Anubis-
October 13th, 2007, 05:14 AM
It seems, that nowdays Wraith know's that Atlantis is surrive from they's attack. Because Ronon's frend know and they were wraithworshipers, why they did not share that information with wraith? Are there soon big battle between Atlantis crew and wraith? But they are not anymore same planet, but shure Wraith can search. Maybe someone wraithworshiper have seen gateaddres accidentally in passing

FallenAngelII
October 13th, 2007, 05:16 AM
It depends, though.

If the Wraith worshippers did tell the Wraith that Ronon didn't deny it but rather confirmed it when asked about Atlantis possibly continued survival, the Wraith would probably send ships to Lantea to check it out.

But all they'd find would be an empty ocean... so, no, they will probably continue thinking the city is gone.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 13th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Yeah, the wraith should know.
Also, if they knew about the asurans, and they know about Atlantis, why haven't they attacked them.
And if the wraith were able to come up with a deactivation virus, why didn't they just try to deactivate the Asurans as a whole? Or why didn't they destroy the planet?
Also, if the Ancients didn't deactivate the attack code, why didn't they just use them as an additional fighting force? Are all the advanced races stupid?

rarocks24
October 13th, 2007, 05:47 AM
The Wraith would be incredibly stupid to continue to believe Atlantis had not been destroyed since S.2. What did we do, go trumping thru the stargate to world after world and encounter Wraith after Wraith, kidnapping, etc. Never mind the Wraith that were left on that planet in Misbeggotten, which I've already come to the conclusion are either A) dead or B) keeping a low profile, if I were a Wraith (what am I talking about, I am :P) and knew what they did, I'd be pretty pissed. Even if there was no confirmation, there would still be knowledge. As it stands, whether Atlantis survived or not is a moot point, the Wraith don't know about M35-117.

FallenAngelII
October 13th, 2007, 06:00 AM
And the fact remains, even if they suspected we were still around, what are they gonna do about it? Atlantis is, after all, no longer on Lantea.

Vala_M
October 13th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Why would they think that Atlantis survived if Sheppard's team is going around killing the Wraith? It's possible that if Atlantis was destroyed, that they would have evacuated it and took as many jumpers as possible to a new planet, that is why the Wraith didn't assume that Atlantis is intact since the team has been going on missions, plus, in early season 2, wasn't the team trying to get the word out that Atlantis was destroyed and that they set up on a new planet? Only the Genii weren't fooled since they watched the teams dialing Atlantis's address.

Vala,

rarocks24
October 13th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Why would they think that Atlantis survived if Sheppard's team is going around killing the Wraith? It's possible that if Atlantis was destroyed, that they would have evacuated it and took as many jumpers as possible to a new planet, that is why the Wraith didn't assume that Atlantis is intact since the team has been going on missions, plus, in early season 2, wasn't the team trying to get the word out that Atlantis was destroyed and that they set up on a new planet? Only the Genii weren't fooled since they watched the teams dialing Atlantis's address.

Vala,

Key word, Genii...once the cat's out of the bag, it doesn't matter. Those two cruisers picking up the transmission didn't help things in Critical Mass. As I said, there's no confirmation to the Wraith the city survived, but the rumors continue to persist.

Not to mention, Kolya mentioned Atlantis's survival around a Wraith in Common Ground.

FallenAngelII
October 13th, 2007, 06:35 AM
And, again I ask: What does it matter?

What are they gonna do? Go back to Lantea? Yeah, good luck with finding anything besides possibly a really long wire going from the underground station.

cavalierlwt
October 13th, 2007, 06:44 AM
The boss wraith mentioned to Rodney that he knew Atlantis was going to mount a rescue mission and then he said "in fact, I just got word that they're on their way"
It sounds like he might know quite a bit about Atlantis' situation. Did the wraith see the ships coming through the gate, or did he know some other way? Either way, he wasn't suprised at all Atlantis was still up and running.

andromeda_dan
October 13th, 2007, 06:46 AM
It looks like Ronon's 3 friends didn't know that he had survived Sateda. It was Ronon and Teyla who went out of their way to find and confirm a rumor of a group of wraith killers. Though it wasnt shown on the show, it maybe inferred that after the 3 friends have reunited with Ronon and confirmed that Atlantis have not been destroyed, they reported their findings to the Wraith, which have then instructed them to bait the team to the weapons factory in order to get Mackay's help to undo the reprogramming of the replicators.

cavalierlwt
October 13th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Makes sense, they did have a couple of days to report in to them.

Homeslice55
October 13th, 2007, 08:26 AM
It seems, that nowdays Wraith know's that Atlantis is surrive from they's attack. Because Ronon's frend know and they were wraithworshipers, why they did not share that information with wraith? Are there soon big battle between Atlantis crew and wraith? But they are not anymore same planet, but shure Wraith can search. Maybe someone wraithworshiper have seen gateaddres accidentally in passing

Not that it really matters here, but try to watch grammar for clarity purposes. I was wondering the same thing. Although, even if the Wraith know Atlantis is still around somewhere, their war with the Asurans might not afford them the ships to search for and destory Atlantis.

freyr's mother
October 13th, 2007, 08:36 AM
The boss wraith mentioned to Rodney that he knew Atlantis was going to mount a rescue mission and then he said "in fact, I just got word that they're on their way"
It sounds like he might know quite a bit about Atlantis' situation. Did the wraith see the ships coming through the gate, or did he know some other way? Either way, he wasn't suprised at all Atlantis was still up and running.

I'm guessing there was something in the tattoo that the other satedans were giving ronan.

FallenAngelII
October 13th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I'm guessing there was something in the tattoo that the other satedans were giving ronan.
What, magical tracking ink? Hardly. It's a Satedan thing. Ronon would've noticed if something was off about it.

Also, if that was the case, the Wraith would've known something was up when the un-cloaked Jumper sped off while Ronon's signal was still hovering close to the complex.

Vala_M
October 13th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Key word, Genii...once the cat's out of the bag, it doesn't matter. Those two cruisers picking up the transmission didn't help things in Critical Mass. As I said, there's no confirmation to the Wraith the city survived, but the rumors continue to persist.

Not to mention, Kolya mentioned Atlantis's survival around a Wraith in Common Ground.

Yeah, but why would it matter? That Wraith was held by the Genii for many years and probably didn't know what significance that would have meant since the Atlantis expedition didn't go to Atlantis until 3 years ago.

Vala,

rarocks24
October 13th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah, but why would it matter? That Wraith was held by the Genii for many years and probably didn't know what significance that would have meant since the Atlantis expedition didn't go to Atlantis until 3 years ago.

Vala,

And the Wraith managed to escape and return to his people. Even if he personally doesn't understand the significance, the Wraith will.

andromeda_dan
October 13th, 2007, 12:43 PM

The Wraith boss is a good poker player. He just threw that out at Rodney to press the 'don't get your hopes up' card at him. The Wraith boss knew that Ronon went threw the gate on a firefight, they have S,T and M, so it's a wild guess on the Wraith's part that a rescue mission will be made after Ronon reports back to Atlantis.

Shan Bruce Lee
October 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
At this point, even if the Wraith know about Atlantis (which it's pretty clear they do) they're too busy fighting the Replicators to do much about it.

garhkal
October 13th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah, the wraith should know.
Also, if they knew about the asurans, and they know about Atlantis, why haven't they attacked them.
And if the wraith were able to come up with a deactivation virus, why didn't they just try to deactivate the Asurans as a whole? Or why didn't they destroy the planet?
Also, if the Ancients didn't deactivate the attack code, why didn't they just use them as an additional fighting force? Are all the advanced races stupid?

IMO since they could not feed off of or considered the asurans living, once they deactivated the attack code, they just let them be. No need to waste resources on them when there is nothiung to gain.

Though it wasnt shown on the show, it maybe inferred that after the 3 friends have reunited with Ronon and confirmed that Atlantis have not been destroyed, they reported their findings to the Wraith, which have then instructed them to bait the team to the weapons factory in order to get Mackay's help to undo the reprogramming of the replicators.

That is what it felt like to me when i watched it. They suspected it was Ronon and that atlantis survived, but did not know for sure. As to the scientist, imo he truely believed that it was not destroyed, but i wonder why he did that??

At this point, even if the Wraith know about Atlantis (which it's pretty clear they do) they're too busy fighting the Replicators to do much about it.

That is true... BUT once they re-deactivate the attack code, they imo wil go back to hunting down atlantis.

marty2006
October 13th, 2007, 03:50 PM
i think its more than safe to say the are more than aware that atlantis still exsists but as said they are too busy fighting the asuran at the moment and id presume the civil war was on hold while they deal with the asuran also atlantis has left lantea, so they dont know the planets position and the gate address is mostly being kept quiet

FallenAngelII
October 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
IMO since they could not feed off of or considered the asurans living, once they deactivated the attack code, they just let them be. No need to waste resources on them when there is nothiung to gain.
Not to mention futility. All the Asurans would've had to do would have been to put up some kick-ass shields and drone the Wraith into infinity. And as opposed to the Ancients, the Asurans don't die easily.

All they would've done would've been to anger the Asurans into kicking their asses.

wise one
October 14th, 2007, 09:47 AM
some wraith must know atlantis surived, but possibly didnt find it a threat again since their food was drying up and the civil war plus now the asurans are on the offensive

elbo
October 14th, 2007, 11:52 AM
It looks like Ronon's 3 friends didn't know that he had survived Sateda. It was Ronon and Teyla who went out of their way to find and confirm a rumor of a group of wraith killers. Though it wasnt shown on the show, it maybe inferred that after the 3 friends have reunited with Ronon and confirmed that Atlantis have not been destroyed, they reported their findings to the Wraith, which have then instructed them to bait the team to the weapons factory in order to get Mackay's help to undo the reprogramming of the replicators.

Interesting. I belived that everything was planed by the Wraith from the begining. Then why the masquerade with the "Wraith killers"? If not to attract Atlantis interes into making contact?

Actually the information about Atlantis not being destroyed could have been passed on by: Michael, the Wraith in the CG, some humans form the 'Condammned', Genii and let's face it with a network of Wraith worshipers is not hard for the Wraith to access this intel.

I'm more curious to know how the Wraith had access to the newer intel, very new in fact, that Rodney was the one who activated the attack code, because 'Reunion' is just after 'Lifeline'. I think that we should considerate that we have a real spy in Atlantis.

And i don't think Wraith had the resoureces or purpose to attack Atlantis. This will practicaly end any hope of reaching Earth and obtaining informations about Earth. If they are as smart as they say, they will try to infiltrate Atlantis and get inteligence about hiperdrives and MW, so not the front door.

garhkal
October 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
They probabily got the info on McCay being the one, as he is imo well known in their ranks since the fixing of their stuff though out season 1 and 2 spread. And since he is known to be on SGAs version of SG1 and there was an invasion of the Asuran homeworld, it is imo easy to extrapolate that he was there..

rarocks24
October 14th, 2007, 02:01 PM
They probabily got the info on McCay being the one, as he is imo well known in their ranks since the fixing of their stuff though out season 1 and 2 spread. And since he is known to be on SGAs version of SG1 and there was an invasion of the Asuran homeworld, it is imo easy to extrapolate that he was there..

No, they knew exactly what he had done. Mckay is not the only member of the Atlantis Expedition that has skills in computer programming, of that I'm sure.

Someone on Atlantis is playing for both teams.

However, the Wraith neither confirmed nor denied the continuing existence of Atlantis because the Wraith never said Atlantis. When he mentions help coming and it vain, he says "your people".

Major Tyler
October 14th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Not that it really matters here, but try to watch grammar for clarity purposes.He/She is from Finland, so please lay off. I'd like to see you go to a Finnish forum and see how clear your grammar is...

wise one
October 16th, 2007, 06:41 AM
ronoans statedan friend was talking to ronon about how his friends now live in the city of the ancients and how they are his guest or something..

i think they relayed it to the wraith and thats how they found out mckay tampered with the code

An-Alteran
October 16th, 2007, 09:44 PM
It depends, though.

If the Wraith worshippers did tell the Wraith that Ronon didn't deny it but rather confirmed it when asked about Atlantis possibly continued survival, the Wraith would probably send ships to Lantea to check it out.

But all they'd find would be an empty ocean... so, no, they will probably continue thinking the city is gone.
Actually... they may find the Asuran Sattelite! :S

Mitchell82
October 17th, 2007, 12:49 PM
As others have said even if they know the expedition didn't blow up, the city is no longer on Lantea so they have no idea what the new gate adress nor what planet they are on......for now.;)

Jumper_One
October 17th, 2007, 03:58 PM
As others have said even if they know the expedition didn't blow up, the city is no longer on Lantea so they have no idea what the new gate adress nor what planet they are on......for now.;)

ditto, very well put

garhkal
October 17th, 2007, 07:53 PM
And who's to say they spread that info..

from_orion
November 15th, 2007, 01:14 AM
It depends, though.

They probably have figured out that atlantis pulled the cloak stunt on them, so they wll go to lantea and start blindly shooting to ocean (and it's a damn big ocean) to try and luckily hit them. Or look underwater thinking they sunk it again. Probably won't think they left the planet until someone bad sees the team dial a different address.

rarocks24
November 16th, 2007, 02:03 PM
They probably have figured out that atlantis pulled the cloak stunt on them, so they wll go to lantea and start blindly shooting to ocean (and it's a damn big ocean) to try and luckily hit them. Or look underwater thinking they sunk it again. Probably won't think they left the planet until someone bad sees the team dial a different address.

The moment they looked under water they'd realize that the city isn't there at all.

Assuming that was a Wraith worshipper in Missing, which we're all pretty sure he is, the Wraith do in fact know that Atlantis is on another planet.

gatefan30
November 16th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I would have to agree that it i safe to assume that the wraith know about us but like everyone says they are to busy at war with the Asurans however would not be surprised if the Wraith came to us for help in the war because the Asurans are quite arrogant and in battle they have probably told the wraith that they will deal with Atlantis after wiping them out, so it would make sense to join forces because let's face it wecan't take out the Asurans on our own and the Wraith don't have the kind of numbers they had during the Siege 10,000 years earlier.