• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Reunion' (403) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 403

When a group of Ronon's people enlist the team's help in raiding a Wraith weapons facility, Ronon reconsiders whether his future lies in Atlantis or with his friends.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:49 AM.

I should have known it would be the Asurans. so the Asurans started to attack the Wraith before.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Can you say the best episode of the season!!!

Comment

I am very pleased with this episode.

* The teyla/ronan talk.
        * The Carter/Rodney, and Carter/Ronan.
        * The Wraith backround in regards to the Asurans. is it me or is that a different Wraith complex?
        * The battle between Ronan and the other Satedans.
        * The Carter/teal'c talk.
        * is that the same outfit Carter first appeared in in the SG-1 pilot?
        * Carter went offworld on her first week in.

10/10

Comment

Does anyone know why this episode started at 10:02 and ran til 11:02?

Comment

Great episode. One thing I do wonder though. did the Asurans attack the wraith with ships 10,000 years ago? Why didn't Oberoth mention that in Progeny?
            Also, I hope they don't deactivate the attack code. It adds an interesting element to the show.
            during flash gordon a Battlestar: Razor clip (2 min in length) was shown.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              Does anyone know why this episode started at 10:02 and ran til 11:02?
              I think it's because of the BSG Razor 2 min. preview that runs during FG.
              sig made by me

Comment

Loved Ronon. Yeah that's about it.
                sig made by me

Comment

What's with the fake blood? It looks like red finger paint.
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

don't know. The Asuran-Wraith fight was nice, but short.

Spoiler:

Comment

ALLEZ CUISINE!!!!!

More later. It was an okay ep, with some great moments but also some problems.

Also, was RL showing in that ep? The bf noted it in the training session but I missed it.

Comment

9.5 out of 10

Reps? After hearing the Wraith, I'm wondering if those cats are good or bad. Meaning, I liked them and thought of them as misunderstood---the idea of an "abomination" is interesting for me to hear out of a Wraith's mouth. But then live machines would always be thought that way. No feelings, so sensitivity, no idea of pain or anguish or lust and happiness or envy---the wraith although specied-evolution feel those things and creates the impression are they an abomination or not----technically their not as they feel all of the above and much like all animals on earth are an animal in their own right. Currently in the Peggy, ever since the Atlantis Ex, vying for head of the kingdom. Hmmm...I can see why the
                        Spoiler:
                        SGA Ex might join forces with the Wraith against the Asurans.
                        Anyway, I'll ponder my metaphysical/philosophical thoughts on another occasion. I just found it striking to hear that out of the Wraith's mouth and made me take a step back to re-evaluate. I like eps that make me think---plenty of action, friendship, and I like the added level of deep thinking. Good stuff once again.

General Review: Great ep overall, it was actionary and good balance of storyline and dialogue for the characters and actors invovled. It also sets a good ground work of what to expect. Damn and the planetary base of the Wraith is fantastical to say the least. That was great to see and it looks like their based in the Andirondacks or Rockies---how attractive. They have good taste in locations---very aesthetic.

I like this move into the wraith hives and the usage of wraith and reps..uber.

Much like the Wraith planet---Atlantis is uber hot. Wow---I think we went into HD, because this is speccky.

I'll start with her since she had the "wickedest" scene in the beginning of the ep. Teyla rocks more than anything. She had great dialogue as well, I love that she said "stay strong Rodney" ---I found something extremely endearing about that line. Plus her talk to Ronon's peep was uber hot. Is it me or was she flirty in that ep. Anyway I like her there--definitely in your face, kick ass, and not sitting back taking up the show. It's a bit weird considering what we've been given of the character in the past, but very very very welcome. I like her here and gives her a growth of the character even if slightly. I loved her expression when Ronon embraced his comrades..to me it will live on in SGA history. It was pure class. I need a moving icon of that expression. It was uber...

I really liked the character here. One qualm [two qualms to be exact]...I don't like she went off world---since I hated that about WEir. But she is an actionary character from SG1 and is used to it...but in this role this shouldn't be here. I wasn't feeling it. Her and Ronon was raw...Ronon hit below the belt and Sam hit back as she should. She's not DW and she never will be and people need to accept that on the show and out. Overall Sam was great despite the offworld experience. Back to her leadership. It was just really cool. (Problem two--)I wasn't also keen on that bit of humor after the speech---it lessened the impact and sincerity of her presence on Atlantis to me. I guess that might have been just me. It wasn't needed there and it was rather insulting. Like her speech was contrived---I realize she was sort of mocking McKay but....meh...not my cup of tea. Her moment with John about Weir was great. She said straight out "No!" but also recognized the need to get DW, but she's not going to take the risk. I really like this, becasue I always felt in many of the plans in the past under DW's leadership---DW was totally uncaring on the magnitude of the danger and was willing to risk as much as possible. That sort of bothered me because she did that on countless occasions. Risk is part of the job and I respect taking risk once in a while--but some were more stupid than others---The Tower comes to mind, Progeny, and Michael (ugh!!). So Carter's position here was strong and to the point. Carter was cool and she wasn't insulting to John's capabilities and position.

Great Ronon ep. Ronon gets all the best eps anyway. We all know it and I've come to accept it. We know and recognize him as a person and he's one wonderful arse person. The effect and what he's been through is poignant. It's sad and depressing...meeting his brethren and blood and losing them. It's raw. Ronon always managest to make me cry. I can't understand it. The writers really love that cat. His moment with Teyla was great---her whipping his ass is so much like the brother/sister relationship I'm used too. I love the ending response and their moments and I always will.
                        I can't wait to see more between Ronon and Carter as a matter of fact..good relationship starter and it's raw.

Ahhh...now he's fantastic. Really and truly he is fantastic. I think Sheppard's character has come a long way. He's less hesitant and more decisive. He's alert and aware of the pros and cons, not to mention he's a bloody great leader. I really do see a change from S2 John. He's not jumping on the reckless bandwagon and knows better now, now he's doing it semi-by-the-book and fully recognizing his limitations.

I love Mc, he's been annoying me a bit. Which I never thought would happen, but overall he did well here. Nothing really poignant for him unlike Teyla, Ronon, John, and Carter. But he was on point and typical McKay. I liked him and Zelenka---he's more gentle and appreciative towards him which was very welcome. Plus, I was interested on how on point he was with the whole relationship between the replicator/wraith thing.

Overall as I said, great ep. I had my moments of "meh" but I liked it a lot. I think the Ronon character is well put together----best and really still he maintains being the ONLY three-dimensional character on the show. It was great to see that again and enjoy it. Teyla and John definitely moved up a notch. John is smart...I like when he's characterized as an intelligent and strategic military man and pushing the humor to the side. It always irked me when I saw that in S3. He's becoming more "merc" like to me, and I like mercs over military men. So that's cool to have on screen. In any event. I really and fully enjoyed this ep.

9.5 out of 10
                        Last edited by vaberella; 12 October 2007, 07:21 PM. Reason: Just to fix it up and add a few more thoughts.
                        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          ALLEZ CUISINE!!!!!

Also, was RL showing in that ep? The bf noted it in the training session but I missed it.
                          Yes she was, actually I thought that ep was good in giving Teyla and RL some more definition. It's still not "her" ep, but it had a good dose of her and it was well put together. It definitely raised my hopes on more to see.
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Great episode! It felt a little rushed to me. The Sam leaving the SGC thing was a bit sad but other than that, it was great. I loved the beginning where McKay thought that he was getting command of Atlantis! That Wraith scientist looked different than most of the Wraith do, was that for any special reason? The Wraith capturing an Asuran, how was that possible? I guess that means the Asurans are attacking the Wraith on the ground as well as by ships. Ronon's got to live with that new tattoo from his "friends" now, wonder how he will handle that? For those of you who don't know, that Tattoo is a family crest of Jason Momoa's and they wanted to weave it into an episode.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                              Great episode. One thing I do wonder though. did the Asurans attack the wraith with ships 10,000 years ago? Why didn't Oberoth mention that in Progeny?
                              Also, I hope they don't deactivate the attack code. It adds an interesting element to the show.
                              during flash gordon a Battlestar: Razor clip (2 min in length) was shown.
                              Oberoth failed to mention that they were replicators during his discussion of fighting the Wraith in Progeny. Hard to explain why you stopped attacking if you don't want them to know the Wraith rewrote your base code.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              ALLEZ CUISINE!!!!!

She wasn't wearing her normal tummy showing outfit in the sparring session which would lead me to believe that she was showing.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                              X