This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Asuran have beaming tech?

The Ori/Ancient is suppose to be the most advance techlogical civilisation in all 4 known galaxy(Ori,milkyway,Asgard,Pegasus).

But we only saw Ori and Ancient use transport ring , which Goa'uld had copy it.
    We don't see transport rings in Atlantis,but we see transport room (are they like the rings are just like star Trek's Turbolift)

The Wraith has beaming tech (sort of)and counter measure again asgard beaming tech.

Earth and some Goa'uld has Asgard beaming tech, even some pegasus human has Wraith beaming tech.

What about Asurans, they copy Anient design and even improve on the Ancient technolgoies like their version of Atlantis.

With the War between SGA and Asuran, it would be strange if we have beaming teach anf they don't.
    what Would the Asuran beaming tech be like ?

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
    The Ori/Ancient is suppose to be the most advance techlogical civilisation in all 4 known galaxy(Ori,milkyway,Asgard,Pegasus).

But we only saw Ori and Ancient use transport ring , which Goa'uld had copy it.
    We don't see transport rings in Atlantis,but we see transport room (are they like the rings are just like star Trek's Turbolift)

The Wraith has beaming tech (sort of)and counter measure again asgard beaming tech.

Earth and some Goa'uld has Asgard beaming tech, even some pegasus human has Wraith beaming tech.

What about Asurans, they copy Anient design and even improve on the Ancient technolgoies like their version of Atlantis.

With the War between SGA and Asuran, it would be strange if we have beaming teach anf they don't.
    what Would the Asuran beaming tech be like ?
    I'm sure they had beaming tech. But either saw it as obsolete or had no need for it.

Comment

They may have a variation of it. Something like the matter stream of the rings, but without the rings (if catch what I mean).
      sigpic

Comment

Asurans are basically robotic Ancients - if they have any kind of transportation technology then Rings seem the most likely! Every thing the Asurans have is Ancient (their city, ZPMs etc) why would their beaming tech be any different?

Comment

They probably use the transport booths like in Atlantis, but the only question that they never addressed is that if the Ancient warships have transport booths and if they do, can you transport from ship to Atlantis? The screens inside Atlantis's booths only display locations in Atlantis.

Vala,

Comment

just because they are as advanced as they are doesnt mean they have thought of every single tech or design type possible, tech is created to need and circumstances, the asgard have frail bodies and it is of more use to them to be beamed directly to any area of their choosing

Comment

i think its better to keep atleast some races some tech and other races dont have have like the tollan phase device and asgard beaming, so other races are seen to have these on the show part from goauld since they stole it..

but i think its to keep races to show that they are different from each other
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                i think its better to keep atleast some races some tech and other races dont have have like the tollan phase device and asgard beaming, so other races are seen to have these on the show part from goauld since they stole it..

but i think its to keep races to show that they are different from each other
                I agree, I like how it shows the Ancients weren't the most advanced in every single field.

Comment

I honestly don't believe the Ancients had transporter tech like the Asgard. Because if they did, we probably would have seen it by now. At best I think the extend of their transport technology is the Turbolift kind of things we see in Atlantis.

SPOILER

As reference Weir is present when a Ancient transport ship returns to Atlantis in "Before I sleep". The vessel was in orbit over the planet and was destroyed with all hands lost. IF they had transport tech...they would have just beamed themselves out, which they didn't...
                  Last edited by Toast King; 12 October 2007, 11:24 AM.

Comment

That is very truel... And i would love to know if besides the wraith, ashen and asgard anyone else even thought/felt the need to develop it.

Comment

They might, but we must wait and see.

Comment

well in First Strike episode when Wier talked to the new Med doc of Atlantis they both went into the booth transporter and then she pressed a button to move to some other location the map did not shut as it did before and we sow them talking to each other on the way.
                        So this made me think that there ARE NOT any transporters in a sense as in energy transporters like the rings,beam,aschen platform, wraith beam tech in Atlantis but rather a hyperlift(hyperelevetor) that moves very fast from one place to another. One would have thought that a ship with the size of Atlantis would have required some kind of direct transportation site-to-site one to make it easy to go around the city. But maybe the ancients liked the long walks and talks, prob they were very romantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tainor View Post
                          well in First Strike episode when Wier talked to the new Med doc of Atlantis they both went into the booth transporter and then she pressed a button to move to some other location the map did not shut as it did before and we sow them talking to each other on the way.
                          So this made me think that there ARE NOT any transporters in a sense as in energy transporters like the rings,beam,aschen platform, wraith beam tech in Atlantis but rather a hyperlift(hyperelevetor) that moves very fast from one place to another. One would have thought that a ship with the size of Atlantis would have required some kind of direct transportation site-to-site one to make it easy to go around the city. But maybe the ancients liked the long walks and talks, prob they were very romantic
                          Yeah, they did have taht with the transporters. But I have a feeling it was more of a safety precaution. If the city was ever invaded, the transporters would be spread out from each other.
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                            They probably use the transport booths like in Atlantis, but the only question that they never addressed is that if the Ancient warships have transport booths and if they do, can you transport from ship to Atlantis? The screens inside Atlantis's booths only display locations in Atlantis.

Vala,
                            Yes, in that episode where the sun had that solar flare, the captain hyperspaced to Atlantis and arrived in a transporter, I seriously doubt he landed and got out in his condition.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
                              Yes, in that episode where the sun had that solar flare, the captain hyperspaced to Atlantis and arrived in a transporter, I seriously doubt he landed and got out in his condition.
                              What I assume is that the Ancient ships are sort of like USB Flash drives. When they connect, they appear up on sensors.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X