This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Signs Detector / PDA

Not sure if this has ever been brought up before, but am I correct in thinking that the Ancient LSD is actually an iPAQ 5450 with a moulded cover?

Pics for comparison:

Looks pretty closely, nice find!

Comment

if you look closely, u can see the outline of the phone under the cover lol...

Comment

Anyone know the specific material used in the outer casing? Looks to me to be some sort of semi-flexible resin, maybe silicone resin? Would be good to mould a cover for an iPAQ 5450 and have a perfect prop :-P

Comment

Great find!

I think the cover is a soft plastic or maybe a rubber type thing like the ones you can buy for an ipod
          Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

Originally posted by Asuran View Post
            Great find!

I think the cover is a soft plastic or maybe a rubber type thing like the ones you can buy for an ipod
            if one of those comes out for iPhone/iPod Touch, I'm buying it and calling it "Life Signs Detector 2.0"
            Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
            Check out my Flickr

Comment

Looks like it would make the Pocket PC shockproof (not completely but a little bit).

Comment

I was under the impresion that the pocket pc used was an iPAQ H5550 (Pretty much the same as the H5450 anyway)

I have an iPAQ h5550 that is used as my GPS navigation and net stumbling rig and I have been looking for a silicon case for it in the same style as the Atlantis life sign detector for when I go to cons

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                  Not sure if this has ever been brought up before, but am I correct in thinking that the Ancient LSD is actually an iPAQ 5450 with a moulded cover?

Pics for comparison:
                  Spoiler:

LOL! Gah, now you've ruined it!
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I've known that for a while. I am considering getting a pocket PC, not just because it looks like the Life signs detector but because I could actually use it, are they worth buying and how useful are they?

Thanks,
                    Vala,

Comment

I have an Ipaq 6365 and find it one of the most useful phones I have
                      ever had. The sound quality isn't as good as my Nokia 9210i but I love
                      the whole idea of the touch screen and other things you can do.

Plus it can play mp3 files via proper headphones and other things like
                      bluetooth and Wi-fi connectivity...

I don't know why the marketing people don't actually put these out as
                      phone covers...
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gavo2o View Post
                        I have an iPAQ h5550 that is used as my GPS navigation and net stumbling rig and I have been looking for a silicon case for it in the same style as the Atlantis life sign detector for when I go to cons
                        I have a feeling it'd be easier to mould one yourself; wouldn't be too difficult to knock up a wood or plaster mould, but finding the right material to cast would be paramount... would have to be slightly translucent to get the same effect, and fairly elastic so that it can be stretched around the device.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                          I have an Ipaq 6365 and find it one of the most useful phones I have
                          ever had. The sound quality isn't as good as my Nokia 9210i but I love
                          the whole idea of the touch screen and other things you can do.

Plus it can play mp3 files via proper headphones and other things like
                          bluetooth and Wi-fi connectivity...

I don't know why the marketing people don't actually put these out as
                          phone covers...
                          I'm not interesting in phoning functions, are there any that are just computers anymore?

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                            I'm not interesting in phoning functions, are there any that are just computers anymore?

Vala,

Nope

These days most of these are just computers with phones as well
                            and some even have GPS for seeing where you are traveling.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                              Nope

These days most of these are just computers with phones as well
                              and some even have GPS for seeing where you are traveling.
                              Well I have a personal dislike of mobile phones, what older models would be devoid of that function?

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                              X