PDA

View Full Version : [TV]What are you watching this season

the adventurer
October 3rd, 2004, 03:33 PM
As we wait for Stargate to pick up again, what are you watching on Television this season?

Currently my list is pretty short.

On Wendsdays its Lost on ABC at 8PM and Rescue Me on FX at 10PM

On Fridays I try to catch the newest episode of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends are Cartoon Network

On Saturday, I watch new Justice League Unlimited on Cartoon Network

And on Sunday Nights first it's Enterprise returns on UPN and then Venture Brothers and Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

*RA
October 3rd, 2004, 03:36 PM
I recently got into smallville, its pretty good. But I don't see my self running out to by the season dvd's like I did for stargate sg-1.

There's also Nip/tuck which is ok too.

Tom Servo
October 3rd, 2004, 04:10 PM
I will be watching Mythbusters, Enterprise, Stargate(duh), Navy NCIS and when it comes out the awsome remake of Battlestar Galactica,

D.C.
October 3rd, 2004, 04:38 PM
Doesn't NCIS stand for Navy Criminal Investigation Service? Why do Americans call it Navy NCIS? In Australia it's just promoted as NCIS. :) Who cares. When the new U.S. shows come to Australia next year, I definately plan on watching Lost.

Major Fischer
October 3rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
Stargate is the only episodic television I really watch, though I'm looking forward to new episodes of Mythbusters, Extreme Engineering, American Chopper, What Not to Wear, and Monster House.

Yes, me like the Discovery Networks...

Daniel Jackson
October 3rd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Wednesday - Smallville - Season 4
Friday - Star Trek: Enterprise - Season 4 (starts Friday)
Saturday - Stargate SG-1 - Season 7 (syndication)

Thas probably short compared to a lot of you, but with the exception of Star Trek & Stargate, and sometimes another show, I prefer to stick to movies. :D

ShadowMaat
October 3rd, 2004, 07:29 PM
T- Gilmore Girls
W- Lost
R- CSI
F- Joan of Arcadia

I also catch the occasional ep of Fillmore! and Lilo & Stitch. And sometimes Nova. Ooo... and sometimes Foster's Home and a couple eps of er... that one DDL does the voice of Coop for...

KorbenDirewolf
October 3rd, 2004, 08:05 PM
Doesn't NCIS stand for Navy Criminal Investigation Service? Why do Americans call it Navy NCIS? In Australia it's just promoted as NCIS. :)
Because American advertisers/networks seem to think people are stupid. They had stick Navy in the name so that people watching could figure out it was the Navy.

This year I'm with Law & Order, CSI and maybe their respective spin-offs if I have the time.

AgentX
October 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
This may take a while, but here goes - all is capable due to the magic of timeshifting and digital cable.

Monday
Las Vegas
Everybody Loves Raymond
Two and a Half Men
24 (Starting January)
CSI: Miami

Tuesday
American Idol (Starting January)
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit

Wednesday
Lost
American Idol - Results show (Starting February)
The West Wing (Oct 20)
Law and Order
CSI: NY

Thursday
Joey
Will & Grace
Survivor: Vanuatu
The Apprentice
The O.C. (Starting Nov I think)
ER
Life As We Know It

Friday
Joan of Arcadia

Saturday
The Amazing Race
Saturday Night Live

Sunday
Desperate Housewives
The Simpsons
Jack & Bobby
Alias (January)

Skydiver
October 4th, 2004, 05:52 AM
hey, someone that watches as much tv as i do <G>

monday
las vegas
lax
csi miami (which may get cut off the list)

tues
nova
ncis
judging amy
father of the pride
s&o svu

wed
l&o
west wing
csi NY

thu
csi
er
without a trace

fri
joan of arcadia
jag
dr vegas
whatever the shows on nbc are, i know i watch them, just can't recall the titles

sat
desperate housewives
boston legal

ooh and lost wherever it is

FieryHands
October 4th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Besides the obvious?

Adult Swim/Cartoon Network shows, Nip/Tuck, the PK Wars mini...that's about it. Maybe Lost, if I ever remember its on. Smallville's new episode sounds extremely stupid, so I won't be tuning in.

--edit--

I'm adding LAX to my list. It has Larraq in it! *ahem* I mean Paul Leyden.

KatG
October 4th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Tuesday
NCIS
NYPD Blue

Wednesday
Lost
Smallville
(thanks to satellite, I can watch both of these on the same night)

Friday
Andromeda
Enterprise
Jag

I'm also currently re-watching re-runs of X-Files on TNT, which started over from the pilot a couple of weeks ago.

Slainey
October 4th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Shows I mostly remember are on and watch on purpose
Stargate
Gilmore Girls
Joan of Arcadia

Shows I seem to catch without really trying
Charmed
Lost
Clean Sweep

yaaayoubetcha
October 4th, 2004, 09:32 AM
smallish list for me......
debating getting a replay tv so i can be hassled even less by tv...

jack and bobby
surreal life
shield,nip/tuck,rescue me
lost
smallville (kent's creek)
Joan of Arcadia
Enterprise

aschen
October 4th, 2004, 09:39 AM
I'll stick to the two History Channels, most of the Discovery Channels and random blurbs on Scifi and Comedy Central.

Larry
October 4th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Right now? Not a thing. Absolutly nothing on network TV interests me. History Channel, A&E, news channels, some sports is about all I watch. I don't watch any reality cra...........ah, stuff. Will pick back up with Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis in January along with Battlestar Galactica.

greytop
October 4th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Whatever sounds ineresting. For sure Lost, NCIS, if don't forget what night it is on which I usually do.

Catysg1
October 4th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Tru calling (Season just finished here)

Alias (waiting for season 4)

Stargate SG1 (S8)(Starting tomorrow)

Stargate Atlantis (Starting nex week).

Plan on watching "lost" as soon as it airs in the UK ;)

I also watch the X-factor with Simon Cowell ...pop idol new name cuz they had different age groups this time ...from 16 to 90 years old .

Caty ;)

Kliggins
October 4th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Shows I mostly remember are on and watch on purpose
Stargate
Gilmore Girls
Joan of Arcadia

Shows I seem to catch without really trying
Charmed
Lost
Clean Sweep

I love Clean Sweep. I think it makes me feel better about my house. :D

Kliggins
October 4th, 2004, 09:48 PM
I'm impressed Skydiver and AgentX. I thought I would top the list.

Cold Case
L&O: Criminal Intent
NCIS
NYPD Blue (have to finish)
West Wing
Law and Order
CSI
Without A Trace
Enterprise
reluctantly admitting to watching
Clean Sweep
Trading Spaces

Larry
October 5th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Tru calling (Season just finished here)

Not looking too good for a second season of Tru. They ordered a 13 episode second season, then stopped production after 6 episodes were shot. From what I've been reading, it's probably history.

Elwe Singollo
October 5th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Fox cutting Tru Calling's S2 to 6 episodes, is... retarded... what kind of treatment is that?!? If they think North Shore is going to do any better, which it is currently not (comparing S1 of Tru Calling to current season of North Shore).

Desperate Housewives on Sunday was pretty good, missed Terri Hatcher from her Superman days :rolleyes:

LoneStar1836
October 5th, 2004, 10:56 PM
NCIS (but not consistently)
Clubhouse (trying to make an attempt)
Lost
Smallville (lately haven’t been a diehard watcher though)
Survivor
CSI
ER
JAG
Third Watch (Jason Wiles, I hope you make it back soon)
The Amazing Race (when it returns)
24 – (January)
Alias – (Jan.)

I watch more TV than I should but these are the only shows I watch with any consistency. The rest is sports (Speed Channel – NASCAR stuff, Wind Tunnel, Houston Astros now that they made the playoffs), news commentary (not afraid to say I watch The O’Reilly Factor), or History Channel stuff (love Mail Call).

aeromathlete
October 6th, 2004, 12:13 AM
I wish I had time to actually watch TV this year, but my university, being one of the hardest on the planet, doesn't allow me any free time whatsoever to indulge in television. I think I'll just stick to my Friday night Stargate SG-1's and perhaps Alias on Sunday nights when it comes back in January. I'm really into 24 and Gilmore Girls, but I just don't see myself having any time during the school week.

shelsfc
October 6th, 2004, 03:32 AM
SG1 & Atlantis when it starts next week

Joan of Arcadia on the weeks that RTE feel like showing it...

Enterprise, but that won't be starting over here till January. :(

Dream Team, which starts back in a couple of weeks.

I'm sure there are others too, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

KUtrekkie
October 6th, 2004, 03:36 AM
A possible solution for the time-crunch issue in college is to tape all of your shows through the week, then watch them on the weekend while doing your homework. It makes homework time more tolerable and you don't have to worry about being distracted by the shows and not finishing the work before the next day. :) I did it in college and I thought it worked out pretty well.

My list consists of:

Gilmore Girls
The West Wing (well, I WILL when it comes back)
Everwood
Enterprise
Smallville (I'll have to remember the "Kent's Creek" moniker. Hee!)
Inside the Actor's Studio
of course, SG1 and SGA in January

Otherwise, it's usually whatever sounds interesting on Sci Fi, BBC America, or one of the Discovery Channel variants. My sister is trying to get me in to "Lost", but I watched the pilot movie this weekend and was unimpressed. More and more, I'm watching on my tv-shows-on-DVD through the week because nothing on network or cable tv piques my interest.

Allison