This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran and their tech

Ok I've been wondering something for awhile now. As the Ancient had only been fighting the Wrath for about 10,000 years before they gave up and left. Ans another 10,000 years before we showed up and found them. That would make them at max only 20,000 years old. I think, anyways it still means that the Asurans as a race are still very very very young compared to the Ancients. Also when they were made I doubt the ancients gave them there tech. So with that being said, how the hell do the Asurans have Ancient tech? I mean the Ancients wiped them out and they only survived because they missed a few cells. So wouldn't that mean the Asurans started from scratch.
    Last edited by Enlightened; 08 October 2007, 03:34 PM.

Originally posted by Enlightened View Post
    Ok I've been wondering something for awhile now. As the Ancient had only been fighting the Wrath for about 10,000 years before they gave up and left. Ans another 10,000 years before we showed up and found them. That would make them at max only 20,000 years old. I think, anyways it still means that the Asurans as a race are still very very very young compared to the Ancients. Also when they were made I doubt the ancients gave them there tech. So with that being said, how the hell do the Asurans have Ancient tech? I mean the Ancients wiped them out and they only survived because they missed a few cells. So wouldn't that mean the Asurans started from scratch. and
    No. They could've just probed a Lantean database to find everything they needed (and some probably did while they were still on Atlantis).
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      No. They could've just probed a Lantean database to find everything they needed (and some probably did while they were still on Atlantis).
      Ok still all that knowledge would have been lost when the Ancients wiped all but a few cells out, that started replicating again.

Comment

Ok still all that knowledge would have been lost when the Ancients wiped all but a few cells out, that started replicating again.
        No, it wouldn't have. All Replicator nanites share their information via a subspace link; any surviving ones would have the knowledge of the collective.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          No, it wouldn't have. All Replicator nanites share their information via a subspace link; any surviving ones would have the knowledge of the collective.
          Well all the knowledge would have been spread out among all the cells. And all of them combined would have been the collective. but when all of them but a few cells were wiped out the "collective" would have been destroyed. and the only knowledge the few cells that survived would have have been only what they were holding. Like all of them combined the "collective" has all the pages of a book. but only the few that survived only has a few words out of that book.

Comment

Ok I've been wondering something for awhile now. As the Ancient had only been fighting the Wrath for about 10,000 years before they gave up and left. Ans another 10,000 years before we showed up and found them. That would make them at max only 20,000 years old.
            The Ancients' war with the Wraith lasted over 100 years, not 10'000. The Asurans were created obviously sometime during those 100 years, so they're over 10'000 years old as a civilisation, not 20'000.

I find that highly unlikely. What's more likely is that the Asurans restored a database on Asuras (since Asuras was at least an outpost) after the Ancients destroyed the city and abandoned the planet. From what I recall in one episode, Ancient databases (not sure if this is specific only to the Atlantis database) are highly redundant and can be completely restored if even the smallest piece is recovered intact.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoxyEX View Post
              The Ancients' war with the Wraith lasted over 100 years, not 10'000. The Asurans were created obviously sometime during those 100 years, so they're over 10'000 years old as a civilisation, not 20'000.
              o my bad wasn't thinking but yes i guess it was only 100years. so the Asurans are only around 10,000 years old. but still wasn't everything on that planet destroyed. so maybe they don't have all of the Ancient tech but just some things.

Comment

Well we have no idea how much info a single nanite can store, and we don't know how many nanites survived, it could have been an entire Oberoth's worth of nanites to survive, which may have been enough to contain all the knowledge they had.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

well they were smart enough to bond together to make human formed ancients and a nanite is so small it even has a subspace network or something like that so maybe nanites have a sort of collective that people has mentioned

or that the ancients didnt do a very good job at destroying the asuran homeworld and surviving natites managed to replicate and restore things like a database of some sort since it was in their programming
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, here's the kicker... the replicators are linked via subspace, true! And Asura was completely annihilated (true! as seen in the flashback). And replicarter stated to Daniel that the only limitation to the Replicator's ability to learn is by their collective numbers, which increases as they replicate more. Meaning that each replicator cell is a data storage module as well, with incredible redundancy (hence why SG-1 hasn't caused them to forget a lot of things).

This is all from Canon.

Which means that the asurans shouldn't have been able to recreate ancient technology to the extent that they have, because "just a few cells remaining" isn't enough to store the knowledge of an entire civilization. Unless, of course, they found a way to replicate, then captured Ancients somehow and mindprobled.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                      Unless, of course, they found a way to replicate, then captured Ancients somehow and mindprobled.
                      I think this is what exactly happened.
                      'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
                      One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen Undomiel View Post
                        I think this is what exactly happened.
                        If by the time the Asurans replicated and took human form there were any ancients around...
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          If by the time the Asurans replicated and took human form there were any ancients around...
                          They didn't have to take a human form to capture an alterran. And they replicate very fast, that's how they created.
                          'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
                          One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            Yes. Remember; Oberoth had created himself in human-form before the Lanteans left for Earth.

Comment

replicate and somehow make it to atlantis or an outpost and hack into the network and data and download info from there, since the asurans look so human no one would of noticed and those who did would of died...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X