Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate ship comparison thread: Promethius, Deadalus, Oddesey & Pheonix!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate ship comparison thread: Promethius, Deadalus, Oddesey & Pheonix!

Right So this is the comparison thread for ships in Stargate A combo of two threads:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47505
    &
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11527

Now there have been developments through the years since we first compared deadalus and prommie. Theres been unending and now we may have a new ship, the phoenix. So What will the differences been and what differences have been made since our first foray in to space flight.

Discuss
    Immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Well, the jump from the Prometheus to the Daedalus was HUGE imo... In my opinion, the jump from Daedalus to advanced Odyssey and Phoenix will be just as huge, if not even bigger. I think the Phoenix will be the first ship to have the legacy specially built in and properly integrated, unlike the Apollo and Daedalus which just have upgrades.

If it will look different... I think it will be slightly different, maybe in the way the Enterprise B was different from the Enterprise C in Star Trek. Similar kind of shape, but a bit more advanced looking, some new bits added to the front or back etc... and either larger or smaller in size. That's my guess anyway!

Comment

Well from the screenshots i think theres going to be an entirely new bridge structure, a large pod type thing. although this may be some kind of detatchable ship for recon or something.

Specific upgrades besides general shape. Which should include a mid ship fighter bay not the normal "wing/engine" hangers.

-Faster Hyperdrive, possibly a twin drive like on Asgard ships.
      -At least 1 Neurino Ion Generator
      -Im going to put 6 Asgard beam cannon emplacements
      -Better Shields
      -Same number of Fighters, maybe even a different kind.
      -Hopefully new, larger Rail guns to complement the Beam weapons.
      -Asgard Core system but without DT or the knowledge base.
      -Maybe a synthesiser/matter converting beaming array
      -Some kind of Cloaking device though i doubt it, but considering they cloaked atlantis, we should be able to find out how to make asgard shields work in a similar way, plus we know asgards have cloak..

Just a few differences.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

Based on what we've seen from Joe's blog:

The Phoenix bridge will have a very similar layout to the 304s but with an Asgard console in place of the 3d map behind the captain's chair.
        Judging by the status display, it will be a 304 with possibly an extra chunk thrown on the back.

I'm going to go a little more realistic with the Phoenix specs (within the SG universe):
        Enhanced shields
        Enhanced hyperdrive
        Low-powered Asgard beam weapons (not as strong as the Odyssey's would be even without the ZPM). I think we won't be able to fully duplicate this technology yet.
        Possibly the matter converter, bearing in mind that, as far as we know, this technology hasn't actually been discovered yet.

And the crew will be almost completely illiterate and will spell the ship's name U.S.S. Feenicks (readers of Joe's blog will get what I mean )

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
          Based on what we've seen from Joe's blog:

The Phoenix bridge will have a very similar layout to the 304s but with an Asgard console in place of the 3d map behind the captain's chair.
          Judging by the status display, it will be a 304 with possibly an extra chunk thrown on the back.

I'm going to go a little more realistic with the Phoenix specs (within the SG universe):
          Enhanced shields
          Enhanced hyperdrive
          Low-powered Asgard beam weapons (not as strong as the Odyssey's would be even without the ZPM). I think we won't be able to fully duplicate this technology yet.
          Possibly the matter converter, bearing in mind that, as far as we know, this technology hasn't actually been discovered yet.

And the crew will be almost completely illiterate and will spell the ship's name U.S.S. Feenicks (readers of Joe's blog will get what I mean )
          I'm glad someone has picked up on the fact we might not be able to do things as well as the asgard did, remember they installed all the upgrades onto the Oddy themselves.

Comment

Do you guys think it will look like this,

Comment

If its like that then we going to have to find a new flagship for the gateworld fleets But if it is, then RJB hasnt been telling me as much as he should have been lol!
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                Well from the screenshots i think theres going to be an entirely new bridge structure, a large pod type thing. although this may be some kind of detatchable ship for recon or something.

Specific upgrades besides general shape. Which should include a mid ship fighter bay not the normal "wing/engine" hangers.

-Faster Hyperdrive, possibly a twin drive like on Asgard ships.
                -At least 1 Neurino Ion Generator
                -Im going to put 6 Asgard beam cannon emplacements
                -Better Shields
                -Same number of Fighters, maybe even a different kind.
                -Hopefully new, larger Rail guns to complement the Beam weapons.
                -Asgard Core system but without DT or the knowledge base.
                -Maybe a synthesiser/matter converting beaming array
                -Some kind of Cloaking device though i doubt it, but considering they cloaked atlantis, we should be able to find out how to make asgard shields work in a similar way, plus we know asgards have cloak..

Just a few differences.
                since when did asgard get cloak?
                Visit my Website

Comment

Right So this is the comparison thread for ships in Stargate A combo of two threads:
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47505
                  &
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11527

Now there have been developments through the years since we first compared deadalus and prommie. Theres been unending and now we may have a new ship, the phoenix. So What will the differences been and what differences have been made since our first foray in to space flight.

Discuss
                  Immhotep
                  Whats the Pheonix?
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

well weve never been able to detect them in orbit, thor has said that asgard ships have cloaks and we can detect normal ships fine so they must have a cloak..
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSullivan View Post
                      Do you guys think it will look like this,

Dude, that awesome. Did you make that?

-and to answer your question.

GOD I HOPE SO!!!!!!!
                      Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

If its like that then we going to have to find a new flagship for the gateworld fleets But if it is, then RJB hasnt been telling me as much as he should have been lol!
                        Or someone hasn't been tell me something. lol
                        Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
                        Dude, that awesome. Did you make that?

-and to answer your question.

GOD I HOPE SO!!!!!!!
                        That would be one of my 3 high polygon original SG designs.

I think the Pheonix will be some kind of advanced Daedalus. Like talyn2k1 said the Daedalus with some extra parts tossed on.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                        Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                          since when did asgard get cloak?
                          I don't think that we have ever seen an Asgard ship cloak, but we know they at least have the technology as we have seen personal cloaks made by them.

As for the Phoenix, I hate to be negative but I seriously doubt there is going to be any real improvements, slightly better shields, better hyperdrive, maybe a better powersource as well but thats it IMO...

And Teal'c should know about the matter converter.

Comment

Check out the spec in the back of this pic. It seems to be a new class of ship, similar to the Daedalus class:

And this, Major Jean Forest (of the Phoenix (look at his makeshift badge)):

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

love the badge
                              Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                              Check out my Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X