Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Lifeline spoilers) Apollo VS Asurans Ship what the heck???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Lifeline spoilers) Apollo VS Asurans Ship what the heck???

What the heck? Wouldn't the Asurans have drones that would totally destroy the Apollo???

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47038
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Give them a little credit, they have Asgard shields, which Rodney also increased the power to in Tao of Rodney....

Comment

The Asuran ship was using drones.

Elongated weapons fire, same color as the drones. Only drones are shown as elongated in the SG universe.

The Apollo has Asgard shields, which could have been upgraded with McKay or Asgard upgrads (Odyssey like). Even without the upgrades (Asgard or McKay), Asgard shields are only second to the Ori. With either upgrades, Asgard shields should be easily be on par with the Ori.

Lastly, the Ori ship in the alternate universe was only driven off by drones (it took everything they had, including depleting a ZPM). Thus not all shield tech is bypassed by drones.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          The Asuran ship was using drones.

Elongated weapons fire, same color as the drones. Only drones are shown as elongated in the SG universe.

The Apollo has Asgard shields, which could have been upgraded with McKay or Asgard upgrads (Odyssey like). Even without the upgrades (Asgard or McKay), Asgard shields are only second to the Ori. With either upgrades, Asgard shields should be easily be on par with the Ori.

Lastly, the Ori ship in the alternate universe was only driven off by drones (it took everything they had, including depleting a ZPM). Thus not all shield tech is bypassed by drones.
          The asuran weapon fire was not drones!!!! I didnt hear a buzzing/humming sound that signals that they were even drones, and btw they swarm ships and destroy it, they only went in two.

Comment

^^^I already proven it was drones. And it is readily apparent from the pics.

And if you want more evidence, we will see later on in the season.

Relax.

Comment

^^^I already proven it was drones. And it is readily apparent from the pics.

And if you want more evidence, we will see later on in the season.

Relax.
              You've proven nothing. It is not apparent from the pics.

The energy attack the Asuran vessel launched was just that; an attack of energy blasts. Drones will track and follow a target, are yellowish in color, not reddish, and make a distinct sound when fired. These blasts did not track their targets, were not yellowish, and had no such sound attatched to them. They were energy pulses, nothing more.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

If you are right, then this is the first time in SG universe that a lot of people 'mistaken' energy blast for drones.

In every other SG epsiode, energy blasts have not remotely looked liked drones.

Tracking? Every drone that was fired hit the Apollo. That last two missed because they jumped to hyperspace.

Color? Depening on what pic, either yellow or slightly orange.

Lastly, WTF would the Asurans use something besides drones in their ships when they are imitating the Ancients?

Comment

Theres a problem here. See, you dont think that ancients use other weapons, and that they only use drones.

They base their whole ships and war machines, all on drones? I dont think so. It may have been their uber weapon, but they use energy weps too. Thats obvious because they used energy weapons against the Apollo in that episode.

I agree that not all shields will be bypassed and that ours probably wont be, but I refuse to believe that those were drones since they simply did not act as drones, they didnt change their arc or anything.

Comment

There is no point arcing if the target is straight ahead of you.

It has been proven that drones are superior to ion cannon type weapons. Now why would the Asurans use inferior weapons? They would either use beam weapons or drones.

Comment

There is no point arcing if the target is straight ahead of you.

It has been proven that drones are superior to ion cannon type weapons. Now why would the Asurans use inferior weapons? They would either use beam weapons or drones.
                      1. Remember "No Man's Land"? The hive ships were dead ahead, but the drones still swerved in their path.

2. Those blasts were firing WAY faster than drones can go.

3. Speculation. For all we know, Ancient energy weapons are almost as powerful as drones (in fact, we DO know that from "Trinity").
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        1. Remember "No Man's Land"? The hive ships were dead ahead, but the drones still swerved in their path.

2. Those blasts were firing WAY faster than drones can go.

3. Speculation. For all we know, Ancient energy weapons are almost as powerful as drones (in fact, we DO know that from "Trinity").
                        1. The drones there only swarmed only when they were shot out of the Orion and when they reached the hive. When heading for the hive they went in a direct path then they had to hit the different areas of the huge hive so they swarmed all over it.

2. Lol what about the drones first appearance? 'Lost city' those drones made it into orbit within less than a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                          1. The drones there only swarmed only when they were shot out of the Orion and when they reached the hive. When heading for the hive they went in a direct path then they had to hit the different areas of the huge hive so they swarmed all over it.

2. Lol what about the drones first appearance? 'Lost city' those drones made it into orbit within less than a minute.
                          1. No, they moved about en route to the hive, as well. I just watched the episode a few days ago lol.

2. Yet in "The Return, Part 2", they were unable to catch the puddle jumper, which was moving rather slow considering the speed at which it maneuvered around Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            1. No, they moved about en route to the hive, as well. I just watched the episode a few days ago lol.

2. Yet in "The Return, Part 2", they were unable to catch the puddle jumper, which was moving rather slow considering the speed at which it maneuvered around Atlantis.
                            Ok I'll rewatch it no to make sure .

That would just be a stupid TPTB mistake AGAIN lol, drones can move this fast one day and this fast the next, also the drones in 'No man's land' got to the hive pretty damn quickly didn't they?

EDIT: Ok just watched that scene, they did infact travel in straight very fast lines .

Need further proof watch this vid at 2.08 minutes. The only time the drones change their course is when avoiding fire from the hive, other than that they travel in straight lines.
                            http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=99g0frYXFr0
                            Last edited by kirmit; 07 October 2007, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              Ok I'll rewatch it no to make sure .

That would just be a stupid TPTB mistake AGAIN lol, drones can move this fast one day and this fast the next, also the drones in 'No man's land' got to the hive pretty damn quickly didn't they?

EDIT: Ok just watched that scene, they did infact travel in straight very fast lines .

Need further proof watch this vid at 2.08 minutes. The only time the drones change their course is when avoiding fire from the hive, other than that they travel in straight lines.
                              http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=99g0frYXFr0
                              No, some of them DEFINATELY looked like they were moving to me, and they, again, were very yellow.

Although I'll admit they're moving pretty fast. Apparently, the drones' speed is directly proportional to how serious the conflict is .

Comment

Working...
                              X