X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ship #The Last Man spoilers#

Joseph Mallozzi has just revealed on his blog

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-4-2007.html

that in The Last Man there is a scene on the bridge of the Phoenix.

Do you think this will be:
    1. Another 304
    2. A new design of Earth ship
    3. Another ship we've captured (Hive, Asuran ship, MicroLight, etc)
    4. Another City Ship

and, more importantly, what do you want it to be?

Someone has asked on the blog for more details so in the (unlikely) event that Joe can reveal a little more, I'll post that here too.

My personal opinion is that it will be a modified 304. Basically the same as the Daedalus, Odyssey, etc but with some extra Asgard goodies tacked on.
    Coincidentally, that is also what I want it to be

I would like it to be either a modified 304 or an entirely new class of post-unending Earth ship.

I've not kept up with S4 spoilers so I'm not sure about this but have we met those Traveller guys yet? It could be that the Phoenix is their ship.

Comment

IMO it's very unlikely that they'll introduce a new class so it's either another 304 or a captured ship (probably Aurora)
      or

Spoiler:
      it might be a ship that the new race from travellers uses.

Edit: Gibsnag, you were faster..

Comment

Well, in The Last Man, we will see a very aged Rodney...

I think that he comes from the future in The Phoenix, which will be something like a BC-307 or 8 or something similar.

Comment

And why is he old? Is it some disease, Wraith-related or other cause?

Vala,

Comment

Interseting, maybe the whole premise of the last episode "last man standing" is that an aged Rodney (don't know where this came from) comes from the future in a modified Ancient ship they found god knows where 10 years from now, Rodney installed a time travel device (Mobieus or Unending) and came back to warn them about something.

Make that something a new enemy, say a group of rouge Ancients that were in stasis on an Ancient Prison asteroid.

Make it even better, make them the "assencion gone wrong" group. Not Anubis and not Ori, but something just before Asscension but pure evil. Think Adria but hell bent on wiping out all life in the Universe.

Comment

I would really like to see an entirely new class Earth ship. however I thinks it's far more likely as others have already said that the Phoenix is gonna be a ship we're gonna capture (maybe from these traveller guys). I don't know what happens in the episode so I don't know about the whole McKay coming from the future thing. but apparently it's a strong possibility
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Considering the way Atlantis is going so far I don't see a 5th season in its future, and without a couple more seasons on the way I find it unlikely that more money will be spent for more ship models. Probably this will just be a 304 or something similar.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                  Interseting, maybe the whole premise of the last episode "last man standing" is that an aged Rodney (don't know where this came from) comes from the future in a modified Ancient ship they found god knows where 10 years from now, Rodney installed a time travel device (Mobieus or Unending) and came back to warn them about something.

Make that something a new enemy, say a group of rouge Ancients that were in stasis on an Ancient Prison asteroid.

Make it even better, make them the "assencion gone wrong" group. Not Anubis and not Ori, but something just before Asscension but pure evil. Think Adria but hell bent on wiping out all life in the Universe.
                  I like that idea, it could make for a cracking episode.

But please, no more major enemies. Not unless they're going to get rid of the Replicators (grr, hate calling them that!) PTB couldn't focus on the Wraith when they were one of 2 enemies.
                  With them, Travellers, Asurans, and another group, they wouldn't have a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                    I like that idea, it could make for a cracking episode.

But please, no more major enemies. Not unless they're going to get rid of the Replicators (grr, hate calling them that!) PTB couldn't focus on the Wraith when they were one of 2 enemies.
                    With them, Travellers, Asurans, and another group, they wouldn't have a chance!
                    Then don't call them replicators, call them Asurans.

Whats wrong with more enemies?

SG-1 had Goa'uld, Replicators, Half Ascended, Retu, Ori...

All Atlantis had so far was Wraith, Genii, and the Asurans.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

well another 304 would be okay, that would show a fleet of earths ships that earth will be proud of.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                        well another 304 would be okay, that would show a fleet of earths ships that earth will be proud of.
                        That way we can show the galaxy our muscles.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                          Then don't call them replicators, call them Asurans.

Whats wrong with more enemies?

SG-1 had Goa'uld, Replicators, Half Ascended, Retu, Ori...

All Atlantis had so far was Wraith, Genii, and the Asurans.
                          Yes but Atlantis have all of these enemies at the same time. SG1 had the Replicators, the Goa'uld and Anubis at the same time (and even then when they really got to grips with Anubis the Goa'uld were a much lesser threat). The Ori were a completely separate storyarc and the Retu... how many episodes were they actually in?

Comment

I think all my opinions on ship design and future earth fleets and ships have been stated too much. But if i had to put a theory forward i would say the pheonix is the Ancient battleship the travellers are said to have that they want Sheppard to activate and fly in to battle agaisnt the wraith for them. My theory is that the Last man is about Rodney who after sshep activates potentially steals said ship from the Travellers takes a group of scientists on baord for study. Little do they know the "last man standing" was a wraith that was hibernating on board because the ship is dormant and he couldnt activate it and steal it himself. That my theory. Wild geussing about time travel isnt realistic, we know that we will get at least 1 Aurora class vessel this season, and personally as much as i would dream and everyone who knows me knows that i would dream of seeing a future stargateverse ship come in to being, its not going to happen IMHO.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Is the ancient battleship the travellers have an aurora class or a different type? Or doesn't anyone know yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X