PDA

View Full Version : Best Movies of the Year So Far

D.C.
October 2nd, 2004, 05:03 PM
What do you think are some of the best movies of the year so far?

MartoufMarty
October 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
Well... Spiderman 2, the Day After Tomorrow (plot wise a little iffy, but it had pointless destruction and Jake Gynnhall [sp]), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkban (not really much of a Harry Potter fan but I like the movies and LOVED this one).

Not really sure what other movies have come out these year. I'm so behind. I don't really see many movies in the theaters and I forget which ones this year that we've rented or seen on PPV.

D.C.
October 2nd, 2004, 05:20 PM
I'd have to say: Spider-Man 2, The Day After Tomorrow, Dawn of the Dead, and The Village.

yaaayoubetcha
October 2nd, 2004, 05:34 PM
shaun of the dead.

Shivan
October 2nd, 2004, 05:39 PM
Spider-Man 2.

Best. Movie. This. Year.

And The Village rocked as well!

DownFallAngel
October 2nd, 2004, 06:35 PM
Spider-Man 2
Kill Bill Volume 2
Shrek 2
The Bourne Supremecy
Collateral

aAnubiSs
October 3rd, 2004, 02:11 AM
Can't say that there has been any really good movie.

veneticuss
October 3rd, 2004, 05:04 AM
Can't say that there has been any really good movie.
I agree. Nothing worth of saying it was really good.

Col_Lake
October 3rd, 2004, 11:39 AM
Spiderman II

and those who sed there hasn't been any really good movies. Have you even seen Spiderman II?????

if not - you should when released to rent/buy whatever

MartoufMarty
October 3rd, 2004, 11:55 AM
Spiderman II

and those who sed there hasn't been any really good movies. Have you even seen Spiderman II?????

I LOVE Spiderman 2!

On the music stations (that just play music not the videos or anything), whenever they play the song Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional, it says that it's from the Superman 2 Soundtrack lol.

Elwe Singollo
October 4th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I guess i'm one of those people who didn't like Spiderman 2, haha... But newho, i liked Resident Evil 2, but i'm not sure i can say its the best movie so far, but maybe in my head it, comparing all the movies that came out this year, it may as well be a top 3 for the year then... Hmm... Still not sure...

yaaayoubetcha
October 5th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Spiderman II

I saw it, and it was ok....certainly not best of the year catagory. It was pretty good as far as supermovies go, but I was never that big a Spidey fan anyway. I'll take the Xes any day.

JediTrilobite
October 5th, 2004, 09:19 AM
The Bourne Supremacy, Spiderman 2 and the Chronicles of Riddick were my favorites.

Larry
October 5th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Spider-Man 2
Kill Bill Vol 2
Hero

looking forward to Friday Night Lights, that looks like it's going to be excellent

JediTrilobite
October 5th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Kill Bill! I forgot about that one.

D.C.
October 5th, 2004, 07:19 PM
So you think any upcoming movies have the potential to be added to the "Best Movies of the Year So Far list"?

Elwe Singollo
October 5th, 2004, 07:27 PM
OO- Kill Bill 2 is a good movie this year :) I would like to say the Bourne Supremecy, but i just got a headache by the lousy camera work, especially at fighting scenes, i know that shouldn't effect my opinion on the movie in story, but i don't think i'll be watching that movie netime soon... :rolleyes: I'm not sure on upcomming movies though...

Supreme Commander Thor
October 5th, 2004, 08:25 PM
1. Spiderman 2
2. Harry Potter 3
3. Bourne Supremecy (even though I admit some of the scences where too blurry. It was still good)

Jonas
October 5th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Spider-Man 2
Shrek 2
Day after Tomorrow
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkban
Kill Bill Volume 2
Alien Vs Predator
The Punisher
Bourne Supremacy

Elwe Singollo
October 5th, 2004, 08:58 PM
I have to say, Shrek 2 was not a childrens movie, haha, although i thought it was just soooo funny :D, forgot about that movie,

LoneStar1836
October 5th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Well I’m not a big movie goer, so my list is short to chose from as you can see. I liked them all so I have them listed in the order of favorite to less favorite, but they are all very close. Dodgeball is kind of in its on little group. Stupid, yes, but it was funny.

The Bourne Supremacy (glad I’m not the only one who found some of the camera work distracting)
Hidalgo
Spider-Man 2
I, Robot
The Manchurian Candidate
King Arthur
The Village
Dodgeball

I also heard Miracle was good.

Elwe Singollo
October 5th, 2004, 10:01 PM
if your talking about the hockey movie mirace, i thought it was ok... haha...

JediTrilobite
October 6th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Hidalgo was a fairly decent movie.