This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All System Lords Ships vs 1 Aurora-Class Ship

Me and others have had this debate on anther thread so I think I should make its own

So here is the debate

Every ship of all the ststem lords combined fleets vs 1 Aurora-Class Ship of the Ancinets

I have to say that the Aurora-Class Ship would get worn down and destroyed because there are hundreds if not thousands of ha'tak class ships, numerous Al'keshs and death gliders as well. So IMO the Aurora-Class Ship would lose the fight after a while
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

ZPM or no ZPM?

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
      ZPM or no ZPM?
      If there were that many ships, the Aurora class would have to have more then 1 zpm , and it depends on how many drones the ship has

Comment

it all depends i think on whether they had a full complement of drones and whether they were being controled by a drone chair. afterall in lost city a full complement managed to take out anubis whole fleet in minutes.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Wait wait wait... all the ships of the System Lords against one ship? I say the System Lords win... though suffer horrendous casualities.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Without a ZPM, then it'll take out a whole heap of them but probably end up getting destroyed. It just depends on how many Ha'taks are against it. We saw in 'IGTBK' that 2 Drones can take out a Ha'tak in a fight. So if they can fire straight away then direct them to all the ships at the same time then the Aurora will win. However it depends on how many Ha'taks are against it & also if there is enough Drones on board. If it can only target 10/20/30 ships at a time, then by the time it gets to 100 or more, the ship would probably have taken serious damage from the combined weapons fire of all the Goa'uld ships. Then it would most likely be destroyed soon after.

If it had a ZPM & if it turns out that Aurora class ships have energy weapons, then a single ship would eat all the Ha'taks alive.

However it's really a mute point since SG-1 is over now, the Ha'taks aren't as large in numbers as they used to be. Therefore unless we see them bringing it to the MW in an Atlantis ep, then it'll never happen.

Comment

well if the Aurora-Class Ship used tactics like move around then let it be sitting in space firing, it would be destroyed.

agaisnt that many hataks the ancient ship would be gone in a few seconds

but with a zpm and sublight engines going near the speed of light than the ancient ship will win.

if you give it like 20 ancient ships against all the hataks then that would be better.
              sigpic

Comment

Well as the Aurora class ships were losing against the hives in the 100 years war and I doubt there were as many hives as there are ha'taks then I say the ha'taks will pretty easily, even with a ZPM.

Comment

We were having this discussion at another thread, but the queston is poorly put. The real question is this:

"Could an Aurora-class ship with enough number of drones take out all of the System Lord's ships?"

In this case, the categorical answer is undoubtedly YES. Why? Because even heavy bombardment from hundreds of Ha'ataks for hours wouldn't even scratch the Aurora's shields. So it would be just a matter of time until all the Ha'ataks are destroyed. Alterran tech is simply way, way, way too advanced and powerful for the Goa'uld to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    Well as the Aurora class ships were losing against the hives in the 100 years war and I doubt there were as many hives as there are ha'taks then I say the ha'taks will pretty easily, even with a ZPM.
                    Yawn...let me quote Dr.Weir on what she had to say about this:

Talking about the Lantians:

"One-on-one, their ships were far more powerful, but the Wraith were so many...they could win almost every battle, but they could never see an end to the war."

It has been stated in canon that an Aurora could take out up to a dozen Wraith hive-hips while sustaining practically no damage. It's not so much that the Ancients were defeated, but that they were overwhelmed and gave up. Recall that even when they had nothing but Atlantis left, they still resisted for years and could still destroy dozens of hive-hips with practically no effort with their drones and point defense satellites, while the Wraith could do nothing to penetrate Atlantis' shields. the Lantians simply relaized that it was pointless to continue and gave up.

Comment

But Wraith hives have obscenely thick armor (can take a nuke and not blow up), and obscenely powerful weaponry, especially compared to that of the Goa'uld. I'd say that, as long as the Aurora-class vessel has a ZPM and its squadron of jumpers, it'd win easily.

(Remember, Auroras have energy turrets and that mysterious spike-like thing, not just drones.)
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        But Wraith hives have obscenely thick armor (can take a nuke and not blow up), and obscenely powerful weaponry, especially compared to that of the Goa'uld. I'd say that, as long as the Aurora-class vessel has a ZPM and its squadron of jumpers, it'd win easily.

(Remember, Auroras have energy turrets and that mysterious spike-like thing, not just drones.)
                        We're talking about thousands of ha'taks though, you really think one aurora class could take all of them out?

For one drones on ships don't act like the ones O'neill fired, watch 'No man's Land' They simply swarm the opposing ship in mass numbers, I highly doubt 1 Aurora class has enough drones to take out thousands of ha'tak. It took thousands to just take out Anubis' fleet and that was only 30ish ships.

If you want to use the shields arguement well in 'The return' an aurora class with a ZPM was damaged by a few wraith cruisers, so you reckon that a few cruisers can equal the fire power of thousands of ha'taks?

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                        Yawn...let me quote Dr.Weir on what she had to say about this:

Talking about the Lantians:

"One-on-one, their ships were far more powerful, but the Wraith were so many...they could win almost every battle, but they could never see an end to the war."

It has been stated in canon that an Aurora could take out up to a dozen Wraith hive-hips while sustaining practically no damage. It's not so much that the Ancients were defeated, but that they were overwhelmed and gave up. Recall that even when they had nothing but Atlantis left, they still resisted for years and could still destroy dozens of hive-hips with practically no effort with their drones and point defense satellites, while the Wraith could do nothing to penetrate Atlantis' shields. the Lantians simply relaized that it was pointless to continue and gave up.
                        One on one they surpass a hive but in mass numbers they fell, thousands of ha'tak vs 1 aurora, I'd call that mass numbers.

Canon that a single Aurora can take on a dozen hives? Can you give me a quote or something to back that up.

Comment

The quote they could win every battle but saw no way to win the war, was that referring to the whole war or just the siege?

And BTW just because they won battles doesn't mean they didn't lose ships they had to have lost significantly fleet resources in engagements otherwise they would have been able to beat the Wraith off. An example would be 3 Auroa's vs 12 hives...all 12 hives are destroyed but the ancients lose an Aurora or 2 forcing them to flee from the next group.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

We're talking about thousands of ha'taks though, you really think one aurora class could take all of them out?

For one drones on ships don't act like the ones O'neill fired, watch 'No man's Land' They simply swarm the opposing ship in mass numbers, I highly doubt 1 Aurora class has enough drones to take out thousands of ha'tak. It took thousands to just take out Anubis' fleet and that was only 30ish ships.

If you want to use the shields arguement well in 'The return' an aurora class with a ZPM was damaged by a few wraith cruisers, so you reckon that a few cruisers can equal the fire power of thousands of ha'taks?
                            In "No Man's Land", the drones were ebing operated by an inexperienced Earth scientist. He proabably just targeted the nearest ship and let fly. Most likely, Ancients, or a smarter human, could figure out how to divy up the drones to allow just enough to destroy the hive to go.

And in "Lost City", most of those drones cut through the ha'tak and went on to other ships, so it stands to reason that we didn't need all of them.

Finally, we have no idea if the Tria was already damaged during that fight, so I don't think we can use that as proof.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

An aurora has roughly 500 drones per ship, it takes 2 drones to take out a Hatak and thats only with high level tactical knowledge about Hatak weak spots (something the ancients do not have, as shown by thousands being used to take out anubis when using ancient knowledge while it should only have taken 100 max if oniel was in full control)
                              Now that means that for the Systems lords to gain the upper hand they would need at least 250 ships. 300 in fact because it would take 50 to destroy the aurora and 250 for drone fodder. The system lords have many more Hataks than those needed as shown by reckoning.
                              Now some variables:
                              Does the Aurora have ZPM? If yes the number of hataks needed to destroy the Aurora post drone silo emptying. If no then it doesnt make a difference.
                              Are the Hataks pre or post anubis? if pre, will need more, post, will need same amount.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X