This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Manchurian Candidate (2004)

The Manchurian Candidate opens in cinemas later this month in Australia. I watched the trailer and it looks pretty damn cool. Has anyone seen it? Without spoiling what did you think of it?

It's a remake isn't it?

I saw the trailer in the cinemas and it looks cool, plus Liev Shrieber is a pretty interesting actor.

Comment

i thought it was OK

Comment

Was it worth buying a ticket?

Comment

It was okay, I wouldn't bother with the price of the ticket, but than again I'm a huge John Frankenheimer fan and the orginal is such a classic it's hard to see a remake no matter how good and not see it compare unfavorably.

Comment

I might watch The Manchurian Candidate when it opens here. The trailer looks pretty cool and I haven't seen the original movie.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
              I might watch The Manchurian Candidate when it opens here. The trailer looks pretty cool and I haven't seen the original movie.
              Get the original movie sometime, that and Seven Days in May. Great great movies. They remade SDiM too, and I saw the remake first and loved it until I saw the original. I guess I'd say if you want to enjoy the new Manchurian Candidate don't watch the original till afterwards.

Comment

I really disliked the movie. There's even a hint at incest. Kinda nasty. :|

Comment

I saw The Manchurian Candidate today. I thought it was awesome. It was interesting to watch the conspiracy unfold. That incest stuff was pretty screwed up, but the mother is screwed up. It's kind of depressing at the end and the pacing is sort of strange, but overall I thought it was awesome. 4 out of 5.

Comment

I saw this back in August, and I thought it was good. I’ve never seen the original, but my mom said she remembered the original and didn’t really like it but liked this version. Yeah, Raymond’s mom was pretty power hungry and that really messed her up in a sick way. I usually like Denzel’s movies, and Liev Schreiber did a good job playing Raymond. The ending was kind of obvious as it was playing out, but still good. I felt kind of sorry for Raymond there at the end after he realized what had been done to him and what he had done.

Living in central Louisiana most of my life, I got a kick out of how they had the current sitting president’s VP be from Louisiana. There is no way anybody running for the office of president of the United States would ever pick someone from good ol’ Louisiana as a running mate much less get elected. I reckon most of the nation just regards us as either a bunch of Cajuns or coonasses (That’s only southern LA. Sorry friends to the south if you are out there. ) Anyway near the end when the fictional votes were coming in for who was to be elected the next president, if I correctly heard this, the election was hinging on the electoral votes of Louisiana (we only have 9). It will be a cold day in you know what before Louisiana is ever taken that seriously enough to play a pivotal role in U.S. elections. Sorry, I just found this funny and had to mention it. If you’re not from LA, then it may not be quite as hilarious from a political standpoint, though our Sen. John Breaux would probably make a viable VP because he tends to be more moderate in his views, but alas he is retiring this year.

Anyway, I thought the movie was good though and worth the $3 I paid to go see it.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                    X