This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascension weapon.

why would the ancients of needed such a weapon if the Ori didn't know about the milky way? especially if they made the weapon after they came back from Atlantis.

Do you mean the Sangraal? Only one Ancient made it, Merlin, and he did so because he thought the Ori might one day become a threat and might some day find out about the milky way.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

The Ancients knew that the Ori might find this galaxy, and it was a good idea to have a weapon if they came.

Man, beat to it...
      sigpic

Comment

no the weapon in Season 5 episode 3. where we meet Orlin.

Comment

Originally posted by neoncrazy101 View Post
          no the weapon in Season 5 episode 3. where we meet Orlin.
          That weapon was not for use against the ori. That was for use against the invaders of Velona. AKA the goa'uld.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
            That weapon was not for use against the ori. That was for use against the invaders of Velona. AKA the goa'uld.
            but they used it to conquer other worlds cos they got power hungry so the ancients stepped in and fried all of them and punished orlin to live with the fried people for enternity...til he went noble for sam
            sigpic

Comment

And that weapon had absolutely nothing to do with ascension or the Ori.

Ascended Orlin taught the Velonans to build it to stop the Goauld, then they went offensive with it. The other ascended ancients then wiped out the Velonans and exiled Orlin there.
              sigpic

Comment

Again, nothing to do with the ori. Think of it this way. TPTB hadn't even thought of the ori storyline by S5 of sg1.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

i don't think it would have harmed orlin either.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Thusfar there is only one thing that we know of that can possibly harm ascended beings and we all know what that is or was.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

why would the ancients of needed such a weapon if the Ori didn't know about the milky way? especially if they made the weapon after they came back from Atlantis.
                      It was only made by Merlin. Who was originally. Moros from Atlantis. He ascended, then realised what a threat the Ori would become. So took human form to build the weapon. The others didn't want him to do it & sent MLF to stop him.

As to the other p[art. The Ori didn't know about it originally because the Ancients shielded the existence of the MW from them. However the thing you don't see is this: The Ori sap energy from their worshippers. More humans get born, they conquer more galaxies. Meaning they get more powerful, so eventually they'll be stronger than the Ancients. Therefore how could they continue to hide the MW or any other galaxy when the Ori are actually stronger at that point. It was only a matter of time before they got enough followers to make them more powerful than all the Ancients.

Comment

merlin was the first to ascend(said somewhere in a ep) so he took the knowledge of the universe and made a weaopn...

the ori would of eventaully gain enough power to 'somehow' defeat the ancients

but what gets me is anubis and oma fighting in a enternal battle since none of them could kill the other and anubis would be too busy fighting oma to decend down.

so how would the ori would manage it?
                        sigpic

Comment

think there was a little confusion. the weapon is in the episode Ascension. and if they made it for war with the Go'auld. why would the Ancients even need to make it? they already had better shieldings and knew how to make great ships to just destroy to the Hatac's.

Comment

think there was a little confusion. the weapon is in the episode Ascension. and if they made it for war with the Go'auld. why would the Ancients even need to make it? they already had better shieldings and knew how to make great ships to just destroy to the Hatac's.
                            They ancients didn't make it for the Goa'uld

One ancinet made it for the people of the planet to fight the Goa'uld

Your question is confusing people because the sangral was made to fight the ori not the weapon you are talking about
                            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            So whats the worst that could happen?
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Orlin didn't even make the weapon. He told those people how to construct it, in order to fend off the attack from the Goa'uld. It was successful, but those people became corrupt and attempted to use the weapon to attack others. THAT is when the others stepped in, destroyed that society, and forced Orlin to stay there as punishment.
                              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Working...
                              X