This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adaptable replicator weapon

now if the weapon on Dakara can be cahnged into the replicator weapon cant we change the replicator weapon into the dakara when it was used to kill the ori cant we just change the replicator weapon it should be able to be modified into it that would be very cool
    I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
    "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

I doubt we could do that it would be like putting a 308 hp engine in a Geo Metro without a different trans, it would get fried.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
      I doubt we could do that it would be like putting a 308 hp engine in a Geo Metro without a different trans, it would get fried.
      Yeah, that's dumbing down technobabble to the point of getting it completely wrong. Way to go, pro.

Yes, they can change the frequency of the ARGs to make them effective again, but it requires precise calculations and fine tuning. Not at all easy to do, and very time consuming. Well, they DO have the Lantian database...

Comment

I don't know why they don't adapt the ARW for use on a ship much like Thor did. They could capture an Asuran ship with it or even use it on Asuras itself & use the as a new base or something.
        sigpic
        "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
        Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by wilson359 View Post
          I don't know why they don't adapt the ARW for use on a ship much like Thor did. They could capture an Asuran ship with it or even use it on Asuras itself & use the as a new base or something.
          Spoiler:
          thats the plan
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
            Spoiler:
            thats the plan
            What?

Comment

Spoiler:
              It was revealed in "First strike" that Area 51 was researching PWARWs (Planetary Wide Anti-Replicator Weapons) like the Asgards, however they had trouble making their own.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                What?
                Obviously they need & want to deploy it on a planet-wide basis to allow thyem to take out all the reps in a single shot. It would be too risky to go ship to ship incase they were able to adapt & overcome the weapons effects.

They build their ships & tech normally, so if the weapon was deployed on Asurras, they'd have a whole planet worth of tech ready made & waiting for them. That I'm sure is their primary plan because nobody in their right mind would destroy all that ancient tech for no reason whatsoever.

However if they aren't able to get the tech in Asuras, then as long as the Asurans are destroyed in the process it wouldn't be a total loss. I'm sure the main plan is to get rid of the Asurans no matter what. With at all possible keeping hold of all their tech. The backup is to take out the Asurans at all costs, even if it means destorying their planet & all the tech on it

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  It was revealed in "First strike" that Area 51 was researching PWARWs (Planetary Wide Anti-Replicator Weapons) like the Asgards, however they had trouble making their own.
                  What about that satelite they had in that season 8 ep where we had both replicarter and sam at the alpha site...

Comment

That was made by the asgard. KTHXBYE

Comment

Dakara's gone , how would they get the right setting? trial and error ? they would more likly get themselves killed

Comment

AR weapons will automatically adjust after firing 1 shot, thus Replicators can never become immune to the weapon/frequency

Federation used it to fight the Borg

SGA should use the same methods to fight the Replicators, doh. McKay needs to come up with that.

Comment

The ARs already do that I believe, but the replicators can become completely immune, prolly be guessing at what frequency it'll fire next ( calculating the chance of the frequency based on previous frequency and deducing the algorithme used or someting)

But I think theTS wanted to use the ARs against organics, which might be a good idea

Comment

Working...
                          X