Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A single Borg cube in the Stargate Milky way galaxy...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A single Borg cube in the Stargate Milky way galaxy...

I've been inspired by the similar thread about the Ori to create this thread. Now it's not strictly a VS thread saying how many Ha'taks would it take to bring down a Borg cube etc...It's a question of how would a Borg cube fare in the MW, how the galaxy would handle a Borg incursion, how would they resist assimilation, would staff weapons be effective etc...

Basically these are the rules or guidelines;
    - It is after the fall of the Ori so no Ori.
    - It is the Milky Way so no Wraith or Asurans or Replicators of any kind.
    - No saying we send in the Odyssey or a fleet of Ha'taks and blow them up (this thread is about analysis step by step).
    - No ascended beings

A dimensional rift opens and a Borg cube enters the milky way galaxy. It appears in a inhabited system with a single habited planet with 5000 humans. The planet is assimilated and they learn of the Stargate and known gate addresses to the locals. The Borg also learn of the Jaffa and Goa'uld as well as the Tau'ri and the fallen Ori.

What happens next.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    A dimensional rift opens and a Borg cube enters the milky way galaxy. It appears in a inhabited system with a single habited planet with 5000 humans. The planet is assimilated and they learn of the Stargate and known gate addresses to the locals. The Borg also learn of the Jaffa and Goa'uld as well as the Tau'ri and the fallen Ori.

What happens next.
    Cut to Landry being given the news about the Borg, and him looking questioningly at Carter, who babbles about alternate dimensions, who then forgets plotholes and blows up the star closest to the Borg who can't get away.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1 View Post
      Cut to Landry being given the news about the Borg, and him looking questioningly at Carter, who babbles about alternate dimensions, who then forgets plotholes and blows up the star closest to the Borg who can't get away.
      Well consider earth wouldn't know straight away.The Borg would likely begin sending drones to planets across the MW, not many races if any in stargate are capable or resisting the Borg on the ground.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I have no idea about the borg so im not gunna take part, that being said, i would say Earth would be a prime target, from what i gather the borg assimilate humans in to thier own armies or whatever, just as the wraith use us for food, earth would be target 1 considering that we have more people on our planet than almost any other planet in stargate all combined. Conquoring Earth is harder than conquoring the galaxy in many ways.

Would drones work? and is this pre or post unending? Are the Asgard involved?
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

The Borg have no intel on the MW galaxy.
          They first need luck, to avoid enemy ships.
          Secondly, they'll have to find a place where to devlop something, an industry of some kind.

If they get intel about Earth, and head for the planet, they'll be torched immediately by Tau'ri ships, the outpost and allies.

Their best solution is just to grow numbers, and start to assimilate tech bit by bit. With access to naqahdah, they'll discover a new power.
          Then, it will become a question of how long it takes them to build a fleet, and how long they can remain active before making a mistake and letting their enemies know about their exact base.

Of course, their rather slow FTL will put them at a great disadvantage, until they assimilate a Tau'ri ship for example, which is unlikely to occur anytime soon.

They'll use the stargates rather quickly, and from them, spread their probes and capture people. Of course, doing so means using the stargate network, which at this point is highly monitored by the alliance of Tau'ri, Jaffa and Tok'ra.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
            The Borg have no intel on the MW galaxy.
            They first need luck, to avoid enemy ships.
            Secondly, they'll have to find a place where to devlop something, an industry of some kind.

If they get intel about Earth, and head for the planet, they'll be torched immediately by Tau'ri ships, the outpost and allies.

Their best solution is just to grow numbers, and start to assimilate tech bit by bit. With access to naqahdah, they'll discover a new power.
            Then, it will become a question of how long it takes them to build a fleet, and how long they can remain active before making a mistake and letting their enemies know about their exact base.

Of course, their rather slow FTL will put them at a great disadvantage, until they assimilate a Tau'ri ship for example, which is unlikely to occur anytime soon.

They'll use the stargates rather quickly, and from them, spread their probes and capture people. Of course, doing so means using the stargate network, which at this point is highly monitored by the alliance of Tau'ri, Jaffa and Tok'ra.
            The thing is it's impossible to track people effectively across the Stargate network. The Borg would show up assimilate and move on, many worlds could be assimilated before they get found. Transwarp is about as effective as the early hyperdrives but all it would take is a single encounter with a Tel'tak to give the borg access to hypersapce technology.

Assimilating Goa'uld building platforms would be a good start although that is likely to attract attention. I seriously doubt a few Ha'tak would be a match for a cube although that's a matter of opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
              about the naquadah - ST races master both matter/antimatter & quantum singularity energy sources (federation prefers the former (iirc was said to be safer in one episode) and romulans chose the latter) both of which are imo a lot more advanced than naquadah generators, so the borg might skip that tech altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
                Assimilating Goa'uld building platforms would be a good start although that is likely to attract attention. I seriously doubt a few Ha'tak would be a match for a cube although that's a matter of opinion.
                we'd soon have goa'uld-symbiot drones hehe...

resistance is futile ! you will kneel before your god !

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                  we'd soon have goa'uld-symbiot drones hehe...

resistance is futile ! you will kneel before your god !
                  But on a serious note on that matter could the borg assimalate the Goa'uld or Jaffa with symbiotes?

But I think if the Borg would do what the Replicators did but on a smaller scale at first. They would use the stargate to go to worlds and assimlate everyone and everything. They would try to get ships in the Milky Way such as tel'taks, al'keshs, ha'taks and any other ships they could find. Then after getting ships they would have the maps to the Milky Way and start picking off worlds that could not defned themselves. Then the Borg would build Cubes but with faster hyperdrives and hopefully earth, the Jaffa, or the Tok'ra would find about them and try to stop them sooner rather then later. But if the Borg get an Earth ship then its over as Earth has the most powerful Hyperdrive and Shields in the MW as they are Asgard Tech
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman
                    But on a serious note on that matter could the borg assimalate the Goa'uld or Jaffa with symbiotes?
                    the symbiots have strong immune systems but as the holodoctor said the borg nanoprobes were very advanced & so far only one species had an immune system aggressive enough to repel the nanites, and that was a species from a separate bizarro-dimension

the hirogen also have very strong immune systems but the borg assimilated hirogens as well

the 8472 immune system is a lot stronger than the goa'uld or hirogen ones, in fact from what we've seen it works ~instantly

the borg nanoprobes shouldn't have much trouble taking over the symbiots

Comment

Since a single Borg vessel had the power to decimate much of the Federation's fleet (and we don't have Data or Picard\Locutus to bail us out), I think the Borg would burn through the Milky Way with little resistance. Without Asgard tech, I think it would be a walk in the park for the Borg.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BerrySciFi View Post
                        Since a single Borg vessel had the power to decimate much of the Federation's fleet (and we don't have Data or Picard\Locutus to bail us out), I think the Borg would burn through the Milky Way with little resistance. Without Asgard tech, I think it would be a walk in the park for the Borg.
                        I don't think so, if the Jaffa, Taur'i and Tok'ra combinded their fleets and stopped the Borg early then I think the alliance would be able to beat the Borg but its all about how early the alliance can stop the borg
                        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        So whats the worst that could happen?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                          I don't think so, if the Jaffa, Taur'i and Tok'ra combinded their fleets and stopped the Borg early then I think the alliance would be able to beat the Borg but its all about how early the alliance can stop the borg
                          I have serious doubts about the Jaffa's ability to coordinate a large strike on an enemy vessel. They only seem to be able to bring a few ships to bear at a time.

Comment

The Borg would take over the galaxy. If they assimilate a Goa'uld they gain all their knowledge. The Jaffa would not be able to do much damage to the Borg, because the Jaffa use Goa'uld technology, and the Borg would have adapted in such a way that Goa'uld technology can't harm them. The Borg would then assimilate all Jaffa.

Even the Asgard would not be able to do much against the Borg, because they couldn't defeat the replicators. And the Borg not only assimilate technology, they also assimilate organisms, making them imo a much more dangerous oponent then the replicators.
                            sigpic

Comment

Without the Ori involved I'd say it would be a pretty swift victory for the borg. The stargates would give them a huge tactical advantage, whole worlds could be assimilated much quicker than in the ST universe. I think it would be done pretty low key though, Earth/The jaffa can't monitor every planet in the galaxy, they'd soon be able to build up an army and ships capable of taking down the entire Galaxy. The only hope would be to notice them by chance quite early on in their arrival in our galaxy and launch a full scale attack. Not the petty fleet shown in 'Camelot', a proper fleet, atleast a couple of dozen Ha'tak and all of Earth's ships. With the Asgard out the picture I don't see the 'Camelot' fleet taking down a cube.

Comment

Working...
                              X