This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient communication thinggy...

Ok, we know the ancients had one of those communication thinggies in avalon (glastonbury). But do you think that was the only one? Do you think there might be one in the peggy galaxy somewhere?

yes but who would they talk to??
    I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
    "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Ok, we know the ancients had one of those communication thinggies in avalon (glastonbury). But do you think that was the only one? Do you think there might be one in the peggy galaxy somewhere?
      most likely there are...

Comment

well those things were powerful enough to communicate to the ori galaxy, so maybe they had one but it was destroyed by the wraith since they had taken nearly every planet during the war
        sigpic

Comment

i don't think there is. it doesn't really look like your usual ancient tech. i think that possibly that there was a traitor in the alterrans midst and got found out. at this point merlin took the comm device he was using thinking that it could be used against the ori somehow. possibly even spying on them. just a theory.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The problem is why would they need one for Pegasus at all! It's only a couple of weeks trip back on a regular 304. A few days with a ZPM. Therefore I seriously doubt the ancients would take any longer to get back & forth between galaxies. So if Alterans or Lanteans had wanted to communicate, then why not open up the Antartic SG back to Atlantis & send messages or people back & forth. It's not like thery had power problems or anything of the sort!

I think it's the only one. Most likely the Alterans left one behind when they departed. Perhaps a few of them stayed behind, or other Ori who weren't fanatical but didn't want to leave their family & friends behind forever. So chose not to go. This device would have allowed them to keep in touch even though they were on the other side of the galaxy. The fanatical Ori I doubt would have let others dial the gate & have nice friendly chit chats on a regular basis. So it was the only way.

The other one is they purposely left one behind. Then used it to check up on the Ori throughout their 1000's of years traveling. Just to make sure they weren't being followed etc. Then over the years they may have hidden it completely or they may have continued to use it to make regular check's on what the Ori were doing over the millions of years since they left.

Either way, I seriously doubt that there are some in close by galaxies like Pegasus etc. They would only be for ultra long haul distances across the universe. So to that end, there may be some in other galaxies that the Alterans seeded with human life along their route. However I doubt they stopped to spend time doing this incase the Ori were hot on their heels. They probably wanted to get as far away as quickly as they could. For that reason, I can't see another one ever being found. Unless it's in 'Universe' in which if the show goes the way that the name implies, then there could be long distance travel involved. So a good chance of some being found.

Comment

As mentioned already, there is no real need for such a device in the Pegasus galaxy.

Also, the discovery of one such device makes me wonder if Merlin and his followers secretly contacted people within the Ori Home Galaxy and somehow created the Anti-Ori Underground Movement....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                As mentioned already, there is no real need for such a device in the Pegasus galaxy.

Also, the discovery of one such device makes me wonder if Merlin and his followers secretly contacted people within the Ori Home Galaxy and somehow created the Anti-Ori Underground Movement....
                interesting.. merlin already knew about the situation of the ori and decided to go human a create ori bomb...so he must of needed someone to be in the ori galaxy and see what had changed since the ori had already ascended,

thats probaly why he had one in his avalon cave and to control the user of the otherside without being detected like how dan and vala did....
                sigpic

Comment

There was another communications device and two stones to go with it in the Ori galaxy.

Avalon Part 2 -

Daniel and Vala are in the bodies of Harrid and Sallis. Vala finds an interesting copy of the 'Book Of Origins' -

[Vala opens the book to show Daniel two sections hollowed out from the pages. In each hollowed section is an Ancient communication stone.]

Then -

FANNIS: Harrid always suspected the stones were a means of communication.

DANIEL: You know about the stones?

FANNIS: We are curators, investigators of the past. The stones were discovered some time ago in what we believe are the remains of an ancestral burial ground not far from here.

From 'Origin' -

DANIEL: You said you had other artifacts besides the stones.

FANNIS: (smiling) I'll show you.

DANIEL: No! Just tell me! Now, we're looking for a large dome-shaped object with a blue crystal on top. The stones fit inside of it.

FANNIS: (smiles) Come.

Then -

INT—HIDDEN ROOM, VILLAGE OF VER AGER

[Fannis and Daniel uncover and open a wooden crate. Nestled inside is an Ancient communication device, identical to the one at the SGC. Vala and Fannis grin at each other. Daniel takes the black stones out of the book, which he hands to Fannis. He hands one stone to Vala. They both stand over the device.]

Was there ever any explanation for the device in the Ori galaxy? I can't recall one offhand but something might have been mentioned in a later episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                    Was there ever any explanation for the device in the Ori galaxy? I can't recall one offhand but something might have been mentioned in a later episode.
                    Don't think so but if the whole 'Merlin scouting the Ori Galaxy with his followers thing' is true then its possible that they snuck it in while gating to the galaxy though not sure how they would have avoided the all seeing gaze of the Ori...

Or, it was simply one of many relics in the Ori Home Galaxy. Remember that this was where the Ancients evolved so the Ascended Ori must have removed a lot in order to pave the worlds with new human life.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Though if that is the case why would the ancients have built it before leaving...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Though if that is the case why would the ancients have built it before leaving...
                        Who knows... perhaps there were earlier plans for extragalactic exploration which required such devices to remain in contact with the inhabitants of the galaxy or perhaps the Altera believed they would peacefully leave the home galaxy but leave behind some communication terminals in order to stay in contact with their brethren when the Ori went violent against them.

Comment

I think that we will be seeing that device in the "Ark of Truth", I saw it in their shop where they were making sets and such when I was in Vancouver this year.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                          X