Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A single Ori ship in the Star Trek Galaxy...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A single Ori ship in the Star Trek Galaxy...

In a move bound to cause controversy, I have decided, through the Act of Random Wormhole, to deposit a single Ori mothership in the ST galaxy, in the Delta Quadrant to begin with, in Kazon territory.

How far can a single Ori ship get in converting followers to Origin in the ST galaxy? Remember, their goal is to convert, not to kill.

Irrespective of firepower, I think, if the goal is to convert the ST galaxy to Origin, it doesn't matter how many Ori ships you throw into this. The SG galaxy is full of worlds that were once enslaved by the Goa'uld and are easily swayed by displays of god-like power. The ST galaxy is not in this situation, with the major powers being more developed, both technologically and in terms of society. Therefore they are likely to understand that displays by the Priors are the result of evolution/advanced technology. However, I am curious to see what others think, and how they think the Ori ship approaches this.
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
    http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
    http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

I know nothing about it. However, if there are shipyards to acquire, that will be neat.
    The problem is that in Trek, most species seem used to high tech.
    However, considering what the Founders managed to achieve, Ori worship might have a chance.

If it succeeds, it will have to fly under the radar. There are many great forces in that part of the galaxy.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      I know nothing about it. However, if there are shipyards to acquire, that will be neat.
      The problem is that in Trek, most species seem used to high tech.
      However, considering what the Founders managed to achieve, Ori worship might have a chance.

If it succeeds, it will have to fly under the radar. There are many great forces in that part of the galaxy.
      If the Ori are capable of defeating or at least hurting the Borg, then that would likely sway a great many folks, at least, if they can do it in a swift or impressive manner. But other than that, as you say, they will have to be careful.

Comment

I suppose they could try to find a primitive world untouched by high tech aliens, otherwise I don't think they'll get very far, even if they can easily destroy ST universe ships they're more likely to just piss off aliens they're trying to convert.

I don't think what the Founders did can really be compared, they created the Jem'hadar and the Vorta, they really never converted anyone to worship them.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

By random act of "cross-series vs threads are lame", your wormhole plunges into a black hole. Since this is a GM act, you cannot reroll. Game over.

Comment

You know Neko, the irony is, by posting such a message at all, it becomes YOU doing the trolling- you do realise that, don't you?

Don't like the topic, don't post. Reeeeally simple to understand.

Comment

It depends. Since it's faster than anything the entire ST-verse could throw at it, it could survive indefinitely if it was only converting "Pre-Warp" (primitive) planets. If it was engaging other advanced races in battle it wouldn't last more than a couple of months. If it went on a campaign against the Borg in the heart of their territory then it would be gone in about 2 minutes.

I'm not so sure that SG-verse ships are as powerful as we think. StarTrek.com & StarTrekWiki put Voyager/DS9/Nemesis-era (advanced) ships with weapons that have yields measured in the TERRATONS! Even the Horizon Platform only yielded explosions in the lower-mid gigatons. Trek has weapons that literally rip apart space itself.

I'm much more of a SG fan, I don't even really like ST, but with the exception of a fully-powered Atlantis, commanded by the real SG-1 (Jack, Sam, Daniel & Teal'c), I don't see any SG ships outclassing ST Warships (aside from in speed).

A fully stocked Atlantis, meaning dozens of ZPMs & nearly unlimited ammunition, could probably take out the combined forces of all of the ST-verse. But the upgraded Voyager could probably outclass the bulk of the Ori-MW fleet.
              Last edited by Ripple in Space; 25 September 2007, 10:26 AM.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by darth_timon View Post
                You know Neko, the irony is, by posting such a message at all, it becomes YOU doing the trolling- you do realise that, don't you?

Don't like the topic, don't post. Reeeeally simple to understand.
                Get over it, he's just completely unable to get it through his skull.
                He'll continue to whine and moan, mods won't do a thing, that's all you need to know. But you can report his messages, however.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Hey, we had a thread about wargames and imaginary scenarios, and it was made clear that it's not appreciated, yet you guys insist on creating it. So reap what you sow.

Comment

As soon as the Borg discover that ship it's all over...every cube in the galaxy would descend on it. I doubt many ST races would be origin material anyway.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                      I'm not so sure that SG-verse ships are as powerful as we think. StarTrek.com & StarTrekWiki put Voyager/DS9/Nemesis-era (advanced) ships with weapons that have yields measured in the TERRATONS! Even the Horizon Platform only yielded explosions in the lower-mid gigatons. Trek has weapons that literally rip apart space itself.

A fully stocked Atlantis, meaning dozens of ZPMs & nearly unlimited ammunition, could probably take out the combined forces of all of the ST-verse. But the upgraded Voyager could probably outclass the bulk of the Ori-MW fleet.
                      I dont think the OP said at which time in the ST universe, so lets make it more even and go with ENT era.
                      But an Ori ship would still prob be defeated by 4 or 5 Enterprise class ships or Vulcan, because it appears they have a weakness when it comes to sustained beam weapons.
                      Now send a fully powered upgraded Odyssey with 2 ZPMs in to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        Hey, we had a thread about wargames and imaginary scenarios, and it was made clear that it's not appreciated, yet you guys insist on creating it. So reap what you sow.
                        Obviously this thread's continued existence and discussion proves otherwise, so please keep your personal opinions about wargames threads to yourself, or you will probably end up reported

Thank you, and have a nice day.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          Obviously this thread's continued existence and discussion proves otherwise, so please keep your personal opinions about wargames threads to yourself, or you will probably end up reported

Thank you, and have a nice day.
                          Who cares just don't read his post, thats what I do and I'm fine

But I think if the Ori had a very good fleet, then they would be able to take out a bunch of the ST races and as for ground combat it might be even seeing as how everyone in ST and the Ori armies seem to stand around and shoot at each other. But even if all the Borg did decend on one Ori ship, the ori ship could just leave because their hyperdrive is superior to the warp of the borg
                          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          So whats the worst that could happen?
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                            We had a thread about the creation of a wargames section, that the mods took no action on, despite your pleas. Again I point out, you do not have to read these threads, let alone post stupid messages in them, so I again I have to point out- who's really behaving like a troll?

Comment

There's another problem for the Ori vessel. Assuming it's equal or stronger than Federation/Klingon/et al doesn't change the problem that it's all on it's own. It could be capable of one-shot kills against Federation ships but still essentially up the creek without a paddle, for it wouldn't be able to defend worlds converted to Origin from counter-attack. Simply put, it cannot be everywhere at once.

Even if the Ori can destroy Borg ships with a single blast, there is still only one Ori ship vs tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of cubes- the Ori ship only has finite resources and if the Prior is killed, no one else can fly the ship. So as others have suggested, the best strategy is to focus on more primitive cultures (the Kazon would probably be impressed, and if the Prior cured the Vidians of their plague, that would likely sway followers too) and use their vessels to do the heavy lifting and dirty work. Develop a following in the Delta Quadrant and go from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X