Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it matter which way you step through the Stargate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it matter which way you step through the Stargate?

I was wondering does it matter which way you step through the gate?

I was wondering because the Kawoosh goes one way so if you stepped the other way from the Kawoosh would you be transported or something else happen? I mean have we ever seen people going through the gate both ways?

Also what do you think would happen
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Yeah this has been asked alot. It was never covered in the show but i believe it was covered some some stargate spin off book that was released. It basicly said that one person has step through the back of a stargate and they didn;t die well. Other then that we can only guess.
    "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

Comment

It's never been directly stated, but it has been imply in a couple of episodes, A Hundred Days comes to mind, that if you walk into an inbound Stargate's event horizon that you will be vaporized.

As for the rear of an active Stargate, I have no idea. Your guess is as good as mine.

My guess is that you end up at a David Bowie concert in 1974.

Comment

In the movie, it did matter because one side was the stable puddle. The other side was a cyclonic whirlpool, so there really was only one side you could walk in.

On the TV Show? Never stated. :|

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
          In the movie, it did matter because one side was the stable puddle. The other side was a cyclonic whirlpool, so there really was only one side you could walk in.

On the TV Show? Never stated. :|

They did not cover this in the series but I am sure they use the same principle. Its like walking against a train . How can you take the other way if you need to cross the event horizon in order to be transported by the wormhole. I don't think the whirlpool can be accessed without dying .

Comment

I always thought if you walk through the back side and go through it nothing would happen. IS that what your asking?

Comment

My guess would be that you wouldn't be able to walk through it. It would be like hitting a wall.
              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                I always thought if you walk through the back side and go through it nothing would happen. IS that what your asking?
                You have no proof of this. It's never been cited nor shown to be true.

Comment

you could just walk throu the gate not be demiterialized just walk throu to the other side of the gate
                  I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
                  "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Originally posted by eluvatar View Post
                    you could just walk throu the gate not be demiterialized just walk throu to the other side of the gate

Any proof on this?

Comment

no but it would be possible it would be like walking throu the puddle but not being demeterialized
                      I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
                      "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Originally posted by eluvatar View Post
                        no but it would be possible it would be like walking throu the puddle but not being demeterialized
                        ...and where does the vortex form?

Comment

in my toilet... :x

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte
                            ...and where does the vortex form?
                            Originally posted by IcyNeko
                            in my toilet... :x
                            well that answers the question - step the wrong way and you're in deep sh*t :/

Comment

I'd say it would be a bad idea to enter the gate backwards....the reason?....well every gate in the milkyway galaxy has a platform with a ramp....basically saying this way through the gate!......but in Pegasus galaxy some are space gates .......but the ancients weren't good at leaving operator manuals laying around ......but then the gates in both galaxies only have address symbols on one side.
                              Viper

Comment

Working...
                              X