This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Horizon Question

Ok I am sure that someone has asked this before but, When the wormhole is established a unstable vortex is caused and it incinerates every thing in its path, well then why does it not incinerate the Iris?
    During the first season they always kept the Iris open but then they always kept it shut when the wormhole came in, why did it not incinerate the Iris?
    Why does it not incinerate the Iris?

sorry if this question has been asked before, I searched but could find nothing?

Your correct, it has been asked a good few times before!

The simple answer is that the Iris is placed so close to the Stargate itself that it prevents the big kawoosh from forming in the 1st place.

Comment

You know I think its almost a right of passage on GW to start a thread asking that question. Congratulations Lord batchi ball, today you are a man!
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

normally they have less posts than L-Double-B
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys I know this question is probably asked a lot but I can't seem to figure out the search function but what's that metal round thing they keep using in the show it seems important but again I don't know how to use the search function just like to create threads that have been answered time and time again and even though they clearly explain it in the show I am just going to ask.

Comment

don't be mean IN sometimes when you are searching for something like this you get some many results come back it's almost impossible to find what you are looking for.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
              Hey guys I know this question is probably asked a lot but I can't seem to figure out the search function but what's that metal round thing they keep using in the show it seems important but again I don't know how to use the search function just like to create threads that have been answered time and time again and even though they clearly explain it in the show I am just going to ask.
              l2 search function nub
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Butan pres yield no result.

Comment

Yes I searched but it gave me everything under the sun but what I was looking for plus my internet is somtimes intermintant and it makes searching much longer than it should (because I live out in the middle of nowhere).

Plus I kind of remember Carter explaining it but they still have that whoosh sound effect every time the gate is activated and I just don't see how you can have one with out the other if it is every time the Gate is activated.

But nevermind that, I thought that was a decent Question to ask but it has kind of turned in to a bash batchi thread so I now close the thread (in a manner of speaking) no hard feelings

Comment

i was under the impresion that they closed the Iris AFTER the kawoosh.

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
                      i was under the impresion that they closed the Iris AFTER the kawoosh.
                      Sometimes, but far from all the time. It is quite often closed when a wormhole is formed. Just as an example watch "The Lost City, part 2" you can see it there.

Comment

The vortex itself probably still forms, but the explosion of energy taht is the kawoosh is not allowed to materially integrate. And neither are the jaffa armies that run through their side of teh gate.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                          The vortex itself probably still forms, but the explosion of energy taht is the kawoosh is not allowed to materially integrate. And neither are the jaffa armies that run through their side of teh gate.
                          then where would the sound come from?

i have a theory that when the iris is closed the kawoosh happens backwards, and there is currently no proof against this theory
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                            then where would the sound come from?

i have a theory that when the iris is closed the kawoosh happens backwards, and there is currently no proof against this theory
                            Wouldn't the kawoosh go through the wall behind the gate at the SGC?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              Wouldn't the kawoosh go through the wall behind the gate at the SGC?
                              What you haven't seen the giant hole in the wall behind the gate?
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X