X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Anubis Modifications/Technology

Alright did I have several questions about Anubis modifications

1. Were Weapons, Sensors, and Hyperdrive better then normal Goa'uld tech or not?

2. Were the shields of Anubis stronger shields or were they somehow calibrated to work against Tollan Ion Cannon?

3. Did Anubis just make Goa'uld technology to its full potential or did he make his own tech based on the Ancinets and the Goa'uld?

4. What were the limits to what he was able to upgrade? Could he make upgrades or did he have to inspire his Goa'uld underlings to make the changes?

5. Was Anubis tech on the same level as Asgard or was that just a crappy ship that the Asgard sent in Revelations?

6. Was Anubis ships superior to Goa'uld system lords ships in tech but not numbers or why was the Goa'uld able to hold off Anubis with ships?

I guess I have had these questions debated many times on the forum and I guess I just want one thread where people will come to end these debates
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    Alright did I have several questions about Anubis modifications

1. Were Weapons, Sensors, and Hyperdrive better then normal Goa'uld tech or not?
    Don't know. Probably.

2. Were the shields of Anubis stronger shields or were they somehow calibrated to work against Tollan Ion Cannon?
    Probably calibrated. And stronger.

3. Did Anubis just make Goa'uld technology to its full potential or did he make his own tech based on the Ancinets and the Goa'uld?
    Probably pushed it to a greater potential.
    Remember: With Ancient knowledge O'neill was able to rebuild a Tel'Tak Hyperdrive into an intergalactic hyperdrive comparable to the Asgard Hyperdrives in Daedalus Class ships.

That would be like making a V1 mororcycle engine have the torque output of a V10 Hemi.

4. What were the limits to what he was able to upgrade? Could he make upgrades or did he have to inspire his Goa'uld underlings to make the changes?
    Don't know. Never specified.

5. Was Anubis tech on the same level as Asgard or was that just a crappy ship that the Asgard sent in Revelations?
    It was a weaker Asgard ship. But Anubis tech was similar level to older Asgard tech.
    O'neill Class ships would likely fry Anubis Hat'taks.

6. Was Anubis ships superior to Goa'uld system lords ships in tech but not numbers or why was the Goa'uld able to hold off Anubis with ships?
    They had numbers.
    Anubis was outnumbered by all the system lords combined strength.

Comment

Unknown, but likely. At the very least, it was mentioned at least once in the series that Goa'uld hyperdrives were getting faster and faster.

Definitely stronger. They managed to withstand a direct shot or two from a Beliskner-class warship, although the entire ship did rattle from the impact.

Most of the tech appeared to be derived at least to some extent or other from Ancient technology, although there were limitations in their design (such as Ori motherships definitely being a heckuva lot more powerful). Another example being his Kull Warriors, which were cloned enhanced humanoids given a semblance of life using a Goa'uld constructed version of the Ancient healing device and blank slate symbiotes. Although Anubis also did directly utilize Ancient technology, such as the Gatebuster weapon and he attempted to gain control of the Antarctic weapons platform and the Genesis Device. Since the Goa'uld are scavengers by nature, I guess you could say that the answer to your question's a combination of both, whatever suited Anubis best or was within his means at the time.

Never made clear during the series, although it's fairly obvious that there were indeed limitations to the technology that he was able to copy based off his knowledge when he'd ascended (such as the aforementioned shielding technology being inferior to that displayed by the Ori motherships). And he obviously didn't have the means (or perhaps even knowledge) to create something on the scale of the Genesis Device on Dakara, since he was so desparate to capture the installation instead of constructing another one. On the other hand, other Goa'uld were shown to be pretty innovative, such as Nerus being able to figure out how to dial the entire Stargate network simultaneously.

At the very least, it was powerful enough to pose a significant threat to the Asgard to the point where they even stated that they were no longer certain if they could effectively defend the Protected Planets from the Goa'uld, in addition to their own resources having already been dwindled by their ongoing war with the Replicators. The upgraded Ha'tak was definitely more powerful than a Beliskner-class, which was already a formidable vessel in its own right. And by the Asgard's own estimates of the Ha'tak's strength, it took three O'Neill-class warships to cause Anubis's vessel to retreate, which was a significant force for them to spare all things considered. Meaning it's very possible that if they'd only sent one O'Neill-class, the Ha'tak might've been able to destroy it as well.

You have to remember that during the time of 'Revelations', Anubis had only shortly before made his presence known and was still in the process of consolidating his powerbase. While he definitely had superior technology (thanks to his time ascended) as compared to the rest of the System Lords and a sizeable armada in his own right, he almost certainly was outnumbered if the majority of the other System Lords united against him (not to mention the fact that up to that point, Yu was the most influential of the System Lords and likely had the largest fleet, and we know just how massive their armadas still were as was shown in 'Reckoning', and this was after the whole massive infighting deal that had been going on in previous seasons). Of course, each new System Lord whom Anubis subjugated or killed added to his own forces, and by season 7, he was pretty much the dominant power in the galaxy especially once he'd introduced his Kull Warriors.
      Last edited by Lord of Nightmares; 23 September 2007, 05:36 AM.

Comment

it probaly wasnt ancient tech he used he just incorparated ancient tech to gouald, wasnt actaully ancient he used(thats what i think) therefore making his ships better.

the beliskner was the asgard ship that was destroyed, yet i think they would of been hard to destroy.

and his technoloy wasnt that good to compare to the asgard, thor didnt know the hataks were better
        sigpic

Comment

5) The tech was not similar to the Asgard it was jut that the one Asgard ship was outnumbered by the three Hataks and Thor was taken off gaurd by the Gould attacking and not running, the ship might have beeb a older modle or maybe it was damaged in the war with the replicators.

6) My guess would be that Anubis might have had a advantage in the beginning with the more advanced Hataks but in the course of fighting the other system lords might have captured a Anubis Hatak and looked at the shields and then upgraded thiers to match, so then the only advantage would have been would have the uber-big Hatak with the kick a** weapon.

Comment

Why does everyone always assume that the Ship that Thor brought was a piece of crap? I mean it wasn't an O'neill class but still the beliskner class is a highly formidable ship and I don't think they would have sent a ship that is not working that well even if it was just to scare off the Goa'uld

Also I have proof that Anubis had updated sensors that were maybe even better then that of Ori Ships.

Here is my proof

BRA'TAC: Anubis must now have means of detecting cloaked ships.
            Then in the episode The Pegasus Project

Teal'c remains hidden from an Ori ship by the Supergate which proves that Anubis had superior sensors over that of the Ori
            Last edited by fugiman; 23 September 2007, 12:57 PM.
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Where did you get that revelations quote? I don't even remember Bra'tac being in that episode.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                Where did you get that revelations quote? I don't even remember Bra'tac being in that episode.
                You are right its the repedmtion part 2, sorry about that
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  Alright did I have several questions about Anubis modifications1. Were Weapons, Sensors, and Hyperdrive better then normal Goa'uld tech or not?
                  Yes.

They were overral stronger shields. They were Ancient shields, but they were not as strong on Anubis Ha'ataks as they were in Ancient ships because the Goa'uld power sources are weak.

There is no such thing as "ultimate" potential for Goa'uld technology. Technology is technology. His technology was more advanced than that of the other System Lords because he got access to some Ancient technology.

The limit was his Naquadah power source. His Ancient shields were much more powerful than the regular Goa'uld ones, but they were functioning at only 10% of their strengh or so because the Ancients used ZPMs while Anubis used Naqadah generators - but even at 10% of their strengh, they were still much stronger than those of regular Ha'ataks.

No, the shields and energy weapons of O'Neil class ships were still superior. Ancient shield are stronger than Asgard shields when they are functioning at 100% of their strengh, but on Anubis ships they were weaker than Asgard shields.

Ancient shields are the msot powerful of all by far when functioning at their full strengh, but they have an astronomical energy requirement that the Goa'uld power source could not furnish.

Anubis Ha'ataks were more powerful than regular Ha'ataks. As for your second question: probably.

I guess I have had these questions debated many times on the forum and I guess I just want one thread where people will come to end these debates
                  Noob'Tauri has just given the final word on this issue...

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                    Yes.
                    In what epsidoe does it show that Anubis has better weapons or hyperdrives on his ha'taks? Not his super weapon, thats what I am looking for

The limit was his Naquadah power source. His Ancient shields were much more powerful than the regular Goa'uld ones, but they were functioning at only 10% of their strengh or so because the Ancients used ZPMs while Anubis used Naqadah generators - but even at 10% of their strengh, they were still much stronger than those of regular Ha'ataks.
                    Where did you get 10% number?

No, the shields and energy weapons of O'Neil class ships were still superior. Ancient shield are stronger than Asgard shields when they are functioning at 100% of their strengh, but on Anubis ships they were weaker than Asgard shields.
                    I don't know Asgard shields are pretty damn powerful IMO and we have never seen a fully functioning Ancinet ships (othe then PJ) so we can't judege how powerful those shields on their ships are

Ancient shields are the msot powerful of all by far when functioning at their full strengh, but they have an astronomical energy requirement that the Goa'uld power source could not furnish.
                    We have Atlantis shields as the most powerful but as for their ships who knows how powerful they really are

Noob'Tauri has just given the final word on this issue...
                    Nope, don't think anyone can really out an end to the questions
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

We saw Ancient Shields in Inferno, they operated pretty good without being backed up by a ZPM, they with stood the magma, but they were not so good against the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                        We saw Ancient Shields in Inferno, they operated pretty good without being backed up by a ZPM, they with stood the magma, but they were not so good against the Wraith.
                        True but thats because McKay was a super smart guy
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X