This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha'Tak Auxilliary ship compliment

I was wondering how many Death Gliders, Tel'Taks and Al'Kesh d you think a Ha'Tak can carry at any one time as we were never given any solid number and it is really bugging me. Myself I think it can carry 120 Death Gliders with 40 per pyramid face with folded wings, 12 Tel'Taks at 4 per face and 6 Al'Kesh with 2 per side stored in either the pyramid faces or in the prong black structure around the Pyramid. I would really like to know what other people think the compliment is and where you would put them?????

I didn't think the Ha'Tak carried any alkesh. I think your numbers about gliders and cargo ships are along the right lines tho.
    General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

I thought that they could carry them, but as the size of the Al'Kesh is unkown I limited them at 6 as I've heard 67m and 36m lenghs. The Ha'Tak would have to carry them as they are only medium range and also seeming as the Ha'Tak carried fighters then shouln't it carry bombers

Comment

they cant carry alkesh's only death gliders and transport ships and alkesh is far to big to fit through a hatak door and they have their own hyperdrive
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah they have a hyperdrive but it is well slower than a Ha'Taks-I also proposed the idea that an Al'Kesk would be launched from a seperate area to the Tel'Tak and Gliders.This problem derives from sizing me thinks

Comment

I think the Ha'tak could possibly Carry at least two Alkesh depending on the size of the bay and the cargo ships have thier own hyperdrive and they still carry them around.

I think your number on the Death Gliders is a little high, if you watch the episope where SG1 has Cronses Ha'tak and is evacing the Tokra you can get a precise number when they launch them, my guess would be around 40-50.

Comment

The reason why I say 120 gliders is because the Acclamator class from Star Wars had 156 fighters, 16,000 troops, 80 Laat/i, 48 Laat/c, 48 AT-TE, 36 Spha/t, 320 speeder bikes and is more or less the same size as the Ha'Tak at 700 meters long although it is not as wide or as high as the Ha'Tak. If they could fit all that onto a slightly smaller ship then 120 gliders isn't asking much. For the Al'Kesh it REALLYdepends on its size-looking at the cockpit it feels more like 36m long and therefore 6 of them spread around the ship wouldn't be to much trouble

Comment

1. I'm not sure al'keshes are slower than ha'taks in hyperspace.
                That said, a ha'tak could extend its hyperspace bubble to encompass a fleet of smaller crafts.
                2. A ha'tak hardly carries more than 30-40 death gliders top, and it also depends on the kind of ha'tak we're talking about.
                Considering that ha'tak means pyramid ship, iirc, it would also be useful to specify which model you're talking about.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by hatakuser View Post
                  The reason why I say 120 gliders is because the Acclamator class from Star Wars had 156 fighters, 16,000 troops, 80 Laat/i, 48 Laat/c, 48 AT-TE, 36 Spha/t, 320 speeder bikes and is more or less the same size as the Ha'Tak at 700 meters long although it is not as wide or as high as the Ha'Tak. If they could fit all that onto a slightly smaller ship then 120 gliders isn't asking much. For the Al'Kesh it REALLYdepends on its size-looking at the cockpit it feels more like 36m long and therefore 6 of them spread around the ship wouldn't be to much trouble
                  star wars and stargate are two completly different universes you can´t really compere them
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                    star wars and stargate are two completly different universes you can´t really compere them
                    I'm only comparing the sizes and what they are carrying. You're right that comparing the 2 galaxies would be inadvisable but all I'm saying is that they are about the same size but they have vastly disproportionate amounts of equipment onboard. For the Ha'Tak model it doesn't matter as all three(Early,Standard,Anubis Refit) can carry the same amount. For the gliders Apophis's original invasion of 1998 gliders were stored in racks of 10 as we saw when Oniell,Carter,Teal'c, Jackson and Bra'Tac escaped. 40 to me seems to low as Selmak launched that many to distract Apophis from Vorash.

Comment

I would say at the very least 50 and the Most 65 (Death Gliders)

Comment

Pictures are better than words sometimes.

Apophis' troops preparing an attack on Earth:

Selmak sending out all the gliders to bait Apophis:

The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Thanks for the pics.

Bear in minf that that it only one bay of the Ha'Tak. I'm sure there'd be more bay contacing Gliders so I say a few dozen wouldn't be much of a stretch. But I'd put forward the idea the TPTB have been pretty inconsistent in the exact specifications of many of the ships etc in Stargate which is a lil annoying considering how long it's been around....
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't see how you could cram more bays into the core of a ha'tal. Consider that the bays you see in the first pic, is for a ha'tak from the first seasons.
                            The newer ha'taks had horizontal bays (Descent), still opening on the lower edge of the pyramid core.

Ra's ha'taks apparently had a bay which didn't contain much gliders since this one was located in the upper section of the pyramid, thus allowing little room for crafts.

Really, there's a lot of space wasted on ha'taks. Fortunately, this is compensated by an even deployment of heavy turrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                              I can't see how you could cram more bays into the core of a ha'tal. Consider that the bays you see in the first pic, is for a ha'tak from the first seasons.
                              The newer ha'taks had horizontal bays (Descent), still opening on the lower edge of the pyramid core.

Ra's ha'taks apparently had a bay which didn't contain much gliders since this one was located in the upper section of the pyramid, thus allowing little room for crafts.

Really, there's a lot of space wasted on ha'taks. Fortunately, this is compensated by an even deployment of heavy turrets.
                              Yes, Ha'taks, for all their faults, managed to pretty much have firing arcs across the entire ship. Earth and the Asgard need to read the Goa'uld strategy book on that one.
                              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Working...
                              X