This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha'Tak Refits engines

We all know that Anubis enhanced the Ha'Taks systems(Weapons and Shields) so that they could take on the Asgard and that he stole Beaming Transporters from the Asgard, One thing that has been running around my head is would'nt Anubis upgrade the Ha'Taks engines to exceed 32,000C because it would take 3 years to get across the galaxy which would be far to long considering he was also after the Lost city. Any thoughts on this would be helpful-also any views on speeds Post refit

Originally posted by hatakuser View Post
    We all know that Anubis enhanced the Ha'Taks systems(Weapons and Shields) so that they could take on the Asgard and that he stole Beaming Transporters from the Asgard, One thing that has been running around my head is would'nt Anubis upgrade the Ha'Taks engines to exceed 32,000C because it would take 3 years to get across the galaxy which would be far to long considering he was also after the Lost city. Any thoughts on this would be helpful-also any views on speeds Post refit
    well it seems hataks can go alot faster..like when yu shouted at his first prime to go somewhere else than destroy anubis and he said it would take weeks or months to cross the other side of the galaxy.

i think his words were 'but my lord, thats the other side of the galaxy that would take weeks...... (i think)

i think anubis wasnt worried about hyperdrive just defeating his enemies, and the lost city he wouldnt care since he is immortal and his jaffa have good health he would just take his ship there no matter what.
    sigpic

Comment

If is first prime said weeks then it is still possible that there was an engine refit. I would personally say that it was between a 2-10 fold increase. Osiris's Al'Kesh was also modified(with Asgard Beaming tech) so perhaps the Al'Kesh and Tel'Taks were also modded

Normally it would take 3 years for a standard Ha'Tak(32,000xC) so lets say for a 320,000xC hyperdrive it would be roughly 900-1000 light years a day or 32 light years an hour. At this speed it would take 4 months to travell 100,000ly.This could be what Anubis's First Prime was refering to???

If the Ha'Tak got a 10 fold increase depending on what they actually modified the Al'Kesh and Tel'Tak MAY!!!!!! also get refits on speed. You know when Teal'c said Ha'Taks max out at 10xC and Tel'Taks at 2xC, having the 32,000xC Ha'Tak would mean that the Tel'Tak(If the scale is correct) can achieve 6400xC. If this is the case I rate the Al'Kesh at 4xC = 12,800xC
      Last edited by hatakuser; 22 September 2007, 09:17 AM. Reason: Bow Down Before You God

Comment

If is first prime said weeks then it is still possible that there was an engine refit. I would personally say that it was between a 2-10 fold increase. Osiris's Al'Kesh was also modified(with Asgard Beaming tech) so perhaps the Al'Kesh and Tel'Taks were also modded

Normally it would take 3 years for a standard Ha'Tak(32,000xC) so lets say for a 320,000xC hyperdrive it would be roughly 900-1000 light years a day or 32 light years an hour. At this speed it would take 4 months to travell 100,000ly.This could be what Anubis's First Prime was refering to???

If the Ha'Tak got a 10 fold increase depending on what they actually modified the Al'Kesh and Tel'Tak MAY!!!!!! also get refits on speed. You know when Teal'c said Ha'Taks max out at 10xC and Tel'Taks at 2xC, having the 32,000xC Ha'Tak would mean that the Tel'Tak(If the scale is correct) can achieve 6400xC. If this is the case I rate the Al'Kesh at 4xC = 12,800xC
        I don't really think you can use the 10xC rule with the first seasono because that would make no sense at all because suddenly all the ships can go 38,000xC instead of 10xC. Also I think the Al'Kesh is the same as a Ha'Tak as they always seem to be with each other in space combat

Also when does it say that Anubis has better weapons? We have seen they have better shields but never said weapons were better
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
          I don't really think you can use the 10xC rule with the first seasono because that would make no sense at all because suddenly all the ships can go 38,000xC instead of 10xC. Also I think the Al'Kesh is the same as a Ha'Tak as they always seem to be with each other in space combat

Also when does it say that Anubis has better weapons? We have seen they have better shields but never said weapons were better
          well he did manage to destroy thors ship with only 3 hataks while the original hataks could be taken down with ease from a asgard ship

and anubis superweapn ship had pulse weapons like that of the wraith when it was firing on the prommie in lost city 2

and it said somewhere he had superior weapons than that on a normal hatak..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
            well he did manage to destroy thors ship with only 3 hataks while the original hataks could be taken down with ease from a asgard ship

and anubis superweapn ship had pulse weapons like that of the wraith when it was firing on the prommie in lost city 2

and it said somewhere he had superior weapons than that on a normal hatak..
            What episode because I don't Remember ever hearing that but I could be wrong

Also we have seen that numbers can beat superior tech (ex Ancinet vs Wraith)
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

It can be a matter of numbers, but there still needs to be some parity, your weapons need to have some impact and your shield/armour needs at least a chance.

In the fifth season finale, note the relief of both Osiris and her Jaffa at even surviving the first salvo from Thor. I believe it's the same episode where the other Asgard says "it appears they've upgraded their shields and weapons as well"

Prior to that, the Asgard had the Goa'uld living in fear. That alone speaks volumes. However, Thor made it clear in Season 3 that his one ship couldn't take on the expected 200-strong hatak force heading Earth's way.

I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that in the fifth season finale, the Asgard were surprised that they couldn't beam through Anubis' shields.

With the ten times the speed of light quote, Teal'c was used to dealing with older vessels ; he didn't even think at first that the Stargate could be on a ship and Carter later notes that they reached Earth much earlier than expected. I presume Teal'c was thinking of old-school (i.e. like Ra's pyramid) hataks, Apophis' were an upgrade and it makes sense that Anubis may have further upgraded the speed.

Comment

Teal'c thought Apophis' ha'tak was travelling at 01c, but reality has shown that the ship was travelling much faster.

TEAL'C
                A Goa'uld Ha'tak vessel can travel at ten times the speed of light.

CARTER
                Okay, so if we are heading to Earth, then we have a long time.

O'NEILL
                Based on what?

CARTER
                Based on the coordinates of the planet we gated to.

O'NEILL
                We didn't Gate to a planet, we gated to a ship.

CARTER
                Yeah, but that ship had to have been in orbit around or on the surface of a planet in order for those Gate coordinates to work. So, based on the location of those coordinates, even if we were traveling at ten times the speed of light, it would take at least a year to get to Earth, probably more.
                PREVIOUSLY ON STARGATE SG-1

[Excerpts from 1.22 "Within the Serpent's Grasp" are shown.]

TEASER

INT—KLOREL'S MOTHERSHIP

O'NEILL
                Captain Carter?

CARTER
                Sir?

O'NEILL
                Were you able to put enough C4 around this ship to make a dent?

CARTER
                We placed charges where they should generate secondary explosions, so, yes, sir. Should make a hell of a dent.

O'NEILL
                Thank you, Captain.

CARTER
                Given enough time, I might be able to figure out…

O'NEILL
                Negative. We should expect some of their reinforcements through that door any second. Stand by to detonate your charges on my order.

CARTER
                Yes, sir.

DANIEL
                Wait!

O'NEILL
                Daniel, if we don't stop them now, we may never stop them.

DANIEL
                Yeah, I know that.

[Daniel takes a pack of C4 from his vest and attaches it to the peltak.]

DANIEL
                Let's just make as big a dent as possible, okay?

CARTER
                Ready and awaiting your order, sir.

O'NEILL
                Okay. Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound.

[He pauses and thinks.]

O'NEILL
                Nothing comes to mind. Let's do it.

TEAL'C
                O'Neill, Apophis's ship approaches.

DANIEL
                We overheard in the Gate room he said he would rejoin Klorel once they came out of the shadows.

O'NEILL
                Teal'c, if we can knock out this ship, will it stop them?

TEAL'C
                It will not. Apophis's vessel is equipped with defence shields. He will still be able to destroy your cities from high above.

[There is the sound of banging as Jaffa try to break through the doors.]

O'NEILL
                Tell me those C4 charges are on automatic timer.

CARTER
                They're on automatic timer.

O'NEILL
                Good. How long do we have?

CARTER
                Twenty-four hours.

O'NEILL
                Twenty-four hours?

CARTER
                At the time, sir, I thought we were still light-years away.
                Speed: 10 c (lightyear per year).
                Duration: 1 year (or more).

Distance: 10 LY, at least.

Carter plants C4 in the stargate room, not too long after O'neil tells her to do so (just before O'neill and Teal'c are captured and brought into the stargate room).

She sets the detonator to 24 hours.

They arrive in the Sol system, passing near Saturn at a high speed.

Battle ensues in the pel'tak, and Klorel is shot with a pistol.
                They've arrived to Earth.
                Carter reminds O'neill that the detonators are still 24 hours away from detonating.

So let's say that it took them, well, one hour to cover that distance. I assume that Carter was rounding up the number (though technically, considering how fast the events unfolded, the detonators were probably something like 23 horus and 40 minutes away from explosion, at max).
                This will compensate for the fact that the ship exited hyperspace on the rim of the Sol system. It also compensates for the walk between the various rooms.

Globally, the ship went from an estimated speed of 10 LY/Y, to 10 LY/H, at least.

A year is 362.25 days. Or 8,694 hours.
                LY = 8,694 LH

V = 10 LY/H
                V = 86,940 c

And that's if the trip lasted one hour, while it clearly lasted less than that.
                Better than even Cronos' ha'tak's FTL drive (32,000 c).
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

His ship wasn't refitted, it was in the script. Duhhhh

Comment

Working...
                  X