Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood Ties (series) woven~worlds (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Ties (series) woven~worlds (Spoilers)

For fellow fans who frequent GW I've decided to make a thread for the new show Blood Ties on Lifetime.

Starring:
    Christina Cox as P.I. Vicki Nelson
    Kyle Schmid as Henry Fitzroy
    Dylan Neal as Mike Celluci, and
    Gina Holden as Coreen Fennel

A good site:
    Bloodlines

And for those on LJ here are a few communities:
    General community for Blood Ties
    Blood Ties Fic
    A community for fans of Kyle Schmid (This one is mine (brand new), which is why I'm shamelessly pimping it )
    Blood Ties News

So feel free to discuss anything, post pics. Usual rules apply (spoiler tags, etc...)

Lovebar made by natz099
    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

i've been meaning to start a blood ties thread but i keep forgetting and with the rest of the season approching... Let us know what you think!
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

So far I have enjoyed it. Before the first episode aired I was worried that it would be too lite but it turned out better than I thought.

Comment

I saw one episode and wasn't thrilled. However, as it seems rarely to have negative reviews, I think I might give the series a try when it comes out on DVD.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I like the show, i actually like it more then the books.
          sigpic

Comment

I hvn't read the books yet, i tired to find them but they arnt in any branches in Australia. I have to order them from USA >_<, thats a pain...

Comment

Can't you have an Australian bookstore order them for you?

I live in the Netherlands, and i couldn't buy them directly from a dutch bookstore, so i had a bookstore order them for me.
              sigpic

Comment

i can, but theyh will take ages to get here, and i cant wait that long

Comment

Ooooh - Blood Ties! YAY!
                  Love it.
                  Finally an non-broody unapologetic vampire.

And it's going to get a great SGA connection - Blood Ties lead Dylan Neal is doing an episode of SGA.

And Lord Camulus/Steve Bacic will be in the season two opener on October 12th - the episode that most of us call episode 13, but Lifetime calls first episode in season two.
                  SteveBacic.com, DanPayneActor.com,
                  BloodTiesCentral.com

Comment

YES!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! and we're in a critical cross-roads for HEART OF ICE and HEART OF FIRE... for all who have reached that point in the series this week in the UK... etc.
                    DO NOT MISS HEART OF FIRE.. TURN THE PHONE OFF.. LOCK YOUR DOORS.. and have all snacks pre-prepared beforehand, so that you won't have to get up during the scenes or in between the commercials.. if you like the BLOOD TIES series at all, you'll be glad you heeded this advice!!

...and I'm NOT kidding on that -- at all... *trust* me...
                    lots of anxiety attacks across the planet have just begun for those who are now in between both of those 2 eps... which is sort of funny, because we who *have* seen it already went nuts dying over peeking at the spoilers or not. I only lasted an hour or so, before peeking at the spoiler when someone finally found out about it. However, it didn't help much.. maybe a little, but only in some specific details. I never expected it to be THAT good -- as much as it was.. on an OMG!! jaw-dropping scale.

Well, here's a few *helpful* hints to HEART OF FIRE..
                    -- reading the spoilers won't help.
                    -- Looking at the pictures won't help, either -- they'll just make you sort of scratch your head in bewilderment!
                    -- watching the ep from start to finish and picking up on all of those little nuance details will help in understanding the fluency of this particular ep -- greatly. It was an outstanding example of excellence in production and acting all the way around, IMHO.

for anyone who doesn't really care much for vampires -- well, I'm not really that much interested in them either.. but HEART OF FIRE is just... OMG!!! it's awesome... and that's rare for a *vampire* story to capture my heart as intensely as that one did.

here's a treat to hold some of you over in the meantime...
                    Spoiler:
                    Out-of-context, this is one of the *safer* photo captures..
                    Think of it as--

Just another *expressive* moment from our *beloved* Henry..

Henry with that *beautiful* tussled hair and in a "deeply human" tender moment
                    http://www.bloodtiescentral.com/btcp...ies108_121.jpg

it's become one of my most *favorite* moments, plus it makes wonderful bait, too!!

Originally posted by meretean View Post
                    Ooooh - Blood Ties! YAY!
                    Love it.
                    Finally an non-broody unapologetic vampire.
                    that's just the way I *like* my favorite vampire.. with a great sense of humor and a love of living his/her life to the fullest -- taking advantage of the *gift* they've been given. And since Henry (Blood Ties' resident vampire) died at the young age of 17,

1) he didn't know any better, because I think he was *blinded* by love (his love to Christina (the vampire, not Christina Cox the actress -- gotta stress which ones we're talking about here -- the coincidences DO tend to get very confusing after a while between our reality and the amazing coincidences on BT.. and I still think the author of the books, Tanya Huff, was channeling my *cousin* Vicki when Tanya created the ideas in the first place!)

2) Henry has had many years of learning how to mingle in without being too obviously noticed with the other crowds of "normal" humans, so he could live that much longer... sort of keeping his head still attached... no puns connected to his daddy dearest King Henry VIII, btw.. I was thinking more of HIGHLANDER (with Adrian Paul) when I thought of that originally...

Originally posted by meretean View Post
                    And Lord Camulus/Steve Bacic will be in the season two opener on October 12th - the episode that most of us call episode 13, but Lifetime calls first episode in season two.
                    that's because LIFETIME schedules their programming weird - from what I've heard. Anyway, it screws up the episode number counts on the bloodlines web site, and probably from the original production numbers from KEI, who produced the series, too.

*sigh* -- less than 2 weeks for us Lifetime viewers!!

BTW... some more of this I had posted about in the MOONLIGHT topic (with detailed spoilers for what actually happened BEHIND THE SCENES about Blood Ties ep # 8 HEART OF FIRE in the spoiler brackets -- for anyone interested. I'll repost it here in verbatim (via quote), but only if the moderators will permit it.

Comment

So, here's the deal, I quit watching this show at 106 ("Love Hurts"). I felt the acting was pretty bad and the episodes went nowhere. However, I've heard it get better soon after the point I stopped watching. Anyone give me any indication as to whether I might enjoy the 6 episodes of the current 12 that have aired? As I say, I'm looking for better continuity/arcs and performances that are less 'flat'.
                      Don't want to end up too far behind and then find I'm missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                        So, here's the deal, I quit watching this show at 106 ("Love Hurts")....Anyone give me any indication as to whether I might enjoy the 6 episodes of the current 12 that have aired?
                        so, here's a dumb question-
                        did you actually see LOVE HURTS or not?
                        I'm sort of confused as to how to answer your above question, because the first sentence sounds like you saw it, but the last one makes me think you stopped short - at Sinead's mysterious box (*pandora's box*).

(btw, the actor who plays PETER GRODIN, on Stargate Atlantis - Season 1, was the "love demon" in LOVE HURTS... lots of nice jealousy bantering between the 2 loves of Vicki's life, too, in there...)

ep. 7 HEART OF ICE is so-so for its monster of the week topic, but the other storyline about Henry was only beginning to heat up...

ep 8 HEART OF FIRE is NOT TO BE MISSED if anyone saw ep 7. Totally awesome and totally well constructed episode all the way around. The fluency was amazing, including how some scenes just flowed right into each other, or brought previous ideas back into full circle later on.

It helped knowing afterwards also about the funny things that happened on the actual set with Kyle, when Tanya generously spilled the info for the rest of us. I never saw so many people rush back to their recorded versions and play back the scenes ten times over, just to see an inkling of -- well, spoiler will be told later, after everyone else gets into it. Otherwise, I'd recommend reading my other post (within the spoiler brackets) on the MOONLIGHT topic (page 1) for those *juicy* details!

Comment

i loved the banter between mike and henry in that episode they turly hate eachother, or they jsut fighitng fot Vicki one of the other: either way i still love it!

Comment

Unfortunately, the Blood Ties News site mentioned above has shut down.

But these sites are still very much active:
                            http://www.bloodtiescentral.com, http://www.kyleschmidcentral.com and http://www.dylannealcentral.com are still active and updated regularly.

If you're looking for details on the music used on the show, bloodtiescentral has the info.
                            SteveBacic.com, DanPayneActor.com,
                            BloodTiesCentral.com

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                              i loved the banter between mike and henry in that episode they turly hate eachother, or they jsut fighitng fot Vicki one of the other ...
                              I think maybe it was a little of both. The *jealousy* demon only went after the object of the *most* jealousy. In this case, if Henry was the person who had the most jealousy thrown at him, did that mean that Vicki was jealous for Henry, as much as Mike was jealous against Henry? (Two against one).

I just found that whole segment sort of hilarious on the weird side, because vampires are supposed to be hated creatures, not an object of desire. Mike is mad at how easy it is for Henry to have won over Vicki's heart, and ever since GIFTED, Mike suspects more hanky-panky has been going on between Vicki and Henry -- and that grates BIG time under Mike's *jealousy* factors, because he (Mike) is still trying to be deeply in love with Vicki.

The only problem I had with the jealousy demon was that I thought it was pushing on Henry's skull, while trying to rip off or crush his jaw at the same time (everywhere else I've read, other viewers thought the demon was merely pulling out Henry's hair).

What was also funny in the LOVE HURTS ep was--
                              Spoiler:
                              those love-lost puppy eyes of Henry.. twice he did it in this episode..
                              the time while talking ever-so-close to Vicki, until she broke the moment by telling him to take out the garbage
                              -- which was like -- Vicki, come on! He's being *nice* about the moment!!

and 2nd time-- when the blonde wife was complaining about her neck, and she showed her neck to Henry, to which a huge *grin* suddenly came across his face... and then she just walks away -- leaving his jaw sort of drop in anxious anticipation!! and Henry sort of got puppy-love lost eyes all of a sudden and started following her like a drooling fool! LOL!

there were several funny moments of various bantering in this episode. Too numerous to list them all off the top of my memory, but another favorite moment was how the storyline connected Vicki's conversation with Henry in the hallway, and how resistant she was, with that other *moment* he stole later on -- without letting her think twice about it. and her saying about how upset she was that a demon was about to kill her - without seeing Henry as a potential demon right next to her, in the vampire realm sense.. and then Henry just swooped on in and shut her up real quick! I don't think she was expecting him to do that, nor do I think she thought he was even capable of being *that* good at a real kiss.. so to compensate, she lies!! right in front of everyone (Coreen was standing there the entire time!)!

Someone also mentioned in that particular scene (the first real kiss!) that Vicki was (symbolically) wearing "Victoria's Secret" underwear..! Ooooooooooo!!! bad!!!! (as in hilariously funny!!) PUNNY, punny, PUNNY!!!
                              now, was that deliberately done as *double* speak, too??
                              Vicki's got a secret crush on Henry?? or not?? she did seem to enjoy the moment. (snicker!)
                              Last edited by SGalisa; 01 October 2007, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X