This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asurans and Drones

The only time we have see the asurans use drones is when they were in atlantis. Is it possible that the ancients prevented the asurans from developing drones as a precaution , if they were able to bypass their base code. Against a rebellion or an attack on the humans of PG.

Well if you haven't seen the second episode of season 4.

Spoiler:
    The Apollo was taking drone fire from an Asuran ship (Aurora class i think) but the apollo took multiple drones with no damage.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
      Well if you haven't seen the second episode of season 4.

Spoiler:
      The Apollo was taking drone fire from an Asuran ship (Aurora class i think) but the apollo took multiple drones with no damage.
      Those weren't drones. They didn't look even remotely like drones during the episode.
      It was still a terrible scene and each one of those incredibly advanced Asuran weapons should have ripped a hole through the Apollo, but the writers are cal o rejects and they do these things.
      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Yea I didn't read the other thread until after I posted on this one. It could have been weapons designed for Wraith ships ie. no shields.

Comment

Aye the asuran lack of drone use is just the writers way of keeping earth ships alive

its lame tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
            Those weren't drones. They didn't look even remotely like drones during the episode.
            It was still a terrible scene and each one of those incredibly advanced Asuran weapons should have ripped a hole through the Apollo, but the writers are cal o rejects and they do these things.
            If you watch 'No Man's Land' & then 'Lifeline' you'll see they look exactly the same. Drones when active don't look like squids, they get surrounded by the yellow energy field. To me they are Drones!

Comment

It makes sense though. Like, the US and Russia both have/had client states on Earth. They give them weapons and intel, but they don't had over a Nuclear Warhead, they keep the best stuff for themselves.

So, the Ancients could think the same, keep the big guns safely in our control.
              Disliked a recent episode?
              Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
              The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

To me if they were drones it means the writers are selling out just to attract new viewers

but inturn they will lose others

I mean how the hell can a earth ship be expected to have its shields last against a ship that has technology millions of years ahead of it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                  If you watch 'No Man's Land' & then 'Lifeline' you'll see they look exactly the same. Drones when active don't look like squids, they get surrounded by the yellow energy field. To me they are Drones!
                  Drones track their targets... these weapons didn't.

Not drones; case closed

Comment

The replicators may see energy-based beam weapons as being much more effective and efficient, hence they prefer to use those. Which is why the asuran satellite was a beam weapon, not a drone weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPeterson View Post
                      Drones track their targets... these weapons didn't.

Not drones; case closed
                      Lol, the ship was right ahead of them when they impacted on the shields so no need to track anything. The 304 didn't hop around trying to evade them, it stood there & took the shots head on before going into HS. Can Drones enter HS, so when the window was opening up, they obviously knew from their sensors where it was going next. Therefore why even attempt to waste time to do an impossible task of hitting it before it went into HS?

A normal missile can track targets, but if the target is right in front of it, then no need to track anything down. It only needs to go straight & it's hit it's target. Here's an easier analogy, a F1 car is stationary, your standing across the road, throwing stones at the car & driver. He starts his engine up & puts his foot down on the gas. Are you gonna try & run after the car to throw more stones, or do you know you have no chance in hell of catching up with it, so don't even bother to try?

While in 'The Return', why didn't the Drones teack the PJ underwater, especially since a few mins later on, Beckett fires Drones perfectly well while underwater. Drones can hit targets, they can swarm around them, they can do this & they can do that. In this situation it didn;t matter what they did because the 304 was outta there big time. So unless they can travel in HS, what's the point in wasting energy & Drones to fire them when they cannot hit the target!

So am afraid case is very much still open!

To me if they were drones it means the writers are selling out just to attract new viewers

but inturn they will lose others

I mean how the hell can a earth ship be expected to have its shields last against a ship that has technology millions of years ahead of it ?
                      Why would firing Drones get them new viewers. If anything they're expected to use Drones. So to get new people interested, it should be some form of brand new ultra cool energy phazers or what have you.

The 304 without a ZPM wouldn't have been able to last against it. We've seen it get quickly damaged by Ha'taks & Wraith ships. A couple of days before, the Apollo was badly damaged when it was grazed by the Asuran beam & that was only a second woirth of impact. So in reality they badly dropped the ball, the Drones or anything else the Asurans fired should have badly damaged the ship & shown us all how powerful they were. However I honestly can't say I'm surprised myself because they've screwed up vital scenes or sequences so many times in the past that I've kinda come to expect it nowadays.

It makes sense though. Like, the US and Russia both have/had client states on Earth. They give them weapons and intel, but they don't had over a Nuclear Warhead, they keep the best stuff for themselves.

So, the Ancients could think the same, keep the big guns safely in our control.
                      Other than the fact the Ancients designed the Asurans to destroy the Wraith. So how couldf they do that if they started holding back the most powerful weapons. If anything they would have created a whole host of new weapons specifically for the Asurans. Put it this way, the Lantean ships were always outnumbered in any fight against the Wraith. Dones are easily expended so they obviously couldn't carry enough at any one time to defeat 5/6 Hives in a single go. Not to mention firing large quantities at any one time requires great amounts of enwergy. So why waste that, when that could be going to your shields to keep the ship in one piece. Especially when you could use an energy weapon, that takes up much less power to fire, meaning more power to the shields, then can allow you take out entire fleets.

We saw the Asurans build up a whole planet of cityships. They can make Drones, energy weapons, intergalactic hyperdrives, cloaks. Can build fleets of ships in no time & all the rest of it. Weapons aren't to blame, especially since we saw them use a beeam weapon on Atlantis a couple of days before.

The writers are to blame, Apollo should have been badly damaged even if only in a brief fight. If a regular 304 can stand up like that, I'd honestly hate to see the trouble an Asuran ship would have if Apollo had a ZPM or 2 powering it's shields. Fact is they badly dropped the ball in the battle sequence. However it's done now, so what can be done about it!

Comment

ACtually I've watched both episodes about 1000 times now and It's pretty obvious that they are NOT Drones in Lifeline. As the 304 is hyperspacing away, the last 2 energy globules just continue in a straight Path going all of 10 miles an hour. And actually, drones DO jink and curve on the way to their target. PLEASE rewatch "Lost City Part II" and "No Man's Land".
                        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                          ACtually I've watched both episodes about 1000 times now and It's pretty obvious that they are NOT Drones in Lifeline. As the 304 is hyperspacing away, the last 2 energy globules just continue in a straight Path going all of 10 miles an hour. And actually, drones DO jink and curve on the way to their target. PLEASE rewatch "Lost City Part II" and "No Man's Land".
                          Good point. This could be the first evidence that we've seen of Ancient based energy weapons or maybe they developed them all on their own and won't use drones.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

You have to remember, the Asurans were designed to be Killer Nanites, so, it is logical to say they didn't have their best stuff. Hell, they could launch an attack with an Ancient Warship and only require a single Ancient on the ship to launch the drones, whilst the rest were crew.
                            Disliked a recent episode?
                            Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                            The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

i dont believe that was there most powerful or even a warship... to me it could of been a recon ship since it has a cloak and minor weapons.

in the return pt 1 when the asurans come to atlntis in a ship and fired at atlntis it rocked the whole place meaning they must have some decent energy weapons
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X